Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

wow ive missed alot -

Must be quick tho sorry if i miss out on replying to something

Hollye - i have looked on ebay but to be honest ebay confuses me!
    and woohoo on Mia moving to her cot - that is fantastic!

Amanda - 5 TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy moly!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope u get better soon! and wow Cody is 3 on tuesday!!! what have u got planned?

OM - hurry up and get better xo

didi - i give B her milk warm - she wont take it anyother way - glad she isnt the only one tho- and since i make her solids they too are also heated up! except of course if its fruit or sandwiches and yohurt etc

AFU - we lowered Bianca's bed today - was soooo sad!!!!

Thanks ladies.

I am going to try and get Jorda to learn to have her food cold/room temp. As when we are travelling etc its hard to get milk or water warm or hot all the time.

I will see how I go.

didi - have u thought about getting a car bottle warmer? when it comes to solids, i think she will eat it no matter the temp when shes hungry.

Not the greatest night lastnight... Mia woke up 5 times. Its so much harder getting up to her than it was when she was right next to me. But i didnt give in and put her in the bed....

Mayb teeth? she doesnt seem to have anything else wrong with her. Her cheeks are quite red tho. I really dont know *shrugs*. How long do these sleepless night go on for before a tooth usually comes through?

Hollye hun....it can go on for ages!!!!! Jack has been waking for near the last week EVERY night at 10 pm!!!! and only since his top tooth came through and now we are waiting on his other top tooth!!!! still plenty more horrid teething nights/experiences to go...bubas are only little still...and lots more teeth to come

i cant feel anything tho kat... nothing... not even a bump. shes not into her food today either and has been abit more chucky, so mayb she has a slight tummy bug?

quite possible hun....BUT when a tooth is coming you will be able to see/feel it...

Hollye - she could maybe be going thru another sleep regression? i think they can have another at around 8mths! (oh my gosh our girls are almost 8mths!!!)
    How was ur night last night?

We had a horrible night with B last night - up a few times - but for some reason i didnt mind too much ( i hate being woken hehehe) i really enjoyed my middle of the night cuddles!
    she has had all the "signs" of teething - im starting to wonder if the "signs" really mean anything as she has had them for quite awhile and still nothing!!!!!!!!!
    However..........

Kat - im pretty sure last night i felt some sharpness in her gums as i ran my finger along!!! i think i felt maybe 2 teeth!!!! but cant see them???

Thanks Hollye.. Yup we have a bottle warmer.. But we cant use that in airports etc, so today is first day of cold food for her!!

I am SHOCKED to say that Jorda is standing on her own, only for about 5 seconds max.. BUt my gosh.. way to early for me to like.. I was holding her up and let her hands go and she stood there...

27 days till CANADA!!

lastnight was better. She woke once at 5am and cried for about 10 seconds and self settled herself. So i didnt have to get up to her.

didi - goodluck with the cold food. I hope she takes to it well. woohooo for her standing! wont be long now and u will be chasing her around.

Didi - yah for Jorda!!!!
    oh and i have a big fav to ask you!!!!

Is anyone planning on going back to work??

Im due back 22nd of september - only plan on going back 1 day a week - ive got big plans for next year!

hj.. big plans do tell!!

Hi all, long time no see....

Have been having trouble with the internet, so after a while just gave up on it. Anyway, it seems ok now.

Have been reading some of your posts, but keep getting interrupted. Anyway for those of you trying to get bubs on a bottle, just wondered if you have tried a new bottle thats out called Adiri.... It is soooo cool. My sister was working at the baby expo and bought me one for V, yet V isnt that fussed on it atm. It is in the shape of a BB, and is a all in one bottle. The teat doesnt get replaced and gets filled up from the bottom. Since it is similar to the BB, it might be easier to get them to take. Since V has been on the bottle for a while now, she is used to the normal teats, so when she tries the new one she hasnt got much to latch onto as it is like a nipple.

Well since February 14, we have had Valentines day, the a birthday in March, then easter then 2birthdays in April and a Wedding anniversary, then another birthday and Mothers day in May, so have been sooo busy. Along with doing bookwork, and having sick kids on and off. Then the internet being difficult.
    Anyway, while I have a chance I will let you all know how V is doing. V is doing really well, apart from when she had her immunisations, whoich she didnt handle too well. She is always smiling, has her giggles all the time, her little leg when she is happy or excited just swings constantly, hehehe. Although she doesnt always say it, I have heard Mum a couple of times and over the past couple of days Dada has come up on a few occassions. All in amongst her baby babble and squeals. She looks at herself in the mirror and giggles at herself, soo cute. Still little, but I can see she is growing. So fingers crossed for tomorrow as we have her pead appt at 11.30am. Hoping she is at least 5.5kg. I guess I will find out when her operation will be done to remove her cyst then too.
    She is such a fussy eater, but is slowly starting to eat more variety, yet downside is even tho she only picks at the solids, she is starting not to have much bottle either and whinges and turns her head and pushes the bottle away almost every feed, thankfully tho she eventually takes it. She is such a small eater, and is lucky to have her full feed all at once. The most she has ever had in a sitting is 160ml. Anyway will let you know what her weight is tomorrow. hugs all.

Hj - should i be sending baby dust your way???

didi - havent looked into what ill be doing yet. I need to get more of my hairdressing done but im gonna wait till Mia is over 12 months. I dont fancy leaving her with anyone yet.

csab - good to see u popped in. Yeh Mia doesnt do well with her needles either. Shes off for days. Good luck at the appointment, let me know how she goes xoxox

Mia had a check up yesterday. She now weighs 8.34 kg (7.9 6 weeks ago) and shes up to 70cm long now. But thats to be expected with both me n DP who are 180 cm.

Hi everyone, glad to hear all the bubs are growing well. I have booked in to have Olive weighed tomorrow as I haven't been to clinic for nearly 2mths so it will be interesting to see what she weighs.
    I'm still off work, a little sore from my op and very tired so don't want to overdo it and who wants to look after 15 2-3yr olds in that kinda state? Not me!!!
    Olive is at daycare today for a couple of hours as I need to keep her routine and i'm about to have a snooze. Olive slept really badly yesterday and last night and i'm starting to question if I am doing the right thing when it comes to her sleep. She used to be such a good sleeper but those nights are rare now. She never puts herself off to sleep unless she is at daycare and definatly associates sleep with milk or cuddles with me. I'm to soft to try controlled crying and don't believe in it and love cuddling her in my bed but last night I felt really cranky about it all and went to sleep in the spare bed. I was also in a lot of pain so that didn't help either. I'm generally feeling abit depressed that my body is taking so long to heal, i'm getting fat and the sun never seems to come out anymore. Arrggg I can't wait to feel well again! I went to mothers group yesterday as I needed to get out and it was so nice, we have a great group of ladies.
    Anyway someone asked if they heated up their babies food and bottles. Olive loves her milk really hot but if it goes cold by the time she feels like drinking it and is tired enough then she will drink it if she has to One mum from MG has never heated her babies bottles as she thinks it is easier not to but her bub seems ok with them cold. Too bad if shes not I guess. I always warm Olive's vegies and she has warm porridge for brekkie but by the time she finishes eating her meals are usually cold anyway and she doesn't seem to care. I was watching that baby whisperer Shane someone on Sunrise yesterday and she was talking about an appetite for sleep so I think i'm going to try making sure Olive has a bigger lunch and more snacks and see if that helps her get into more of a sleep routine. Yesterday Olive would have had about 6-7 bottles as we are still demand FF but I think I need to cut down on bottles and feed her more food. Are your bubs on 3 solid meals yet?
    Sorry for rambling so much, hope you all have a great day and Csab, good luck with your appointment.

Nah Mia still isnt on 3 meals a day. She on about 1.5 meals and 4 bottles.

csab - good to hear from you and V again! how did she go getting weighed etc? sounds like she is doing very nicely and is a happy bubby which is great! when do u find out when she is having her op?

OM - oh dear u do sound a bit down in the dumps!!!! **BIG HUGS** things will look up soon and u will be feeling heaps better!
    B is on pretty much 3 meals a day - she definatly has breaky and dinner and lunch is just usually finger foods like fruit or a sandwich - and she is on 4 bottles a day!
    as of Olive's sleeping - if ur happy with giving her lots of cuddles and attention than u do what u think is best for her!
    6-7 bottles seems like alot - does she drink all of it? how much is in each bottle?

didi - plans a bit of a secret atm

Hollye - NOOOOOOOOOO dont send ANY baby dust my way! hahaha that would put a big stop to my plans and i have been waiting for this for a loooong time!

Bianca has been doing finger painting today - she did 4 paintings - 1 for mummy and daddy, 1 for Bth sets of Grandparents and 1 for a friend that spoils her rotten - they are soo cute - they are on FB if anyone wanted a sticky - for some reason i cant add anymore pics on here!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast