Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #2

Default Babies Born November 2007 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie -
    [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

opps....wrong thread...sorry ladies.
    Last edited by tiggerandpooh; January 15th, 2008 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Kathryn!!

Hey I'm first to post in the new thread!!! eta - ohhhh, drat, no I'm not...

Euan has been monster-ish the last two days - whingey, grumpy, clingy, constantly hungry, gassy and WIDE AWAKE!!!!

1:00am bedtimes, then today woke at 5:30, fed till 7:00, then only went back to sleep till 9:00. Then went down at 3:00 after three failed attempts and just woke now 5:15; he'd better go to sleep early tonight or he really will go in the microwave... Although, the little bugger has grown so much in the last couple of weeks I doubt he'd fit - lucky it's an idle threat! Although our baby bonus has come through so we can always get a bigger microwave...

Whatever happened to my wonderful night sleeper? I could cope with the no sleep during the day because he'd go down for a good 7-8 hours at night, but now it's 'play with me/ cuddle me / feed me / burp me / carry me' insomnia baby 24 flipping 7.

Grrrr, whinge over, I guess he just knows that DP has had super long days the past two days so we are both knackered. On the flipside he's been incredibly adorable in those few hours when he's not being a PITA - smiling, holding his head up and constantly looking around, and soooo cuddly and talkative. I actually got to put him down yesterday for 20 whole minutes awake yesterday while I made myself some lunch - not so lucky today - ran out of bread... silly me.

Oh,and he had the most impressively massive poo today - filled the nappy from front to back and went right to the very edges of the elastic. Thank goodness he's in MCN or it could have been scary...

Enough about me, how have you all been? Hoody, how's the wheezing one? Gee that would be scary. Has Molly poo'd yet? Sending pooey vibes your way (euuuew). Is everyone else still getting better nights sleep? I hope so - it seems like I have the designated monster these last couple of days so hopefully the rest of you are getting a break and having some nice times.
    Last edited by suse; January 15th, 2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Too slow!

Hi all i am still around but have had gastro and still recovering. My milk supply is next to none but i am taking fenugreek a herbal tablet to increase and with lots of feeding and back to eating and drinking it should hopefully pick up again. Molly has been very good. DD1 still has a bad chest but on the mend.

Sorry its short i'm still not well

You've been in the wars, haven't you Hoody? It sounds like this gastro has really knocked you around, you poor thing. Good call on the fenugreek BTW - it's supposed to do wonders.

Well, this little monster wouldn't go to sleep until 2:00am last night. Talk about insomnia baby - he just doesn't sleep. Was super distressed from about 6 - 10, wind pain I think. Although I managed to get him to sleep by carrying him rather than feeding him, so there's a plus. Took me nearly two hours, but we got there. Then he was up again at 7 - where did my nice 8 hour sleeps go...?

Just got back from MCHN - Euan put on 360 whopping bloody fantastic grams in two weeks!!! YAYYY! My little man is 4.92kg!!! Now that was worth no sleep this morning! I think that he's hit his 6 week growth spurt in a big way.

Could be that he's full of poo though - he had one massively huge poo yesterday but none since then. Has anyone else noticed that their previously constantly pooing babies poo less at certain times?

Hope you're all doing well guys?

Hi everyone

Well we had our first mums group today- yey!!

Good to finally get to meet some mums from our area.

DS was the youngest baby there ( 7 1/2 weeks old ) all the other babies were 12 or so weeks old. Oh well, at least they can pass on all the tips from their babies being ahead of us. Hopefully by the 6 month stage there won't be that much of a
    difference.

DS still not really sleeping during the day- only catnaps, but sleeping pretty well at night, going down about 10.30, then waking around 3am, and 5-6am. I know I shouldn't complain, but I would just like a little ore sleep IYKWIM!

Suse- Yes, DS used to poo a few times a day, now it is every 2-3 days. We had a HUUUGE one this morning ( could have filled 2 nappies!!) after only a small one yesterday, and nothing for the previous 3 days!! Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

Hoody- hope you are feeling better

Hey girls, just a quick one from me - we've had a shocking week with Logan in hospital for the weekend (he is OK and home now) and me starting to have panic attacks and referred to a psychologist - I kid you not.

BUT amidst all the doom and gloom - he LAUGHED!! My beautiful little miracle boy looked at me and CHUCKLED!!!

It makes it all worthwhile.

Be back later when things are better and I have more positives to post.

Oh Willow - I'm so glad to hear that you got a chuckle!!! You've done so well getting through such a rough week, so that must have been some well needed icing on the cake. YAY!

BTW - still no poo...

Hi Willow. Just sending you a BIG hug

Suse- sending Euan some poo vibes ( tee hee hee- that sounds funny doesn't it!!)

Hey EJE, dunno what you put in those poo vibes because they worked. OMG it was scary - it filled the nappy side to side and end to end - it was literally dripping off him when I took his nappy off! I am praising the wonders of MCN because not a bit leaked, and he was feeding at the time so I was expecting the worst!

He has slept for most of last night and today - being insomnia baby for the last two days must have tuckered him out. He's a bit stroppy tonight though...

Hope you are all having quiet peaceful nights...?

Where is everyone?? I havent been on comp for a bit and was expecting lots of posts but its back to been very quiet.

Well I am feeling much better still struggling to eat as i feel sick after every meal but hey i'm on the mend. I feel just like i did when pg with MS. But no i'm not i started AF again which rid me of that thought, i thought i'd be lucky and whilst BFing it would stay at bay but i was wrong. Molly has been very fussy at the breast which i thought was because my supply is still quite low from been sick and not eating and drinking enough but i read it could also be hormonal due to AF and it can be quite normal. We had a really good night last night - the best yet. She was awake from 4pm-11pm and a little unsettled so i thought we'd be up all night but she slept from 11.30-7.30. I'm sure she was just worn out though from the long stint of awake time she'd had so i prob wont be so lucky tonight. I'm hearing all you ladies with the no poo for days and then monster ones. Molly has started going every 3-4 days and then its like it explodes. I dont know if its normal or not though but since she has been doing this her wind is horrid and boy does she smell.

Well i wont do personals today but maybe next time if some of you get chance to post. Hope you are all enjoying your weekends and your bubs are all happy and sleeping lots

Glad you're starting to feel better Hoody - but hope that the nausea goes away too. Sorry to hear about AF coming back so early. And YAY on the monster sleep - isn't it a wonderful feeling. Euan was very co-operative last night and let me sleep in until 7:45 (went down at midnight). In hindsight I should have joined him but stayed up for an hour after he went down - I needed to wind down after him being velcro baby ALL DAY. Yesterday was another day where he didn't sleep at all during the day. Dunno how he does it, but he's making up for it today!

We still haven't had another poo since the monster one two days ago. Oh dear... I think it will be a monster again. And we have also had the horrendously smelly farts - he did one in the bath today, and boy did it nearly clear the room. Euuugh. So I suspect there'll be a poo of explosive proportions this afternoon.

I do have to admit to doing something very traitorous - I've also joined the December babies thread. I mostly lurk, I don't post very often, but joined because Euan is one of the youngest here and was only two days off being December and there's a couple of ladies in the December thread who had their bubs around the same time as him so I thought perhaps I could be in both... Anyway, I had to confess because I've been feeling very guilty about it. Will you all ever forgive me?

I hope that you are all doing well and that everyone has happy, sleepy bubbas!

Suse- glad the poo vibes worked. LOL at the nappy episode!!

My MCHN said it was normal for BF babies to poo every couple of days, as they only eat what they need, and use most of it, so don't really need to poo all that often IYKWIM.

Yes you are forgiven for joining in another group. DS is the last week of November too, so also close to any December babies progress.

Hoody- glad to hear you are on the mend.

No real news from us. DS still not sleeping much during the day, but sleeping pretty well at night. Waiting now for our next poo explosion- been 3 days.

LOL EJE - it really is a waiting game, isn't it...!

Wow - moving along! Sorry I dont' have too much time to post personals, there is so much to catch up on...

Willow - hang in there mate *hugs*. The mind gets too full from trying to cope with everything, it is normal to get over-loaded. I wont patronise you by saying I know how it feels, but gee, I sympathise! LOL about your little man laughing. What a great gift in a dark hour.

Hoody - sorry to hear about your gastro, milk supply and AF arriving (thank goodness she has stayed away so far). Yes, I have read too that the arrival of AF can put bub off her milk, although apparently it is only the first AF, all the others should be normal from now on.

Suse - Caden will poo every couple of days now, although having said that, he has pood about 3 times each day for the last couple of days.

EJE - day sleeps are hard cos apparently at 6 weeks babies get day sleep cycles, meaning they dont' just sleep through. It is around this time that you have to teach them to self settle. Maybe get some advice on your health nurse or GP on how to do this. There are some good books also. Apparently at 6 months they get night sleep cycles, so it is one to watch out for then!

As for us - well Caden has been sleeping through the night! I feel like a normal human being with 8 hours sleep.

Having said that, he has been so irritable the last few days, he has poo'd constantly, full of wind and spewing a bit more than usual, AND crying a fair bit. He hasn't been sleeping so well, I put him in his cot as usual for his daytime sleeps, but he will only sleep for one sleep cycle or two (about 40 min - 1.5 hours). I am not sure, but I think he is either 1) teething, or 2) has a bug, or 3) both. He is drooling alot more, has just gotten a smidge of nappy rash, and has been chewing on anything in site (including my nipple - ouch!). I can see two little white spots where his bottom teeth would be, but this comes and goes. I got my first teeth at four months so it wouldn't surprise me if he got them early, but gee! Does one little man have to go through so much pain so early in his life. We have only just got his sleeping sorted out, aaaaaagh. The frustrations of parenting are enough to send anyone round the twist (Willow - you are NOT alone).

No more complaining. I have booked Caden into swimming lessons starting the 10th of Feb (baby swim nappy is sooo cute) and Gymbaroo on the 4th of Feb. I have also looked at childcare options for when I go back to work, so that has been quite good.

Will be MIA this week as I am off down south again to spend some time with both sisters, so will post on Friday arvo.

Have a great week everyone!

Ohh i am so jealus Dragonbub sleeping through the night. Molly got up twice last night. One night she will go 7 hrs the next its back to 4 i can never work it out.
    Well we are doing ok this weekend Miss Molly is definately very clingy but at least she isnt screaming 24/7 I just cant put her down. She is so over tired but wont give in she is a fighter and a half. I am going to go to a new play group this week that is run by a LC and one week they have a specific discussion topic and the next week its just a general meet up. This week their topic is increasing milk supply so it will be interesting. I think i need to get out more so i will still be going to DD1's playgroup too. Well both my little monkeys are screaming when they should both be sleeping so i best be off.

Hello All, No posts to read again i hope you are all doing ok and your babies are all sleeping lots, hehe. Miss Molly is still very unsettled during the afternoons and evenings til about 10-11 but will then sleep through til about 6 so i cant complain. Last night she again was awake and unhappy til 11 but then slept through til 6.25 had a feed then back down til 10. DD1 slept in til 8.30 so i got my 1st proper sleep in since Molly arrived. I didnt even hear DH leave for work. One of my friends has DD1 for the day today so i actually managed to go food shopping and had a walk around the shops, Molly did really well and only got grizzly for the last 10 mins as i loaded it all into the car. Tomo i have a Drs appt to try and sort DD1's asthma out and to come up with some sort of plan for future attacks then playgroup in the arvo so it will be a busy day. I generally only try to have one outing a day with both of the girls on my own. Well i would love to hear how you are all coping.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast