Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #39

Default Babies Born November 2006 #39

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in November 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2006-38-a.html

Gigi all the best for DH's recovery....hope while he is in hossy Bilby is a good girl for her mummy. How cute with her pushing the trolley!

We have a date for Jasmines baptism now, Sunday 22nd June at 9am......day after Craigs 27th birthday!

new thread already??!!
    Kim - double celebration. Both of them can get spoilt.

I was incredibly p!ssed with DH last night... and today he has walked lightly all day. Why is make up sex sooooo good??

Thats what i was thinking Vicky...double the fun and all the family will be down!

Yay for make up sex...not sure why its better....re-connecting maybe?? LOL

Have a friend over for tea..best go now....chinese is on its way!

so kim are you UTD????

vicky woohoo on the make up sex!!

yeah kim - are you up the duff????

Yeah :P

well second night of not feeding sophie isnt going so well she's not happy and unsettled not like her at all!

yeah kim :P

cmon Kim spill those beans!!!

Jols- hope Sophie settles for u soon

Kimmy - c'mon....
    Gigi - all the best for DH's recovery, what a relief it must be. my dad was diagnosed with sleep apnea too, they said within an 8 hour period he stopped breathing 120 times. he now wears a mask to sleep and it helps a lot, so i hope your dh gets A LOT of relief.
    Also what about giving bilby snacks to eat while in the trolley?
    i just keep rotating the things i give evie to hold and tell her how fantastic she is, so she likes helping with shopping lol
    Vicky - evie knows where the bin is too and will throw her nappies out. i gave her some carrot to try the other day and she put it in her mouth and walked off...next minute she was sneaking around the corner to throw it in the bin lol like she didnt want to hurt my feelings! speaking of being too clever for her own good...

Kim - do you have beans to spill? didnt you spill them last week? Oooh if you have beans then spill em!

Gigi - Bilby sound so cute pushing the trolley. She must feel so proud when she gets it moving.
    Ella has 16 teeth. I think the next 4 come out when they are 2years old.

Tara - LOL at Evie sneaking the carrot in the bin.

Took Ella to the aquarium today. She wasnt very impressed with most of it. She just wanted to crawl in between everyone;s legs. Not paying much attention to the big sharks, fish, turtles. Nope she was interested in my banana bread. She did stop complaining when we got to the penguins and the reef with all the colourful fish.

Ann

Chelsea stuffs her unwanted food under the lounge...hence our massive ant invasion yesterday!!

Girls ill tell you all soon what the outcome is....probably via PM or MSN cos i dont trust some things (aka people) on here right now!! But for now i can say no not pg

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

oh Kim, you made me laff. I used to stuff my unwanted vegetables, under the oil heater, and we eventually got RATS!!!! my parents didn't work out why, but i KNEW it was because of the vegies i put there - oh the guilt of my naughtiness!!!

have fun planning the christening, i bet you'll put together a beautiful day.

taralee - bilby was spitting it big time AFTER a cheesestick, AFTER a whole ricecake, being given crinkly wrapped up products to make a noise with,

i am such a "no cheese" person, but i am glad, bilby seems to love any kind of cheese. I won't go as far as giving her parmasean cheese, but i'm buying her lots of other sorts. Just wondering now, how much cheese is ok for a nearly 18 month old bub - any ideas? Like today, she had one cheesestick at lunch, one cheese slice at dinner - do you think that is ok?

corr blimey Ann, bilby is 8 teeth behind ella! we have lots of catching up to do!!! glad she eventully cottoned on to how cool an aquarium can be (as long as you're on the RIGHT side of the glass from the sharks!).

DH rang me today to go collect him late this afternoon, him being in ICU confused me, i thought that meant he would stay there a bit, until the cardiac thing didn't worry the medicos anymore, and then he would go to a hospital ward for a bit. but he was discharged direct, being told, if he got chest pains, to ring ambulance immediately (suspected heart attack).. They want him to see a cardiologist very soon to check out what happened to his heart while in surgery. DOing unusual things.

He has bandages on his nose, plugs up his nose sealed with stitches so they can't come out, and he has to treat it with a douche every few hours - saline solution i think. no pain though, for a nose reconstruction, they DIDN"T have to break his nose, or take cartilege out the ear, like had been planned, so that's why no black eyes.

he's a bit grumpy and the nose is running like a tap, but all things considered, it all seems pretty good for someone who got operated on early Friday morning - i am just so relieved. After years of sleeping next to dh with his CPAP machine on (very loud and blows cold air), for ten years, he will not need the machine, adn will no longer suddenly stop breathing for minutes at a time and scare the living crap out of me.

With the O2 mask off, the wires and tubes off him, bilby just about JUMPED into his arms today with excitement, she clung on like a koala and woudln't let go - it was very sweet. the nurses were clucking like mad ha ha.

Does your dh know what surgery he's going to have Vicky? Obviously certain parts are still working fine, from your post (!!!!). that's good!

Christy - is your household back to the land of wellness?

How are you travelling Blanchie? Is bubs kicking an SOS to you?

I think 2 cheese sticks a day is fine. I give ella lot of cheese coz she doent drink milk so we make up the dairy in cheese, yoghurt and custard.

Today ella had 5 cheese sticks! I just kept giving them to her since she was so excited about them.

Ella wont go to DH like Bilby does. She doesnt seem to really like him She refuses to go to him, says NO when he asks for a kiss and only lets me put her in the bath. She thinks he's funny but that's it.
    It doesnt help that he spends no time with her. He's doing course so he's constantly working.

Only 2 months to go!

Chelsea wont drink milk either....so she lives on yoghurt or custard. Cheese she hates...BUT will eat it if its smeared with Vegemite (yuck)!!

Glad i made you laugh Gigi

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

ok, you think i'm not overfeeding her cheese - but if she is drinking heaps of milk (breastfeeds day and night) - is two cheese portions per day still ok?

despite all this protein, madame's hair is still not growing in front. lovely long curls back and sides (miz mullet!!) but very little on top. Grow, hair, grow!!

DH's face is all red and irritated, the nose is all expanded, like someone who's allergic to bees, who's been stung by a bee. all red around nose and eyes, itchy as heck, and his eyes are closing up - he looks like a little piggy! He had told me he was going to work Monday morning, but with today's developments, i cannot see it happening. he's so miserable. Hospital nurse and chemist (he rang both) wouldn't tell him he could take antihistimines without consulting the surgeon - cos i thought - if he's having allergic type symptoms, why not take what you'd take for hayfever.

did a tiny bit of sewing today, felt good to be creating something - i'm making some night time covers (soaker and flongies) for a friend who's 4yo is in night nappies and currently is weeing thru EVERYTHING. Then i sewed THRU a pin i didn't know was there, using the overlocker -so overlocker is dead -and dh who normally would fix it - is too unwell for me to ask.

hope you get to do some solo painting tomorrow Vicky!

i need to ring up and book GP for bilby's 18 month vaccinations, and get a flu shot myself.

cheese mmmmm if we have cheese sticks she has one a day, or a slice or i gratw it ito her dinner, she drinks around 400ml from her sippy cup a day and NO nore breastfeeds!!! sat night was hell but she eventually settled, last night was much better so will see what tonight brings!!
    as for yogurt asn custard sophie seems to have gone off them she rarely has dessert these days!

BLANCHE one more dayb hun!!! you must be getting excited!!!

BBL feral child!

Good job on that BF'ing Jols!
    Evie eats so much cheese its not funny. She drinks a lot of milk too. I dont give her as much yogurt as i used to as sometimes it makes her throw up.
    We were driving home this morning and she was grizzly, so we gave her a piece of bread to eat (since she loves it) and she fell asleep with a big chunk of bread in her mouth and everytime we'd try to take it out she'd start chewing while she was still asleep LOL it was hlarious! in the end i held her nose so she'd have to open her mouth..a bit mean but better than the alternative!!
    public holiday here today..i had so much planned to do!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast