Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #35

Hi Ladies, sorry ive not been on. Alot has been going on and im starting to feel BB just isnt my place anymore. I love you all to much to leave though.

Vicky my apoligies for not replying to your SMS and messages online. Thanks for thinking of me babe

Christy im so sorry to hear of your mum...i do hope things can be helped and improved.

Nelly damn poor Jake has to get better soon

Jols damn Sophie being sick

Tara how you going?

Blanche hope your well

Gigi have you received the book yet?

Ann hows Child care going....damn about ur teeth too.

Anyone else....hope all is ok with you. I have no idea if ive missed anyone

On to us. Chelsea is the sickest little girl ive ever seen. She has 40-41 degree temp, wont eat, wont drink, cries all the time, her nose is running, breathing hard, just clings to me, but dr says its just a cold and she will be ok, just keep fluids up...yeh and how do i do that when she says no and refuses....but anyhow im trying. Jasmine is coming down with it too.

Im home alone 2 sick kids. Im sick myself. Craig cant stay home cos has $hit hitting the fan at work, he also has a broken foot (not gout in the end Gigi....went to new dr). I feel my world is crashing down just when i was on top of things again.

My enhanced team returned last week, very happy with my progress. So thats a step forward i spose

My IL's fly down tomorrow. Craig and i are off lunchtime Friday to Lakes Entrance for the weekend without the girls. Im silently $hitting myself about leaving them for 2 whole nights, but i know i need the time away from them.

Anyway i best be off.. just wanted to have a quick update. I usually dont come online much, but seeing though i feel a bit lost right now im back for a little while.

good to see you back kim!

hope the girls get better soon, so hard seeing them so sick
    hope you and craig enjoy your weekend away together, i love lakes entrance!!

me again!!!

sophie spiked a 40 temp this arvo, very scary, went doopey floppy so into the bath to cool her down, amazing how 6 hours to the dot from doses of nurofen and dimatapp she went down hill, and quickly too! she a bit better, ate a little dinner, will be back in bed at 6pm again tonight

Yep ive endured 40+ deg temps for the 2nd day now. Its not nice at all. Nothing is working for Chelsea. Jasmine has just woken from a nap....after a disaster with her bloody BBH nappy (the first time with a cloth butt) making her clothes wet, sheets wet, matress wet

She now has a high temp, bad nose....going down hill extremely fast....Chelsea is no better.

Every 4-6 hours Chels is drugged with Panadol, Dimetapp and Nurofen and still nothing

FFS....what next??

Ended up going out - a mum rang me, and her little guy has a cold too..but she desperately needed a change of scenery too. so we met for lunch and walked around the civic to keep each other sane chatting. it was good - i ended up being able to the stuff I needed - well nearly all of it.

kim - if the only place you pop into on BB is here that's all that matters to me. Just want to make sure my little boys birth buddy is doing ok. :hugs: Have a brillinat weekend away - I'm jealous!!! hoping to go out for dinner on friday night. finger's crossed aston gets better.

How's everyone elses day panned out??

i need a weekend away! preferably with sven by my side giving me massages and someone else with a platter of nibblies and pina coladas on tap (non-alcoholic of course).
    Hats off to you Kim, you deserve it
    feeling lots of baby kicks and tumbles this afternoon. so reassuring!

tara that's wonderful darlin. i'm glad your little baby on board is saying hello.

nooooooo!!! i just went to get evie up from her nap and she'd pulled her nappy off and painted with poo!! she's a girl! she's cute and sweet! she cant do that!!!
    good thing that m/s has passed!!!!

oh joy!! i have yet to have a yucky poo story to share...unless you count aston eating chicken poo???

I have found this brilliant website that i have spent all morning on - all about different ways you can save money! called simple savings

so i'm off to the shopping and hopefully spend under $30 in groceries... let you know if I do it! I went through the pantry and fridge, did a menu plan for the next week based on what we have, and have the shortest shopping list ever!!! the most expensive thing I'm going to have to get is fruit and veges!

its sunny here today - yay! but Aston is poorly - poor little man. supposed to be going swimming tomorrow but if he is unwell won't be going. sigh.

Our house rreaks of vomit. Ive changed Chelsea's sheets 2 times, clothes 3 times and she has had 2 showers now and her hair still smells. She wont eat a thing, wont drink a thing. Had her bottle this morning cos i thought she was ok...projectile vomitted over me WHILE i was feeding Jasmine...so we both got coated. It came out like cottage cheese. Now she keeps doing it everywhere. She had a nap and whne i got her up the bed was coated. Her dolly is now also in the wash.

What can i give her to eat? She wont drink water, gastrolyte....nothing. Im so scared for her.

At this stage we are not going away so goodbye $450 cos i cant get my money back

Kim - wish i could help out...how has the arvo been? if she isnt drinking anything, might be best to take her back to docs..poor little chicken i hope she gets better soon.

Vicky- how the shopping go?

Tara - ewww..Emelia has pulled her nappy off a few times in her cot but luckily she only did wees!

Jols - how is Sophie?

Nelly -Jake any better

i havent been on much latley Emelia is teething and badly shes not a happy camper, she has been keeping me up at night so i try rest as much in the day..one tooth has cut through ..see how we go tonight!

Blanche - those teeth are such buggers! Evies had 5 come through in one week...at least it explains their moods i guess.
    Vicky - let me know how you go. i've been working on menu plans too, its hard to keep the grocery bill down when there's all those other things to buy...like nappies, wipes, girl stuff, boy stuff lol

Kim - sorry, i msn'd you

Kim - how's she doing now? did you go back to the doctor? bugger about the weekend... i'm thinking we won't be going out for dinner tomorrow night - aston is still a koala bear. he has horrid nappies too at the moment. but im glad he isn't throwing up too. darlin... hang in there.

tara - i will pm you the website address...

Blanche - bloody teeth! how's your bambino on board going?

jols - aston is the same - as soon as the nurfen and dimetapp wear off... he goes down hill fast!

well shopping - my weekly budget for groceries (including meat/vege/fruit) is 150. i spent 68 dollar and that included 10 on pet food. so while I spent over 30 - i still saved over half what we would spend usually. and it was all because went through the entire cupboard and fridge, and menu planned for a week... anyway - i'm a happy bunny.

Vicky - well done on the shopping i really need to get ours down! we spend 200+a wk now!! bub is doing good, i hate to say but i wish i was 38wks instead of 28 cos i feel like a whale and i am so uncomfortable!!

Tara - wow 5 teeth in one week i sortoff wish that will happen with Emelia so then they are through and less to come before bub2 comes, Emelia is a very bad teether..constantly cries

Emelia was just screaming this afternoon and she just didnt know wat to do with herself she wanted a cuddle then she didnt we went to my parents for dinner and she was happy cos she got to play with her nan & grandad and took her mind off the pain...fingers crossed we will have a better night.

Kim - hows Chelsea? thinking of u

Chelsea has stopped vomitting for the moment....fingers crossed nothign over night. She drank a little of her bottle but thats the most amount of fluid all day no food wat so ever.

Thanks for the MSN message Tara....in regs to the apple juice...i gave her some a little diluted and she wouldnt even touch that! She loooooves apple juice too.

Blanche im sure ur beautiful with ur tummy

IL's still came down and not sure if we are heading away... will see how the girls are in the morning.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

oh wow Kim, that sounds awful

i may be saying stuff that you have already done, but
    - doctor
    - locum
    - parents helpline
    - ringing local hospital
    - asking at local chemist
    all come into my mind

big hugs to you, i hope Chelsea gets better enough for you and Craig to go away, $450 is alot to pay for NO holiday!

about teh saving money thing, i'm saving on baby wipes by having a stack of flannels by the change table, i wet and wringe one out when i change bilby's nappy. They are actually easier to clean up a pooey nappy with, than a baby wipe, cos the loopy fabric "grabs" the poo better. I just realised, this idea might only work if you are using modern cloth nappies, cos i already have a Little Squirt for getting the poo off bamboo nappies, so it's no extra hassle to squirt off poo of flannels as well. Oh well, if you're not using bamboo nappies, maybe just the idea for using flannels to wip eyour bub's bot after a WET nappy only?

we're also saving money by NOT using many of the baby products that the bounty bag and baby magazines brainwahs you that you need for baby. We only wash bilby with water and rarely use anything on her, ocassionally organic shampoo. We're actually not doing this to save money, i just don't want chemicals on her young developing skin, but a side result is saving money.

KIM - the beautiful bilby book DID arrive, we've read it to her four times already, it's so lovely. I had it in my head, i didn't want to email you to say it had arrived, UNTIL i had a nice photo of her with the book to put with it, and that hasn't worked out yet, so i'm behind the eightball and you must think me awfully rude! but i wanted to give you a VISUAL thank you! showing you her enjoying the book! me an dmy silly ideas i get in to my noggin!!! WE LOVE IT!

my ideas are ok, it's the TIMELINE i stuff up on !!!! I have too mnay ideas, an dnot enough time to make them all happen ha ha!

FINGERS CROSSED Chelsea is feeling better by the time you read this Kimmy! we're all cheering for you that you DO get to go on hols!

CHRISTY - thinking of you too, have you booked your flights? do you know when you're going? What size is Jovie now? (in kgs).

have a question for you MCN mummas...

I currently spend 30 every 3 weeks on nappies - unless of course the nappies are on sale, so it may be less - but on average its 30/3weeks. I figure that Aston has another 12months in nappies - so i figure that in the next 12 months I will spend approx 520 on nappies.

My question is do you think that it would be worthwhile to put him into MCN during the day now or would I not get the value for buying MCN's now?

Can you tell I'm on a savings kick??? just doing the economics... seeing as he is my last baby, there won't be anymore bums going into MCN's so i don't want to waste money if that makes sense... but if buying them will actually save me money then its something I would consider.

Anyway - gigi, jols, christy, kim... all input appreciated please. I'm going to post this in the MCN thread as well.

Thanks ladies.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast