Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #10

hi all,kristie and cindy,i had an ace time with you both today,you guys are so down to earth and easy going,thanks for making me feel like an old friend,it was excellent to meet you both.
    i am feeling a bit down again tonight and i am starting to think terrible things that i honestly couldnt discuss with any one else,except that you are all so understanding and non jujdmental,i hope i only feel like this cos i am tired and hormonal.....i just dont know if i really want this.....i hope im not upsetting anybody talking like this.....but i think it is important to express my feelings,it may help me see things a little clearer.
    i might pop off to bed i think,im sure i will feel better in the morning
    nikki

Oh Nikki - I'm so sorry your feeling down. I don't know what to say/write really. Only you know your deep feelings. Try and get a good sleep and perhaps you'll feel more positive in the morning. Remember you've had a huge day coming all the way out here and I'm sure you didn't stop once you got home with the boys and Chantelle. I suppose you just have to weigh it all up in your head.....we would never judge you for any feelings or doubts you may have.....

If you ever want a chat just call me ok?

Nikki - honey, you've had so much to take in over the past 24 hours it's no wonder you are confused. There's absolutely no way anyone could think badly of you for considering your options. We October mummies know just how hard it is just managing our October babies and some of us (like me!) only have the one and are still finding it challenging to say the least! You just have to try to slow down a little and really take time to think about it all and listen to your inner voice. If you still find yourself confused I'd suggest talking to whoever you trust with your deepest thoughts. I find that sometimes the process of articulating my thoughts to someone else helps me clarify my thoughts. Hope you get a restful sleep tonight.

BTW, Hi to Melissa. Hope the move went smoothly. x
    Tracey, thanks for your lovely message in the guestbook on Gussy's website.

Nikki - It was fantastic to meet you today, definately felt like I have know you for a whileI have to say. I'm sorry you are feeling crappy tonight, as Kristie said, we won't judge you for anything you say or do, at the end of the day you are the one that knows how you trully feel about things and also you are the one that has to deal with it all too! If you need to talk please call and I am free to catch up whenever my dear!

Tracy - bugger we didnt get to meet you two today, next time we will come out your way!

Kristie - thanks for having us today! It was good fun, theres nothing like an afternoon of chatter! I hope louis wasnt to disturbed by Tori trying to eat him all day! Heres hoping he sleeps well for you too!

Tori has only just gone down now which is crap and i am exhausted from following her around all afternoon (she hasn't slept for the past 6 hours!) so I am off to bed.

Sorry to all I have missed, I will try to catch up better tomorrow

Hey everyone, I will be away on holidays until Sunday, so if you have anything that needs doing urgently email one of the other moderators listed in the first post, otherwise feel free to email it to me & I will update when I get back home.

If you have emailed me and I haven't gotten to it yet, I apologise as this week has been full of trips to doctors, hospitals and ultrasounds... I promise to get to everything by early next week. Thank you for your patience.

Good Morning!

Well we had a bit of bad night again. Louis kept waking every 2 hours but was very easy to settle. By 4.45am I'd had enough though so I just didn't get up. He grizzled for a few min and went back to sleep for 20min. Grizzled again and slept to 6.50am! Woohoo. So he went 6.30pm - 6.50am with no feeds! I think I'll have to try not to get up to him so quickly during the night perhaps. I was wondering do you think if I'm going to all this trouble I might try and get rid of his dummy for night time sleeps as I think that maybe why he keeps waking up for it?....Although sometimes he cries and it's still in his mouth - hehe.. Oh well, we'll keep plodding along. I popped out in front of the t.v this morning and went back to bed and fell asleep for 40min! hehe. I went out and he was in the same spot I left him playing...what a good boy.

Nikki - I hope you've woken up feeling a little better. I hope you got a good nights sleep at least anyway....

Cindy - Wow on Tori being up for 6 hours!!!! I hope she had a good nights sleep!

Kell Guest

Wow i miss a day and there is so much to catch up on
    Nikki pg is a hard thing to come to terms with in any situation, but in yours with three already, busy life, selling house etc it's no wonder you feel overwhelmed! (pg hormones are no doubt being very helpful too LOL). Dont feel like you shouldnt be feeling like this, it is all part of the journey - and use us as a sounding board all you want!!

Kirsty - That sounds like such a nice relaxing routine, makes me sleepy LOL. I did want 3 too, but after Will we are thinking maybe 2, but then maybe 3....very undecided atm did you guess? It is a beautiful time when the bubs are babbling, learning new things and are just delightful, somedays i just stop and smile

Kristie - Louis is a cutie! There are so many Louis' around atm, Molly has a new friend at preschool named Louis and my new nephew is named Louis!

Melissa - Hi!

Tracey - I actually like John, he seems a really genuine nice person, one of my picks for the winner

Cindy - Hope you had a restful night!

We had a bad day yesterday, Will had a cold and wouldnt sleep but was grizzly when up - i couldnt win so the night b4 last he slept in bed with me (DH on the couch L)! He had a good sleep last night and seems much better today. IL's are coming to stay this weekend *groan*, but then it occured to me that DH and I could actually go out to dinner and maybe even a film!!! YAY free babysitters LOL, if i can trust MIL with my children that is haha. She has actually been a lot better since the big fight we had.
    Anyone elses bubs very ticklish, Molly wasnt but Will just has to be touched anywhere on his body and he has fits of giggles - it is just gorgeous! I will try and get a new pic posted today, camera still not working but i have the digital video camera that can take stills so i will try that, he looks so different from the current ticker photo

SNAP Kristie! Sorry to hear you had a bad night, maybe it is worth getting rid of the dummy since that seems to be why he is waking.....

Kristie, I would recommend getting rid of the dummy sooner rather than later as within a few nights he will have forgotten he ever had one. If you wait too much longer he will always remember and it will be harder to do IYKWIM??
    Jess hasn't had a dummy since 3m.o (maybe even earlier) and now sucks two fingers to pacify herself to sleep etc. Much easier and no need for me to get up at night! She puts them back in herself if they fall out and she wants them!

Goodluck!!!

Nikki, of course we would never judge you! We are here for you to vent to and talk to and support you!

To everyone else I have missed, sorry.....been at playgroup today *sigh* just got home, put kids to bed and had lunch. Hope you are all well and bubs aren't being too mischivious (sp?!). Hugs to all the bubbas

Nikki - whats happening? How are you feeling today my dear?

Kristie - I think I worked out why Tori kept tryingto eat poor louis alive..... She woke with another tooth this morning! Thats 2 so far! And I have to ad she has eaten so much solids today its amazing, she could almost take louis on! I'm thinking back and I think she first went off them just before the other tooth came through, it must just be a teething thing.

kell - how exctitingthe idea of going to a movie is! Its all that stuff that you take for granted before they are born isnt it??!!

I swear she hears me get on the bloody computer, she has just woken again.
    Talk soon

im okay.just plodding along,trying to keep busy.not much to report here.i had a fantastic day with chantelle,she just gave me so much joy with her laughs and giggles etc.chat later
    nikki

I'm so glad you've had a good day Nikki, that's great.

Emma slept much better last night. Up at 3am for a feed & that was it Mind you she has been really high maintenance today though, just won't play on her own

Hi!

What a day! I had to fill in teaching so Louis and I have been out all afternoon. Poor little man only had 30min sleep all afternoon and he did so well. He's asleep for the night now so we'll see how we go....

Kell - thats funny that you know heaps of kids named Louis. We don't know any around us...we thought it would be something different but not too different iykwim??
    Glad that Will seems to be feeling better after a bad time. Yeah, it would be great if you could go out for a night. Just go after the kids are in bed and then you don't have to worry about your MIL doing anything wrong - hehe.
    I'm a bit scared to get rid of the dummy as he usually settles so quickly with it. I'll see how we go tonight and see if I can settle him without it through the night perhaps...
    Louis is quite ticklish...so funny. I love it because he anticipated me know and I can just wiggle my fingers near his belly and he giggles. So funny.

Kerrie - Your so good to get your kids into good habits from early on!! Do you find Jess gets a lot out of playgroup?? I would like to get Louis it playgroup but was told by the mchn to not worry until he's over 12 months. He loves getting together with other kids though like at mothers group and doesn't really see other little kids other than those times....

Cindy - Wow on another tooth! How funny is that - she saw him as a big teething rusk! hehehe. I wonder when Louis will get his teeth?? Normal is anytime up to 12 months I think so I suppose it could be a while away.

Linda - what a great sleep! Lets hope she stays like this!

Nikki - I'm so glad you had a good day with Chantelle! I hope you're feeling better and have been able to have a good think about things. I can imagine your going to be feeling so tired being in 1st tri and having to deal with a little bubba and 3 boys ( I include dh's in the child category - hehehe) Just try and take some time out when you can....

Kristie, Jess doesn't get much but she likes attacking other kids feet and seeing new faces etc. I think it's important that kids interact with other kids so they know what is acceptable and not socially.... It does have a bad side, like picking up bugs and bad habits, but I think they get far more from it. And we get a break too. A cuppa and adult conversation *L* Keeps me sane!

Wink yeah its friday tomorrow

Nicole - hope you are feeling a little better about the pg now. I am only round the corner so if you need someone just pop over. I am home every night, or give me a call. Glad that Chantelle had a good day.

Kristie - good to see Louis was a good boy for you when you had to work.

Linda - What a wonderful sleep you had last night. 1 get up isnt bad at all in my books.

Cindy - congrats on tooth #2. I find that Jordan likes to eat everything when he is teething. cant wait to meet you both also. bummer I missed out on wednesdays catch up.

Katkins - hope you all had fun at playgroup. Jess is a thumb/fiinger sucker like Jordan. I personally love it. Much easier than a dummy.

Kell - I hope your long weekend is good. Hope the IL's are ok. YEAH on the free babysitters. Take advantage of it and maybe catch a good flick at the movies.

Kirsty - I hope that Gus isnt too fussed with his new helmet. How is it going. No probs about the guest book entry. Gussy really is a cutie, he looks like I imagined him to be.

Well as for Jordan and I. last night I was up from 3-4am. 1st a poopy nappy, then probs with teething and then he wanted to be rocked to sleep.
    He has had really runny poos and bright cheeks so I think the top toothy pegs arent too far away (sorry if TMI).
    He went to bed with no hassle tonight. I picked him up from mums at 5pm. DH and I went shopping. Got home about 6ish. gave him Boobs, solids, bath and then bed about 7pm. I havent heard a peep from his room, he must be knackered. Hope he sleeps well tonight. I need to sleep
    Lucky its a long weekend. I dont have to work Monday WOOHOO

Hope everyone has a nice night.
    Sorry if I missed anyone.

Hi all!

The move went well. The only things I'm really happy about, is being back on here without a hitch, having a safer house and a really quiet neighbourhood. My old neighbours were great older people and I'll miss them dearly (good excuse to make visits), but I won't miss the owner and neighbour who lived right across the road from us. We met our new owner of the place we are renting now, and it seems he and Dh know each other from Tafe, so that's even better.

Nikki - We're here for you if you need an ear. You're a super mum, and don't you forget it! LOL

Melissa

Kell Guest

Kristie - Sounds like you are busy busy Dont worry Louis will soon learn how to find his own dummy and pop it back in. We didnt take Molly's off her until 18mths or so, and she was fine with it all so dont worry about having to wean later. Molly didnt get her first tooth until 9 months, and she was such an easy teether no probs at all. I have also heard that the later they get them the better it is in terms of being straight etc. Will is the same we make certain sounds when we are about to tickle him and now whenever he hears that sounds he starts giggling LOL

Nikki - Hope things are moving along nicely, good to hear you had such a lovely day!

Tracey - Hope Jordan had a good sleep for you, sounds like he could be teething too.

Cindy - I know what you mean about taking things for granted, we used to go to the cinema and eat out at least once a fortnight (typical DINK stuff LOL) and now we are lucky to do it once a year!

Hi to everyone else...

Sorry girls. I didn't mean to sound like a know it all or patronising or anything. I just meant that the way Dh and I looked at it was that it was better for us to wean Jess from the dummy. Not every baby is the same and every situation is different! Sorry if I offended you Kell. I didn't mean to.

Kell Guest

kerrie - OMG I didnt mean to sound offended or patronising (did i?). I just wanted to support Kristie in whatever she chose to do. Sorry if i sounded like i thought you were being patronising - NOT AT ALL! i wanted to put in my 2 cents thats all, and how we did it all with Molly - its always good to present different ideas i spose...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast