Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #30

christy why does everything happen all at once?? its like we are been tested on our coping skills.
    having a massage and christy time sounds like a great idea, ssomething i need to do as well, take time out for myself and andrew!!
    i think you DH would love to see you for lunch next week!! have a glass of wine!! kick back.

Richard and I are going out for dinner next friday night for the first time in I have no idea how long. my mother is coming to stay for the week (hmmmm that should be interesting??!!??) and I am hoping by friday I will ok enough to go out for dinner.

Jols, it was a pleasure to talk to you - sometimes just having a voice on the end of the phone can make all the difference. I cant wait to meet you IRL next feb!

Christy - make sure you book that massage - in fact I think we should all book ourselves a massage. Merry christmas to us!!!

xxxxxx

Not speaking to DH today. I dont know why. But i'm not. I'm a bit of a mess of emotions and feel like i've been taken for granted. He wants us to TTC next year but in the state i'm in I'm not sure...

Husbands just act like their lives have not changed. I wish i could go out and come home blind drunk. I wish I could come home 3 hours late and act like its not my fault. But i dont...I know it's silly but i keep thinking how getting drunk would affect Ella (we're still BF) and i just cant do it. Plus if we want to try again. i want to stay clean for a while... ARGH

I've decided i'm going out with my mum's from mothers group. We're all going to the pub and we're turning our phones off! LOL bloody MEN wont be able to cope!

Agreeing with all of you on pampering ourselves. We all deserve a massage, facial, haircut, wax, and a new dress! That's what i'm hoping for xmas.

On anther note has anyone's bubs dropped their morning sleep? I think ella's starting to but i'm not sure how to do it.

Kim - thinking about you hun. I'm hoping today's a better day with Chelsea.

Nelly - Are you ok? Did you have fun at the party? Did you go as Sexy Sandy?

We'll were off to the pool with some friends and i've got a bunch of pressies to wrap and post... busy day.

Oh did i say i'm not talking to DH!? Suffer.

Ann

Ann - my dh has a christmas party today for work... went off to golf, then off to the party this afternoon. what is it with the No Partner thing????? when do we get to have a christmas party?? so I may be not talking to my DH tomorrow. Have a lovely day, and your DH can suffer all by himself. love the idea of you going out, and turning the phone off! Have a ball!!!and have a drink for me!

Ann, i know exactly where u are coming from, how come they can just walk out the door and do as they please, but when we want to go somewhere by ourselves we have to ask if its alright and get it all organised. they just dont get it!!

Im getting my hair coloured on monday and i cant f***ing wait :P my mum is watching Emelia

Kim, :hugs: is there a day where Craig can have the girls all day and u can go do watever u want, some time to youself?

Gigi, thanks for the email Bilby is soooo cute no wonder shes on the cover!!!

to everyone, wish we all lived close so we could have a big meetup!

Emelia and I are off for some more xmas shopping today :/ honestly cant wait for the new year just not in the xmas spirit this year

I got a bunch of flowers to say "sorry".

Ann

oh good Ann, he really needed to come through with something.

My DH is in trouble for not coming home today as I asked & therefore left me to get 2 kids ready while screaming for swimming & me with a massive headache. Not talking atm because I'm too grumpy, I'd just snap.

must be naughty husband day today!! im *****y with DH as well!!

ANN yay on the flowers!! i can only dream

CHRISTY :hugs:

My DP has been alright today!! we just got home from a lovely dinner at the foreshore with friends (we met in antenatel classes) was so nice the kids had a ball!

didnt end up going shopping i couldnt make myself go lol just making it worse though leaving it

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!!! I dont post for 24hours or so and look what happens! you've all gone to rack and ruin!!!!
    oh i just tried to lighten the mood. I'm so sorry you're having rough times and i'm sure its the time of the year.
    lets be honest, guys just dont get it. they dont. Ann i totally hear you, theres no way we would go out and get drunk, come home late yadda yadda yadda and at the end of the day we know it's for our kids. I think all the time 'right, well i'm not going to do this or that or i'm driving off for a few hours...' but i dont because i know that evie's the one in the middle and thats not fair. (not having a go at you kim...thats totally different, i just mean driving off for ****s and giggles not because you want to smash something). i really have just decided to forget it and really that men and women dont think alike and never will so just to forget it. Read 'men are from mars, women are from venus' it will change your way of thinking totally.
    Kim, i used to always get upset when kids at kindy wouldnt eat and i'd feel really bad about it, but in the end i realised its true 'kids wont let themselves starve'. if chelsea is really hungry she will eat whatever you put in front of her. otherwise, too bad, she doesnt eat, forget it. if you've offered food then you've done your job.

I had this idea a while ago and it might be a bit late now..but i thought we could do secret santas for each other? what does everyone think? something girly, something we'd appreciate...i know we cant all babysit each others babies and go get smashed and naked somewhere..but you know
    just putting it out there.

I really do love the way we support each other and dont judge. my SIL said her baby buddy group drives her nuts...so judgemental and know-all and just not so pleasant. So good on us, let's all have a pat on the back

OMG tara i was just thinking the same hting today!!! im in!!a SS for us mummys!!!

blanche dont worry about the shopping theres always tomorrow!!!

Ok, well if you like, let me know if you want to be in it by the end of tomorrow, say 9pm, i'll mix everyone up, you can all PM me your addresses and i'll let you know who you've got and their address

Sounds good to me! PM u now

wat should the spending amount be?

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

so, all the dh's are in the doghouse ATM, mine too. Mr Irresponsible has three months to get ready for his daughter coming to visit, and still leaves it literally to the last 30mins before her plane arrives to come to conclusions as "Is the bed made for her"? I used to take three days to get her room ready for a visit, now she doesn't have a room all set up for her, just a bed in the nursery, and it's panic stations every time she comes. the nursery is tiny.

We had a big yelling match this week, we MUST move to a bigger place, it's too stressful being here.

Was it you who mentioned dropping the morning nap? bilby has dropped ALL daytime naps!!! has for weeks and it's driving me mental. Today we went to a community outdoor swimming pool, had fun in the toddler pool and this afternoon, bilby had not ONE, not TWO, not THREE, BUT FOUR - count with me now - FOUR NAPS!!!! i think i must take her in the pool more often ha ha!

the light sleeping bag is making such a difference. Still loving the night feeds (her big time, me, just kinda accepting that's what she needs). Too many 4.30am nights for me, wearing out the matchsticks, but it seems the only time i have the place to myself and can get stuff done.

re the depression, i find the beyond blue etc a load of hogwash. All these programs, money spent to encourage you to "find someone to talk to", i have spent YEARS trying to find a therapist who will bulk bill. SIck of being given half a dozen names at the GP "they're sposed to be roolly good", i ring up, find out the gap is something way out of my league, so that dies in teh butt. All thru my pregnancy, i knew i was in the high risk group for PND, i tried to proactively get counselling set up, all i could get was six sessions. THey wanted you to have one specific problem and deal with that from start to finish in six sessions. Life is not like that. People are more complex. I have taken myself of AD's. i got sick of feeling like a zombie. i wanted to work on issues, not just dull them down. i understood that AD's can lift you from the pits of despair , so you can function, but i was sick of being left on nothing BUT meds for years. I wanted meds in combination with therapy. Seems impossible to get, maybe it's just where i live. VENT OVER. I"m just frustrated with inaction.

Secret Santa sounds cool, bit last minute and i am dreading the shops, but maybe i can find something online. Yeh, as blanche says, what is the dollar limit? And can we have hints on people's fave colours, types of things they like? so you have more chance of getting them something they really like? (my last swap, the person i was matched with said, in response to "what would you like" - her answer? ANYTHING. hmmm, that threw me into panic! i knew NOTHING about her and that she would like ANYTHING! Do you know how hard it is to shop for ANYTHING? i had no flipping clue!!

So if youdon't hear from me tomorrow, i will have acted on my thread of moving out for two weeks, prolly if i could move out ANYWHERE that had a LIttle Squirt, i would do it, just to shake dh up!! Every time SD comes in the last year, the old chestnut of "we're still not married, was the engagement just a joke" comes back to haunt me too. Poor SD, not her fault we're squished and not married.

*hug* Gigi!! You too....

I can totally understand the inaction & how frustrating it is. I actually saw someone via the MCHN earlier. I phoned her & said I wasn't coping, had no money for help but really wanted to find someway to get out of where I was mentally.. it was great. Not a psychologist but just someone to help sort through my head.

Ann, Jovie's been on 1 sleep a day for a month of so now. Matilda dropped her second sleep at 13 months as well.

SS... I'd love too, but a bit strapped for cash... so if we could do with something small & thoughtful I'd love it.

i think we should leave til after christmas?!?!?1

Good idea Maybe a secret appreciation :P

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast