Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #8

also peed on stick today...no dice. not pg. felt kinda relieved and kinda sad...what a mixed bag!

Me again - i get those emails from huggies and thought i'd post it here in case you're interested

We hope you are enjoying Mums & Bubs - the new parenting show produced by Huggies.

This week, Rachel and the mums on the couch explore topics many parents with young babies struggle with - sleep and sleep deprivation, feeding fussy eaters and nutrition. And of course everyone's favourite subject - relationships. At the end of each show you can talk to one of the guests from the show live on the Huggies website.

And don't forget, you can see Mums & Bubs on Channel 7, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, at 9.30am.

Note they are talking about sleep (on tuesday morning)

Tara - IKWYM Are you guys TTC? (Gezz these acronyms are crazy!) I'll be tuning in tomorrow to watch the show. Thanks for the reminder Tara.
    And i agree with you - the idea of control crying just feels extreme (but then to be honest i considered it last week when i was at my wits end) so i guess it comes down to each individual situation. If i had to do it i would enlist as much support as possible - i would find it really really really hard.

Well last night she only woke twice again! Ella's now eating and drinking heartily. Like Evie she now gets out of the wrap and plays with her dummy and chats to herself and then goes off to sleep. I'll wait a few weeks before i invest in a grobag (they're a bit pricey) and she's use to have her arms out.

Dont you wish you had a hidden infrared camera to watch your baby to see what they're up to? I'm sure Ella has her arms out most of the night! and her i am thinking its a new thing.

Ann

Hello Tara IKWYM, even when we weren't TTC and I thought I was preggo I POAS and it was negative & I felt down... funny feeling. I guess the minute the thought comes into your head that you might be pregnant you start building dreams.

Jovie's been going great guns, 2 sleeps a day for 45min-90minutes and breastfeeding again with a bottle here or there. She's recovered well from her viral thing. Wish her sister was going well but thats another thread

We thought we'd try starting solids on the weekend because she's only a few days off 6 months and I thought it would be better on the weekend in case she reacted & got cranky then I'd have DH around. BUT she's refused them LOL we've tried twice & both times the little bit has come flying back out of her mouth LMAO.... I got covered in rice cereal yesterday. Ah well.... going to get the pumpkin out & see if that makes a difference.

christy sophie did the same thing!!! had 2 spoons them by the third reslied she didnt like it and that was it!! yesterday wouldnt even open her mouth when she saw the spoon lol.... will try some pears later or pumpkin. im not going to push it though.

we're not TTC and i do want to wait at least til next march, in a way i kinda feel like i'd be 'cheating' evie...if that makes sense.
    Evie seems to be waking around 11:30 and then again 3:30, although last night she went to sleep at 6:30 and didnt wake til 2:30. i dont know what to expect now! sometimes i wonder if she would sleep better in her own room because i wouldnt be putting her dummy back in or putting a blanket on her everytime she made a little noise!
    self-settling off again now, she's really worked out that as soon as i leave the room she can cry and i'll come back! nevermind!
    Stumbled across my mothers day pressie when i was cleaning today! and since we had house guests the last few weeks i assumed it was their stuff and said to dh 'wierd...look at the brand new stuff left in the cupboard' ohh he was sooooo disappointed!!! i feel terrible! yet so pleased he remembered my first mother's day!
    better go, dh home today so it's a big cleanup and 'get stuff done' day!
    have a good day all!

Ah Mother's Day... I got spoiled. DH is taking the next Tuesday off work & I am going for a massage and a hair do... I mean a style cut and colour YAY!!!

Lucky mum christy Enjoy it - love a good pampering.

Tara - DH tries so hard to hide my presents too but i'm awful with suprises and i just cant wait so i try and hunt for it. But i know this year he's been so busy not sure if i'll get anything. Breakfast in bed would do me fine this year!

Well after 2 nights of waking up twice. Ella woke up a lot more last night. I woke up every hour and sometimes a few times within the hour. This mornings nap was a crying fest. I tried to not wrap her arms and she kept pulling her dummy out and eventually frustrated herself. Turns out she was hungry too so gave her a quick feed and she went off to sleep.

I'm so tired this morning. I was making toast and standing in the middle of the kitchen not knowing what to do. Open the fridge, close the fridge then go to the cupboard and look for the butter...haha boy i need a nap.

Ella ate so much on the weekend i was a bit worried she wouldnt stop. But eventually she did and has been starting to take water from her sippy cup. Only a little but she gets the hang of it at least.

Now for sleep...

Ann

Chels has a habit of waking at 4am now.. started saturday..... starts talking and making all her music things go, playing... grr... a bottle and she is out like a light again!!

Now im going to sound soooooooooooo stupid (which is ok u can tell me i am) but:

1. When do i try this rice cereal (morning arvo night?)
    2. before or after bottle?

Asked Dh and he said 'Ask ya BB mates they know everything".

BTW-AJP Sophie looks adrorable in your ticker! Im trying to change my pic too but BNB are having issues and wont let me upload a pic...grrrrrr

i give sophie a feed then around 1/2 hour later try and give her rice cereal, i do this second feed of the day, that way if it doesnt agree with her it's out of her system during the day not a night
    thanks everyone about our picture, she's sooo cute!!

I'm the same as AJP - about 20-30mins after breastfeeding. Although Ella has 3 meals a day and in between has just BM.

Sophie looks so big in her highchair and proud of herself too

Ann

thanks Ann, she loves banging her hands onthe tray!! not so sure about the food though

Christy - lucky u ! enjoy the massage and hairdressers. Emelia never liked the rice cereal tried it again not long ago but nope loves her pumpkin!!

Ajp - Sophie is so gorjus i love her little pony tail!!! adorable

Kim - i tried Emelia first on it around lunch time just incase she had a reaction but she has her solids at night now and im just starting to give her some at lunch time. i was told to offer boob/bottle first before solids as bubs uptil 10 months need all there milk for their brain development.

Ann - hope u got time to catch up on sleep, i know wat ur going through Emelia is doing the same atm :s

Cooper doesnt like rice cereal either, but he jumps up and down and trys to dip his fingers in the jar when he sees the vegies lol

one bonus of him eating the stuff, is Mason gets jealous and eats it too so he is getting vegies as well lol, i make out he is stealing it and its Coopers turn so he cant help but eat more so Cooper cant have it lol

As for feeding i started after a bottle but now i dont even remember when he had a bottle anymore, i am hopeless, i just feed him when i think of it(solids not bottles lol), usually twice a day now but no breakfast yet, mainly just lunch and dinner, will start giving him breaky soon, just putting off that job for awhile lol, not a morning person

Tara: Sorry you were dissapointed by result, hope it all works out for you when you TTC next year

Christy: yah to the pampering

All is ok here, Cooper is great, best baby ever lol, well in comparision to the other two when they were babies and they were pretty good babies too, he is clingy but i dont mind so much, he evens it out enough so you dont get sick of carrying him, he will happily lay on the floor or go in the swing for awhile, he is so funny though, he hears me walk in the room so bends his head backwards to look at me
    He also thinks he can walk lol, someone will walk off and he pulls himself up on you to walk after them, its funny

otherwise everything is fine and i am tired as usual

Hello all,
    Wow, aren't all these babies growing up so fast - solids, sitting up, trying to crawl. Soon we'll be discussing their first day at school!!

Ann - Logan slowed right down on the weight gain recently and I had people (at NorthPark mother/baby unit whilst I was there) telling me that's why he was unsettled, my milk supply was poor etc etc. Paed looked him over and said not to worry and a lactation consultant watched me feed and didn't think any worries with supply. I think some bubs just don't follow the "textbook" growth chart. Logan has actually dropped breast feeds and gained more weight - go figure! I think he actually feeds better during the day now bcause he is hungry rather han being so distracted by everything
    I have turfed the wrap in the last 3 weeks too - was more of a pain with him getting out all the time. I did "cold turkey" straight into growbag and he has been fine - well sleeping no worse anyway

AJP - what a cutie ou have there. Looking ver proud of herself!

Tara - sorry no BFP but at least you can concentrate fll on Evie for awhile

Vicky - How's it going with FIL?. Hope you are ok

Christy - Hope our girls are behaving themselves and letting mum have some rest. What a great Mother's day present - make sure you enjoy the pampering!!

We are fine. Just getting to a pint of acceptance re the lack of sleep. Hoping once Logan starts to move a bit more he may sleep better at night - its a nice theory anyway!

Ella doesnt' like rice cereal either. Even when i pack it full of pumpkin or carrots but she loves her veges mixed with rice porridge. I'm giving her broccoli for the iron as she's fussy about the rice cereal.

Meridith - i think i'll try going cold turkey with Ella too. Was Logan unsettled when he was in the grobag for a little while? or did he not notice the difference? I tried only wrapping ella's legs yesterday and she just couldnt go to sleep because her naughty hands would pull her dummy out. Maybe the grobag is different...

AJP - Ella's high chair is arriving on Sunday. Its been through our family with 3 babies having grown up using it.

Well she slept a lot better last night. ABA suggested that she could be cold (as she's busting out of the wrap) so i put an extra blanket on and she was nice and toasty and slept better. She's now moved back to having 2 feeds a night too. Will check her weight later this week to see which direction her weight is heading.

Ann

I do the same as ann and ajp, feed evie then have some cereal. Dont worry if she doesnt like it Kim, it's all about discovering something new and tasting something completely different.
    The last few nights I've had to get up to evie at least 6 times. twice for feeds and then the rest of the time she just wakes up crying and wants her dummy, when i give it to her she goes back to sleep for about an hour and then does the same thing again. it's really frustrating cos she's always been a good sleeper at night and really seems to be bothered by something everytime she wakes up. any ideas anyone?
    My birthday on thursday! looking forward to a bit of pampering. dh had the day off but then got offered 2 overtime shifts (8 hrs at double time) so he cant knock them back - as since i'm not working i cant complain!). it just means my birthdays getting dragged out for a few days longer!
    I actually went to a dcc about some relief work today and actually walked away feeling really positive about working again, so thats another plus for me
    have a good day (whats left of it) everyone
    Also, evie's a bit jealous that sophie's got a cute little ponytail! she doesnt have much hair to speak of just yet!

Ann -I found no real dfference setling Logan without the wrap although it was a bit of a "cue" for him to get to sleep. He was then out of it so quick (no matter how tightly I wrapped), it really was just a big pain in the backside! The night we changed to sleeping bag he almost slept right through! Hasn't continued but is certainly no worse than when he was wrapped
    Unfortunately, the dummy issue is still a problem here too. The grobags are just a sleeveless sleeping bag so no stopping hands. Logan can now flick his dummy right out of the cot so I am often crawling round the floor at 3am trying to find the darn thing!! I am going to try attaching the dummy to the bag with a short chain and attempt to teach Logan to replace it himself. I have already started putting it in his hand and guiding that towards his mouth. Other mums have told me it doesn't take long for them to figure it out. Ella is a bit older so you may find this easier than you think. GOOD LUCK!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast