Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #27

Default Babies Born November 2006 #27

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - sherie.brown@bigpond.com - Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - lea13@bellybelly.com.au
    Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au - Administrator
    Christy - christy7@bellybelly.com.au - Administrator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found HERE

oh thats gotta suck Kim!

i agree with u Jols, bring on winter!!!

I hate winter!!

But i hate summer now with kids....

I know mum has brought Chelsea a pool for her birthday and she said "Dad said its big enough for all 4 of you to get in"....must be big!!

I love summer!! Maybe why we live in Brissy

Welcome Sarah! I love it when I get the two to sleep at the same time, very rare but wonderful.

Us... Jovie's teething like a madwoman... its crazy.

Hi Sarah-Jane! Welcome
    Well, I am absolutely gob-smacked...like, i just want to explode!!
    Evie's been getting better at going to sleep on her own ie me just standing next to the cot and she did it this morning which is a first because when there's stuff to look at who wants to go to sleep! But tonight. ..well, whenever she stands up i lay her back down and say 'no it's sleep time' and thats usually enough for her to stay down. if she keeps getting up, i walk out for 40 seconds or so, come back tell her its sleep time and she stay down and goes to sleep, usually holding my hand. tonight i did all that, walked out came back in and i just laid my head on the edge of the cot while she was laying there kicking her legs and chatting. then she stood up and i just said "no. lay down" and she did! she dropped straight onto her stomach, run her hand over the sheets for a bit, kicked her legs for a bit and went to sleep herself. i may as well have not been there!
    i cannot believe how much she has grown up in the last week. she understands everything we say to her like sit down etc...she's a real little person, not a baby anymore

I know exactly what you mean Tara! I keep looking at Aston this last week or so, and marvelling at how much of a little BOY he is now, not a baby. and seeing as he is my last little baby I'm sad, but happy at the same time...He is delightful, and can make me laugh. He has started coming up and cuddling me randomly, just like Laura and Nathan, and Richard all do. its so lovely, and makes me all teary.

Yup we have a little lady here. When she sits on the floor she crosses her legs now and so grown up

Thats great Tara!!

Same Kim! it's weird because there's not a lot of leg to cross!
    Vicky - i love those random cuddles! especially when they have a little thinking-face on beforehand. lol
    I've decided it's only fair that i should get a sparkly diamond ring for having a baby so i've got DH on it. i've just picked one out so now i am waiting for it to be presented to me. i didnt ask to be high maintenance, it's just how i am LOL

hi guys. I feel like its been a lifetime since posting here....I've been lurking but just too busy to write.

Kim - Big hugs for your puppy. My mother's dog was put down after 14 years too.

Tara - I can tell you're so proud. Ella also understands things we say although she ignores us too. She sits with her ankles crossed in the pram now waves to people and points and squeals at thing she wants.

Ella is now able to completely pull to standing but she's a bit hesitant about sitting down. I have to sit behind her and she gently lowers her tooshie onto my leg. That's the ONLY way she'll sit.

Vicky - ella cuddles me and loves nothing more than lying back with a snuggle next to mum. She doent do it for my MIL or DH so we have some *jealousy* in the house.

Christy - hope Jovie's teething produces teeth soon.

Ella has discovered the dancing Santa in the stores. She's not keen on them at all. It often brings on tears of fear and anxiety...poor thing.

Ann

Gigi - happy birthday Bilby.

Hope you had a good birthday with cuddles and kisses.

Ann

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Hi everyone and welcome Sarah,

we had a good birthday for bilby, after two nights of 5am bedtimes (!!!!) we made it to the playgroup meetup at the aquatic centre, half an hour before we left, the swim nappy i had bought for bilby arrived - so that was great timing!, and bilby ADORED being in the water, waving her arms and smacking the water. I was a bit nervous about taking her there, but it turned out so well, i want to enroll her in baby swim lessons now.

Taking the pressure off myself, about an official party, did make me feel better. In the late afternoon (i was still in my bathers, hadn't dealt with wet towels etc, cos the phone went as soon as we got home), three friends dropped in, independently, that i hadn't expected, so i waited until dh got home at 6.30, then we ate a choc bavarian i had in the freezer (thank goodness that was there). I hurriedly grabbed a tube of red icing and drew a big J on it and stuck one candle. So organically, we shared her birthday with people, but without me stressing. Tomorrow is 36 and there is no way i could transport all the stuff to a park WITH my clingy bilby and not burst into tears doing it. Plus impossible to get everyone there at a mutually convenient time.

I did have this idea i would bake a cake (yeh in this heat adn with a clingy baby!!!), ice it pale, and freehand draw the outline of a bilby in black icing onto the cake. Hmm, maybe next year! I've had such fun in the past doing stepdaughter's birthday cakes. (pick the big kid!!!)

I kiss and cuddle bilbs constantly, but she is not into giving kisses and cuddles. I look forward to when she is into that.

So thanks for all your birthday wishes, the birthday girl wishes to announce "splashing in the pool and crinkly paper totally rock!!!"

Tara, that's amazing that Evie's comprehension and reactions have suddenly skyrocketted.

AJP - where is the sleeping bag sale? is it online? i would love to get the lightest one possible for my hot stuff bilbs.

I am over the part of summer that has the car being 47 degrees when i put bilby in her carseat - and this is technically still Spring!!! wtf???? the back of her tee is always soaked and her hair is wet with sweat, poor darling. Have i mentioned SUmmer hasn't started yet???

oh, there were so many bits i wanted to reply to, but they're in the previous thread, bother. my memory doesn't remember enough!!!!

whose bubba turns one next? This thread is just one long ol' birthday fest of late! ha ha bring it on!

she's gone round the sun once
    i kept myself busy today (part planned, part lovely surprise of the doorbell) but either way, i havne't spent her birthday being depressed about how she arrived, so i'm very glad about that. Feels like a win!

i do feel very privileged to have this little wriggly person in my life, her smile melts me every time. Our precious tiny bilby.

god what a night first broken night since we went on holidays I think Jake's got bronchiolitis again woke up at 2am crying and gasping and coughing and gasping and then trying to cough but sounds like he was vomitting (sp?) just wanted mummy we tried offering him water not interested gave him ventolin and after a while his breathing relaxed still choking tho we had a 10 min window we agreed to if the ventolin didn't work call ambulance but he did improve thank goodness so took him to bed with us he was very upset gave him bb first night feed in 4 months I think and he settled eventually and we all slept in until now

gigi glad the bday went well your posts are always beautiful

hi sarah hi all

We had a bad night. I dont know why, but i was up at least 5 times. she just seemed unsettled. oh and i was so hopeful!! nevermind...write it off...again.
    Now she doesnt want to go down for a nap so i left her, usually she would cry and carry one but it's strangely quiet in there. oh these babies play such mind games
    Gigi, what a gorgeous post. good on you for not making her birthday cake a stressful one! and for finally feeling good about the way your beautiful Bilby came into your world
    Last edited by taralee; November 17th, 2007 at 08:39 AM.

Gigi, glad the day went well!! i think Emelia is next on the birthday list on the 25th next sunday arghh i better get my butt into gear!!

Nelly, oh poor Jakey..hope he gets well soon

must have been the night for it we had a crappy night, mainly me coughing all night though

AWWW Gigi you put it so beautifully.

That reminds me - i need to enrol ella into a swim class too. I think being in the water feels totally natural and relaxing for them. Ella adores it. She's learned to sit on the edge of the pool and JUMP off into our arms.

Tara & Nelly - send DH out with bubs and have a nap. I wonder if they're restless because its warmer during the nights.

My MIL and I bought lots of fabric last week. We're making cotton sleeping bags for Ella. All her sleeping bags are hand-me-downs from her cousin. Now we know she likes them we'll make her own. MIL has some funky old patterns from the the 70's and she's making Ella some out fits. Cool!

Well gotta go shopping now and will make a mental note of what i want for xmas (DH needs a lot of hinting)

Ann

i usually leave a fan on in her room, mostly for the noise but also to keep the air circulating. i would leave the window open a bit if i wasnt scared of her being snatched

Had a good sleep from Chelsea...our house is cool all night cos of the evap cooling.

Id be the same as you Tara with leaving windows open, especially cos Chels is at the other end of our house and behind our house is open paddocks...so snatches could take her and no one would see them. Paranoid mum here!!

Gigi as everyone has said...your posts are always so warm and fuzzy (as are your lovely emails your send).

So Emelia is 1 next...then some one on the 28th too isnt there?? Then its Aston and Chelsea on the 29th, then Evie on 30th!

Wow hard to think November is almost over

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast