Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

Hi,

I've got to brag.. Kimberley was properly crawling tonight.. Can't believe that she decided she could do it and she was doing about 3 crawls steps in a row, had a break and went again.. Knew there was a reason I was cleaning my house so thoroughly..

Oh, and DH called. He should be home real late on Thursday night or Friday.. YIPPEE!!

I'm sooooooo SORRY, i have been MIA... Just have been so busy lately just cant keep a top of things but im back...

Hoody - Im doing ok, i guess, still a lil sad, but i guess it wasnt meant to be... remember when i said to u what suprise will i get coz DF went away, well U WERE SOOOO RIGHT hehe but DF was a lil sad, which i didnt think he wood be but he was, but were all good now, we see it as it wasnt meant to be, but ill keep u updated on what happens, ok chicky... Oh and my lil sister is sick again poor thing, i think i have passed my cold on to her again, poor thing she started getting better and as she seemed to get over it, i got her sick, i should have to have them too much longer, im sorta sick of not having a routine, iykwim...
    thats not good to hear about the girls are sick again, u poor thing, it just seems it never rains but pours.. i feel as soon as i get better, i get sick again.. My gf is a germaphob (not sure how to spell) but she is constanly cleaning and her kids are always sick and since ive been seeing her a few times a week im always sick so over it, BRING ON SUMMER, i also thingk u need to take shares out at ur doc surgery hehe (Just jokes)

DB - thats not good to hear about your grumbly baby, hopefully u get ur sleeping baby back soon... Sorry that i couldnt meet last week, my lil sis was sick and i had to take to the docs, she ended up having tonsilitis and chest infection, it was quiet funny coz mum thought she was fakin it so she could spend the day with me hehe but will meet one day, i promise

Heather - im the biggest fan of bathing with Ryley, i do it once a week and i find it quite relaxing and less sore of the back, and he loves it

Willow & Twinsister - Hello, and nice to meet u

Please dont hate me, if i have missed someone

have a good nite all

Ciao
    Last edited by Mummy Melz; August 12th, 2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: made a few simple spelling errors

Hey Mel- glad you posted i've been missing you in here and i keep missing you on msn too oh i just noticed the angel in your ticker, again i'm sorry for your loss I'm glad to hear you are doing ok though. My girls are a bit better just super grumpy still.

Heather- Yay on the crawling thats awesome. I bet you cant wait to see your DH

Well as i said to mel my girls are still very grumpy but doing ok. Its DH's 30th tomo and would you believe i havent even got him a card yet so i'm feeling like a lousy DW. I did make him a big batch of ANZAC cookies this morning and have wrapped them up in a tupperware container as they are his all time fav. I think i will have to give playgroup a miss this arvo to go to the shops for a card and something small from the kids. Not going to over board as he is going to Vietnam in Sept for a holiday and we agreed that that was his present. Well not much else to tell.

Take care.

Miss Molly is 9 months old today oh dont they just grow up way too quick... thanks for all ur support over the last few days means so much to me, it really does

Im doing good, so annoyed i had my doctors appt today, and they rang me to say the doctors is sick so im now going in tomorrow which is good.... im glad to hear the girls are getting better, sick is hard to handle but grumpy isnt so bad.. and ur not a lousy wife ur a wondeful wofe, mother and friend... Well Ryley has been alseep for an hour and half so i think i better go wake the sleepin baby, will chat soon hunee, take care...

Hope everyone is having a good day

Ciao Bella

Hey ladies,
    Wow, so many posts! We have been SOOO busy lately, Caden has the flu, and DH and myself just came down with it last night, so needless to say I am back to the 5 hour nights again and last night was the worst - DS was fine, he had his feeds and went straight back to sleep but I tossed and turned, first burning up then freezing cold I woke up today feeling like I had been hit by a train.

Melz - sorry to see your ticker hun. It is great that you have a positive outlook, yet it still must be difficult. hun, look after yourself and be especially gentle to yourself for a while.

Hoody - yay on the 2nd tooth, bummer about the girls being sick. I hate it when they are sick, Caden got the flu too, but this time he has just been really clingy and having rough nights, but the days are ok, and thankfully he hasn't gone off his boobie like before, so really I am actually happy considering it could be worst! Like Mel said, roll on summer.

Willow! great to see you back hun. Sounds like your lil fella is doing great. Like Hoody said, we missed you in here as it can get a bit quiet.

Heather - Congrats on the crawling hun Now you wont know what hit you!

Twinsis - wow looking after two of them, gosh don't know how you do it! I find looking after my two (DH and DS) is hard enough.

Well as for us like I said the whole family has been sick. Caden is doing so well though, he really has his sea legs, he even tries to take a few steps on his own now, but doesn't quite get up the momentum before falling on his bottom. I am a HORRIBLE mother because he fell onto his bottom and did this kind of roll onto his back and SCREAMED! I didn't think it looked that bad so gave him a cuddle, and when I pulled his little face away from my shoulder, he had blood everywhere The poor little thing had somehow torn the little flap of skin that joins the top lip to the gum gosh knows how he did it, but it bled alot. He recovered pretty quickly and could still suck his thumb and drink which was a relief. To top things off, and I haven't even told DH this cos I feel so guilty, the other night he couldn't settle after two hours so I brought him into bed with me. DH couldn't sleep so went onto the couch, so it was just Caden and me. At about 5 in the morning there was a loud "thump" and a cry, CAden had fallen out of bed! I swore I would wake up when he moved, but after a few nights of next to no sleep, I must have zonked. Luckily he was fine, the floor is carpeted and wood boards underneath, so is actually quite cushioned, but DH had his draw slightly open and I shudder to think of what "might" have happened

Anyways, better go prepare the house for a strata meeting we have tonight,
    Have a great week ladies!

Whew I finally had a chance to read all the posts. I've been gone too long though to reply to it all. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Welcome Mummy Melz

Well this wasn't much of a post but Cameron just woke up and this room isn't baby-proofed so must run. Hopefully will talk to you guys soon

HI girls,

Melz - sorry for your loss. Hope you are all ok..

DB - hope you are all starting to feel better in your house. Poor Caden falling out of bed , but if it makes you feel any better, Kimmy fell head 1st onto a concrete floor while we were away.. (DH was changing her, and I could hear crying and just assumed it was the usual tantrum of getting a nappy change, but then DH comes out looking a little pale and told me what happened. Think it shocked both of them more than anything else).

Hoody - hope you managed to find something for DH, but am sure you would have been forgiven if you didn't get out..

Everyone else - hoping all is good..

Well I am really excited now. DH will be home in the early hours of the morning.. But as my parents live 2 hrs closer to where he is coming from, I have asked them to leave the door unlocked, just in case he can't quite make it (his request, not my idea). Mind you I am still waiting for the phone call from his friend to tell me that he is on his way. I just happened to call his mobile and caught him.

Kimmy decided that while I was trying to get her to sleep tonight, she was going to sit up. Her eyes were almost glued shut, but she still wriggled around to sit up.. They are such determined little things aren't they

Anyhow, I am buggered, so off to get a few hrs sleep before DH gets home (just so I can get up with DD and let him sleep in tomorrow)..

Take care everyone

Heather- I hope your DH made it home safely into open arms

DB- I hope you are all feeling better. Its so hard when you dont feel great yourself

Well DH enjoyed his birthday and i did manage to get to the shops to get him a few bits.

My girls are still both full of colds. Not any worse but not exactly any better just lots of green snot and clingy. DH left at 6.30am this mo and is still not home so i have had a tough day been stuck at home with them both. I would have loved to take them to the park or something just to get out but i had to wait for our new Telly and TV cabinet to arrive. Had a big spend this week with buying them both and a new rug for our living room but they where well needed. Well i have to cut this short Molly is unsettled so i best go try and put her down.......again.

Hello All,
    Stupid computer, internet explorer keeps shutting down on me and this is the first time I have made it this far without being kicked off

Heather - you must be excited by now to have DH back, yay! Hope you are enjoying some time to yourself while he is back, and some time with him too, "wink wink".

Twinsis - heh heh about the baby proofing. It is funny, these days everywhere I go has to be screened for spiders, fall hazards, beer bottles, etc before I put Caden on the floor. Today I went to a Kitchen Tea and everyone was sitting outside and the floor was brick paved. My GF has a bub of her own but it wasn't really the place for a crawler so Caden was pretty much held the whole time which really cramped his style

Melz - hope you are feeling ok hun, def must meet up oneday soon

Hoody - yeah I hate it when they are sick, so clingy and needy. I mean, I love the extra cuddles, I will do anything for that hug and to feel that lovely head on my shoulder, but I really feel for the poor thing, snuffling away and generally not feeling the best. Hopefully it will be over soon and some sanity will return

Suse, Willow, Limeslice, Belinda, others I have missed, hope you are all ok?

As for us, have had a good week so far, my own personal brag - CADEN TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS!!! He had my hand and walked as far as he could go within my reach, then let go and did a couple of steps before plopping onto his bottom!! OMG I was so amazed, such a clever little monkey. From being one of the last in my mothers group to crawl to being one of the first to cruise/step is amazing. I can't wait til he is walking, I really think he will love it.

Nights are getting better, although am doing a 12, 3 and 6 o'clock feed at the moment. I think he just wakes up thirsty due to the flu, as when he wakes up, I wake up with a mouth so dry I end up drinking a litre of water just in the night time. I will wait until he is better before trying to get back on track, as I have a feeling that once he is better he will sleep through again.

Well, gotta go sew an outfit for Caden while he is asleep, have a great week!

Can you believe it? My lil fella is 10 months old! I went to the preg and baby expo yesterday, it was so great to see all those stalls with products that I have seen online, and now got to see in the flesh Caden was home with DH so it was just me, and people kept asking when I was due I kept saying "10 months ago" LOL. Makes me kind of wish I WAS preg, but then I get home to my lil bubba so determined to walk around and I realised how really lucky and fortunate I am.

Well, we are all snotty in our house at the mo. Caden is still running his own green and gold olympics, and DH has walked around like death the last few days expecting all kinds of sympathy! He says to me "I'm hot, feel my head" so I take his temperature - 36.5, my temperature? 38.5! But who wants all the sympathy? I tell ya, it has definitely been like having two babies.

Well, our computer is fixed and I am back online, but there is no one to talk to, heh heh. Have a great week everyone,

Hey DB.. Men, always dying when they have a sniffle. Hope you are getting better on the 10 months. They are growing up so fast.. I look at Kimmy and am amazed how much we love this little girl and can't imagine our lives without her. The selfish part of me wants to enjoy her alone, while the other part thinks we really need to think about another one if we are going to keep them close in age..

Hoody, any relief from those colds yet? Thinking of you and sending you big Don't know how you manage. You are a strong wife and Mummy!!

Well DH made it home safely and it is so nice to have him back.. And yes, have been able to have some 'me' time and some adult company.. Nan was good fun to have around, but not the same as DH.

My dog died last night. She was at my parents, and she was old, but still didn't want to hear it. And I found out just before I left for an interview

I went to an employment agency today and have an interview tomorrow and another Wednesday, so here's hoping something comes from them!! I had to get my DH to come nearly into town to get me cause I was sick, I felt like I was going to pass out. I had to get off the train, but it was all from not having anything to eat most of the day cause the train was late on my way into town..

Well still not feeling too good, so am off to make the spare bed and jump in there. Am scared I won't hear kimmy if I am down the other end of the house tonight..

Good night..

No time to post properly at its late etc but hope you are all ok. Girls still full of colds but doing ok. I had a really bad day today I also lost my mobile which is really bad considering DH lost his yesterday so now we have no one phone no's.
    I will try and post properly tomo but just wanted to say HI for now.

Mel- Hope Rye's surgery went well today, I wanted to txt you but as i said lost my phone so i have lost your no. Hope to see you Wed still but get in touch with me anyway. X

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO- very quiet again in here ladies

Mel- It was so great to meet up today you are as lovely in person as you are on the net and we got along fantastically if i do say so myself. Cant wait to do it again. Maybe i will brave the drive and visit you one day but as i said its so much easier to have ppl come here so DD1 doesnt trash someone elses house esp if they arent used to having a 2yo iykwim. Rye is such a beautiful lil boy you should be so proud.

Heather- i hope you are feeling better and about the job hunting

DB- I am jealous you went to the baby expo i really wanted to go and even had 2 free tickets but had no one to go with and didnt fancy it with my 2 terrors alone. I hope you and your DH are both feeling better.

Well my girls are all better still have slight runny noses but all is well apart from. Molly is doing really well still not on the move but sitting, clapping, waving etc. I think she is also trying to say dada and ta or maybe its just wishful thinking and just her babbling I was getting worried about the lack of crawling but after speaking to my mum i am reassured. I apparantly never crawled and i turned out fine Its funny i never new that but mum said i was just happy to sit then at 13-14 months figured out i had legs and just up and walked like that

Well i hope you are all having a good week and would love to hear how you are all doing.

Hello All,
    It seems I only posted yesterday, but I guess it was a while ago now. This is only quick cos I have got to go to bed

Caden is almost walking, he takes a few steps, then might stop and stand for a while, then walk a few more before either getting to his destination or plopping on his bottom. Very cute! We have 8 teeth now also, so hopefully that's it for a few months before the big bad molars come. He is also feeling alot better and is almost over his cold, although there is some bad coughing during the night

Hoody - It is so hard not to stress when other babies seem to be ahead, but Caden was almost the last in my mummys group to crawl, and is the first one taking steps, so it just goes to show.

Heather - sorry about your dog but good luck at the interview! Hopefully you will get some good news.

Melz - thinking of you hun and hope Ryley went ok in his op.

All others - hope you are all going good.

Off to bed!

Hi Girls,

Well Ryely op went soooo well the doctor said he was the best baby they had for the day, so that made me feel very special indeed... he has fully recovered and you would have never known, he actually had an op, im so proud of my lil boy for being so brave We also have our 8th tooth, and i think we have more, but im so not game to findout, coz i will lose a finger

DB - thanku so much for your kind words, so proud of Caden for walking, before u no it, he'll be runnign around, well rye is sorta walking, he will hole hads and walk, but thats it really it...

Hoody - thank u so much for Wednesday, i so enjoyed meeting u, u r the most lovely person, and Miss Mia just melted my heart on how cute she is and Miss Molly is just a lil doll.. u have such a lovely family and im so glad we meet, and i can see a great friendship coming out if this Cant wait to see you again, i might pop over next week, or as you said you can venture over my way,and the hole wrecking the house thing, isnt a prob becoz my DF is shocking and sooooo messy, its like i have two kids haha.. but def easier if i come to you, since i have one bub and u have two!!

Well g2g bed for me, i have to work tomorrow realloy earlier...

Hope everyone else is well.....

Ciao Bellas

DB- I hope the night time cough has subsided and all is well again in your house hold

Melz- sorry i keep missing you on msn havent been on the comp much this week busy, busy, busy. Hope you didnt work too hard today. I would love to see you again this week if you are free one day? I'm always free I have found a fantastic park near me so if you want to come up here we can take the kidlets down for a picnic maybe?? Let me know or i could try and brave the drive to you if you prefer.

Well not much to tell here had a draining couple of days with Molly having a seizure (we think) last night and soooo much diorhoea (sp?) Went to the Drs and for now just keeping an eye on her but if it happens again we will have to go for an EEG. She scared me to death. She made a funny noise- almost like a cross between a gasp for breath and a cough. I went in to check on her and she was soooo out of it and really floppy. I panicked big time. Within a minute she was ok but within that minute the thoughts that flashed through my head where horrendous iykwim, SHe didnt have a temp but she is teething badly so we dont know what happened. Also had DD1 checked out whilst at the Dr's as her hands are always a really deep red/purple and freezing even when she is warm. Same deal for now ok but if still continuing she will need tests to check for a circulation condition starting with R........ok its too late and i cant think of what its called. Always something or another in this household i tell ya Well not much else to say i hope you all have a great weekend.

Take care

Hello Lovelies,
    Melz - glad to hear Rye went well, what a tough lil fella. Yay on the walking holding hands, that's a great way to build up those sturdy muscles!

Hoody - hun, sorry to hear about the seizure. You must have been scared to death I am so glad everything is ok now, my niece had febrille (sp?) convulsions and had my sis in a state a few times, but is ok now. Any ideas what they think it is?

As for us, we are WALKING now! He will take about 10 steps, or walk across the room. He has had let go of his own accord a few times to get somewhere, but mainly walks towards me. I can't believe a week ago he had taken his first steps, and now he is really walking. It is amazing how quickly they develop, he really seems to love it too and has the biggest most proud grin on his face when he is coming towards me

WEll, late night better be off to bed,

Nighty night!

Hi everyone..

Just thought I would pop in and say a quick hi...

Hoody - the seizure must have been so scary for you.. Hope you are ok now..

DB - on the walking.. Am praying Kimmy doesn't get there for a while... The crawling is bad enough

Melz - glad the op went well.. LOL at the chance of losing a finger, I am the same. I refuse to stick my finger in Kimmy's mouth..

Everyone else -- hi, hope all is well..

Kimmy has really got some speed up with this crawling business. We were at a friends house this arvo and I ducked out to the shop, and when I came back, my friend (who has 4 grown up children), made a comment as to how she just disappeared. She went searching for DH and found him..

We have been having a nightmare with getting Kim to sleep of late. She is fine when in our arms, or if we lie in bed with her, but I don't want to be doing that forever, so tonight DH suggested a blanket (which she normally hates, but enjoys in our bed), so it stopped her moving so much and I decided to put my tshirt in there with her.. less than a minute, she was asleep cuddling my shirt.. Mind you, DH had no issues with me stripping down for her. Just hoping we have hit the nail on the head, but it is making sense after being away, and then Kimmy sleeping in my room when DH was away..

Well DH is out of the shower, now so must go and keep him company..

Good night all...
    Heather

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast