Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #28

we havent because sophie had quiet a reaction to the MMR which had chick embryo in it so holding off

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by luua View Post
    the one i have tara is a soft spout with a cross hole. when ella bites or squeezes the spout then the water starts coming out.

Ann
    hmm, where did you get that from Ann. THe ones i have, bilby gets the water into her mouth, then it all falls out, making her tshirt wet (the neck of it). i think the water comes out too fast for her to be able to cope.

Taralee, i so hear you about the sleeping stuff
    WOT IS SLEEP?
    bilby seems to be screaming and shrieking day and night
    no day nap AT ALL (only 2 weeks ago, had morning and arvo naps)
    doesn't go down til 10 or 11 WITH MUST PROTEST and MANY TRIES BY US
    wakes again at 1 or 2 for a feed, then 3 or 4 for another feed
    i am the Poster Girl for blood shot eyes! no point going to bed cos she wakes up WHENEVER i lay my head on the pillow!!!! argh! i am SO over the shrieking!!! she just wants to be picked up ALL the time - and when you do, she arches her back, not a cuddly bub, just wants attention

sorry to hear about the painful AF visits, that was me ten years ao

Luaa - that's terrific about Ella pulling her self up, that IS real progress, and the tummy time going so much better! i think she's going great guns in such a short time since you saw the Paed.

AJP - Emelia sounds like a wonderful eater. bilby CHOKES on 2mm steamed bits of mushy brocoli! i just couldn't chance her on a sandwich. she is not interetsed in any finger food! has at least four teeth, but not using them that i can see. all she wants is damm puree! i put bits of different tastes for her on the highchair tray for her to experiment with. they still end up on the floor if I don't pinch off a piece and put it in her mouth e.g tiny pinch of avacado. FOod is a constant battle.

so our report card checklist
    we're failing:
    • solids
    • sleep
    • slings
    nappies - that's going great, about the only thing we're not failing.
    breastfeeding is ok, apart from occasional bit
    crawling - that's fine, lots of cruising, she'll walk soon enough
    talking - just dad dad, i'm too worried about the shrieking, the nonsleep and the food to be worried about the talking
    argh

Hi ladies...

We are not leaving until 11pm! So i thought id jump on while Craig and BOTH girls are asleep (i feel proud i manage 2 sleepers...damn hard work tho).

Gigi you are NOT failing babe..Bilby just has a mind of her own!! As long as she is healthy and happy its the main thing. Sure the no sleep for you is not good though. Wish i could help somehow. Dad Dad is a start on talking...

Ann thats great Ella is making progress!

Lunches here is sandwich (vegemite...i swear its all she lives on) yoghurt, an orange and drink.

Not tried egg yet....but Chelsea eats quiche which has lotsa egg so i think she might be ok and she has egg custard in the jars.

Weighed the fatty tonight.. Chelsea is 10.2kg...Jasmine is 4.5kg....hmm i think Jas will be a porker at this rate!!

Early dinner tonight..530 and was in bed by 630. Im praying they both sleep for this drive!

Im so excited about tmrw...

Chelsea sends huge kisses and cuddles to Aston Vicky

Gigi, dont be so hard on yourself with your report card. you're succeeding in so much. I know sleeping and eating are so hard, and to be honest i dont think you ever will stop worrying about it. it wont be too long before you're worrying that they're eating and sleeping too much! i know i know, i cant wait for that day either!!
    evie had 3 naps today! she was up at 5 went back down at 7 for 2 hours, had 1/2 an hour at 12 and then 1hr 10 mins at 230! so i hope she sleeps tonight... lol just for a change!!
    Evie's been having egg for a while, no one has allergies in either of our families so i wasnt too worried about giving it to her.
    if you put some in her mouth and wait for a bit then check to make sure no rash comes out around her lips then you should be ok.
    PUT HERSELF TO SLEEP TONIGHT!!!!!! YAY!!! i stood next to the cot but she did the rest!! Plus i didnt feed her before bed! thats no feeds at all today!!
    OO..sorry dont know what happened there...Christy can you delete that last post pls
    well i spoke to soon cos she woke up screaming so i gave her a little drink from her cup and a cuddle and put her back down and she went straight to sleep.
    Last edited by taralee; November 28th, 2007 at 08:02 PM.

Done

Well if there were a report card... I'm sure we'd be doing pretty average:

Eating... starting to get cranky & want to feed herself
    Sleeping... only when she wants too, which isn't when Mummy wants her too
    Walking.... still only cruising, getting more brave but just not interested
    Slinging... loves it....but too heavy
    Nappies.... going great guns with MCN's but still having sposies overnight when DH does it.
    House.... dirty & disorganised.

Eating... going good, we have our moments!! loves to feed herself, not liking lumps loves whole peaches and camebert chesse!!
    Sleeping... cant and shouldnt complain here
    Walking....everywhere
    Slinging... love love love it go the ergo!! just widh id bought it earlier
    Nappies.... loving using MCN's
    House.... dirty & disorganised.

Gigi - we are our toughest critics. I looked a bilby and she is thriving so the combination of what you're doing is working! She is going well. To make you feel better Ella is till a tiny 8.3kg! she wears 3month old shoes but she eats us out of house and home.

I think we as mothers worry. its our job description. This balances the facts that most of our DH's dont worry at all! Someone has to so we step up.

Oh and with the water cup it is Magmag and we just got it from the chemist. its good cause they can control to a degree the amount of water they get. To get it they have to suck and bite down on the spout.

Kim - happy birthday Chelsea for tomorrow! hope you get lots of pressies and some cake too.

Lunch ideas - hmmmm i've been doing spiral pasta which ella can feed herself. I put just some pasta sauce on it for flavour. I accidentally gave her pesto sauce on it on the weekend and forgot it had NUTS! oops i guess i've introduced nuts. I've also given her eggs - she loves it.
    Have you guys tried dumplings/wonton with the bubs? You can get them from the aisan food shops. Just steam them up and they are easy to hold and eat.

Well i resigned today. But my CEO said he didnt want to accept it! WTF?? So he offered me a few options including more $$ and i can choose where i want to work. I'm going to think about it...got a few interviews too so i've gotta decide next week.

Ann

ann i hear you on the feet thing!! sophies barely a size 3 1/2!!! tiny feet!! she also eats heaps, and scabs off others!!

kim have a safe trip, drive carefully!!

ella ate a friend's baby's sausage on the weekend.
    SHe's a guts.
    i see her picking up crumbs off the rug.(I'm such a great house-keeper)

Ann

Eating... Good loves her food!!
    Sleeping... we have mostly good days and nights now sleeping through again
    Walking/running....never stops, had to chase her down the driveway this morning!!
    Nappies....need to start buying more mcn
    House.... cleanish did a big clean yesterday

might try some egg soon

aston has been having egg for a while...it happened inadvertently, DH didn't realise that it was a wait til they are one thing...and as Aston has been wanting to eat our food, he gave him quiche. he showed no reaction, and hasnt since. thank goodness!

report cards!! what the!! rip them up right now girls. do you have a precious amazing individual in your care that you are helping to become a person, with integrity, morals, value system, compassion, caring, confident.... that is all that matters. all the rest is piecemeal. reach over and pat yourselves on the back. you doing amazing things!

we had dinner at Inlaws tonight and Emelia was playing happily, then she went over and went to open the bottom draw in the kitchen and MIL said no, (ok fair enough) but then she slapped her on the hand....excuse me WTF but no way does anyone do that to MY child, i dont even do that..how would u feel? am i overreacting??

i didnt say anything to her (i think she seen the disgusted look on my face though) but when we left i told DP and he didnt seem bothered by it, but i was/am furious...how hard is it to pick her up remove her from wat she is doing say no and then distract her with something else. just gives me another reason y i will never ever leave her with them

ok rant over

i would be furious Blanche. DH is use to her discipline. If she saw your face and your reaction i dont think she would do that again.

Vicky - great words. A lot of the time its hard to see the bigger picture. I'm not going to be complaining about the tanties (well not this week)

ann

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Ann, our bubs are exactly the same weight, bilbs feet are small too, she's on the 2nd lowest line on that percentile chart thingy.

Blanchie, i am so worried about my parents and how they might treat bilby, that they dont' know where we live and even that bilby exists, it's how i can keep her safe, and why i don't use her or my real name online. (in case you thought TinY Bilby was a irritating nickname, it's actually for a good reason).

Housework reportcard? i'm not telling cos it's just too dreadful!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMELIA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTON

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA

Ann, what a compliment your boss doesn't want you to leave! even if you still go, i hope him offering your inducements is good for your confidence, you ARE valued to him then, even if it sounds like he didnt let you know it UNTIL you threatened to leave!!!

Christy, do you have a decent collection of night nappies? does your dh know how to use them, put them on Jovie? We have an unopened pack of green sposies, but no matter what has happened, dh has never opened them. I leave the NIGHT NAPPIES basket stocked up, so there is always something in there for him to put on bilby. He likes the bamboo ones the best. What size is Jovie? can she undo aplix?

Glad you've all reminded me about the egg thing, i must try bilby with scrambled eggs.

thanks for all your good ideas.

ASTON!!!

CHELSEA!!!

grrrrr feel like failure mummy when I read what some of the bubs are eating now - we seem to have just hit a wall and can't get past into varied foods... won't eat cucumber, tomato, cheese ..... eats peanut paste sandwiches until the cows come home ... my fault have fallen into the rut f giving him what I know he will eat .. just a good dose of mummy guilt passing through

Aston!!

Chelsea!!

i can't believe my baby boy is one! feeling a little sad, and a little excited.... I think because aston is my last 'baby' and this last year has gone soooooooooo incredibly fast. I feel like I blinked, and we went from newborn to running toddler.

He is such a delightful little person. Its funny, because each stage he has entered, i reflect on Laura and Nathan, and how far they have come. I searched out photos of them on their first birthdays... how big and grown up they are now. Birthdays always make me very reflective...looking backwards and forwards at the same time.

My daughter turns 12 in 5 weeks....far out!!!

Blanche you have every right to feel P!ssed off at MIL. Emelia is YOUR daughter, and how you and DF choose to discipline and teach her things is your RIGHT as her parents. she crossed a boundary honey, and if your able to you need to make her aware that how she does things, is not how YOU do things with emelia... not right or wrong, just different... silly bloody woman, doesn't she realise that she will be the one to loose out???
    Last edited by tiggerandpooh; November 29th, 2007 at 08:54 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast