Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #35

poor little Jake hope hes feeling better soon..

we also just got back from the doctors, looks like Emelia just has a bit of hayfever and i just have to give her some antihistamine..i thought she might of had an ear infection from swimming but nope ears are fine!

Jols - how r u this arvo?

better this arvo, went to mothers group and been cooking again! did a marathon cooking day yesterday for sophie!!!

Here i am.
    just been feeling a bit left out lately...
    on an unrelated topic; go to 'baby and toddler general discussion' and click on the thread 'advice needed urgently' or something like that, its near the top. i could not believe it. i posted a reply cos it made me so cranky

it's 'advice needed urgently...very worried' (the post i mentioned above)
    and that, ladies, pushes me to 800 posts! woot!

well done tara on the 800 posts!!!!

ive missed you!!!!! you had me worried but glad all is ok!!!

i too read that, very scary!

having poo issues with sophie again tonight, poo's after going to bed and asleep, so cried and coughing., i know she not quite right of late

My post was removed. I stated that i think that if people havent got a medical basis then they shouldnt tell people not to worry when they post about medical issues. I also cant believe that someone - and this seems to happen a lot, not just in this case - is seriously worried about the health of their child, yet takes the time to post about it. I also said that i'd rather go to the hospital and be labelled as paranoid than have my child die.
    i dont think thats offensive, just stating it how it is.
    i've been on here for over 2 years and have always been helpful. i'm offended that someone else finds me offensive.

i would also like to defend myself. i am pregnant and part Irish. Hence, irrational, moody and a little fiery

LOL taralee.... look it is scary that people listen to complete strangers (most of them) on the net about health issues for bubs. In my mind if I'm worried, I go to the hospital.

I think people take things others say and get offended too easily. I told the mods that you have a good head on your shoulders sometimes its hard not to be hurt when people take you wrongly.

Aw thanks Christy. I obviously didn't mean to offend anyone and in hinesight, do feel bad about it (perhaps you could let cailin know for me ). At the time, I just couldn't believe what I was reading, to be honest with you.
    As mentioned, the Irish in me likes to shoot my mouth of now and consider it later DH calls me a little firestarter all the time. We all have our faults but i'm a good person.
    LOL i guess as i've gotten older I've realised common sense isnt all that common. Hmm...sounds like a catchy signature.
    Thanks again for going in to bat for me Christy, you're a good sort

tara i didnt read your post but i have to agree! too many people tell your "she'll be right" and their not! mothers instincts win hands down!

sophie has a cold ment to be going swimming for the first time in 3 weeks tomorrow but not sure i should take her i love swimming
    also heading up to inlaws friday by then we'll all probably have colds

Thanks Jols, it really fired me up yesterday. that poor mother wrote that around her baby's mouth had gone all white. that should be a sign that something is up and for people to say that its ok since he doesnt have a fever?!?! it boggles me!
    anywhos!!!!!! i'm over it LOL Poor Sophie, let's hope she has a good sleep tonight and feels better in the morning. have you got a vaporiser to put vicks in or something? (i wont say she'll be fine because i'm not dr. LOL)

I'm here... tired... hope everyone had a goodish day.

hi ya back miss vicky! go to bed!!! mm ok its a little early!!

poor miss sophie was in bed by 5.55pm tonight!! this cold is knocking her around, off to the dr's tomorrow as im concerned about her chest

mmmmmmmm... whingey sick small child that has become a koala..... no hot water because DH switched the washing machine to HOT water wash - so when I put towels into wash this morning in our 8kg washing machine - all the hot water has been used... which wouldnt be a problem if we weren't on off peak water heating!!!..... what else....... oh yeah - bloody dog ripped off an expensive doona cover and decided to taste it - no buttons left, and nice hole in it..... SIL who moved in on the weekend decided to sit down and surf the internet last night on her laptop - and consequently sloooooooooooowwwwww down the connection sooo much that I kept getting booted off MY computer....... (i know petty but I'm having a whinge)....... my airconditioner needs the evaporator replaced, and wouldn't you know it - thats the ONLY thing NOT covered by the warranty!!!!.- $475 later... DH calls into the garage to check the whirring noise on his car is - bearing in the gear box - $450 plus the brakes another $200... friggin helll..... going back to climb in my hole now!

I hear ya Vicky, I had a day like that too.
    DH made it all better tho with a lunch time special maybe you need one LMAO

Definately!!! i've got an itch that needs scratchin!!!!!!!!!

bugger about the hot water vicky!

poor sophie has bronchitis!! never had it before!! we had dr's for this arvo but i called then first thing this morning as she was really struggling when coughing so took her straight up, poor chicken, so shes on AB's so hopefully they'll kick in the next few days

oh jols. poor baby girl... not nice hun. Aston is worse this morning. I ended up putting him to bed at 8.00, he has just woken up - and is cranky and croaky. we were going to go out but i think we will be giving it a miss. some much for getting out and about this week.

Hope sophie is feeling better once those AB's kick in.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast