Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #10

Kell Guest

as you said all babies (and parents!) are different. i really dont think people can do the 'wrong' thing (there are exceptions obviously )

now now girls.......LOL!!!
    all is well here,c has had a fantastic day,i just love her,she is sooooo cute.i am feeling ok,no m/s or anything else yukky,fingers crossed it stays that way,starting to feel a teeny weeny bit more positive,one day at a time.
    melissa well done on the move,not easy with a baby in tow,hope you are all settled in.
    nikki

Kell Guest

Nikki - Glad to hear you had a good day! I've just had a ***** of a time getting Will to sleep, he was up for a while and started to get whingy and rubbing eyes etc so put him to bed and he screamed so got him up repeated a few times when i thought ok i will have to help him to sleep (v unusual for him!) and it took me 15 mins of patting rocking sshhing etc and finally he is asleep YAY! Otherwise have had a pretty good day, Molly's preschool days are always nice, it is so quiet LOL.
    Am going shopping in penrith tomorrow with mum and sis, may take Molly too not sure yet

hi just stopping in to say high...

might update you all on Brynny.

He is going fine and is an increadibly happy boy.. He is sitting up well, he mastered that at about 4 1/2 months.. after I got game enough to let him lol and has been crawling (well commando style) for about a month now too.. read back through all the previous thread and sounds like everyone is going not too bad

I'm hanging in good too

Cheers

candice,how are you,we need to hear from you more often love,has he got teeth,how does he sleep at night,are you having anymore.......just good to hear from you
    nikki

Hi!

Well, I'm so glad it's the weekend. Dh has 4 days off so it will be great. Louis did quite well last night. He slept from 6.45pm-2pm without waking. Wanted the dummy at 2am, woke at around 5am but settled himself and dh gave him the dummy at 5.45am and then he woke for the day at 6.45am! So pretty good really! The poor little munchkin has been traipsed around the countryside with me today and had hardly any sleep again. He's been so good - sometimes I just want to give him the biggest hug and squeeze him - hehehe. I'm just all warm and fuzzy with him at the moment - hehehe.

I booked him in for swimming lessons so we start next Thursday which will be great. I think we're going to take him to the pools over the weekend just for a play though. The one we're going to is really cheap to - only $7.75 a class and if you direct debit you can go to the pools anytime with him for a swim for free. So I thought that was really good.

Tracey - I hope Jordan had a good sleep for you last night. Any sign of his new teeth?

Melissa - Wow - it's a small world isnt' it? A quiet neighbourhood sounds nice. We live next door to a glass factory and the stupid trucks come to empty the big bins at all hours. You can imagine the sound of glass getting tipped into an empty garbage truck. Not nice. Luckily it doesn't seem to wake Louis!

Kell & Kerrie - I truly appreciate both your opinions. We all do things slightly differently - thats the beauty of having a forum to discuss it all. Thank you both! At the moment I'll keep him using the dummy as I think I want to tackle one thing at a time!

Nikki - Yeah on feeling a bit better! This is such a great age - I'm glad your having a fun time with Chantelle!

Kell - I hope Will has been good for you tonight! Have fun shopping tomorrow!

Candice - Great to hear from you. I'm so glad your doing well and little Brynny is also.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

It's great to hear from you Candice! I'm glad all is well.

Emma was up a couple of times last night, just for a quick feed then back to bed. I really must go to the loo before going to her though. Last night I felt sick I was busting so bad LOL.

Hope you all have a great long weekend!

can u beleive our babies are 8 months old now.....geez!
    nikki

Hi!

Linda - hehehe - probably a good idea or you might end up wetting yourself - hehe.

Nikki - I know it's crazy!! This is my favourite age by far. Although do you just keep saying that the more the interact with you?
    What were you doing up posting at 1.30am?? You need your rest! (Don't you just love having someone nag at you...hehehe)

Louis slept alright last night. He woke quite a bit but about 1/2 those times he settled himself which was great. I think I only had to get up once after I went to bed. This morning he was really sleepy and so I put him down and he woke after 45min and went back to sleep and then grizzled at the next 45min but kept sleeping - he ended up having a 2 hour nap!! He never does that!! When I went into him this morning he was just sitting up in his cot waiting for me - hehe.

Do any of you put some toys in the cot for them to play with when they wake up? I think I might do that - it just might buy me an extra 10min hehe.

Also, since we've well and truly dropped his night time feeds he's feeding a lot better through the day now. He always fed well but there was a stage where he'd be on and off so quickly so I think it was more of a snack as he was having a really big feed through the night iykwim?

Hey

Lots of questions nikki Lol

We don't have any teeth here yet, and not looking like any for a while.

bryn has been sleeping through on and off since 6 weeks, he goes down at 8, has the occasional wake for a quick feed, and sleeps to 8 am

we are still breast feeding, and have 3 big meals a day plus snacks.

weighing in at a little 7.6kgs

and as for having any more.. if we do.. not for another 3-4 years. I am still not totally healed from Bryn.

Oww just noticed your sig congrats!

Nikki - I know! I'm already starting to think about Em's 1st birthday!

Kristie - I don't put toys in, but Emma sleeps really tightly wrapped still so she wouldn't be able to play anyway ROFL. Why don't you give it a go?

Candice - sorry to hear you haven't healed easily. Sounds like Bryn is a good little sleeper for you though.

We had a good night last night - up at 4:30. DH took her at 7am though & I got a glorious sleep in until 9.20am!!! It was fantastic!!!

Kell Guest

Hi all.
    Had a good day shopping today. my sis got most of her baby stuff (1st due in sep) so that was fun DH had a good day with the sprouts, Will had two 1/1/2 hr sleeps!! Of course he does that for Dh and not me LOL!

Kristie - nope no toys in the cot.

Nikki - I know I was thinking about 1st bdays today! I cant beleive how fast it all goes...

Linda - YAY on the sleep in

Candice - Hi, sounds like Bryn is a lovely bub..

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend...

Kell, Great to hear you had a fun day shopping and that the kids were good for your DH. I always like it when Gus behaves and sleeps well for my DH as I think it makes it easier to get him minding them next time. he ha!

Kristie, Glad to hear things are improving with Louis and his sleeping. Yeah, we have a couple of things in the cot for Gus to amuse himself with. They seem to really do the trick. We have the Fisher Price Aquarium cot toy and also another activitiy toy with buttons to press and flaps to open, things to twirl etc. Gus plays with these when he wakes. There is a pic of the cot with these in the background on our website in the 8months (5months corrected) section.

Candice, It's lovely to hear from you. We miss you! Bryn sounds like a gorgeous bubba. I'd love to see some more pictures of him. Have you any we can take a peak at?

Tracey, Does sound like teething to me. Any progress on the toothy-pegs overnight? Gus' first one seemed to pop up really quickly once it started.

Melissa, Glad to hear the move went well. Must be nice to be in time to enjoy the long weekend.

Nikki, I am also in shock at how fast things go. It was June 16 last year that my sac totally ruptured. It's almost 12 months! Scary how fast time flies! We're almost getting ready to plan Gus' first birthday party. he ha!

Linda, Good on your DH giving you the chance to have a nice sleep in. That should make your enjoyment of the weekend even greater! Tis amazing what a difference being well rested makes!

Hi to Cindy, Kerrie, Donella and Fenella! Hope things are good with you.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. I had a lovely day out with some of the mums of the premmie bubs we met during Gus' time in hospital. Was lovely to have a big gassbag and do some shopping. We're off to the zoo tomorrow with our little niece. It will be Gus' first time there. Can't wait to see his reaction. Enjoy your weekends.
    Last edited by Kirsty EW; June 10th, 2006 at 06:31 PM.

Exclamation I hate winter

Hi everyone

Kristie - we have a fisher price "bird" toy on Jordans cot and he has learned how to turn it on himself. I also have a teddy bear in there so when we wakes he usually plays with it for a while. I do find that he is more amused by the testure of his sheet LOL.

Kirstie - its nice that you have stayed in touch with the people you met when Gus was born. Hope you have a nice day at the zoo. No progress on the top teeth. oh well. I am sure they are on their way

Kell- Glad you had a nice day shopping. it would be nice to go and get little bubs clothing and stuff. they are ssooooo cute

Linda - It seems as though Ems sleep is improving which is a good thing. I cant beleive we are thinking about 1st b'days. It seems as though we only gace birth not so long ago

Candice - Bryn sounds like a petite little boy. My little heffer is 12 kilo :eek:
    What a great sleeper he is, you must be rapted.

Nicole - glad to see you havent had any real MS. Hope that continues for you. I am also rapted to see that Chantelle is getting better and you are really enjoying her. Its great when bubs are content and you can really enjoy your time with them. Its a long hard day when they are miserable.

Well, this weekend we are making a cat run scratchy toy for my SIL and also painting her old bedroom as she has moved back into her parents house. I am home for the moment whilst jordan has a morning nap and then we are back to the ILs. DH left at about 9am this morning.

I HATE winter. I just went and hung the washing out as the sun was out. As soon as I came inside it started to rain So i had to bring it all off and now it is seperated between the drier and the clothes horse.

Hope you are all having a good long weekend. I am not back at work till thursday, I am rapted.

hey kristy.. I have about 3 million photos http://www.PictureTrail.com/canniel
    Sorry they are not all sorted and named yet though... one day..

Tracey, I hate winter to. It's been so wet here that there's absolutely no hope of anything drying outside. You sound like you are having a busy time this weekend. Hope you get to fit some relaxation in there to.

It was absolutely freeeeezing and wet at the zoo. We spent almost the entire time huddled beneath umbrellas and with Gussy snuggled up beneath the plastic rain cover in his pram. The animals looked cold and miserable to. Needless to say we didn't stay long. My poor DH fell down the back outside staircase this morning. He really hurt himself as it's a long way down. The steps were wet and slimy with all the rain and he lost his tread as he was sprinting down them with his arms full of garbage. His back, butt cheeks and shoulders are already covered in purple bruising. He has just left to meet up with some clients and they are heading out to the footy stadium to watch the rugby tonight. It's terrible weather for it so he is really regretting agreeing to go as now with his fall-injuries he's feeling much more like snuggling up at home in front of the tv. Gussy and I are just about to head off for our evening bath/bed routine. Am really looking forward to a quiet night. I'm exhausted this afternoon. Hope everyone is having a great long weekend.
    Last edited by Kirsty EW; June 11th, 2006 at 05:38 PM.

Oooww - Kirsty - your poor DH - that would have really hurt! Sorry your day at the zoo was miserable

Just closing this thread and creating a new one for you HERE girls!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678