Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #8

aww, poor sophie!
    I really wouldnt be surprised if solids are upsetting her so much, it is a lot for her digestive system to work through after having nothing but liquid her whole life. maybe she's been having too much variety too soon or it could just be one specific thing that doesnt agree with her.
    Just do whatever you need to do now to settle her, even if it is boobfeeding around the clock. if you're feeling so frustrated, imagine how she's feeling. give it a couple of days and then see how she is and start again with solids.
    thats my 2 cents anyways

YEP tara, already decided today that no solids tomorrow to see if it makes a difference!!!!! hope so!!!

i just read your other reply ajp, even though they say there are no specific "symptoms" of teething, having worked in childcare for quite some time, there are typical things that do indicate toothipegs are imminent. rosy cheeks are one and diarroea and upset tummy are another, purely because of the amount of saliva that is swallowed and unfortunately it really is a waiting game.
    but if she gets a good sleep now she might start to feel better tomorrow, i'll cross my fingers anyways
    The other thing i was thinking was that it's no big deal if she doesnt start solids now, it's not going to hurt her if you wait another month or even couple of weeks...so why not try that?

No hospital but Monash (or RWH) will take me AJP

Chels has a temp, red rosy cheeks and runny poo... but i think cos she is sick, has a cold and stuffy nose, a cough and really chesty. My poor bubba

thanks TARA your a gem! she's also got bum rash, so will sit tight!!
    i not going to push solids because she thinks everything i put in her mouth taste bad. i.e food, bongella... i gave her EBM before and she shyed away from the teat thinking it was something horrible and i dont want that.

KIM why wont anyone take you love?

uh huh! bum rash!! another toothipeg symptom, baby poos become rather acidic on-account-of all that saliva - hence bum rash!
    poor honey

Chels also has this ..i dunno kinda sore on her bum cheek... when i changed her nappy before it looked as it id pulled the skin off.... now looks like a sore thats weeping??? I put some cream on it.. hope it fixes it!!

No hospital will take me cos of BMI... they all want u under 30 or 35 i ,otherwise ur a high risk....

luvmyboyz Guest

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if I could join your November group?? My name is Kris, I am 26 & my newest edition Chad was born on 10th November, 2006 @ 33 weeks. I also have a 2.5 year old son Tate, who is such a little charmer.

Look forward to sharing stories.....

Huge welcome Kris!!! Chad was in a hurry wasnt he

luvmyboyz Guest

Thanks for the welcome Kim, he certainly was in a hurry. Didnt want to miss Christmas!!

LOL.. i told my daughter she had to be out by xmaz too... she came 3 days early!!

Is Chad on solids? Sleeping well.... most of us here are having solid and sleeping probs atm!! Any teeth?

luvmyboyz Guest

Chad is dong great with solids, will eat anything. He is having 3 meals a day, farex - breaky, fruit & custard - lunch & vegies for tea.
    He sleeps from 8pm - 6am has a bf & goes back down at 6.30 until about 9. Has a 3 hour sleep from 11- 2pm & then thats it. The rest of the day is anyones guess . If I am extreemly lucky he may have an hour or two in the arvo, otherwise nothing until 8pm...... can make for a long afternoon .
    His teeth are definately bugging him. I can see the two bottom ones just below the gum & his top gums are bright red. He will be playing on the mat happily & then suddenly crack! Must be pretty painfull though.

Welcome Kris!! Great to have another boy in the mix Sounds like Chad is going great guns.

AJP - Jovie was up 4 times last night with a funny tummy, she was grunting & farting & just generally uncomfortable, so we are leaving solids for 4 days and starting over then. I'm not in a rush... I know there's the hype about iron, but BM changes with the baby so hopefully she's getting enough.

I'm really tired today after all the wake ups though... at one point DH got her a bottle but I had to get up to express then because suddenly my bb's went nuts.... ah well.

finally got her down at 9pm, thats the lastest she gone down for in months!!!! anyway slept until 7.15am which was great.

Welcome Kris!!!

Welcome Kris!

Ella's now seems to have settled back into her old sleep pattern. Waking once for a feed and the got up at 7.15 too.

Big hugs to those with bubs sleeping badly.:hugs:
    With the bum rash, Ella had this for a few days just after starting solids (which is understandable). Her worst nights coincided with starting new foods but that could have been a coincidence as she also was teething on those days too. Poor bubs...

Trying to introduce the bottle to Ella so DH can feed her too when i'm exhausted. She hasn't had formula since she was a NB and hates the smell of it. She's had EBM a few times (when she was biting) but now protests at the sight of the bottle. I've given her the teat to play with and hopefully she will get use to having it in her mouth...

Ann

Welcome Kris..sounds like Chad is going great

Emelia has a little sore bottom too, red cheeks, runny poos (went all over daddy yesterday hehehe!!!) just waiting for those toothipegs!!

Yesterday i went to the shops and just as i was about to park some man reversed into me, for some reason i looked to the side and there he was coming for me!! so i beeped but it was to late..didnt hit hard & no dent but theres a big scrape mark i was more pi$$ed that it woke Emelia up lol

Have a great day ladies

Time for a new thread everyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678