Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2007 #4

DB- gotta be quick as we have friends here! I have just escaped the madness for a minute as i am still not feeling 100%. With re to contraception NO i am not using anything. We dont DTD all too often these days only 5-6 times a month and we use condoms or TMI if we are been lazy then DH will pull out so thats why i thought there could be a chance.

Ah Hoody, 5-6 times a month - my DP would be in heaven!!

Sorry I've been so absent, I keep popping in, intending to write, then something (or someone) drags me away and it doesn't happen. So if no-one minds the lack of proper personals, except to say I do think about you guys and love to hear how you are all doing, (oh, and welcome to MummyMelz too!!), then I'll update you on how monster boy is doing.

Eating: almost anything. From being a little fussy and giving it up for a while, he now devours whatever I shovel into his gaping maw. Except pumpkin by itself. Still on mashed vegies and fruit only, avocado and banana the outright favourite, going to try meat sometime in the next week or so. Waiting till 9 months to try pasta/wheaten stuff.

Teething: we finally have a tooth!! After five months of teething, one has come through - we have a razor sharp little pointy thing which has not yet made its acquaintance with my nipple, thank goodness. The other one is obviously not far behind as he is still chewy and drooly.

Moving: not crawling, as such, but has this abstract (and quite complicated when you think about it) method of locomotion which involves pulling himself onto hands and knees, then onto bum, then rolling sideways back onto hands and knees, crawling backwards a few steps or sometimes even forwards, then repeating the whole thing and spinning around the room like a weird ungainly top. It works for him, but although I've told him that crawling would actually be much simpler as he could get from A to B without having to travel the entire alphabet in between, he won't have a bar of it.

He is pulling himself up onto things and thinks that he's oh so clever for doing so. He can pull himself to squatting, but only to standing if the object he's pulling himself up with is low enough. I reckon he might be cruising before he crawls...

Vital statistics: Boofhead. Dunno about weight and height but he's big and strong and beats his mother up. DB, I laughed about Caden being an alpha bub - I think Euan has those tendencies too. He just beats all the other babies at mum's group up though. He likes to poke them in the eyes. I can see him turning into one of those kids who steals the other kids' lunch money and gives them all wedgies.

Talking: in the last few days this kid just won't shut up. Dunno where he gets it from.
    Possibly because his grandma is here he has a captive audience who doesn't spend her days at the computer. But for whatever reason he has been incredibly talkative lately. He wakes in the night to have a chat with the walls.

Should go, his lord and mastership is calling...

Suse- lovely to hear from you. DP's just dont get why we arent all that interested in DTD are they. My DH would have more and thinks he doesnt get nearly enough. I dont write it down or anything silly but i make an effort to give him some kind of attention twice a week (if i can). The main reason i make an effort is when DD1 was born he got a bit jealous of all the attention she got when he got none I'd be happy with just going to bed to sleep lol. Euan sounds like he us doing so well.

DB, june & Mel i am missing you (and everyone else of course)

Well not much to tell here. No real exciting news both girls are doing well and very healthy Had a busy weekend but a nice one we had a big family day on sun which was lovely. Hope you are all well

Sorry I went MIA. Have been going a little crazy here. My brother-in-law is coming to stay for 2 months from the end of next week and I am trying to get a room organised for him. It was the junk room, throw things in and close the door room so it needs a huge cleanout. I am stressing a little. Plus it looks like I might be going to the US in September, as DH is going over for work. So I have heaps to do before going back to work, which will now be the first week of October. So I will be in and out a bit I think

Nothing new to report here. Jacob is sleeping better, still up twice a night, but settling back fairly easily. I think he might be trying to drop a day sleep as well, but I'm not sure if he is really ready for only one sleep a day yet. We shall see.

Hoody - my DP understands why I have no interest in DTD, but it doesn't stop him from trying to see if I may have changed my mind

Arrrgh, another tooth is on its way I think.

Hello All,
    Have been MIA also, did a test for uni on Friday, then crammed all weekend, even with DHs birthday lunch on Saturday, to finish the exam on Monday. Caden is also teething (when will it end? ) so I have averaged 5 hours sleep per night for the last 4 nights or so. AND we all got a bit of a tummy bug, so needless to say I am not sure if I did very well on my exam. One question I answered I hadn't even read the info on, just thought I would wing it . At least it is over with . Now, just onto the assignment...

Hoody - as for DTD, DH "gets it" once a week, I really have to psych myself up for it. I would love twice a week, but never get around to it. I, like you, would just prefer the sleep . Again might be TMI but it is quite "sensitive" down there and takes alot of work to feel the same as it did before, IYKWIM? I had a 2nd degree tear, so that still plays up. I have heard that once I stop bf, it should get better. We shall see

Suse - Yay for the tooth! I have the second two bottom ones coming through, the skin is almost translucent and so so tight, but it is yet to cut. It has taken since last Friday so hopefully the pressure will ease soon once they have cut . It is driving us crazy and am so over the screaming baby.

June - glad to hear Euan is settling better at night. Caden has been up a fair bit lately as well on account of the teething. It took 3 hours last night to settle him and about 2 hours the night before. After I had tried for 2 hours, I asked DH to have a go. He just said "he is hungry" and I'm like "I have just fed him!!", then he says "it doesn't work for me" and again I reply "I have tried for the last 2 hours so it isn't working for ME EITHER!!". I mean really the man can be so frustrating.

Well, like I said, teething and grumpy bub. Started baby gym again today and DH came because he is on holidays for 2 weeks, so that was really nice. It is nice that he gets to be part of the fun stuff, not the hard stuff all the time.

Better go get some sleep and this bub sleeps through and gives his mumma and dadda a break.

Default Oh what a night!

Hello all,
    For the 4th night in a row I have only had 5 hours sleep My poor bubba with his teeth. Just after I finished the post last night and jumped into bed, he started, and didn't stop for an hour and a half! I must have been drunk dry, not that he was hungry, but just wanted to suck. Mind you, he pretty much sucks/chews, which is a bit uncomfortable, but must feel good on his little gums.

I have just gotten him down again this morning after a 3 hour wake time between 6 and 9. I don't think he will be down long so need to go get a cuppa and relax for the half hour or so break .

Hope you have all had a better night,

DB- I hope you get some sleep tonight I dont know how you live on 5hrs a night i know i couldnt. I have trouble getting up in the morning even with 8hrs under my belt. DH has to drag me out of bed when he leaves for work at 8-8.30. He has started getting the girls up for me which is lovely. GL with all the uni stuff must be a relief to only have the assignment left.

June- You do sound busy. Some days Molly will only have one day sleep where she will go down about 11 and sleep for 4-5hrs then still go to bed on time. I try to give her 2 though as i think she still needs it. But they are all diff.

Suse- have you always been a mod? i just noticed. If its a new thing congrats.

Well all well here i'm super organised today as i havent left the house- its not stopped raining. Its just gone 4pm and both girls are bathed and in PJ's already. We will have an early tea then i'm hoping by 6ish they will both be in bed and i can take Maggie for a walk. Thats right walking the dog in the rain i must be mad I am feeling a bit frumpy so i figure getting out and walking will help me feel better.

Hey Girls,
    Sorry ive been mssing in action, i have just been so flat out lately and now im going to be even busier, i am now looking after my bro and sis (7 years old) after skewl, tiring but its what i have to do but its only two hours an afternoon, so i guess its no too bad haha

Suse - Hi, and thanx 4 the welcome Euan is gorgeous, whats his DOB??? Well Ryely has 7 teeth, and really didnt winge much at all and i barely used bonjela, i guess al bubs are differnet, but congrats on the tooth, i no hepas of babies older than Ryley (like 100 and 11 months) with no teeth hehe

June - so good Jacob is sleepin better must be easier on u!!! and YAY for the US, u lucky thing i need help too, i have two junk rooms, Well one is DF's Drum room and ones the spare room, thats not so much a spare room, but i turned it into a BIG junk room, but its so weird on how much we rely on a junk room, well hope it all goes well cleaning it out, u will feel so much better once its done, so how cum ur BIL is staying (if u dont mind me asking)????

Hoody - Sorry i no i have been missing in action, been so busy,Well my DF, must be the luckiest man alive we DTD every night and twice a night, if i have energy, some nights, i do just roll over and sleep or i like to just watch TV.. but i could easily go wif out it tho haha

DB - Opsssss just realised i noever wrote back to ur thread on 19th July Sorry babe, i will now rely haha WOW for u!!! that so rocks, u can studying and be a mum, two thumbs up for u hunee!!! i no eactly what u mean, u focused a lil bit later on in life, i want to definietly be a midwife, but i see it as, i have so much time to study, i am only 21, and once Rye and if we have anymore kids and they go to skewl, im still going to be quiet young, so for now, im going to concerntrate on my baby and go from there, i guess it will all fall in place in the future... oh u poor thing, i dont no why we werent just born with teeth already cut through haha how much easier would life be, but u poor thing, u must be so tired and wif studying and no sleep oh i dont no how u do it... SUPER MUM UR!!!!

I have been thinking really hard over the last few days if i wont another baby (not no, but in a year or two), spoke to DF and he said he is quiet happy with just Ryley but if i want to we will have another.... i seen my new lil nephew on Monday and im really clucky, so i have decided that i REALLY REALLY REALLY want another baby and i think i will try when rye is 2yo, so i can start trying in 17 months... oh so excited YAY FOR ME!!!!

Well i hope u r all good Ciao Bellas
    xXxXxXx

Gorgeous ticker Mel! I love that pic of rye

Hey Hoody

Yeah i couldnt get a pic on my other ticker, so thought i would find one where i could add a pic my baby boy in the bath, he loves his bath time, and i make sure everynight he has one, its his favourite thing, When he was a wee lil baby and be wingy and i coudnt stand the whinging, i would give him a bath, so i had 5 mins to think and then he would be as good as gold

Ciao Bewtiful

Cute pic Mel! Euan's DOB is 28/11/07.

Hoody - I only got modded yesterday, so no, haven't always been one. You lot better behave now, I've got my eye on you.

DB - hope you have a good night tonight. E has his second tooth coming up now, I shudder to think how many of them will come through before this teething lark is over.

June - wow! So will you be posting in an American accent?

E has started crawling. And standing up. Heaven help me...

Suse congrats on becoming on a mod thats fabulous!! Wow on Euan moving. I am scared just thinking about Jacob doing that.

Mummy Melz - love the pic. We love bathtime here too. Only they aren't very relaxing, more of a chance to saturate the whole bathroom as he kicks like crazy Wow you certainly are busy. I don't know who any of you manage to look after other kids (although I guess you just do). I have enough trouble finding time to do things with only one child in the house.

DB - praying you get some more sleep. It seems like it never ends when they are teething. I will probably be joining you with the sleepless nights soon as Jacob has just started teething again in the last couple of days too, so looks like the fun is starting again. I wonder how long these will take to come through.

Hoody - hope you had fun walking Maggie in the rain. It is pouring here at the moment and my two dogs are looking very forlorn at the back door at the moment. I don't even want to go out to check the letterbox its that wet.

Hello Ladies

Have any of your bubs had temps with teething? DD1 always did and always got sick every time she cut a new tooth. Molly doesnt have any through yet but has been teething for ages. Yesterday and today she has had temps up to 39.4 but in her self appears well. Her bottom gums are REALLY swollen and she is a bit clingy but otherwise seems fine. Everytime her panadol wears off up creeps the temp again. If its still going on tomo i will take her to Dr's but just wondering what other ppl opinion on teething and temps are. I know they say teething alone shouldnt cause a temp but with DD1 she always got one. She is still sleeping, eating and weeing/pooing fine so i am not too worried iykwim but of course if there is something going on i will take her to GP tomo.

Molly is sitting really well now and def moving more though still not crawling. She does move backwards a little bit though. Poor baby i know she isnt behind but when i think back to DD1 or see other bubs the same age and on the move i feel a bit sorry for her. I know she will do it in her own time and as i always say it is easier when they dont move but somewhere inside me i really want her to keep up with the pack iykwim.

Well i hope you are all well and have had good weekends.

I'm back!
    Hello all you lovely ladies. I have been so busy lately, not to mention the computer got a virus so have been down and out for the last couple of days. DH has managed to get it up to some semblance of normality, but for how much longer I am not sure so I am getting in when I can.

Lots going on, but first, personals...

Melz - uni isn't so hard normally, I have found it quite stressful though with a bub. My usual style of studying is waiting until the last minute when the pressure is enough to motivate me into action, then I just hit the books, pull an all-nighter, and score a distinction! Can't do that with a bub, particularly one that decides to cut teeth right when I am trying to cram in the study. As it is, I passed my exam, which is worth the most marks, so that is a relief. Still, I have the assignment to go. As for another bub, DH is actually talking as if he doesn't want another, but I want 2 more. Our comprimise has always been having 2 kids, but he is still struggling with being a dad. The other day we ran into a guy that has a 1 year old, and he mentioned what a struggle it was. I thought it was good for DH to hear, as all he gets from our friends is how much the sunshines out of their baby's nappy area, and DH feels a bit down because he is not really enjoying it that much. I keep telling him it will get better, and that all dads feel a bit lost in the first year - babies are mainly for mummies

Hoody - as for the temp, Caden might get up to 38 degrees, but not much higher. I use panadol and nurofen to manage it - nurofen lasts a bit longer. In most of the books Ihave read it says that teething wont cause a fever, just a mild fever of 37.5. Therefore Molly might have an ear infection which is causing the higher temp. I hope the teeth come through soon! They are so painful the poor things.

Suse - Wow a moderator! Well done!LOL about having your eye on us, we don't say much anyways! Yay for the crawling and standing up. I think Caden became a lot happier when he could crawl and stand and coast along. He has his independence now, and although I have to keep an eye on him as he is facinated by all things hazardous, it is easier than trying to entertain him all day.

June - Yeah, finally got some sleep after a week of grizzling! The tooth finally cut on Thursday, so we have had quite a blissful few days. The other bottom one is just cutting now and doesn't seem to be causing too much trouble, so maybe it is harder with the combined movement of both teeth? Now that one is through, maybe the other will be easier?? Fingers crossed...

As for us, have had a busy week. Caden has been good all weekend, but for a whole week last week was a bit of a night mare. In a way it was good DH was home on holidays cos it would have been hard work without him, but a bit sad for DH to have a crying baby all week Anyways, it is over now and we now have 6 teeth, 3 on the bottom and 3 on the top with the other two definitely on their way. I think after the 8 are out we should be ok for a while? "they" say around 12-18 months for the molars, so hopefully we get a bit of a break.

As for DTD, for us I make an effort once a week *blush*. It is not that I am not interested, just hard to get the time and energy. Wow Melz, your DH is a LUCKY man! Every night, my gosh!

We have been looking at display homes cos we want to build in a years time. All weekend we have been driving around and looking through homes. Caden has been an angel and charms all the real-estate people It is so lovely dreaming about a big home, currently we live in a triple-story, 100m2 townhouse and it is getting a bit cramped with baby stuff around. Also it is open plan, so we can see the bottom floor from the top - a bit scary with a bub who thinks he can walk and wants to climb down the stairs! I don't want to be pregnant again with a bedroom on the top floor and the toilet down the bottom

Caden is doing so well, he is becoming so interesting and interactive. He now coasts along the furniture and walls really quickly. He climbs up the chairs, then moves across as far as he can go, then will pop back onto the floor and crawl to the next climing point! It is so damn cute I just love watching him. He is so much more confident on his feet and I am able to get some stuff done without worrying that he will fall (too much). He is eating really well, still having a night feed, but I don't mind that. He says "dad" in context now, but "mum" indiscriminatly. He has a really good pincer grip and is quite happy with finger foods at the moment - usually a finger food snack for lunch. I have also began giving him normal food, such as last nights spaghetti, etc, I just cook it without the herbs and spices, then spice it up once it is served. It is easier than trying to think up yummy foods each night. Oh, and he walks along holding one of my hands, and is fairly confident with that

...ok, no more bragging! It is just nice to be able to mention how he is doing and hear how other bubs are going.

Well, I think I am up to date, might go grab a cuppa before the lil fella wakes up.

Sorry I wasn't around over the weekend. Headed up to Townsville to visit the in-laws, always an interesting experience!! We were expecting a fairly warm weekend, but go up there at the first night it went down to 11 degrees, which was not at all fun in a house that is built to deal with warm days not cold ones, plus DH's parents leave all the windows open all the time, so the place was like an icebox. I am really not sure what they were thinking. I got up to feed Jacob in the middle of the night and he put his hand on my stomach and it was like a little icecube. Jacob flew really well but showed that he doesn't like his routine changed as he was very clingy the whole of the first day. He didn't let me out of his sight and there were no smiles for anyone for ages. I felt bad for DH's parents and his sisters, as they don't get to see him alot and I guess I wanted him to be at his best for them. He also slept really badly. Its like he was reacting to the strange cot and the strange room. He would wake up with almost a terrified wail. But he did settle down after the first day and he was much better.

Looks like the top two teeth are almost through the gum now as well. I am hoping they aren't going to go too slowly. So far we have had a couple of awful days with him teething, but not like the 3 month teething period we had with the first lot of teeth.

DB - Yay 6 teeth now. I know they have been little buggers coming through, but they seem to be coming a bit quicker now which is great. How exciting looking at display homes. I know how scary the whole staircase thing is. I live in a split level house so have two internal stair cases. I am really not looking forward to that when Jacob decides to start moving properly. I can't believe how well Caden is moving for you that is great. That he is starting to talk too. Jacob is giving us lots of bubububbubs and mumumums, but not in context. Still not dadadads, which I am working on.

Hoody - we haven't had temps with teething here. It is possible she might have an ear infection. Talking to my sister-in-laws over the weekend and most of their babies got ear infections when they were teething. Oh and don't feel bad that Molly isn't moving. Jacob really don't seem at all interested in it. We do have a bit of sliding backwards on the wooden floors, but he is much more content to just sit and play (well as long as I am in sight )

Hope everyone else is well.

OMG OMG OMG We have our first tooth Ok so prob not that exciting to everyone but with all the teething poor Molly has done its about time. Its only just through but IT is def there. I dont think her other one is too far away either. Also my other little brag is she can now clap. Still not moving but after seeing my CHN i'm not worried as she is not behind she is doing well. She will sit unattended for almost an hour now before wanting to be picked up but will only last a minute on her tummy....Lazy bones i tell ya Still doing the same things with sleep and food so not much to tell there.

June- its comforting to know that Jacob is not too fussed about moving either. Hope you enjoyed your time with you IL's even if it was cold.

DB- I cant believe how much Caden is doing YAY for you both it must be lovely. He sounds very similar to Mia at that age. By 9 months Mia was walking holding hands and coasting around however she still actually didnt walk alone til almost 14 months. Molly says Mumumumum but only when she is grumpy and not really in context but will say Dadadadad when she is happy.

Ok ladies hoping you all have a good week.

Hoody - it is interesting as everyone says Caden will be walking soon. He kind of lept ahead really quickly, from being almost the last bub in my mothers group to crawl, to now being one of the most mobile. Even now he stands by himself for a few seconds, or will slap his one hand on a surface while balancing there for a bit. He will walk holding the laundry basket with one hand, which is so cute until he runs it into a wall or something (doesn't know how to steer yet ). Sometimes when he is walking holding my hands, there is hardly any pressure there, like I am more for reassurance or something. I do hope he will walk soon TBH as I think he will be happier to be able to get to places faster. He just likes being upright and is so keen on trying to walk. Here's hoping I guess (may live to regret this...). Yay on the tooth by the way!

June - sorry to hear bubs was unsettled. They are definitely going through a real "precious" phase at present. Just the other day I had my mum and sis over and he was really clingy and whingy, even in his own home. I was surprised cos normally he is ok, but the separation anxiety kind of comes and goes I think.

As for us, Caden had his first day in daycare today He did SO well, and was playing happily when I left him. I phoned twice and once he was asleep, the other playing again and had eaten lunch, so that made me feel heaps better. I can't believe how much I missed him though and was so excited to see him at the end of the day! It was almost a physical ache which only eased when I saw his little face smiling at me. I am glad it went well, I am sure not everyday will be as easy, but at least I know he is in good hands. It was also nice to get some work done and be a "professional" for a while, even though there was plenty of baby talk to go around!

He has also gone up to the Toddler nappy size, my lil baby is becoming a lil boy! The others were just getting too small and having too many explosions.

Also, one tooth almost through again, so that will make 7. This one doesn't seem to bother him that much though, whew!

Ok, gotta go join DH in bed now, signing off!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast