Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #8

Hey Meredith, i know what you mean about the flicking dummy. i just dont know how safe it is to tie the dummy in the cot?

Chelsea flicks the dummy.... but then wont take it after she has removed it thru the night!! BUt she know show to put it back in if she wants it.

I dont think its to safe to attach the dummy to anything while they are in bed....only cos if any babies are like Chels, they would wrap it around them selves...or try to do something! Chels sees me sleep with sheets over my ears/head so now she tries too... no matter how tight i tuck the sheets in.

buger bugger bugger, sophie is very unsettled tonight most unlike her!! we went swimming today so not sure if water in ear is a possible cause!! shes woken 3 times since bed at 6.30

I agree with you kim, i think it is a choking/strangulation issue.

I hope your night gets better AJP, maybe you can try putting her sideways across your lap to try and get some of the water to drain out, thats all i can think of.

Evie loves having a play when she wakes up from a nap, and today we came home and she'd fallen asleep in the car so i just put her on our bed (shes less likely to wake up if i put her on the bed rather than in the cot) and put some pillows around her. i went in 10 mins later to find her awake, and flipped onto her tummy and wiggled to the edge of the bed -pushing pillows out the way and her arm was off the edge. if i hadn't have walked in when i did she would've fallen on the floor. i start having a panic attack just thinking about it! sooooo terrible of me!!!

thanks tara, she's back in bed now, havent heard a peep, but that could change!! he eyes were hanging out of her head!!!

WOW on the rolling almost off the bed!! it's hard to believe that we can no lkonger take our eyes of them!!!

I remember when Matilda was this age & almost all the babies in the baby buddies group rolled off something... I felt less terrible being the 3rd one. But there comes a point when you can no longer leave them on things like lounges & beds without staying on with them. Jovie had a nap on the bed yesterday & I got worried about it... so much I put a cot mattress down on one side of the bed & on the other is her cot.

How is everyone else's baby at sleep time? like i put evie down and she cries so i go back in put in her dummy, she smiles, i leave, she cries. repeat this step another 3 or 4 times to the point where 1/2 an hour has passed and i end up patting her off to sleep. i just dont know if this is a bad habit to be in or if its just a phase at the moment.

were having a phase today!! not sure if it's food for teeth!!!very unsettled, overtired!!
    i rarely wrap but when i do she just beams up at me

Ella went through a brief rocking phase for about a week. I think it was more teeth or perhaps when we started solids...but then got back into her old routine. I think its a phase as they are more aware of their surroundings they seeing how they can control things by crying.

When Ella drops the dummy and doesnt look tired i take her out of the cot for another 15-20mins or until she shows more tired signs and we wrap and pop the dummy in again.

She's now asleep with one arm out! (i know small steps but its a victory) I hope she gets a full hour at least. She's biting again (sigh) so i have to watch her closely.

AJP - Could be solids...It freaks out their digestion a bit. But i hope it settles down for you soon.

Ann

Meredith - Yep Ella's getting better at putting it back in. She put herself to sleep in the car when the dummy fell out. She found it and popped it back in...

We're trying one arm wraps and then move to two arms...etc. Fingers crossed.

Oh i almost forgot. We went to our early childhood centre today and Ella is 7kg!!! WooHoo and 65cm long and head circ of 45cm. She's right on 50th percentile but her head is on the 97th (like her dad).

Ann
    Last edited by luua; May 9th, 2007 at 03:56 PM.

Chels is sick so has spent most of the day in bed...even slept 8pm-6am over night with no wake ups.

poor Chelsea. Its so sad when they are sick.

at all the unsettled babies!!! Jovie's not doing well at her daytime sleeps but other than that is going great. She slept last night until 5am and then up for the day. She loves pumpkin, but hates rice cereal . At least I figured that out LOL... She's been sleeping around 6pm-5am. We tried to keep her up later at night and sleep in but it didn't work LOL we put her to bed at 7pm and she was up at 5am, we tried putting her to bed at 7.30pm and she was up at 5am.... so looks like she's up at 5am no matter.

poor chelsea

christy, sophie isnt keen on anything, rice ceral, pears, pumpkin!! we'll get there!! one day

i was thinking of trying the one arm wrap too. i think it's just a day-to-day thing. i've found it so much easier to give evie a bit of a feed after her bath - shes usually thirsty from kicking so much and it settles her nicely to go to bed, even though she usually falls asleep while feeding. it's less stress on me so i'm sticking with that!
    tried more rice cereal yesterday and she hated it, so i think we'll just keep trying a bit of it every now and again until at least 6 months when we'll try other stuff.
    i dont need any more excitement at the moment!

Poor Chels hope she gets well soon..

Emelia is good at sleep time once shes showing tired signs i pop her to bed and she will either go to sleep straight away or play a little then fall asleep on her own shes done this since 4 weeks old.

i dont blame our bubs for not liking the rice cereal its pretty fowl!!!

somebody PLEASE tell me that sophies unsettled due to solids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not that she's having much BUT WTF!!!!!if this is what it like she can have boob til she's 5!!!!

Aw Sophie settle for Mummy!!!!

Maybe she is having an off time as well....poor thing!

KIM i do think she's teething! but who knows, she doesnt like bongella!! screamed both times i used it, poor thing, she asleep now i hope i'm too scared to check! has rosy cheeks but no temp.

*ETA* kim have you thought about going to the angliss hosoital? it's not that far from you, i thought they were fantastic!
    Last edited by Olive; May 9th, 2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast