Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

Hoody, June - Love the new photos! They are getting so big aren't they?

Hoody - I am glad the christening went well. I found the most stressful part was the expectation that Caden would be grumpy, but as soon as it was over and he had proven himself to be a little star, then I relaxed. Bummer about your pals. Motherhood really seems to either bring you closer or alienate you from some people. We have friends that have a bub 2 months older than Caden, and TBH I can't get past the mummy wars and competition with her. Everything is about her boy, and if ever I mention something that Caden has done, oh well HER boy has been doing that since in-utero . Sometimes friendships reach a natural end and you have to let it go. I have a great friend also and although I consider him one of my best friends, he didnt' come to our christening, nor my birthday, and he hasn't even met Caden yet. I guess in my heart he is still my friend, but in reality, he is a mere aquaintance. I hope you find peace in whatever the outcome is, whether you choose to let it slip by, or work harder to reconnect.

I don't think I had mentioned it before, but DHs dad hasn't even met Caden yet either. He lives only a couple of suburbs away! DH and his dad don't really speak to each other, but we did invite him over to meet his grandson after Christmas, to which he said as soon as he is free he will visit (that was January). We hummed and haaad about whether to invite him to Caden's Christening in May, and decided to, the invite was again declined, with his dad saying that he didn't want it to be a "sad" occasion. I mean, WTF? Since when did he EVER care about hurting anyones feelings? I mean, his bad behaviour and callous words lead to DH not talking to him in the first place. Now almost 9 months has gone by and he hasn't met his grandson. Not that CAden cares, but I really feel for DH. His brother has 3 kids and FIL makes a huge effort to catch up with them for Easter, Christmas etc . It is a bit of a slap in the face really, but personally I have written him off. I don't call him "dad" anymore, don't speak to him unless I really have to, and as far as Caden is concerned, he has one grandfather (my dad) and that's it. If FIL ever wants to see him, he has to wait until CAden asks to see him.

Ok, off my high horse now, just thought I would get that off my chest

Hope you are all having a good Monday - Willow, Heather, anyone else I missed? Suse - how are you hun?

June- Love the new pic. Jacob is beautiful. A real little boy now.

DB- Yep friendship can be hard but i guess thats the way life is sometimes :shrug:.

Well Molly has Bronchiolitis yet again and isnt very well. She has been off since sat but i havent wanted to post it as it seems every post is about my kids been unwell. We went to Drs today and for now she is ok but if she gets worse will need to go back to hosy for oxygen. She is still teething madly but no teeth yet. Rolling more and more and keeps getting arms and legs stuck in her cot.

Thats about it from me take care.
    Last edited by Hoody; July 14th, 2008 at 10:37 PM.

Hoody - sorry to hear about Molly It is ok that you post that in here, that's what we are for! I really feel for you, if its not one bub, its the other. Hopefully once winter is over, both Molly and Mia will get some lovely sunshine and recuperate from the winter nasties. Caden had the flu all June and it really knocked his socks off. DH had it too and was sick for a week. Luckily I only got the sniffles, but still, I can't imagine how much harder it is for you with actual bronchiolitis and asthma to deal with. I can't do much, but know that my thoughts are with you and sending "well" vibes your way

Where is Twinsister? Haven't heard from you for a while hun. Also Willow is MIA?

Hi, sorry i havent visit in awhile, i have a very sick household, DF and I have a cold and Ryley has a chest infection, so we are definietly making a profit for Kleenex... im sick of boogers haha

Hoody - im so glad the christening went well, im having Ryleys in December, so i guess ur the one to ask for advise oh thats horrible that Mollys sick, poor lil vegimite, i hate when there sick, but is she going ok tho??? thats so good u got photos, im a big photo fanatic, i love photos, at least when she is older, she;ll be able to see what a wonderful mum u were on the hole friends not turning up, it really upsets me that ppl can be so shallow and not turn up, think of it this way atleast everyone that loves and cares about ur little princess was there and thats all that matters??

DB- oh i feel for u with the hole DH's Dad not visitng Caden at all, i no how u feel, coz my DF's Parents have nothing really to do with Ryley, My DF's Sister had a baby 3 days after me, and she gets spoilt her mum and dad do everything for her, and her lil boy, we'll call "Bobby", gets everything, they buy him stuff all the time and Ryley has yet to see one present, DF's mum meet Ryley when he was 3 weeks old and then we seen her maybe 4 times after that and now it has been 4.5mnths since the last time she seen him, she never calls to see how her grandchild is, it breaks my heart that they have nothing to do with there Grandchild, but i have an awesome family and DF's family can get stuffeed... but i feel ur pain more since he hasnt seen him every, thats so bad, if u ever need to talk im hear, because im sorta going thru the same thing poor u

Take Care all

Well Molly is still the same no better but no worse so i guess thats a good thing. I'm hoping she will wake up a bit brighter tomo.

DB- lots of ppl are AWOL at the moment. I pm'd limeslice but yet to hear back. If i get time i might pm twinsis too. Thanks for all the well wishes etc they are met with open arms. thanks for been such a great cyber friend.

Melz- hey honey i missed you on msn earlier not having the best of days. Lots of personal issues at the min and to top it off my parents dog who we have had since i was 12 got put down today. My mum leaves for broome on thur and wont be back til mid sept so just generally feeling yuk. Sorry to hear about your IL's thats not very fair. I might not see eye to eye with mine all the time but i cant fault anyone in either of our families for the attention they give my girls.

Not much to say on my front havent left the house today as Molly is still off and weather has been horrendous. I have had visitors though i havent been much company i am in my own zone iykwim. Well take care all and will chat to you soon.

DB - So sorry about DH's dad. Its funny how some people turn out isn't it. Its hard not to take it personally and I am sure it must really hurt your DH. But as you said Caden doesn't care and thats good. By the way love the new photo. They have all changed so much haven't they.

Hoody - sending you big hugs and prayers that you guys start feel well again. As DB said, don't feel you can't post in here. We all have things we need to get off our chest.

Mummy Melz - sorry to hear you guys have all been sick. It certainly seems to be the time of year for it.

We might need to send a search party out for a few. Hoody hopefully you hear back from Limeslice and twinsis. We need to find willow, KRK and belinda too. I'm sure Suse has a lot on at the moment. Heather probably won't be on much over the next few weeks with her travels.

Not much to report here. Still lots of sliding backwards when he wants to go forwards, but thats about it

What a tiny group we are! Still, I don't begrudge it because you ladies are just lovely and it is so nice to be able to keep pace with what's going on.

June - sliding backwards, that's still funny The poor lil things, you just wish they would get it don't you? Caden likes to walk, like I have said, and just doesn't get that he has to hang onto things. He can balance ok holding one of my hands, but really prefers to run his other hand along something else for balance. He is really getting the hang of it though and I don't think it will be long before he can just walk holding one of my hands. He coasts along around the furniture, but TBH he isn't very adventurous, and mainly sticks to the areas that he knows. This is a good thing for the time being as we live in a 3 story townhouse with a spiral staircase that he is yet to discover!

Hoody - I hope you get back into "normal" zone soon enough. Winter is a horrible time to feel isolated and sick. It is so cold and gloomy, and you can't just go for a walk to refresh yourself. As for the ILs, I think the most important thing is that they love their grandkids. I don't personally care whether they do it for me, or see me, etc. It is just that myself and DH both had really great grandparents, and I treasure that relationship with them (in fact, Caden's middle name Rome is after DHs grandma Roma, his father's mother). It is sad that whilst our ILs enjoyed having their children relate to their parents, we wont get the same thing and our kids will miss out on them.

Melz - sick of boogers! Thats funny too. When Caden had the flu I was forever wiping them. It was really funny when he sneazed and they all came flying out. Then he would rub his face and goo would go EVERYWHERE! Luckily it has cleared up. The baby balsam vicks stuff is good to help clear their nose, and apparently you rub it on their feet as well before putting socks on. This is a rumour anyways and it seemed to help. Hoping you all get better soon

Well, busy busy here. Have been doing some portraits on Ebay and selling them, so have made a few extra $ which just seems to be spent on food and petrol these days. Will be going back to work 1 day a week with a consultant friend I know, just to bring in some extra $ and stave off the boredom one day a week. I am going to an ABC childcare centre tomorrow to book in not looking forward to it but I know it has to be done, and I feel it would be better doing it gradually than 3 days all at once, both for Caden and myself. I am also finishing a unit STILL at uni, so hopefully that will be over soon and then I can get on with the rest of my degree .

Well, enough babbling, better do some housework. Have a great week everyone, and all those missing, I hope you are doing ok,

NO MORE BOOGIES IN MY HOUSEHOLD

Feeling 100% better today, but still sick Oh My God, went and did a layby today on xmas pressies at Kmart, Oh my god, i spend $350.00 on pressies just 4 nieces and nephews, (we have 5 nephews and 2 nieces), oh and my lil bro and Sis, so 9 kids, and look at how much i spent, i cant believe how expensive everything is these days, and i still have so much family today and im doing it on a budget,bloody ridiculous, well

Well my Smyley Ryley, is growing up so quick, i dont think it will be too much longer and he will be crawling around, he commando crawls everywhere such a cheeky little boy at the moment, i think it is amazing that everyday they are doing something new..

Hoody - I missed u too, i was eating dinner...I hear ya sister on the family thing, its just so upsetting see how they spoil one grandchild and not the other, but DF's mother has never paid any attention to him,so it just normal 4 DF to see his family like this and its hard for me, coz i have been brought up in such a loving household and everyone gets treated the same way oh well i gotta stop whinging about it coz i can go on and on about it haha How r ur lil girls going are they any better??

DB - i went to the shop and got the Baby Balsam Vicks, so ill try it tonight ans see how my baby goes oh my god, when ryley sneezes they literally go flying out his nose all over the floor, it is the grossess thing ever... So what portraits do u sell on Ebay?? and go u on goin back to work.. i work one day a week on a friday with my sisterinlaw, good money, b ut i dont like leaving bub 4 the day, my nanna has him, she loves it, but i feel weird leaving him, ive been doin it for bout 6 weeks now and im still not used to it but it wat us mummys have to do these days...

Werll gtg, give my boy dinner and bathies, talk later lovely ladies

Melz- Im hearing you on Xmas shopping i have 5 nieces and nephews to buy for plus my friends 2 boys and my own kids it gets very expensive. I have already got my girls a trampoline (its sat in my bedroom haha) so at least they are half done i too have a big Kmart layby and prob a target one too when the toy sale starts. The baby vicks is good stuff i use it lots and the wifes tale about putting it on their feet to stop them coughing seems to work for us. I even do it myself when i am unwell.

DB- Well done on selling stuff on ebay. Do you paint? GL with going to the daycare i hope they make you feel at ease. I have been offered a job with a friend starting in 2 weeks for just 2 days a week. As much as i want to work i dont know if i am willing to put my girls in care they are sick enough without been around other kids all the time. Also having 2 in care will cost me about $80 a day so i have to weigh up if its worth it. Oh i love the pic by the way.

June- at least you have movement Molly doesnt even roll very much. Oh well in her own good time. I havent heard from limeslice and didnt get around to PMing twin sis. Maybe they will pop in soon or i guess its just us 4 for now.

Ok i'm still in a bit of a zone but feeling a bit brighter today. My sis had my girls for an hour here for me today so i could do some food shopping. Apart from the bill at the end i actually enjoyed it. I came home to a trashed house as my sis has 3 kids but it was worth my hours peace. Molly seems a little better today which is good and DD1 is well so i'm hoping in a day or two we will be a healthy household again. DH knows i am a bit down so has been lovely the last couple of day (well he is always lovely but he has been very considerate) Ok well i've rambled enough today.

Just a quickie - gotta go eat dinner and do some study for a uni test I have tomorrow.

The ABC was really great, the ladies are lovely and it has a nice atmosphere. A little boy who apparently doesnt like strangers came over to play with us, so that was a nice ego boost! I think CAden has alpha male vibes already.

He is SO active, I can't believe he is 9 months old!! My baby boy is getting so big. Almost 10 kilos and walking so fast now, he even pushes the laundry basket around. Not too long I think before he will get the hang of going solo, but like you say Hoody, all in good time!

Well, best get some work done, wish me luck!

DB - Thats good to here about ABC Daycare, ABC are one of the best, my twin bro and Sis went they for 3 years and they loved it, and the good thing there is all the girls are qualified, unlike sum daycares where there not Cant believe ur bubba is walking at 9 moths, u must definietly have ur hands full... well Ryley is in his walker and goes like a bull at the gate, this morning he went up to the TV and pulled all the magazine sout and remotes sucked on them they thru them on the floor, then was pushing on the foxtel button, little bugger he is, and then a month ago, i caught him in the cutlery, lucky it only had gladwrap and alfoil and not knifes, im thinking its time to Ryley proof my kitchen I just cant believe how quick they really do grow up, that just dont stay babies long enough

Hoody - Yeh i have been doin the baby viks, it seems to be going great, i just cant get over the price of baby stuff, i think when they put the word baby on a product they double th price, like normal vicks was $4.5o and Baby Vicks was $6.99... its so crazy im goin to go to Target and do a BIG layby there, i looked on there site and they have really good toys there hehe i have spend so much on Ryley but its his bday before Chrissy anyway.... so thats my exuse

Well my date was a lil eventful, i did an awesome food shop, i found everything i need was on special woohoo love it when that happens, and i cooked 3 meals today, dinner tonight, Dinner tomorrow night (coz dont get home from work till 6pm after i pick Rye up) and cook Ryes dinner for 2 weeks, so i had a proactive day haha but not a good night, Ryely is still so sick, he has been on antibiotics for 5 days and he is getting worse, THE BOOGERS ARE BACK!!!!! and i think he has tonsilitis, he wont drink any bottles and when he does he powerchucks, so to the doctors im goin tomorrow, so im not going to work oh poor me haha
    Sorry girls i really need to whinge ay have a poo night....

Hope u all had a good day and night

Ciao Bellas

LOL Melz, he is not yet walking, mainly cruising and pushing things along or walking holding my hand. Very cute, but still dependent on me mostly. Wont be too long before he is off by himself though, then I will have my work cut out for me!

DB - oh ok, i get u, but still thats walkin, oh how cute, he will be OFFFF before u no it and then u will def have ur hands full haha
    I think Ryely will be an early walker and i dont think he'll crawl, i think he'll walk before.. he was rolling over by himself at 4 weeks and commando crawlin at 6 weeks, my lil man is so advanced for being 4 weeks prem, u would have never known Is Caden crawling?? My newphew, Well call "Johnson" is 3 days younger than Rye and Ryely can like hold his own bottle, sit on his own give u kisses, and put arms up for u to pick him up, but Johnson cant do any of it and and i think its more because they dont take time to play and teach... its so amazing how fast they pick things up

Hey Melz,
    It so depends on the child. Caden started crawling at 8 months. He just never liked tummy time and would roll himself back onto his back to get off his tummy! Some pals I know were all concerned and said I should try heaps more things to get him to stay on his tummy, as it is best for development. However, I feel that it is like trying to make them grow teeth faster - they are pre-wired for certain things, and as long as I didn't discourage his development, then he would do things at his own pace, that has been pre-wired genetically. I feel I was right, because as soon as he started liking tummy time, he was off! And now he is HEAPS more active than my pal's bub, so it just goes to show doesn't it?

I have learned that it is best to open them up to as many developmental opportunities and experiences as possible, but let them go at their own pace and not pressure them. Some bubs are just more naturally precocious - which sounds like Ryley! He sounds like a star It must be lovely to be able to interact with him so well. Caden doesn't kiss (unless it is with lots of dribbles) but he does play peekaboo, claps MY hand, reaches for everything in site, talks alot, and is generally very strong on his feet. Other bubs are better than him at some things, and not as good at others, so it just goes to show how individual they are!

Well, I did my test today and it went well. I am sure I passed anyway. I have an exam on Monday, then only one more assessment piece to go, then the unit is complete! (then only 4 more units to go, then I graduate ). Still, better get some study done before then...

Seeyas!

Hey DB,
    when Rye was born he was a tummy baby, would sleep during the day on his tummy and at night on his back, only coz i was worried about the hole sids thing, but now, im lucky if he will go on his tummy, and when he does he rolls straight over and he turns it into a gmae of goin back and forwards, he has always been strong on his legs tho, and im not one to push him to do stuff and be better than his age, im have to teach him but no push him, and im big on the hole he'll do it hwne he can... His new thing he is doing at the moment, is takin ghis socks of, which is no good, because it is so freakin cold and his toes get cold..

So what r u studying?? so who looks after caden when ur doing test and study?? also go u for studying, thats so awesome Do u find it hard being a mum and studying?? how often do u go all that stuff?? tell me all
    i want to go to UNI, i really want to be a midwife, but i think how do u study (well find time too) when ur a mum, plus we wont to eventually have anyother baby, then ill have to stop studying so all these decisions to weigh up on, its all to hard

We went to the doctor today and Rye has a thraoat infection, his chest has gotten better, but its his throat now, its like one thing after another at the moment.. he actually drining his bottles today, so he isnt so dehydrated, but still diarrhea... poor bubba...

Well g2g i have to cook dinner, haing ppl over for tea, so i better run...

Ciao
    xXxXxX

Hey Melz,
    I am studying Psychology at uni. I started a double degree in Commerce and Psych when I was 23 and did it full time for 3 years, then went part time, finished off the Commerce degree, and now have a few units left of the Psych before I finish that. So in a way, I am kind of cheating, as I have not really done a whole degree as such, just finishing off. I have 4 units to go which hopefully will be completed by the end of next year.

It is hard studying with bub, that's for sure! At the end of the day you are so tired and exhausted from running around all day and being constantly in demand, that the last thing you want is to hook into a book about Spearman's G and Anova tests and Chi Square (yik). But I guess I push myself because I don't have long to go. If it is something you really want to do, you find the time and you love it. If I had my time again I would love to be a doctor or a midwife or something. I sort of got focussed a bit later in life, and really I still don't know where I want to go. That is why I figured I will finish the Psych degree, then with 2 degrees under my belt I may have more options! I am sure I will always want to do something that I can't, like being a doctor or something. Sometimes you put the dream aside to be realistic.

Have you thought about being a Doula? My SIL wanted to be a MW but she is a mum to 3 kiddies, so has difficulty finding the time also. I suggested to her about Doula training, cos then it is the first and easier step to midwifery, and enables you to earn some $ while continuing your study. Just a thought anyways...

Well, gotta go clean the house before the rellies come (and might slip in a cuppa also )

Have a great day everyone!

Hello Ladies

I'm gonna cheat and not do personals as i have a ROTTEN headache. DD1 went to nanna's for a sleep over last night so we went to friends for the evening but didnt get home to 1am i only had Tea to drink but feel hungover which isnt very fair Must be the late night though. I am also struggling with AF. Since having Molly its been a bit haywire but this month has really thrown me. TMI- i started last sun 13th but wasnt due til the 16th i spotted for a day then stopped then started again on tues after dtd. Then again stopped after a day then started yesterday like i never have b4. I'm soooo heavy and crampy and for me its really unusual. The thought of an early MC has even crossed my mind but i just dont know. DH has been good i didnt get up til 11am today as i have felt so yuk. Enough about me.

Molly is still has her cough from the bronchialitis but otherwise is in good health She is back to her sleeping through and 2 nice day sleeps for now which is nice. Her feeding is also back to normal with 3-4 milk feeds a day and 3 solid meals. We are slowly increasing the finger foods which she loves but boy can be messy. She is still a lazy bones but yesterday on the floor was rolling more and even moved backward (well unless DD1 had moved her when my back was turned ) Well enjoy your weekends and i will do personal next time

Take Care
    xx

Hoody - bummer about AF. Personal question, are you using contraception? (dont' answer if TMI). I am on the mini-pill, and haven't had AF yet anyway. The thought of pregnancy crossed my mind when CAden went off the boobie. But I thought, what are the chances? Breastfeeding, no AF, and pill, so it must be a million to one. But still... I feel fine now though, so am sure it is not pg which is good because THAT would blow DHs socks off! Considering we rarely DTD these days anyway

OK, gotta put bub down again as he is standing up in his cot watching me

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast