Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #35

tara no idea where she got it, though we did share a plane with mmmmm 100 or so other people!! uh-oh !!! more worried about other people, one of the mums in mothers group is preggers so my concern is for her!!

dinner mmmm sophes pretty good, i make all her food, well thats probably no help at all have you tried homemade chicken nuggets with vegies???

Thats an idea Jols, she just hates vegies on their own. I feel so bad that i havent been more persistent with vegies, but i usually mix them into her dinner (that she doesnt eat hahaha)
    Ummm. i have a confession. Evie hasnt had her 12month immunisations. I know, i know. there's always been something, and the fevers she's had with all this teething! then there was the gastro, a cold oh, and me having m/s and not being able to move for 2 months didnt help. I feel bad, but i will get them done on wednesday.

Tara check out the Deceptively Delicious stuff in the Recipes forum. There are a few good ideas there. Matilda has always been a pain with food... well from 12 months onwards.

I went out last night, it was like playing dress ups so fun! I went with some friends to Phantom of the Opera. We got all dressed up... then I got a job offer for something completely different. Now I have to think about what I am going to do. Its a research assistant job at the conservatorium of music. I have a degree in music performance... and vet nursing... argh... its make my own hours job part time. I would earn a heap more than I do working with animals, wow alot to think about.

Vicky MCN's are easier than terry flats as you just put them in an empty pail and wash as a normal load. BUT I was thinking about it last night & 12 nappies would be what you needed at a minimum and if you get new MCN's that would be $30 a month..... so if you spend $30/month on disposables it might not be worthwhile.

Gigi you are right I meant microfleece, opps . Mummy mush brain lol.

Jols I hope it isn't the measles!!! Jovie has gotten a viral rash everytime she's had a virus. It usually happens near the end of the cold symptoms... and everytime its started on the trunk.

Christy - thanks - that is what I'm thinking too... so I think I will go the cloth wipes. and I think I may just get him so undies to wear at home. Yesterday when it was sooooo hot, his nappy felt like a sauna, so I stripped him off and let him run around in a pair of shorts (just to catch any accidents) He looked so big and grownup with no nappy bum. lol

Tara - I know lots of people who have chosen not to immunise, or looked for alternative immunisation for the 12mths regime. so don't feel bad.

I had family come and visit yesterday, a second cousin that I haven't met before, that comes from Canada, and a cousin from Brisbane. We had a lovely day. of course aston thought it was all about him!

I was up at 12, and went to back to bed at 4am. I hate it when I go to bed early, thinking I might be able to get a really good nights sleep, and then end up waking up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep! I think my body thinks it only needs 5 hours sleep!

Wow Christy! sounds like a dream job!! Is it also something you could possibly do remotely while you're away seeing your mum? I mean, if you needed the cash.
    Thanks, will check out the recipes! at the moment we are living on toast or toasted cheese and ham sandwiches, yogurt, sultanas and dried apricots, oh and weetbit...actually she'll eat corn lol thats about it!

We have returned!

Jols im sorry poor Sophie has the measles...(makes me wonder why we vacinate?)

TBH i didnt really read all the other posts, just skimmed

Chelsea is STILL sick. MIL rang Sat morning saying she was off to the dr's. Chels had been vomitting and diarreah (sp?), not eating and even worse not drinking. She was worried Chels was dehydrated. Anyhow seen a dr, she was on borderline dehydration and if she vomitted anymore more action would be needed. Turns out it is all apparently teething, but i cant help but think theres more too it.

We had a nice time away, relaxing and having some quite time....but its so hard to just switch off when ur baby is at home so sick....i called a few times a day!

Its good to be back home. MIL said we deserve a medal cos she has no idea how we manage and cope...so that makes me feel good....to know that i am doing a good job

Yay Kim!! you guys sure do deserve medals!
    Yeah...teething and being so sick?! i dont think so. i know i'm no doctor but i'd go with your gut, i'd say there's more to it too. in all my years (lol..so old) of dealing with kids i have never known a kid to be borderline dehydrated just from teething. anyways it's the fact she's not keeping it down, not that she isnt trying, right? i could understand if her teeth hurt she wouldnt want stuff in her mouth, but didnt you say you've been giving her bottles of formula? you'd think she'd be chewing on the teat/straw/spout if her teeth hurt. PLUS it's been going for days... i hope it is just teething but i really doubt it.

Ok back to the doctors we went. She has Roto virus on top of teething. If she still bad in 48 hours then she has to go back again. poor chicken is so not well and clingy. AND my IL's go home tomrw and Craig back to work so ill be alone. Chelsea not allowed to go to FDC tmrw either.

kim glad you guys got to relax a little while away but sorry that chelsea is still sick
    as for the measles unfortunatly until age 4 when they get the second MMR no child is immune to either of the 3 diseases!! she better though so thats good.

tara how about tuna/vegie mornay?? just make up cheese sauce and add tuna and steamed vegies along with macaroni, another one is steamed vegies witha chees slice over the top and microwaved for say 15 secs to melt the cheese, bubble and squek, pikelets!! ive made about 4 batches this week, plain with dried apricots, zuchinni and apple, zucchinni and avocado - wouldnt fo that one again, banana and sultanas! they frezze well too and a great alternative to sandwiches and less mess!!

vicky off to check out that saving website!!

wow christy what a great oppotunity for you!!!! thats so exciting for you!!!!

Jols, she actually did eat mornay the other day! well, the noodles she picked out herself.
    She's actually had really gross nappies these last couple of days and is having trouble settling, just so clingy, so i wonder if her teeth are playing at part.
    Kim - at least its sorted now, did Jasmine have the rota vaccine? Doctors,eh!

Yeah Jasmine had the vaccine at 2 months old...due for another lot now. Its part of the immunisation schedule which is good now.

Tara - u poor thing i couldnt imagine getting up everday at 5! Emelia slept better last night and woke at 8.15 this morning so that was nice!

Kim - hope Chels improves, poor thing. glad u got some time to yourselves though.

Gigi -thanks hun for the email really appreciate u taking the time to do that for me

we had a great day today went for breakfast and took Emelia to the beach with her cousins she loves it, she fell asleep on the way home and slept for 3 hours she was knackered!!

Hey Blanche you're 29 weeks how exciting!!!!!!!! I was at the shop in the mothers room today and a woman came in to breast feed with her friend who was heavily pregnant and she went away for a bit and came back going 'umm..i kinda had this watery stuff come out...' lol how exciting! well, ask me again in another 22 weeks, how are you feeling about it? excited? nervous? or just not thinking about it? lol
    Hows things today Kim?

$hit still...Chelsea is still got the runny @ss happening. IL's gone home. 2 screaming kids. 1 tearful mum. A hubby that wants to move back to NSW and a DW that says when and how fast do u want me to pack.

ohhh darlin :hugs:

breathe in breathe out.

xxx

Hope everyone is doing well.

We've been to a wedding. Went down on Friday, had Andrew's sisters wedding and then came back sunday. We're pooped. Lots of cute shots of Ella in her pretty dress

Ella is doing better at daycare. She had a vomit in the car before we got there and i though uh oh...she wont do well. But she's slowly getting more comfortable. She ate 3 serves of chicken and apricot today!

Will have to try that at home too.

Sooooo tired and feeling run down - i'm just waiting for a cold to hit.

Ann

Think positive Ann! u won't get sick!! Glad Ella's doing better at daycare, that must be such a relief for you. Just remember, if you dont make a big deal about it, she wont think there's anything to make a deal of.
    Christy - did you decide what to do about the job offer?
    We're going slightly stir crazy here today. so much rain around so we cant go outside...it's only 3 and we're climbing the walls!

Not to brag or anything but can i just say i am feeling pretty proud of myself. for the last few weeks evie (for the majority of the time);
    a) will sleep through the night
    b) have a little cuddle then go straight into her cot, i leave the room, and she goes straight to sleep.
    I am finally feeling like my hard work, tears and exasperation are paying off

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast