Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #34

awww christy i bet you'll be glad to get home, hope the wedding goes well and the girls sleep better once home

awww christy that sucks try to enjoy the wedding if you can!

well af has turned up with a vengeance and I feel like my insides are turning outside - haven't had one like this is a loooooong time. AND we have no hot water Friday night we didn't notice we were too hot and sticky, Sat we showered at the old place bcos we were there all day but this morning OMG freeeeeezing! We had a blown fuse which we fixed but are on overnight tariff so hoping we will have hot water tmrw morning!

Tara we have had the same with Jake and he ends up with us at about 1am will only settle with us, when he goes back into cot may be sound asleep but will wake up screaming. After a bit of deduction we reckon he may be scared / frustrated by being behind "bars" in his cot - so we bought him a new big bed today at Ikea - a bargain $169 with mattress. It's a junior bed so bigger than a toddler bed (his cot converts but his feet and head almost touch the ends now hence the prison feeling) but smaller than a full sized single. He was sooo funny jumping on the beds he liked and lying down saying night night lol. He went down easily tonight will keep you posted how we go. ATM we are leaving his door ajar if he gets scared but I would like to get a gate for his room or just shut the door properly. once he settles into his surroundings anyway - we figured a new "big bed" bcos he is a "big boy" now may fix some of our problems. Daytime sleeps are only if we are driving somewhere atm. *sigh*

gigi I know what you mean I go to all the weekend bday parties solo bcos I am a cricket widow.

jols not long now!!

vicky we had a food breakthrough this week! He is suddenly being a little more adventurous and trying new foods - I FINALLY got him to eat cucumber yday (yours!), nectarine and lychees (he inly used to eat the skin and seed) and in the last 2 days he has eaten half a kilo of lychees!!!!!! Very cute slits the seed into my hand before I give him his next ine usually, but tonight I just left them on his plate and when I went to give him his (soy) yoghurt he had 4 in his mouth! And since we moved in we have been sitting down together and he is suddenly interested in what we are eating. Thankyou I know you said ti would happen but I had my doubts!

HI everyone else how is your long weekend?
    Last edited by nelly; January 27th, 2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: clarification

*sigh* Vicky i've tried putting her to bed later, tried earlier tried EVERYTHING!
    maybe its all because shes just started walking and has 3 molars coming thru *duh*
    oh well it's better than it was so i shouldnt complain!
    7 weeks til we get our house back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Christy - you poor dear, whats going on with you? i'm starting to get worried maybe you need a trip to tahiti
    BB QLD meeting getting closer! 3 weeks?

We're doing better now Ella can (kind of) crawl. She can now get to things with screaming at us. Now she just screams at us for other things like...snacks. Its still not a proper crawl as she SLIDDDDDES her left leg under her but today she started cross pattern crawling. Still takes 5mins to come down the hallway but its progress!

Tara - poor little Evie. 3 molars at once is Ouch. I didnt even realise Ella had new top teeth. She had 2 new ones at the top. So now 8 top teeth and 5 bottom teeth.

Nelly - sounds like Jake is becoming a little man telling you he's done with the cot. LOL Im sure he'll love the freedom of the bed.

Christy - agreed with Tara you need an exotic holiday without the kids. lOl

Jols - How's miss Sophie? How are you?

Vicky - Let me know if you want me to make contact with Hetty - she's brilliant.

Gigi - Any more movies of Bilby? Need my cheeky fix for the day...

Kim - Shopping sounds lovely. Ignore the kids, you've gotta just do what you need to do sometimes.

Has anyone heard from Blanche?? Is she on Hols?

Ann
    Last edited by luua; January 27th, 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Hooray!!!!

Jake slept through!!! And he woke up happy!

Very pleased to say the big bed appears to be a resounding success! Hopefully it isn't a one night wonder!

now to sort those day sleeps......

wow nelly - a big bed!! Aston rolls around the cot so much that he would roll out of a bed! He is never where you put him when i check on him before I go to bed. Glad Jake slept well.

I'm so glad school is back tomorrow! Any longer and I think Laura and Nathan may actually kill each other!

YAY Nelly! thats great!
    these freakin day sleeps. i tell ya. her eyes are popping out of her head and she will not go to sleep!

hey im still around!! busy weekend

ill be back later

finally he went down at about 11 - but with daddy crashed on the floor next to him - supposedly reading him a story! I went in about quarter to 11 and dh was snoring and jake was lying nxt to him playing with his feet - funny little man!

Vicky I've read back a bit I have no idea what to say. Of course you feel raw & open. I get so angry when I hear those stories & I can't imagine how hard it would be if it were someone that belonged to me.

We are heading back tomorrow, soooo I'll "see" you all Wednesday

Now... I'm feeling better, tired but better.

that's good christy - have a good trip back xx

If any of u know of someone that would like a daughter they can have mine for a day! omg i just dont know wat is wrong with her she will just cry at anything, she doesnt want to be held, put down, go to sleep anything arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
    sorry just having a bad day

:hugs: Blanche. Maybe she is just having a bad hair day.... Hope tomorrow is better for you both. xxx

I think its the age Blanche...Chelsea has been the same the last few days. She wants 'up'...then wants to be put down..but then cries..so up again...wants down...

Bed is my only good point...she goes there no worries. But wont eat still.....

Lay buying a bed this Friday for her!!

HI Kim - how you doing hun? breathing in and out?

beds? god I'm soooooo not ready to put aston in a bed... I think he can sleep in the cot til he is 5! lol

blanche i hope emilia gets back to her normal self soon!!
    kim big bed hey!!! scary!!
    vicky not long til i see you guys!! woohoo!!!
    tara any more jokes??
    christy made it home yet?
    nelly DH saw the catelogues and straight away i got a NO!!
    gigi hi hun

i think days like this really get to me cos usually we have great days...but yes tomorrow is another day, Leigh is home now so shes off with him its nice to have a break! maybe she missed her daddy

Kim - we looked at a big bed a few weeks ago and almost put one on laybuy but im not ready for that yet only cos i know missy will climb out and never go to sleep!!

hows Jake going in his big boy bed Nelly?

Yeha no toddler bed for Miss C....she had to have the BIG single bed with a pretty bed head....and lovely mattress that was 'bounce' tested by her royal highness :P

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast