Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #14

Hi everyone
    Wll today I picked up my costume for the party tomorrow night, it looks awesome. I cant wait i think it will be great night. Jordan chucked a wobbly in the costume place though cause he was tired so I was rapted he slept in the car on the way home.

Kriste and Cindy. I would love to catch up next week if you are free. Tuesdays are good for me, I also have thursdays off so let me know. I will get Nikki to come with me so she can navigate.

Melissa - great news about 3rd and 4th teeth. Cant beleive they both cut so close together, thats very clever!

Linda - I hope Emma is feeling better, poor bubs crying in her sleep. I hope you get some rest aswell.

Kriste YEah on cutting back to the 2 feeds. I cant wait for that. Are you giving Louis milk in a cup at lunch? I dont know how to ween him off that lunch time feed?

Nicole - how are you going? hope Chantelle is still sleeping well and little H is well also.

Cindy - Tori is so clever with her talking.

Hope everyone is well. Catch up saturday after the costume party, I will let you know how it all went. Thankgod AF has finished as didnt want it when I am wearing a bright green body suit, may have been a little embarrassing.

hey guys,i am well.chantelle is still sleeping well.i still get up 1-2 times a night just to put her dummy in but she still doesnt ask for breastfeed so going extremely well,she does however get up very early usually at about 5 am.so i am almost always in bed by 8.30 at night.H is growing well,my tummy is definantly starting to pop out,i did go shopping,i bought a whole bedroom sweet off ebay for 1200 dollars.it included a beautiful hardwood timber cot,bassinet,chest of drws,change table,and bookshelf,all matching aswell as a bath,sheets for cot and bassinet and a musical mobile.it was in carolyn springs which is only 5 minutes from home.woohoo!!!i also bought lots of new blue clothes from target......
    we sold our house today,we took a masive price drop but we are still happy as we can now move on,we have bought a half acre and will build.i found a really nice rental today and have secured that so it is all happeneing...im just glad that we will be settled and in a home well before the baby is due,our house settles on the 25th of september so there is alot to do in the next 45 days....
    cindy,tracey and kristie,im pretty sure that next tuesday should be fine for me to catch up.tracey you can follow me,it is a very easy straight forward drive.
    melissa,i would be telling them to stick there job up[ there ass!!!!!
    linda,sounds like things have been very tough for you lately,i can tell in your posts that you are not a very happy chooky at the moment,hang in there honey,it will pass and get easier,it is so damn hard while you are going through it,but i can PROMISE that there will be a light at th end of the tunnel soon.
    well off to finish dinner
    nikki

Nikki -Congratulations on selling AND finding a rental AND a block of land! My god you have had a busy couple weeks havnt you!

Tracey - What are you going to the party as? I have probably missed it somewhere on here, your green outfit sounds interesting though.

I am fine for either Tuesday or Thursday next week. I have a 2 year old as well on thursdays but that is fine and my mum loves him anyway and is only around the corner if he gives us the you know whats. I am keen for either though, I will leave it up to you to decide girls. It will be great to see you all again though.
    Its so nice now that I am in melbourne and have been able to meet up with you guys. Its strange to think we all met on the net when we were pregnant and have bee nthrough it all together!

Well I am off to bed, DP is out tonight which means I can get to bed without his snoring keeping me awake forever! YAY - it keeps me awake for about an hour every night! Tori is a breeze at night compared to his noises!

Night all

Linda - I hope Emma gets well soon...I hope it's nothing really bad

Nikki - Congratulations on your great buy

Tracey - Have fun at the party...

Cindy - I don't think teething is much fun for us or the little ones.

I've woken up this morning with the flu...I've had 4 hours sleep and the munchkin is crawling around the house calling out "dad da". He's in a talkative mood this morning. All I want to do is sleep...

Melissa

melissa.poor thing,i hope you get well soon and get some sleep.
    c had a very bad night.she has a rawring temp and is not well at all.....oh dear the joys of motherhood.
    nikki

Nikki - Sounds like both you and Linda aren't having much fun either with both Chantelle and Emma sick...Get well bubbas!

Melissa

Hi!

I wrote a post that Cindy would have been proud of late last night and its not here!!! Grrrr. I am not re-writing because I'm too lazy......

Sorry to hear some of you are sick - I hope you all get better soon!

Not much news - Work is frustrating and lucky I have my little monster to keep me sane. He's been such a good boy. He had childcare yesterday and went well. I missed him so much though. I gave him bf when I got home though so that was nice for a cuddle. He woke early this morning and I gave him a nother feed but he only went back to sleep for 20min so I brought him in for cuddles and we both snoozed for another 45min. It was so nice - I haven't done that in ages.

Someone asked about the milk....sorry - I'm giving him a morning feed and a night feed and then a little bit of cows milk with his lunch and thats it. He's eating heaps though - he's having a full bowl of milk with his cereal and a bowl of yoghurt after dinner so getting lots of calcium/dairy.

It's the weekend! We're not up to much. We were meant to go out tomorrow night to dh cousins but I really don't want to. That probably sounds terrible but I know Louis won't go to sleep and I don't really want to get him babysat. Also, it s a group of dh cousins that will be there so they will go on about the past which obviously I wasn't around for which is boring. Also the all smoke and will be drunk and I don't do either (very hard on the alcohol front but now that we're ttc I'm not drinking). (hmmmm I really sound like a boring old woman now don't I?) I just don't really get along with them all that well. I'll probably drop around and then just come home to put Louis to bed. I'd rather jump into bed early with a good mag and some peace and quite......

Tracey - I hope your party goes well.

Hi to everyone!

Nicole CONGRATS on the sale and purchase of your house/land. What a busy lady you have been. Hope Chantelle is feeling better
    Cindy,Kristie Nicole - Tuesday is still good for me just let me know about what time.
    Linda I hop you had a better sleep last night, Is Emma feeling better?
    Melissa hope you feel better soon and get the rest you need.

Going to start getting ready for tonight. Cant wait

Hi!

Tracey /Cindy / Nikki- Tuesdays great - the morning suits me better as I have to be ready and leave for work by 3pm, so will have to leave at around 1.30pm from Cindys.

Have fun tonight Trace!

Tuesday is fine for me too girls! Do you want to go for about 11ish? That way you will miss any traffic on the hwy? I dont mind what time really , just throwing it out there. I think from memory Nikki is usually free about then.

Well no plans this weekend for me, might go to the pool tomorrow but will have to see how the princess is. She has a bit of a snotty nose today thanks to another bloody tooth coming through!!!

Have a good weekend all.

OK everyone, sorry i have been so scarce. Things have just been crazy here lately. Sleep has been bad & Emma has been sick. I ahve read all the posts, just a bit slack with replies, so I will try to keep up from here on - I promise!

Well after our really bad sleeping issues, I have had to make some real changes today. I asked DH to get up to Emma at 3am last night (her first night back in her cot after 2 weeks in our bed). He was leaving her to cry, so I said we both need to agree on what to do & both do the same thing. He said he really isn't happy having her in our bed anymore. I'm OK with that, it really isn't my preference either, but it worked.....Anyway, we have talked about it & I called tresillian today. I feel that I need to put my foot down a bit now as she is wanting to be bf every couple of hours & I'm having trouble coping through the day as I am so tired. The lady was great actually. She said we can either go full on or have an easier transition. I said I don't want to jsut leave her. So she has given us a plan & said that there is no 'time' to do each thing, just as long as I am comfortable with. & if I can't cope with the crying, to pick her up & rock her to sleep. The main thing is not to bf her back to sleep. I am actaully feeling really good about it, but I bet I won't be tongiht!!! :eek: I know there are many different opinions about all of this, but for the first time, I feel that I am ready to make this change now & that Emma is ready too. I feel that I will be a better mother for it because I (hopefully) will get more sleep. Anyway, we will see how it goes. I know it will be really hard & that the next week could be hell, but we will see how it goes...

I went to paintball yesterday! - You should see my bruises!!! :eek: I look like I have been bashed!!

Linda- I really hope this works for you. From what most others have said it only takes a couple of nights not a whole week. so by Wednesday you might be getting great sleeps. I'd love to go paintballing but I bruise really easily so am too scarred!!

Tracey - how did your party go? I missed the bit about what you were going as?

Hope all the sickies are better now. Dylan has been grizzling on and off for a few days and coughing lots so not sure if he's getting the cold I had last week (which developed into an awful chest infection...) or if it's teeth. He certainly has a few teeth bulging out the front of his gums, just none wanting to break thru yet.

My mum has been here for 4 days visiting and went home this afternoon. I used to breathe a sigh of relief when she left, but now I really miss her as she's so good with Dylan and he adores her. It's really hard being interstate. We did a video link-up with my Dad last night though and my nieces in Melbourne waved to Dylan on the computer!

Better go think about dinner... hope you all had a good weekend.

Just a quickie before I head off to bed
    Costume party was awesome. Donella I went as poison ivy from batman (green lycra jumpsuit with a red wig)
    I think we are cutting back to 2 BF a day which is great news as it means no more expressing at work. saturday he only had 2 BF, didnt have a lunch one and went to bed no hassle. He is drinking out of the sippy cup now which is good. Today I caved in and gave him a lucnh BF as he was a bit unsettled. My plan is to give mum and MIL a bottle and formula so if they think he needs a bottle to give him formula. 1 wont kill him!

Linda I hope that the new action plan works for everyone. Its good to see that DH is being supportive.
    Donella hope you are feeling better soon.
    Nicole what time should I meet you Tuesday? I dont know how long it takes to get to Cindy's? Cant wait to catch up with everyone.

Night all

Donella- I know what you mean about being in a different state, that is why pretty much we decided to move back to Melbourne where my mum can help out. DP's parents were on the cost but absolutely useless to us!

Linda - We are about to start the same thing over again with Tori and it isn't fun. I did find that starting it during the day last time was really good coz you tend to be more relaxed and not thiking in the back of your head, I need to get back to bed! We have had her in our bed the last few weeks too with house sitting at the moment, she isnt keen on going to sleep by herself in the porta cot unfortunately but tomorrow I am going to give it a try again anyway.

Tori has tooth #6 coming through at the moment and with it a temperature that got up to 39.8 the other night and the runny nose so she isnt the happiest baby at the moment. Just to top it off tpp, she has gone off her solids yet again and so we are b/feeding for what feels like all day! I just cant deny her it though when she is getting nothing else into her. I so desperately want her to have put on weight at the next weigh in in two weeks so I can start thinking about weaning but obviously I cant when its all she gets some days/weeks.

Looks like I am going back to work with my old boss next month doing 9-1 four days a week. I would like to do more but again on the feeding front, untill she is putting on weight I cant leave her to be 'fed' by someone else. As it is to get anything into her I have to trick her and get it in when she is playing with something!! Atleast the money will be handy to get the savings up again and hopefully be out of my mums place sooner.

Well, I must love you and leave you, time for me to try to get some sleep.

Kristie - Tracey - Nikki - are we on for Tuesday at about 11ish?

Linda - I love Emma's picture My dh went to Skirmish a few years back, and I can remember the bruises he come home with too...

Cindy - If I could do those hours, I'd so give up night shift in a blink of an eye...

Tracey - That's great that you enjoyed the costume party...got to get out and have fun whenever you can.

Donella - That's so nice you can still keep in touch with family over the net through a video link...It's hard when your family is scattered everywhere. I'd like to go see my Aunt in England. She really wants to see Benjamin, and I'd love him to meet her. We've been sending her updated pics every few weeks.

Melissa

I can't believe it....I didn't have to get up once. :eek: I am still in shock. She had a few little cries in the night, but not for more than 20 seconds each time, more like a little cry in her sleep. She slept on her tummy, which she has never done before (as I always lay her down). So I worried about that a bit. I got up to check on her at 4am. She woke at 6am, so I got her up then. She is actually having a little snooze right now in my arms while bf (naughty me ) but she was up much earlier than normal & I think we did well enough. So I have to say I am really shocked at how well she went & I really feel a massive relief about it. And it was so nice when she smiled & chatted to me just like normal! I was scared I would 'damage' her IYKWIM.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I feel emotionally drained! But also feel that I've done the right thing for us at this point in time...

Kell Guest

Hiya!

Linda - YAY on the sleep last night, that's so great! Sounds like the tresillian call was really helpful and encouraging, i am so glad that Emma is sleeping better already! Ouch, i have never been to paintball and i am not good with pain so i might never LOL

Tracey - Im glad the party was great!

Cindy - #6 :eek: I hope poor Tori feels better soon. Hopefully her sleep will settle down soon too, not being in her own place cant help i spose, Will doesnt sleep well in a portacot either but these things must be done sometimes

Donella - Sounds like you had a nice visit with your mum, i am lucky that mine lives a 2min drive away but she is thinking of moving soon hmmmm.. I hope those pesky teeth pop thru soon *fingers crossed*

Kristie - I hope your night out went ok, i feel the same as you most nights would rather curl up with a good book and relax. i especially dont like taking Will out to parties as everyone wants a cuddle and he gets passed around and wound up and then i get to try and calm him down for sleep grrr...

Melissa - Hope you and Benjamin are doing well

Nikki - hope you are all good...

Well thats the catch up done, i havent posted in a few days and it creeps up on you *L* We are doing well, Will is soooo close to crawling (finally haha) but just cant quite get the legs moving one b4 the other. He is being weighed this morning so i will drop in and let you know the heifers stats LOL, he is so heavy now...oh what i wouldnt give for a little dainty baby i am also going to get him drinking from a cup this week, i havent tried it yet but hopefully he will take it ok. not much else happening here...

Have a good day!

linda.good to hear from you,i had a feeling that you were about to embark on this decision.may i just say,you are aware that i too had to go through the same thing with chantelle,it is not easy and you do need to realise that the first few nights will indeed be hard but i must enfasize how important it is to be consistant.there will be times when you just feel that you cant do it and you just want to give her the breastfeed,but i promise you that if you just hang in there she will be a different baby for you within a couple of days,it is absolutly important that you and dh are both on the same path and can be there to help each other through it as it can be soooo tempting to just give up and make her all better by going back to the old ways,dont do it.....stand with each other and dont let the other give in,c only took 3 nights and it was awful but she came through the other side and has not had a feed over night since we came home,except on one occasion.she still wakes 1-2 times a night but she takes the dummy and goes back to sleep.i was very worried that she was going to be a very sad baby and hate me for what i was doing but infact it has been the total opposite.we have a fantastic time with each other through the day,i am sooo much happier bacause i am not sleep deprived and she can scence that but also she is happier because she is getting the sleep she needs and deserves too.our whole daily routine has improved 100 percent and even though this a a very controversial topic and belly belly promotes gentle sleep solutions i would recommend doing this as the results are incredible and my beautiful baby has not at all been scarred by these events.good luck linda,if you want any support please pm me cos i truly understand exactly what you are doing and going through right now.
    tracey meet me at my house at 9.45 and you can follow me.we will leave as soon as you arrive.looking forward to it.
    cindy i need the address please.
    nikki

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast