Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

hey ladies, sorry I've been busy & lurking simultaneously!

X is good, also can't believe he's turning 6mths next week! I've got a head cold. Hmm that was a bit random wasn't it!

Oh and he's just waking!!! Gotta go...BBL...but first my funny/annoying story from this morning.

The dog has pooed on the deck (she doesn't usually). So I go out with water, detergent & brush, scrub it away. Come in (with damp dog -it's been raining). Sit the bucket "safely" to the side. Dog comes in to get paws dried... dog promptly chucks a skizzo... knocks bucket with poopy water over on floor... manages to get the rug as (rather than just spilling it on the hard floor). Grrrr. I'm over it... so tell her to drop and think I'll get it in a sec. So I start drying her paws. Then I realise I've SAT in the poopy water on the floor. GRRRRRRR!!!

ok BBL with personals

huh, new posts on here aren't showing up properly for me.

awwww Belfie hun hugs!!!! it can only get better remember that!!!

Hi girls.

Well.. now my left boob is blocked!! And my right boob's supply diminished when it was blocked Friday to Saturday and still hasn't recovered. I am madly trying to unblock my left boob but nothing is working. And Maya keeps sucking on it for a few seconds and pulling off cos nothing is coming out and that's really hurting my nipple! So I'm back to giving her some EBM and formula because I don't have enough milk for her! I also wonder if I'm on the road to losing my supply. And I'm so sad about that. I know some of you have been through this too. I really don't want to give up b/f but it just seems so hard at the moment. I thought I was passed all the hard parts and was on the home straight to b/f as long as I wanted to. So this has taken me by surprise. Though now looking back I think b/f hasn't been working for a while but I didn't realise cos Maya just never complains about being hungry! I think my supply is really low because she hasn't been eating well for a long time now but I didn't notice till now.

amy - Have fun in Sydney. I know what you mean about wanting your mum around. I am hoping we find somewhere to live soon so that I can move closer to my mum.

katones
    - Jack sounds gorgeous.

Sami - I'm glad your let downs have returned. Now if I could just find mine... I don't think Maya complains when she's hungry and I've only just learnt that now. I had her weighed again today and she has lost weight. But yeah maybe it's a uti so we'll get that ruled out.

belfie - When I read your post I thought you said that X is walking! Then read back and realised you said waking!

Well I am about to log off for my holiday...I am packed orgaised and ready to go!!
    Taxi is arriving at a really really early hour so I am off to get some sleep in before the day kicks off.

See ya when I get back gals, Behave while I am gone!!

Bye

Morning

Well, we have poo!!! hehe imagine being so excited about it - there was so much of it - thank goodness for those brilliant Aldi nappies they contained it all - but it did evacuate the kids from the loungeroom outside as gee whiz it was soooooo stinky. Yesterday he didnt have any rice cereal either - so I am going to leave the rice cereal alone from here on in!!!

AND after the poo escapades of the last week - Zander fed at 6.30 - poo'd, didnt want a bedtime top-up - went to bed, stirred sometime early morning and I gave him a dummy - and then woke at 6.45am so i think it is all related and hope not some coincidence - the next few days will tell, i will keep him off everything to see what happens first .....

Tanya - aww hun, thats no good Maya has lost weight - you are doing the right thing, you cant be a good mummy if you are not happy and healthy either so you look after yourself, try to go with the flow and do what you need to do, whether it be bottle or breast, you have done a great job

katones - men!!!does your DH sleep soundly?? no difference then if in your room or 5 metres away lol.

belfie - so, stinky, how's things with you?

georgi - see how much I like talking about poo, adn it is easy to type too - I just saw we posted at the same time in the solids thread

Giselle and I (oh, and Zander) are off to do some errands - be back later!!

SamiH..it doesn't matter now what DH says!!! he IS going in his on room
    we haven't had a propper poo for 3/4 days now..i am scared!!!!!
    we have movement!!!! jack is moving around the loungeroom....on his back!!!and is trying ever so hard to get up on his knees/hands..but i say he is too heavy!!! lol

omg.. I need a house! we are in a one bedroom unit ffs!!!!!!!!!

Mia also needs her own room, everytime we move in bed, it wakes her up!!!!!!!!!! argh!

Mia is doing an odd thing atm.. she will be on her tummy then get on her knees and then get on her feet. so imagine he head planted to the ground, feet on ground, bum up in the air, legs straight.. oh its a sight.

Jack is badly constipated AGAIN!!!!poor lil man..i feel for him when he is bunged up.. although he is as happy as normal

Maya finally drained my bb late yesterday! I basically had to force her to stay on, which wasn't an easy feat! But thankfully once she got flow she was very happy to drink from that side! Though since then my bb has been so painful to feed from. And I have a white spot on my nipple! I now dread feeding her but I don't want to stop because both sides are low! I do want to continue to b/f as long as I can.

At the moment I put her on both sides until she won't drink any more. Then I offer her EBM that I have stored up in the freezer. I am also expressing in between feeds, but at the moment my output isn't keeping up with her input. I just wish it wasn't extremely painful to feed from one side.

Oh and today is our 3 year wedding anniversary. I was hoping that we could have gone out to celebrate. But Maya is still afraid of everyone other than DH and I. So we can't have someone baby sit her. Think it'll be a quiet dinner at home for us.

And last bit of news.. we got the unit we applied for. Which has more room than our current tiny place! So we'll be moving in early April sometime. And I'll be closer to my mum who will actually come visit me once I am closer!

Hollye - I know what you are going through living in a small place! Hopefully you will find something soon too! Oh and Maya also does the head on ground, bum in the air thing! It's very funny to see.

Hi to everyone.

SAMI Lol.. Everyone likes talking about poo. It's always an interesting topic.

KATONES I hope you see some poo soon too.

TANYA Glad the toothbrush helped. Sorry I forgot to reply to a previous post of yours... The routine I am doing is from the book The Contented Little Baby by Gina Ford. It did take 3 weeks to work, but it's great now.

HOLLYE Maybe Mia will be an early crawler. My gosh, I don't know how you do it in a one bedder...

AMY Have a nice holiday

TERU Hope you're having a nice holiday

CSAB Big hugs & kisses to you & V

AMANDA I bet your boys are keeping you busy. What did the psycic say? Are you gonna have another bub? Are you gonna be rich?

BELFIE Yuk about the doggy do do... I hope your headcold is ok

We're all good here. BJ's tooth is coming up. I can feel a lump & I think it's breaking through the skin. He hasn't been too unsettled. He didn't sleep well today but that could be anything.

Oh gosh anyone want a free hubby? Free to good or bad home cos right now he's SNORING!!!!! And so is Xander!!! And given I didn't get to sleep until 2am last night due to snoring... I'm stuffed. But I'm too keyed up now so figure I'll finally catch-up on here!

Anyways, we're all good, headcold very minor and on the way out. All washed up from doggy doos been busy busy... dunno why really? I left X with my ILS for the first time this morning! Felt very weird driving away leaving him there I didn't like doing it, but he had a fabbo time and he's very used to MIL cos she's here once a week so knows his routine... and they did well! When I came back (from haircut & colour - you know, vital stuff ) he was fast asleep in the portacot! So next we've gotta use up some gold class tics... so not game to do an evening yet, but might see an arvo movie soonish. Plus I'm still doing WW online and exercising, so I think my online time has been going on exercise and food preparation... noble huh!

GEORGI - lol you're so right about poo. It seems to be a neverending topic in our house I'm intrigued by the book you mentioned, if you had to summarise in 10 words...? What's the gist, and what worked best for you?

TANYA - oh you poor thing with the blocked ducts! I'm so happy to hear it's cleared for you and really really hope it stops being painful soon.

KATONES - oh no poor little Jack! Sending poopy vibes

HOLLYE - ooooh 1 bdrm you are doing well to cope with that. And LOL on the bum in the air, I can just picture it, sounds hilarious!

SAMIH - hey poo lady, glad your little Z pooed for you

AMY - I meant to say g'day before you went... mebbe you'll get a chance to read this. I hope it's a good break for you hun.

AMANDAJ - i hope the let downs are going ok... I def agree re needing to make sure you eat enough. I'm finding now I'm eating better and exercising I've got heaps more energy which is nice, and my supply isn't suffering (which I was really worried about).

My little fella keeps crying in his sleep tonight not quite sure what's up with him, but he's not waking... just crying.... so I'm awake... but tired... but awake!

BELFIE You are soooo lucky you have baby sitters. I don't have anyone... Well actually, my cousin did look after him on my birthday so DH & I could go to dinner, but I put him to bed at 6pm then dream feed him at 9.30pm so we were back by 9pm & she didn't need to do a thing. I don't think she would look after him if she had to change nappies & stuff lol. My MIL is coming up from Sydney for a few days at the end of the month so I am hoping I can leave BJ with her while I go shopping & stuff.. He still won't take a bottle so I can't go too far.

As for the book. Well, I didn't read it all, only the bits relevant to me. Really what it's for is to get your bub sleeping through the night, from a very young age. Though BJ was doing that already. I just wanted structure in my day. Plus I wanted to know how much they were meant to sleep cause I was having a bit of trouble with his sleeps. I was so use to my routine that as he got bigger it just wasn't working anymore. What I LOVE about it now is that BJ is in bed at 6pm EVERY night so I can cook & eat dinner without him whinging & needing attention. I also like that he has set sleep times, so I can plan my day, plus he doesn't cry when he goes to bed now. If he does, it's only for a few minutes. Basically the books gives you times on when to feed & sleep plus guidelines for other things like bathing & solids. I do my own thing there. She tells you to have the nursery pitch black for bub to sleep properly etc. I don't think you would benefit from it. I reckon it would be fantastic for new mums. I will use it for my next bub too. I hope that kinda explains it.

BJ slept till 6am this morning. Actually, I had to wake him up. Lately he's only been sleeping till 5 or 5.30 & i've had to re settle or feed then resettle. Yay.. I hope this is the start of something.. This was the only part of the routine that I couldn't get to work. THough she says if they wake to resettle or feed & resettle.

We're off to swimming lessons this morning. We didn't go last week cause of my back.

Quick ? Georgi - why would you wake him at 6am - or you for that matter if you don't have to be up?? Man I take any wink of sleep I can get!

Well Zander was still unsettled yesterday arvo and night until around 9.30 - same as you belfie - crying in his sleep - so I actually dream fed him around 8.30 (his last feed was 5pm cos he wouldnt feed before going to bed) - he kinda woke but was ok - once he finally settled he then slept until 6am too - think his teeth are bothering him later in the day when he is tired - cos it is not just whinging, but full on crying for like 20 seconds - then relief etc ...

I cant get him to sleep more than 40 minutes at any one time during the day either at the moment - but just dont have time to keep resettling him cos I have to keep an eye on clock for pickups etc - i do try sometimes - but most times i just have to get him up so he has been getting a bit overtired

Georgi - I had a friend who used that book like a bible when her baby was only 6 weeks old - basically she went missing for 2 weeks and stayed at home - her boy took to it ok, but 6 weeks IMO is just far too young - they have only worked out not to be scared by their own farts at that age

katones - how can you tell Jack is constipated? Time since last poo or does he have other signs? Just curious cos I am wondering whether I missed any signs with Zander but I dont think so.

Been reading alot about rice cereal yesterday - yep not gunna give it to Zander again. Hard to wrap my head around that some things that worked for my other two just ain't gunna work for Zander!!

Gotta go, he is awake again already - 40 mins like I said - but cant resettle cos we need to leave in 20 for school/preschool etc ...

SAMI BJ went through a phase where he was only sleeping for 40mins. That's when I decided to put him into this routine. At 6weeks BJ had himself in a routine. But I guess it's cause the hospital put him in it. He was on a 4 hour routine from the second he came home till around 6 weeks ago. Not my doing though. I guess every baby is different. I wonder what my next one will be like, yeek!

I woke him at 6am cause I'm awake anyway. I normally wake around 5.30am. Plus, if I want to keep him in routine I have to wake him. The other morning he woke at 5am, I tried to resettle but couldn't so at 5.30am I fed him. We both fell asleep till 6.45am which threw us out cause he then wouldn't sleep at 8am. I ended up putting him down at 8.45am, put him to bed at 11.30 instead of 11am, woke him at 12.45 instead of 1.15 then gave him 30 mins in the arvo...

Blah blah blah.. Now I'm waffling.

SamiH...he is CONSTANTLY 'straining' as such for days... (when he does get bound up other days he is fine) and nothing happens..until i step in and give him diluted prune juice of suppositries....he did finally poo yesturday..and it hurt him getting it out..and it was like concrete!!! he got 1/2 of it out..then wouldn't do any more...so i left it...layed him on the floor last night with no pants on...and he then decided to poo!!! DH was mortified!!! me..i don't care..DH has the weakest stomach ever!!! and then this morning he had poo'ed again..so am happy he has finally pooed. It is because all the iron in the formula and the rice cereal has added iron aswell...i am going to stay away from the rice cereal now...

aww poor fella - yes that rice cereal is wicked stuff LOL. I saw Zander straining this morning when we were hanging the washing out and thought uh oh - but no a good consistency - so 36 hrs since last one which is fine - def musta been the solids .. so going to buy some pumpkin - already got some swt potato - and bought some pears a couple of days ago so they will be nice and ripe for the weekend.

Back to the drawing board .....

Georgi - so you wake Byron during the day as well to stay on timed routine?? Did you watch bringing up baby on the ABC? Of course not as cruel as that 50's woman - but that was their whole idea of the routine. Lol - yeah dont hold your breath when you have another one - i am such a control freak that when I had Giselle it caused me no end of stress at first cos things just didnt happen according to my clock!

Off to cook anzacs - Z been in bed 15 mins .... so I have half an hour lol

i am such a control freak that when I had Giselle it caused me no end of stress at first cos things just didnt happen according to my clock!
    That was one of the big issues I have had, and it's what I ended up talking about with the psychologist last year. I wish I could afford to see her again every now and then, I do have days of total anxiety when things aren't going according to plan. I can't push routines on Jude, it's not my style, but I've really had to find a way to let it all go.

Amy: Have a good time in Sydney, I need my mummy too. Actually she's sort of up here right now, but her attention is on my nan who's in hospital so I can't expect much from her.

Belfie: I'm not getting the updates either. Re: pets ... boy it's a good thing I only have fish since I only have 1 fish left now and she's almost dead, I've been so neglectful since I had Jude (I try my hardest, but I just don't have the time to try and figure out what's wrong with the fish, I keep the tank clean).

I'm not sure how to proceed with solids. Jude has been eating rice cereal beautifully for about 2 weeks or more (I lose track of time too easily). He gobbled it down with no fuss from the start, so I decided to give him some pumpkin and he hated it so I tried some banana and he hated it too, and I feel so disappointed because I thought he was so easy to feed. Do I keep offering the other foods or just go back to the rice cereal? I'm not sure how to tackle it.

But I couldn't help laughing at his attempts to express his displeasure at his food. He's so hilarious talking his own little language and I'm sure that "ghooeee deegh blooooouey" with a horrified look his face means "what are you trying to feed me, you evil woman?"

He said "daddy" today (or should I say "da-deee"). Not sure if I'll tell my husband or not, because i've been trying soooo hard to get him to say Mummy.
    Last edited by SunnyRain; March 19th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast