Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #2

Wow you guys have all been having a rough go! Makes my issues seem like nothing.

June - LOL at the fangs. My little guy is teething too (can feel them and he's fussy with pink cheeks) but none of them have managed to break through yet. I really feel for you with the sleep issues. Some nights Cameron is really easy to put to sleep and others (like last night) no matter what I do he's looking up at me as wide awake as can be! He's traded his long day naps in for short catnaps too so you'd think he'd be exhausted by bedtime, but nope.

Dragon - sorry to hear you are under the weather, hope you feel better soon. Cameron isn't a fan of tummy time either. If he's in a really good mood I'll put him on the floor with a mirror and lie down beside him so he can see me, and he'll last 5 minutes, sometimes a little longer if I can really keep him entertained, but he gets frustrated pretty quick. Sometimes the frustration makes him roll over though so I don't pick him up right away when he starts to fuss.

Hoody - LOL at the poosplosions. We get a lot of poosplosions but luckily we've only had one that was all the way up to the neck like that. Luckily it was at home so I was able to wipe him off and pop him in the tub. He did have really good one at the play group I took him too last week. That was rather embarrassing as he kicked his diaper as I was pulling it off and go poo all over his foot and before I could wipe it off he managed to get some on the floor and me. I feel bad that you are having such a rough go with BF too. I hope your supply settles itself soon and BF improves.

Willow - I've never heard of sleep school, what is it??

Suse - aw the room sounds really cute.

As for us, whew I'm exhausted! Hubby, Cameron and I can't seem to stop getting sick. We are all on our third colds this month. It seems to be going around as our friends seem to be getting the same colds. Ugh I just want to be healthy again.

My other reason for being tired is having Cameron sleep in the bassinet next to us. I LOVE having him so close to us, it's reassuring to hear him breathing and be able to look over and see his sweet little sleeping face. I'm not sure why but for some reason it makes me sad to put him to sleep in his own room all by himself. Having him right there makes it easier to feed him in the night too (he rarely needs diaper changes overnight so I don't have to get out of bed when he wakes up).

The thing is, it results in very broken sleep for me. He makes little noises in his sleep which penetrate my dreams. I'll start dreaming (very realistic dreams) that I've pulled him into the bed and am feeding him, only when he's done I wake up for real and am confused when I don't find him in the bed. I get a bit panicked that he has fallen out until I roll over and see him sleeping in his bed. This wakes me usually 6 times a night, and that's on top of the real feedings, the times I wake up to put his pacifier back in his mouth. We've managed to get his bedtime down to 10:00pm and he won't ask to be fed again until 4:00am, so that's a nice 6 hour stretch, but I'm lucky if I get an hour and a half at a time!

I finally got my maternity pay cheques (with back pay) so I've been spoiling Cameron a little. I bought him a bunch of toys, books and clothes. They had some really cool toys on clearance for super cheap at Walmart and even though he won't be able to play with them until he's 2 I just could not resisit buying them! I'm a shopoholic!

I changed my ticker picture to a more recent picture of Cameron. He has this crazy hair that makes everyone laugh as it lies flat on the right side of his head but stands straight up on the left side of his head no matter what we do.

Talking

Hi girls!! So sorry I havent been in for while - but I m back now (no applause please! lol)

Umm...Ive misse dso much so havent read all the back posts yet (but will do) so dont mind if I dont do "personals" in great depth but -

DB - WRT *tummy time* - Charlotte hated tummy time, even with towels adn all that stuff too, but she loves lying on me - and then I found out that that is also considered tummy time! lol So maybe you could try putting Caden on you for a while, slouching down on the couch and have him look up at your face? Did wonders for Charlotte...

Hoody - really sorry you are having troubles - big hugs for you - hang in there though youre doing an awesome job! Charlotte has been really weird lately - crying everytime we get into "feeding posture" and only really feeding happily when I am lying on the bed with her next to me...they think she may have reflux too Have to go and see LC and see what the go is.
    (And dont stress - i cant get anymore than 100ml (both sides together!! lol) in one go either (and I dont have a supply issue! lol)

June - glad to hear things a re looking up! Hope it keeps going that way!

Suse - Happy Birthday to the little man!!

So Charlotte rolled over today!! yay!! lol So proud of her! Poor little thing rolled onto her arm and got all freaked out though, i laughed, but she was so upset she had no idea what had happened to her! so i pulled out her arm from under her and then she lay there doing push ups for a minute of so then started crying! It was so cute! Still having feeding issues though, relfux and weird crying and Velcro syndrome going on Doing my head in, but we keep trucking along!! lol

Anyhow, will read the back posts and find out whats been going on...Am so addicted to nappy hunt now though and its on ly the first day!! lol

Hey Twinsis and LS - welcome back! Long time no hear. LS bummer about the reflux. Has this been an ongoing issue? I mean, I thought it was pretty rare for it to develop later on, they normally are growing out of it by now? Have you tried feeding her sitting up? Like having her in your lap and she is sort of sitting down whilst feeding. This helps Caden not suck in as much air and helps him not regurgitate his food again.

Twinsister - LOL about the shopaholic thing. Ebay is my best friend! I too felt bad when putting Caden in his cot for the first time (round 12 weeks) but really, it was the best thing for us. Caden likes to be left alone, and with me rushing to settle him every time he made a noise (he is a VERY noisy sleeper) made it even harder for him to learn how to settle himself. Now that he has his own space, he is fine. Mind you, I can still hear every noise as we have an open plan house, which is good for my own reassurance. Eventually you will get used to "awake" noises and "sleep" noises so you wont wake up for the ones that don't matter - unless of course you are a light sleeper. In which case, maybe try putting him in his cot for just one night and see how you go? Nothing is permanent - if you don't like it, change it back.

June78 - way to go hun! It takes such a strong person to reach out and ask for help. You are right, only a bad mum would not bother or care, or feel so much for their tiny bub. A bad mum would be neglectful. The fact that we take the time to share our feelings with other mums on this site makes us very very good mummas! Back to basics huh? Sounds like a great idea, and certainly one that I would never have thought of. It seems that as soon as something works, you hang on to that for dear life until it goes wrong again. And then it is like you have to start again, but most of the time you think "oh, that wont work, we tried that before" but time has passed and now it will work. Frustrating!

Caden has a strong sucking reflex also. Now he has taken to sucking my shoulder when I am carrying him! Sounds like the dummy is a good option.

Hoody - gorgeous about the laugh! It brings tears to the eyes just thinking about it. Dont stress about not leaking. My supply is pretty good and I never leak, I don't wear pads or anything. For some reason, when I feel the let down, they will only leak if I don't have a bra on, like when I am getting into the shower or something. They wont' leak if there is any pressure on them - which why I might be more inclined to get blockages right near the nipple where the flow is probably blocked off. I hate lumps, I get them all the time! I tell ya, this breastfeeding thing is not all its cracked up to be. Last night I was trying to get a lump out, it really was hurting and I am paranoid about ending up with mastitis again. Luckily it could express out, otherwise I threatened DH that he would have to suck it out for me LOL! He was totally against it, it was very funny. If I couldn't have gotten it out I would have got Caden up to do it. Some lumps only he can get out cos the expresser can't get the ones that are blocked near the nipple.

Suse - LOVE the jungle theme girl. It is great to integrate part of your lifestyle into your nursery. It makes it seem that much more special. Ours is a sea theme, cos we live near the river and ocean, and DH is a mad boatie. Congrats to your little fella on his 3 month birthday! Gosh they grow so fast...

Willow and everyone else - hope all is good?

As for us - had 4 month injections on Friday. It went well, and bub had a 3 hour nap afterwards. he had a bit of a temperature at 38 degrees, but the pharmasist said this was normal and to just keep an eye on him. To be honest he has been so perfect the last few days. Giggling, smiling, chatting. He has tolerated a bit more tummy time and seems to enjoy it more in the nude He is so strong, his back muscles really are prominent and he has rolled over a few times as well.

Anyways, DH is hankering me to spend some time with him better go!

June- glad you contacted tresilin and are using their advice. I hope you are feeling a little bighter next time you pop in

Twin sis- I love your ticker Cameron is adorable. My DD1 had a head full of hair it gives them so much character when they are litttle doesnt it? My DD1 still gets comments on her unruly mop as she has blonde ringlets. Molly is almost bald and i miss having a baby with hair.

Limeslice- yay for coming back and joining us it can get quiet in hear at times. Sounds like you and Charlotte are doing great. Well done on the roll I hope you sort your feeding issues out soon.

Dragonbub- Lol at telling DH he'd have to suck your BB to help remove the lump! I have never had any lumps but hey i'm lucky to have milk at the minute. Glad caden survived his injections ok i'm dreading getting Molly's next ones as i will have to take DD1 with me this time and i can see it been hard work.

Well we are still BFing- jsut. I am pretty sure my supply has upped a little again from the Motilium thank goodness. We are getting plenty of wet nappies so i'm sure all is ok i just hope we have a little weight gain this week At least i am getting lots of wear out of all my 0000 outfits but i have so many 000's that are summery and still huge so i'm hoping they dont go to waste- please let it stay warm long enough for her to wear them. We are still even using huggies newborn nappies. Molly has been quite good the last 2 days so i can't complain i am agonising about putting her in her cot in the nursery as like Twin sis said she keeps me awake. Im worried with her waking DD1 if she wakes at night etc if in her nursery and i do find it so conveniant to feed her in my room even though we do disturb poor DH. Well i best go we are about to watch a movie and DH wants some 'us' time whilst both princess's are asleep. For those off tomo enjoy your Public Holiday i know we will and then Tues is my 25th birthday

Hu Guys, Can I still use baby brain as an excuse for stupid things? I had looked at this thread numerous times and only saw the messages on the 1st page and thought that there were no updates so didn't bother looking any further.. Only just occured to me that there were more pages.. LOL...

Twin Sis / Hoody, I thoroughly reccomend putting the little ones in their own rooms.. It took me until 4 weeks ago to do so, but it was the best thing I did. Kimberley started sleeping through and I also started getting a good nights sleep, however I am still awake with the 1st cry (think DH snoring also contributed into waking her through the night).. I still check on her about 5 times before I go to bed and if either DH or I wake in the night...

Thanks so much for the advice guys. I'm going to try Cameron in his own room tonight and see how it goes!

Hoody - Hee hee thanks for the compliment. I love that he has so much hair but even dressed from head to toe in blue, people always think he's a girl because he's got so much hair (doesn't make sense to me but that's what they all say). Yay on the increase in supply. I have my fingers crossed for a weight gain this week!

DB - glad things are going well. Mine has been giggling more lately too, it's the best sound I've ever heard!

Heather - Ha ha I use baby brain as an excuse almost every day. i call it BF brain LOL

LS - Don't think I've chatted with you yet in this thread but welcome back :)

Hey girls!!

Haven't posted for a few days. Have had mum and dad down visiting, kids' birthday parties and the family picnic day for my work (still got an invite even though we're on mat leave) so had a very busy, tiring weekend!!

L has been good. Did our last visit at sleep school on Friday and we've officially 'graduated'! The nurse told us there is no need for us to come back because L is a good little boy who sleeps like any other 4 month old - YEY!! Still doing a little bit of resettling during the day but generally his sleeps are 1.5-2hrs now and only occasionally will he do a short sleep where I can't resettle him. A big improvement from the early days. Nights still the same, wakes at about 10pm and then at about 2pm then sleeps through till 5am, sometimes 6am. Not expecting much change here till he's established on solids. Have accepted that he is just a big hungry boy!! Thinking of starting him on Farex next month, but will see how he goes.

In other news, it's turned into a total roller derby here! Cannot keep the boy still! He rolls everywhere. Had a few problems with him in bed the first few days but that seems to have settled. Would love to stop wrapping him at night and switching over to his grobag, but too scared about the dummy factor, although he only really has that when I first put him to bed, settles without it after feeds.

We've also moved from feed, play, sleep routine to feed, play, sleep, play. Now that he's a bit older and he's awake more, if I feed him as soon as he wakes, it's a bit too soon so we've started stretching it out a bit. Seems to be working fine.

He has also learnt to squeal in the last few days...joy! Sounds like he?s being murdered at times. He's just woken up from a big sleep now and is in bed squealing!!

Have to book his 4 month needles in this week, he was 4 months on Saturday.

Twinsis - Sleep school is just a general term for places like Tresillian, Ngala etc here where you take your bubs if you are having sleeping/settling issues and they help you work them out. Love Cameron's hair!! We have crazy hair too, just heaps of it and curly and stands on end on the top!

Hoody - glad to hear you?re still b?feeding. Hoping for a big weight gain for Molly this week! Have you tried the Aktavite? I brought it a few days ago and can tell the difference, especially in the mornings. I just drink it once or twice a day.

June - so glad that you found tresillian helpful! Have heard about that online thingo, should check it out.

Dragonbub, Suse, everyone else ? hi!!

Default Hello!

Hello,

I'm very new to this site but my little girl was born in Nov 2007 (14 weeks old) so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Brooke is doing great, she's been sleeping thru the night now for 5 weeks (7pm - 7am) and is changing every day. Her personality is coming out more and more and she's so much fun to be around. I'm working part-time from home at night and often have to pop in to the office during the week - everyone loves watching her sit on my knee while I'm working away at my computer... she looks right at home.

I'm 30 and a first time mum so really keen to hear and learn from everybody!

It's nice to meet you all

Belinda.
    Last edited by Belinda*; March 3rd, 2008 at 09:52 PM.

Welcome Belinda! Wow, first time mum and working part time. How do you do it? I am still juggling being a mum! I am 30 as well (only just turned 30) and have a 4.5 month old baby boy. He was born in October, but was due in November, hence why I hang around this thread.

Willow - glad to hear you have a normal 4 month old! Welcome back.

Hoody - also glad to hear your supply is up. Hope your gal puts on enuf weight this time round.

Heather28 - Sure, I blame lots of things on baby brain, it is the best excuse, and really, who is going to question it?

Hi to everyone else!

As for us, all good. No teeth STILL but they are there that's for sure, just not poked through yet. Seems we have hit a kind of routine where Caden is up for 2 hours then sleeps for 2 hours. It is nice to know I have a few hours up my sleeve, but boy do they go fast!

Trying to find a bit more "together" time with DH. Does anyone else have this issue? It seems the only time I get to myself I absolutely relish, but that doesn't leave much time for the two of us without bub. I mean, after he is put to bed around 7, I clean up, eat, shower, change into pjs, express milk and clean it all up for the next day. That leaves approx 1/2 - 1 hour a day just for ME, but not much time for DH and me. I think we are in a bit of a rut, but I plan a romantic dinner out just the two of us so maybe that might smooth things over.

Oh well, have a great week everyone!

Dragonbub,

I have the same issues with 'together time' as well. To add to the normal routine, DH is also a shift worker, so trying to plan anything around DD is a nightmare.. We went away for a night yesterday, stayed at my bro's house and needed to come home today to sleep as it just threw Kimberley's routine (well what you can call a routine) out the window.. Going from none to 1 feed a night to 3 ARGHHH.

However for me, there is light at the end of the tunnel.. My parents are moving within 2 hrs drive which I see as heaven and they are willing to babysit... (up until now we have lived different countries, 1 days drive and 4 days drive).. SO maybe together time will happen a bit more!! Good luck with smoothing things over..

Hi girls been a couple of days between posts for me so dont know how well i will do with personals but here goes-

Belinda and Heather- Welcome to the thread cant wait to get to know you both it will be nice to have a couple more posters in here it can get a little quiet at times. Or maybe i spend to much time on BB and get bored if noone has posted anything for me to read

Belinda- i envy the sleeping through but cant be lucky twice my DD1 was a dream like that but with Molly been no 2 i'm not so lucky this time on average we go from 11-6 but hey some nights are dreadful others are better.

Heather- i too have pg brain but now i too call it BFing brain.

Twin sis- lol at ppl thinking Cameron is a girl i can dress Molly head to toe in pink and still get asked her sex and i'm like 'hellllooooo she is in pink cant i make it any more obvious' but with DD1 i never got asked must have been her hair.

Willow- I do drink aktivite at least 2 glasses a day but i'm not a huge fan have to drink it down fast iykwim. My supply is ok now as far as i know our weigh in is on thursday.

Dragonbub- I'm hearing you on the couple time we too have a little issue (well DH more than me iykwim) He can feel quite neglected and left out as when both girls are asleep i am cleaning, excersising, on BB or trying to wind down just having me time he doesnt get that i dont want to sit on the couch and have him lie all over me etc. I get jumped by a 2 yo and carry around a NB all day so when they arent here i like my space- selfish but true.

Suse and June- how are you both?

Well today is my Birthday and DH forgot Oh well once you have kids i think you tend to take a back seat etc iykwim. Had a nice day though went out for lunch with my sis (i am a twin)
    Miss Molly is doing well and been very sleepy today so i am she is having a growth spurt. She has been a star both yesterday and today. Off to tidy up b4 bed my house looks like a bombs gone off and we are having a BBQ tomo evening so need to get somethings sorted.

Happy Birthday Hoody!! Enjoy the rest of your night... men aren't great at remembering these things but I think DH definitely owes you some pampering now!

Happy Birthday Hoody, hope you had a nice lunch with your twin sister. Good luck at the weigh-in! ROFL about Molly being in pink and still getting asked about her sex. People are funny!

Dragonbub - we have together time issues as well. Cameron won't go to bed until at least 10pm and by then I'm dying I'm so tired so I go to bed with him. This leaves zero alone time for hubby and I. Were going to have to take our friends up on their babysitting offer so we can go out one night with just the two of us.

Heather - yay on the parents moving closer. Sadly we moved away from ours a year ago and now they are now a 17 hour drive away so we don't get to see them much either.

Belinda* - Congratulations on your daughter and welcome! I'm very envious of the 7pm-7am sleeping! We've just managed to get Cameron's bedtime changed to 10pm from midnight and he's sleeping 7hrs at a time so i can't complain too much, but 12hrs must be soooo nice.

Willow - Very interesting! We don't have anything like that here (mind you I live in a pretty small town). Aw the curly crazy hair sounds so cute!

Well I tried to put him in his own room but I just couldn't do it. I'm too out of it at 5:00am to go get him from his room and take him to the living room to feed him. The last two nights though he slept 7hrs and didn't make a peep so I actually slept 7hrs without waking up or having weird dreams. It was heaven!

Oh Happy Birthday Hoody

sorry I haven't been on much lately. We are still having major sleep issues. He is down now though so I will go and rest my head and then try and get back later in the day for some personals.

Hugs to you all

Happy bday Hoody!!!

June - sorry to hear that, it really sucks when they're not sleeping well . If you get time, let us know what's going on, maybe we can help or give some pointers? I know both Dragonbub and I have both had sleeping issues earlier on, it does get better, promise!

We are doing well, cruising along. In an exciting development today - DS is going to sleep without his dummy and is settling just great so far!! He doesn't have it at night, he's never needed it but has had it for about 6 weeks now during the day. I really want to get rid of it but we'll see how he goes without it. I did use it earlier to resettle him for a longer sleep. Will work on the settling without it and then try resettling without it in a few days I think.

Hi girls!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOODY!!!!!

lol...that loud enough?? hehehe

Dont mind me - seriously sleep deprived - but funnily has nothing at all to do with Charlotte - Im addicted to the nappy hunt...was up until 5 am this morning...lol Charlottes been awake since 7 so no sleep for me! WOOT! lol

Welcome Belinda to our lil group! And congrats on the 12 sleeps - just hope she does it for the rest of her life and youll be set!

I am so understanding the "Together Time" thing with DF...added to that that he comes home for 1 week and Charlotte and I sort of have our lil routine, then he;s here for a week, and out goes the routine, iykwim? He feels a lil left out sometimes I think, but I dont really know what to do about it. Im expressing (trying) more so that he can feed her at nights, I think that may help, so he can feel like he is actually doing stuff for her...Im so used to doing everything that I tend to just "do" things when tehy need to be done, nappy changes, baths, sleeping, etc. Have a friend of ours staying indefinately from the UK atm so I think when DF comes home next week I might ask Blair to look after Charlotte for a couple of hours so we can go out for dinner and a movie. That will be nice!

Charlote gets asked if shes a boy...WTF she doesnt look like a boy! lol, expecially when shes wearing a floral onsie, like she was the other day when the guy asked me - bloody men! lmao.

So, cant talk must hunt!! lol Hope all you girls are signed up?!?

Hoody have a great day!!!

Talk soon
    x

time for a new thread everyone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678