Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

Belinda - that is so cute! Caden looks as if I have given him something off, then opens his mouth for more! Funny bubbas. Good to hear she is happier.

Hope everyone else is ok? Pretty quiet in here...

Hi everyone
    sorry we have been MIA. We have had fussy irritable baby over the last fortnight and I haven't been getting much sleep. So haven't been near the computer too much. Not really sure what was going on with the fussiness but I think we are over it now. I came down with a head cold and a fever and I think that mucked around with my milk a little, then AF arrived so that made him pretty cranky. Plus we had the 6 month needles in there as well. The last few days he is much more settled again which is nice as I have been carrying him around constantly for two weeks and getting up to him every 2 hours or so.

We are finally rolling here!1 Not very often (gosh he is lazy), but he can do it. He is much happier sitting up though which he has been doing really well for a few weeks now. I leave some cushions behind him but he is getting really good at correcting himself if he starts to fall backwards. Still no teeth Not sure when they will finally rear their little pointy heads.

The Christening went really well. He looked so gorgeous in the christening gown, which was about 90 years old. My little angel, although he kept looking down to try and find his feet (very cute).

I have missed a bit so won't go back to far with personals. I see I'm not the only one MIA at the moment. Suse, Twinsis and Willow - hope things are ok with you guys .

Dragonbub - I had to laugh at the amount of food that Caden could put away, so I took your challenge tonight and tried to fill the constantly opening mouth. We managed 1/2 cup of food for dinner which is pretty impressive. It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference to him waking over night tonight. We are on 3 meals a day as well and he is loving his food. The only think he screws his nose up at is pawpaw, but he is happy if I mix it with natural yoghurt (come to think of it he will eat anything mixed with natural yoghurt!!) and banana, but I think that was more the texture rather than the flavour.

Belinda - glad to hear the rice cereal experience went well. Good luck with the vegies, its so much fun seeing their little faces as they experience different tastes now.

Hoody - good to hear that things are going along good for you guys. I hear you about the time it takes now that we have started solids. I try and set aside time twice a week to do a big cookup, but I seem to be running out quickly now.

Heather - hope the antibiotics are working nicely for you!

Oh and good news here. Still no bottle but he has taken to a straw cup like a champion. So far I have only tried water with it at the moment (need more fluids now that we are eating solids), but will try milk out of it soon to see if he will take that.

Well thats about me up to date. Last weigh in was 8.3kgs so still tracking right on the 7th percentile.

Hello!

Well, Brooke and I went to a mother and baby clinic workshop thing today. It was on CPR and handling emergencies so was good to hear what the paramedic had to say (everything from bites to burns, falls, etc). We also practiced rescus on a fake baby too... it gives you shivers down your spine thinking you would ever have to use it on your own. Let's hope none of us are ever put in that situation! I also got details of a mothers group out of it so that will be good!

Brooke took to gagging with each mouthful of cereal today (to the point where her eyes were watering!!) but she didn't spit it out and eventually swallowed it - actually looked quite happy with herself once it went down and kept opening her mouth up for more so I don't know! We'll see how we go tomorrow!

June 78... sounds like you have had a full on fortnight... hope you and your little one are feeling good again! Congrats on the rolling over!!! Brooke loves rolling from back to tummy but doesn't so much bother going the other way. We're not sitting by ourselves very well yet and I am going to make an effort to spend more time propping her up instead of playing on her tummy all the time. We have no teeth either...

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Me (30)
    DH (31)
    DD (5 months, 3 weeks)

Hey everyone,
    good news! I am an aunty again. My sis gave birth to her fourth child, a baby girl, weighing 5 pound 12 ounces, 46 cm long, Apgars 8 and 9, natural birth, only had peth, gorgeous baby! I got to cut the cord which was such an honour. Caden stayed with SIL which was a bit stressful, but I was preoccupied which was a good thing.

June - great to "see" you again. Glad to hear all is well, although not so good for the unsettled time. Sounds like a few things were happening to make him irritable. LOL about the feet in the gown! Caden also wore a gown (my christening gown) for his and he only just fit into it.

Belinda - I started with very runny rice cereal, then thickened it up a little bit as he got the hang of it. It began only slightly thicker than breast milk.

AS for us, sitting, rolling and almost crawling, think it will be within the next month or so anyway. He gets up on all fours, but is not quite sure what to do. I think he will be happier when he can crawl cos then he is not stuck in the one place. I really think he will be the most happy when he can walk, as he so loves being on his feet!

Better go chat to DH haven't seen him all day and night!

DB congrats on your new niece

Sorry been MIA my DD1 is really unwell and been in hosy and looks like we may have to go back. I am sick myself and looks like Molly is getting it too. Been in hospital sucks though in our room was a 5 month old baby also so it made me thankful it was my 2yo DD rather than molly as at least when they are a bit bigger they are a bit more resiliant. Not nice for any child to be so unwell but the bigger they are the more fight they have iykwim. I was up for over 40hrs straight as i missed a full nights sleep while they were trying to stabalize DD1's asthma- i've never seen anyone have an attack so bad it was really scary. I will try and come back and post properly in a day or 2 when things in our house has calmed down.

Hello,

Hoody... I can't imagine how scary things were for you. I hope that things are starting to sort themselves out for DD1 with her asthma. You must be exhausted - physically and mentally. I hope you're feeling better too and Molly manages to avoid it.

Dragonbub... congrats to you and your sister. 4 kids... wow, thats a lotta love in one household! Sounds like you were a great support for her! You'll really have your hands full once Caden starts crawling... how exciting though!! Brooke's a while off yet I'd reckon.

Our rice cereal has gone downhill since the first sitting unfortunately - think I'm going to try some pumpkin and see if thats any better!

Have a good night!

Me (30)
    DH (31)
    DD (6 months)

Hi just a quick update. We are home but all still really unwell. Its a really nasty flu that has gone straight to our chests. DD1 coped it really bad with her asthma like i said and i thought i'd almost lost her Took the Dr in the ER from 11pm-4am to stabalize her enough to move us to the ward. Scary doesnt even begin to describe it. Even now 5 days later she is still on 4hrly nebs etc so still not great. We have an appt with paed at 8.30am tomo regarding her allergies so i will mention her asthma again. Dh has been in bed all weekend as he has the bug too. (we all do but with been the mummy there's no rest for me) Molly isnt too good either she is off her food/milk and is coughing really bad along with the runny nose etc too. I'm hoping the paed will check her over for me too whilst we are there tomo. Its really horrible to say but i wish i could call in sick from my mummy duties for a day and get some rest myself i started on Wed feeling unwell and just dont seem to be getting any better. I'm sick of taking cold and flu tabs along with panadol etc i feel like a prescription drug junkie I am supposed to be getting flu shot on Tue so if i'm no better i guess i wont be but maybe i will need anti biotics. I have a job interview tomo arvo too so i hope i can keep it together for that I am not that stressed by it as i am really not that fussed about working. I want to for me but i'm not desperate for it so if its not suitable for me (or i'm not for it ) then i wont be too upset iykwim.

Hi Hoody,

Hope the paed visit went well this morn and you were able to get some answers. You, your DH and your two beautiful girls have been thru so much and I hope you are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. All the best.

Me (30)
    DH (31)
    DD (6 months)

Finally back at my computer after my long weekend away. We went up to Caloundra for four days which was lovely. The weather was beautiful, heaps of lazing around and walking on the beach . Unfortunately Jacob is teething pretty badly at the moment . I can see eight teeth at the front trying to push their way through at the moment. I wonder if it is possible to get them all at once? Would that be a good thing? So it meant he slept pretty badly at night, but we were still on holidays so it was ok. The last couple of nights at home he has slept a lot better and I am working on reducing his night feeds a little, as I am sure he is waking up out of habit rather than hunger. So I feed him when he wakes between 10-12 at night and then will feed him again after 4am (when he wakes). If he wakes up in between (which he has been doing), we put him back to sleep without a feed. The fact that he has been going back to sleep and not protesting is a good sign. Hopefully he will stop waking soon, but we will see. He has certainly been a lot happier during the day too.

Jacob is still a very reluctant roller, would much rather spend all his time sitting up. But I have put my foot down and he is spending a lot more time laying down at the moment. Otherwise he will never learn to move!! He will be eighteen and just sitting there on the floor expecting everyone to bring things to him.

Hoody I have been sending up positive thoughts for you and DD1. I can't even imagine how scary that mut have been. I hope the Paed appt went ok and you got some answers. Also hoping DH is feeling better soon and you can get a bit of a break. Sometimes it would be nice to have a clone who could step in and take on your duties while you recuperate. Hope the job interview went ok too!!

Dragonbub - wow on cutting the cord for your niece. That is just to special. Any crawling yet?

Belinda - how did the pumpkin go? Its actually not surprising that Brooke isn't a big fan of rice cereal. Its not exactly the most tasty food item.

Hope everyone else is ok??

Hello! Sorry i too have been MIA. I got back form my holidays and was quite sick with a chest cold and flu-like symptoms. Just as I got better Cameron came down with it, and now DH has it too. It wasn't nearly as bad as what you guys had though Hoody. That sounds so scary and I'm so glad it turned out OK. I hope you all make a full recovery very soon.

We have lots of new things going on over here. Cameron's two bottom teeth have come in and he looks so cute (though it hurts now when he grabs and nibble on my finger now, I'm dreading what will become of my poor Boobies!!). He's doing quite well on solids and so far likes rice cereal, barley cereal, peas, beans, squash, carrots and apples. The only thing he hasn't liked so far was oatmeal but we'll try it again in a few weeks.

He's sitting up really well and can correct himself quite well if he starts to topple (I still put pillows behind him though as if he gets too excited reaching for something he still falls over sometimes). He's also rolling like crazy and yesterday I left him sitting in one corner of the room playing with his toys and ran downstairs to rotate the laundry and came back up to find him on the other side of the room knocking over all the DVD's! The main rooms are baby proofed but I'll have to be extra careful now!

He's just under the 20lb mark so we switched him up to the next size of car seat (though he will stay rear facing until he's a year old) which is a big change as I can no longer carry him around in his handled car seat. It makes it a lot harder to run errands as i have to do everything one handed while carrying him. I have a sling for him but even that doesn't make it a whole lot easier. I also have a stroller for him but it's a bit big to pack around. I think I need to buy a small umbrella stroller instead.

We've been going tot the pool for awhile now but we just started swimming lessons yesterday and it went really well. He's the youngest in his class by 8 months but the teacher was quite impressed with him. He's very relaxed in the water and loves to kick his feet and splash with his hands which she was very happy to see. It was nice to meet other moms with young children. It's starting to get quite warm here too so i also got him an inflatable kiddie pool which we tried out the other day. As expected it went over really well.

I was out of town visiting my sister on my first Mother's day and had a really great time. We went over to a girlfriend's house and had a big pancake breakfast with fruit and chocolate. Then we went to the farmer's market where I had an artist do a sketch of Cameron. I don't think it looks anything like him but it makes me laugh so I kept it. I thought DH might do something for me when I got back but I was a little sad to find he did not. All I wanted was a cute card to put in my scrapbook I'm making but he said I was out of town so he was off the hook :( So I found this pretty necklace I liked and I was about to buy it for myself but just as I went to order it Dh said he would get it for me as a belated gift.

While Cameron's teeth were coming in and while he was sick he was sleeping terribly and I was getting really exhausted, but thankfully now that he's feeling better he's sleeping much better. Some nights he goes to bed as early as 7:30, then he wakes around 3:30 for a feed and then he sleeps through until morning. He's been sleeping in the bed with us for the past 2 months so now i have to transition him back into his crib.

DB you asked about gender swaying - I wanted to sway for a girl but DH wanted to leave it to fate. I sort of tried anyways with BD timing but obviously it didn't work as i got a boy. I'm not complaining though as I love him more than anything in the world, and I'm actually really glad now we got a boy. I'm the same as you though with trying to entertain him during the day. I run out of things to do with him and so I run errands to pass the time, and then I miss him when he's sleeping.

Someone mentioned already thinking about trying for the next baby but I can't remember who. I'm already thinking of the next one too. I want to be done having babies by the time I'm 35 and given that I'm 32 now I don't want to wait too long to have the next one. We're talking about starting the whole TTC when Cameron is a year old. The thought of changing diapers while pregnant scares the bleep out of me as I really don't know how my stomach will take it, but I'd rather do that then wait to long. I guess we'll see what happens :)

Oh dear here I am rambling on and on and on about us. I can hear Cam waking up though and I really should get dinner started so I will have to do personals next time. Hope you all get better soon (those of you that are sick and have sick kids) and that there is lots of good news and first when I come back.

Twinsis- Welcome back Sorry to hear you have been unwell also. WTG on the rolling, teeth and sitting. It sure does sound exciting in your house. It was me on about TTC again (though i doubt we will any time soon or ever for now 2 is plenty) I started TTC Molly jsut before DD1 turned 1 and got my a week after her birthday so my girls are 20 months apart. Its hard work but worth it i'd have them close again in a second

June- Your trip sounds wonderful. I'm jealous Molly sounds like Jacob she isnt much of a mover either. She can roll i've seen her do it on more than one occasion but she doesnt like too. She is also teething at the moments.

Belinda- thanks for the well wishes.

Well we went to the paed and it went ok. DD1 is definately anaphalactic (sp?) to Eggs and Nuts. We were sent to the local childrens hosy yesterday for some more tests too so my poor little angel has been prodded and poked so much this last week. Her asthma is still playing up but it is now managable again so i cant complain.
    Molly still has the sniffles but otherwise seems well now thank goodness. We have lots of drool and stuff so i think her teeth are still niggling her. I gave her a rusk today for the first time and she loved chewing on it and screamed when i took it off her. She definately loves her food Not so keen on vegies but will eat a bit but would eat pureed fruit all day if i let her. She has rolled a few times this week but i wouldnt say she is rolling as such as she would much prefer to stay on her back. She is definatly a bit lazy
    Dh is starving so i better go and russle something up for tea.

Hello all,
    Have been MIA for a while as well down in Mandurah helping my sis out with her new bub. It is amazing how tiny she is, and so weird holding a placid NB again after holding my 9.2 kilo boomper who struggles in my arms, pinches me and pulls my hair!

Hoody - sorry to hear about your dramas sweetie. Hopefully your girls will both be on the mend soon. The possible teething can't be helping Molly, so the sooner they cut the better I say. As I have mentioned before, my mum has asthma, and my lil sis suffered with it quite a bit when she was a kid. It is just horrible, especially during winter when lung-infections run rife. I really hope things get better for you soon.

Twin sis - wow 20 pound! LOL about the boobie remark. I didn't have a problem with Caden until he cut his top ones, then when he bit down he actually had teeth to bite with. Now he has top and bottom teeth, I am dreading the next set that come through.

June - 8 teeth? OMG. His poor mouth must be so sore. I am so glad we don't remember the horrible things we go through as kids, otherwise we would be in therapy forever

Belinda - Caden loves pumpkin, so hopefully yours will too. Have you tried it yet? Apple and pear are great also, they are really sweet and help with constipation for when they start eating heaps more.

As for us, the top two teeth have finally cut, but it looks as if the top second left one is about to cut as well. It has been such a hard week, constant grizzling. It gets on my nerves so much, it just diminishes your soul bit by bit until you have no more energy or care left in your body. I feel so exhausted, but strangely numb. When Caden cries now, I just pick him up and cuddle him out of duty, not because I really FEEL it anymore. I love him so much, but after over a week of constant never ceasing grumpiness, I just can't feel sorry for him anymore. I mean, I DO feel bad for him, cos he tries to hard to be happy, smiling through his tears, but I am just so tired of trying to ease his pain or discomfort. He pushes me away, grabs my boobs and nipples, pulls my hair. All the while trying to get out of my arms but he weighs over 9 kilos which makes it such a struggle, and I put my back out the other day. I hate that he doesn't want me, but then if I put him on the floor he cries anyway.

Sorry for the rant, it's been a long week...

I hope everyone is having a better week than me, and that Hoody your family is feeling better.

Hello!

Well, we've had a bit of a strange week last week. Brooke got needles on Tuesday and was also starting to come down with a cold so that resulted in a mild fever on Tuesday night - thankfully that went away by the next day but her cold didn't. She's sooo snuffly - she can't breath through her nose and it's driving her around the twist when she tries to feed (and me - the constant pulling on and off to take breaths is not fun). Thankfully she hasn't been too grumpy and is continuing to sleep well. She's stirred once thru the night most nights with her cold and I've given her a quick feed and put her back to bed cause I thought the extra fluids might help her to get rid of it a bit faster.

On the other hand, solids are going well - pumpkin is definitely the fave so far!! Have also moved on to sweet potato now which she is munching down. I'm still only doing 1 feed a day so might start doing a morning and afternoon feed (although she's still not really looking for the extra).

Brooke's rolling has really increased this last week - she rarely stays on her back for too long now and even tries to roll over when I'm putting her nappy on and dressing her. Still no teeth at this stage.

Dragonbub... I hope this coming week is a bit happier for Caden (and in turn, for you!).
    Hoody... glad things are getting better!
    TwinSister... wow, Cameron is doing so well!
    June... wowza, 8 teeth - good luck with that! Funny that you say Jacob would rather sit than roll - Brooke really doesn't seem that interested in sitting (unless I prop her up and even then she tries to weedle her way back down) but happy as larry to roll around on the floor.

Hi to everyone else that I've missed !

Have a great week girls!

Me (30)
    DH (31)
    DD (6 months, 1 week)

We are finally moving here!! Backwards and in a commando crawl fashion, but definitely moving. Its hilarious. Jacob gets all excited about a toy in front of him, tries to move to it, and ends up a metre away. I think he will just totaly skip the rolling all together. Although the backward movement could be a one-off like the rolling has been. You just never know. The teeth seem to have settled down now. I don't think we will get 8 at once (thank heavens). Just looks like the bottom two at this stage. He has been so much more settled lately too. Up twice overnight to feed for the last couple of nights, which is a huge improvement on what we have been getting.

Dragonbub - I totally feel for you. Its so hard to feel loving and caring when you are totally exhausted. You would do anything for these little things, but it gets pretty hard when all they do is grizzle. Jacob gets rough when he is out of sorts too. I have a few wonderful guages on my neck and face from his at the moment. We had about two weeks of the sort of behaviour you are getting at the moment, but now he is pretty good, so I'm hoping things have turned the corner in your house too. Hopefully you can get some alone time to recover your sanity (and that doesn't include cleaning, washing, ironing or cooking)!

Belinda - we increased to two feeds a day after about a fornight of one feed. Its amazing how quickly their appetite picks up.

Twinsis - welcome back. Sorry to hear you and Cameron havent' been well. Its the worst thing! Good luck with moving back to the crib.

Hoody - good to hear you are getting some answers for DD1. The more information you can have will make it so much easier to deal with. Well not easy, but at least you know what you are up against. Hopefully Molly is feeling a bit better.

Hello suse, limeslice and heather. Hope you guys are going well.

To everyone waiting for teeth to come through, I hope they make their appearance soon!

Hoody - Aw poor DD! That sucks she has such bad allergies, but I'm glad to hear she and Molly are feeling better. What's DD1's name?

DB - I totally sympathize. Cameron has moments like that too. Sometimes he's all fed and clean but no matter what I do try to entertain or comfort him he just keeps whining. I feel bad for him but i get so frustrated and exhausted and even a bit annoyed. At times like that i put him somewhere safe and go do laundry to get a few minutes away from the whining. When I come back 5 minutes later he's usually so relieved to see me again he stops whining.

Belinda - aw poor Brooke! I hope she feels better soon. Cameron tries to roll when I'm changing him too. It's funny but it makes diaper changes a lot harder and it takes three times as long now.

June - the backwards commando crawl sounds hilarious! Cameron doesn't back away form toys but in his excitement to reach a toy he usually pushes it farther away and then can't figure out how to get it.

Hello All,
    too exhausted for personals atm! Got 4 hours sleep last night with Caden up and crying for most of it. I just couldn't sleep anyway and only got myself to sleep by counting backwards from 1000 at 2 in the morning.

We are trying the self-settling thing again because nothing else is working. I hate control crying as such, but it seems as if Caden has regressed and is now pushing his boundaries a bit. He went downt this morning for 45 min then was happy for about 10 min then crying, so we left him in his cot. He grizzled on and off for a while then I went in to settle him and tuck him back in, when he really turned on the water works! I figure it is for my benefit, as he wasn't crying that badly when I was out of the room. I settled him back in and left him whinging again. He did this for another half hour or so before I changed his nappy (it wasn't dirty) and put him in his sleeping bag. he then went to sleep without a fuss for another 45 mins.

This arvo he went down well for a two hour sleep, but really, in between he has been as grumpy as hell.

So anyways, I guess it will be another bad week. Just hoping it will be all over soon, whatever it is. He doesn't have a temp or anything, I just wish he was happier.

Gotta go, he is crying again...

Hi Girls.

We are here, just been so busy and by the time I get some me time, the last thing I feel like doing is staring a screen.. sorry! I am back at work full time till we go away in 4 weeks.. Then officially unemployed (well from a job that pays me with money), but the acheivements of Kimberley far outway the financial job.. Then again, maybe I can win lotto.. Nice dream!!

Anyhow seems everyone has been having some great achievements, along with some grumpiness. Must be the age. Kimberley has days where she is a velcro baby and other days doesn't care that you leave her on the floor to play.. But I have found the best way for me to cope with Kimmy being grumpy is to leave with Mum for a day or 2, then by the time she comes home, I have missed her so much that any time with her is good time.. But it is hard not having her with me!!

Hope that all who haven't been well are starting to improve! And sending big cause it can become so much when we/our families are ill..

Must be off cause DH has just come to drag me away for a bit of time together.. We have a relative staying from the UK, so our time is even more precious!

Take care all, and I will try for personals next time..

Heather

Heather- I really dont know how you have been working FT your life must be so hectic. I bet you cant wait to finish up and to be able to be a SAHM for a little while. I will say though that after a couple of months at home i bet you will miss some aspects of work. I know i sure do. Hmmm i hear you on wanting to win lotto wouldnt that be nice

DB- Oh dear you sound so down 4hrs sleep just isnt enough for you. Make sure you try and get plenty of rest in the day when the lil man is asleep. It is so draining physically and mentally when bubs is so unsettled. I really do hope it passes sooner rather than later. I am only a phone call away if you need a vent or if you fancy a day out you can always drive up and visit me for a day, Id be glad for the company

Twinsis- My DD1 is called Mia so i have my two m&m's Mia and Molly. She was 2 in March and definately going through the terrible 2's. Because of her asthma and allergies though she has not been well at all the last month so i cant really blame her for been so demanding- i know i would be if i were her and feeling rotten. I do think i'd like to go for no 3 and maybe try for a boy but then again 3 kids would mean bigger house/car etc and money doenst grow on trees iykwim. DH is quite adament that for now he is happy with 2 girls and says he plans on having no more. We'll see

June- So glad Jacob has settled down a bit. Wow on all the teeth poor lil man. WTG on the commando crawling even if it is only backwards It wont be long and he will be into absolutely everything.

Belinda- I hope Brooke is starting to feel a bit better. It really must be so frustrating for them to be so snuffly when they are hungry and trying to feed. Glad the solids are going well. I didnt think Molly was really ready for a 2nd feed as she didnt seem really interested but i tried her and she took it and now she is up to 3 meals a day and gets cranky if DD1 eats anything in front of her.

I am pleased to announce we are all healthy Silly i know but after our last month it really is something i am happy about. DD1 is soooo much better thankgoodness and Molly has been a star. I dont know if its the solids or maybe just she's growing up but for the last week she has been having solids at 4pm a bottle at 5.30pm and going down at 6pm with DD1 and sleeping through til 6-6:30am. It is so nice not having to get up to her but i am not holding my breath or taking it for granted i know too well how suddenly they can change. We are also now rolling all over the place although sometimes she will get stuck on her tummy and get a bit cranky about it iykwim.

Does anyone else still wrap their bubs? Molly has always been wrapped and still is now. She wont settle unless she is and now she is rolling i am worried that she will get stuck iykwim. She hasnt yet rolled around in her cot she stays in one position all night but i'm guessing its only a matter of time. Any tips on how to wean her off been wrapped?

Well i hope you all have great weeks and that all your bubs are happy for you

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast