... 51314151617 ...

thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

just thought i would pop in quickly....

3rd tooth is through...up all night thinking he was sick....and stayed home today..only to find out NOTHING is wrong with him except for his teeth!!!!! 4th is on its way aswell....
    up on hands and knees now rocking...still commando crawling....

eating me out of house & home!!!!

Jan 2008
    Queensland

Happy 7months Bianca, Lara turned 7 months on Tuesday. Geez, where have the last 7 months gone? They've just flown by.

HJ - Glad B's christening went well. I still haven't done anything about organising Lara's yet. I must get onto it.

Jan 2008

Oh my jorda is 8 months.. well real age since being premie.. -6.5 weeks... and yup pulling herself up in the bath......

I am so not ready for such a mover!! She is super fast crawler as it is.. but now... pulling herself up on things standing there holding on.. gets so excited and falls over on the floor boards.. GREAT!

May 2008
    Hervey Bay, QLD

HJ - glad the Christening went well. Nice to get gifts too!

Happy 7 months Bianca & Lara! Happy 8 months Jorda!

Liam is pulling himself up onto EVERYTHING now, and is starting to move around a little while standing. He's experimenting with holding on with just 1 hand, holding the other way out to the side and twists around to see if I'm looking. Very cute. And he loves holding onto 1 thing then being able to reach out and hold onto another item. I'm seeing an early walker in my future. In my head, I'll prefer that coz crawling and cruising involves more getting into stuff where walkers entertain themselves by walking... Right? Right?! He's gonna look so funny though - little bald thing that he is toddling around everywhere.

I've had a rather painful couple of days. have had an ear infection since last Friday which got worse on Monday and has been excruciating at times. Went to the doc (yet another one!! My new one wasn't available for a week!!!!! Did get squeezed in somewhere where they don't usually take new clients and got another good doc - who's just a few streets away!) and got antibiotics and ear drops. Then last night managed to burst my eardrum. Oh the pain!! Anyway, managing ok now on ibuprofen - I know you're supposed to avoid it when you're breastfeeding, but the MW's suggested it after my cs and panadol just ISN'T working. So far Liam doesn't seem to be showing any signs of any probs from it. The other good news is the ear infection's not actually contagious and Liam is fine. Well, apart form the small cold he and I both have, but that's not much.

Hope you're all having fun out there in baby land.

Aug 2007

Happy 7mths Angus and Lara

Happy 8mths Jorda

Yep where has the time gone? anyone started thinking about 1st bday parties yet and what they might do?

1stbub27 - hahaha thats so funny as of yesterday Bianca started doing that also - pretty scary when they decide to let go - soon they will be letting go and taking their first steps! oh that brings tears to my eyes!!!
    thats terrible about the ear ache - i havent had one of them for ages and dont want one! not very nice - i hope u start to feel better real soon!

didi - does she cry when she falls over - i know with B if we dont make a big deal of it she wont cry unless she has really hurt herself - but if we make a big deal than she puts onthe water works, and milks us for heaps of cuddles!!

Leigh - chop chop on to organising the christenings - the sooner u get it done the sooner u can move on to organising 1st bday! hehehe or u could do it all combined! big day that wil be tho!

fluff - noooooo not a 4th tooth on the way - we dont even have 1!!!!

Blizz - yah for the success on the solids! try him on mashed potato - he will love it!!! hehehe

BIG hellos to everyone else!

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Any of you gorgeous ladies going to the Melbourne get together next weekend??

May 2008
    Hervey Bay, QLD

Oooh I wish I could go! Most of my family's in Melb and I've just been looking at some really cheap airfares. You're all trying to lure me there! but no can do.

1st birthday.. I admit i've been keeping my eye on party paraphernalia. But no real thoughts about it yet. Have you thought about any themes or anything HJ?

Aug 2007

fluff -no i cant make the meet up either!

1stbub - yeah i have kinda been thinking of it and i think im going to go for a "Disney Princess" theme! hehehe but maybe she is still a bit young for that?

Hey which reminds me - i have been hunting down "tinkerbell" removable wall stickers - i have found a few sites that sell them but they are either sold out or dont post to Aus - has anyone seen them around anywhere???

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

hey girls!

update - Mia and I went to the QEC Sleep Clinic on tuesday as she was still sleeping in our bed and having to be rocked to sleep. Well im very happy to say, shes in her cot and has been for every sleep and the past 3 nights she has slept in there ALL night. It has lifted alot of stress off me.
    She has cheese and vegemite (seperate) sandwiches yesterday and chucked up a fair bit after it. I think it was the cheese, so i wont be giving her that for a little while. Shes growing like mad. Crawling around like mad, i spend most of the day chasing her around and saying "no Mia, dont touch"lol . she pulls (pushes) herself up to sit now. She likes sitting.

Harmony - have u looked on ebay???

hey to everyone else xoxoxo

Sep 2005
    Crazytown

Just a quick one, Julian now has 5 teeth and is nearly crawling his up on his knees all the time now. I've got bad tonsilitis and we're moving house this weekend so will have no net until next Friday hope fully. Cody is going to be 3 on Tuesday. Ok better be off and do some cleaning.

Jan 2008

Jorda when she falls over, she cries as its floor boards. Ben is helpful at getting her up!

But she is standing in the bathtub and hanging on to the sides.

Nov 2008
    NSW Mid North Coast

HI everyone,
    Just a quick one. I had my kidney operation on Thursday and am drugged up and in alot of pain still but glad to be home.
    Olive has coped really well. My mum and DH have looked after her while I was in hospital and she has been a good bubba. She has 5 teeth now with a sixth very close and she can clap hands now! It's sooo cute!!! and she kisses as of a couple of days ago so a few big things have happened. Olive is also saying Nan now as well as mum and bub but still won't say daddy. She is pulling herself up heaps. We are teaching her how to wave now. Anyway will post properly when i'm feeling better

Jan 2008
    Queensland

Hi Girls,

OM - Hope your recovery is quick from your operation & you're feeling better in no time. Wow Olive is a clever little bub clapping. I really must start trying to teach Lara.

Amanda - Good luck with the moving. Hope the rest of your family doesnt get tonsilitis. Sounds like Julian will be crawling in no time.

Hollye - Great news the sleep school went well for you. Bet you are so glad that Mia is now sleeping in her cot I bet it is a big weight lifted off your shoulders.

HJ - I haven't really started thinking of Lara's 1st bday party yet. Yeah i probably should start organising the christening soon otherwise it might end up on the same day as her party.

Nothing much is happening around here, after a slow start Lara is starting to enjoy her solids. She is still on 4 bottles a day as well but she has started mucking around drinking some of them so isn't finishing all of them. Still only has her 2 front bottom teeth but I am pretty sure more are on their way.

Gotta go, to everyone I have missed & hope you all are having a great weekend!

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

wow look at all these bubba's teeth! Mia still has none..... not even a bump.... mayb she wont get teeth?? lol. tho i was over 12 months b4 i got my first tooth and now i have too many lol

Jan 2008

Hey girls!!

Hope everyone is well!! And babies are not too sick from this flu/cold going around this winter.
    Mine are sick still but they will get better soon I hope.

28 days till Canada and counting! i cant wait and my sis is having her first baby in 2 months so i cant wait!!!

QUESTION-Do you serve your babies milk warm, or cold? do you heat it up or give it at room temp?
    When serving mushy solids do you heat it up as well or serve as is?

Feb 2008
    Country Victoria

Mia has her bottles warm. If its not warm enough she wont drink it.

as for solids... if i cook her dinner from scratch its already warm. If its out of a jar, i warm it up but with fruit, yogurt etc, its cold. is that what u mean?

Jan 2008
    Queensland

In regards to milk and food I am the same as Hollye, I warm the milk (the only exception is when we are out and about, I add the formula to room temp water in the bottles). Food she eats warm except fruit from the jar, its room temp.

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

bottles are warm (fairly warm too!!! otherwise he won't drink it!)
    when out we take warmish/hot water with us...and make up bottle as above.

food....yes his food is warmed (usually eats ours anyways) and yoghurt he will eat cold (straight from fridge)

... 51314151617 ...