Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #14

Default Babies Born October 2005 #14

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    SherieB - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

October '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Kell
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 1.10.05
    Baby's Stats:7pound 12oz, 53cm long and HC 37cm.
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Will
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns: Will has a hip dysplasia, is being fitted with pavlick harness.
    Notes: 3 weeks early, caesarian delivery. Have daughter, 23.02.03, who is in cast after operation for hip dysplasia.

Forum Name: *Linda*
    Baby's DOB: 4th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2700gLength -47.5cm Head Circ - 30cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emma Joy
    Baby's Website: on www link
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: M1tbull (Melissa)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 4th October 2005
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Benjamin Anthony
    Baby's Stats: 4410g (9lb 11 1/2oz), Length 55.5cms, Head circ 35cms.
    Baby's Website: -
    Health Concerns: Still has a little touch of Jaundice
    Notes: 13 days early because of his growth, and my diabetes.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Krisvee
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2.67kg/5lb14 Length - 46cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Louis Robert
    Health Concerns: N/A
    Notes: Born 2 weeks early

Forum Name: Cindyb
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 9/10/05
    Baby's Name: Victoria Claire Hay
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/heybaby/
    Health Concerns: Nothing
    Notes: She arrived on her due date after a 6 hour natural labour with no drugs and no stitches, she came out so fast though that she needed oxygen for a few minutes before she even cried so her apgar scores werent great but she is a little princess now. Birth weight was 6lb12oz

Forum Name: nicolemckay (nikki)
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 13th October 2005 3.18pm
    Baby's Stats: 5lbs 13oz, Length 45cm, HC 33cm
    Gender of Baby:Girl
    Baby Name(s): Chantelle Jasmine
    Baby's Website:
    Notes:ceaserian section,39 weeks gestation, apgar score 9 and 10.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Fenella
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 19th October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3695 Length - 49cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby Name(s): Tamsin
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    8 days early

Forum Name: Candice
    Baby's DOB: 22nd October 2005 8:02pm
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 3 Length -52.5cm
    Baby Name(s): Brynach Anthony Herbert McLeod
    Baby's Website: nil
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes:

Forum Name: dee73 (Donella)
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 22nd October 2005
    Baby's Stats: 3.85kg (8lb 8oz); 51.5 cm long; 36.1cm head circ.
    Baby Name(s): Dylan Jacob
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlereed/
    Health Concerns: -
    Notes: 6 days early
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Katkins
    Baby's DOB: 28th October 2005
    Gender of Baby: GIRL!
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Erin
    Baby's Website: None as yet....been too busy to even do Kat's one!
    Health Concerns: Windy baby....likes to drink fast and hard and sucks in a LOT of air.

Forum Name: Deancey
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 31st October 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.9 kilo Length - 51 cm
    Baby Name(s): Jordan Bailey
    Baby's Website: bubbadean.com.au
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) none
    __________________________________________________ ______________

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

Ooh I'll start!!!

Louis and I went to the park this afternoon and had lots of fun! He went on the slide (I held him) and went on a little springy thing and bopped around. The park we have has a lake and so we went down and I sat him on the sand which he found odd. Then he went for a crawl on the grass which he found funny as well. He was pointing at the dogs and birds and the kids. It was so cute!!! It was really warm too! I didn't think about it until we got there though and luckily I keep sunscreen in his nappy bag. Even still he has once pink cheek so my bad. (when I say warm it was forecast at 17 degrees - hehehe - a warm melbourne winter day!) So I'll definiatly be taking him back down there again soon. I was hoping it would tire him out enough to have a daytime sleep but no....I think I'll give him his dinner soon though and put him to bed early.

Cindy - See you on Wed!

wow i likw what they have put at the start of the page,how very useful.
    cindy the modeling was a bust,when they rang me they told me they wanted a sixe 0 bay that could stand on there own,i said that she couldnt stand on her own,only up against furniture and my legs etc,she said no probs and gave me the address.we went along and they didnt use her and had to use the back up baby,they DID want a baby who could stand on there own, i was not impressed.we still had fun watching,it was in a park and was a beautiful day so we stayed and enjoyed the outdoors anyway.needless to say the agency are still paying her $85 for turning up.
    nikki

Bugger Nikki not getting any pics done, talk about a time waste. Its good of them to still pay you though. No wonder advertising costs so much, they must get that sort of thing all the time!

Well I am off to have a coffee with my sister so I will check in later. We are having photos done today for the bonnie babes book. Is anyone else doing that?

Kell Guest

Morning all!

Nikki - wow on your little man, i like Harrison, we had considered that name for Will Bummer on the photo shoot, but at least you e paid for turning up i spose...

Kristie - Will loves the park too, he absolutely loves to swing he laughs and laughs LOL. Sounds like you had a nice day, it has been lovely sunny days here too, still bit chilly tho.

Cindy - What is the bonnie babes book?

Will was bit grizzly over the weekend, i think teeth, but is fine again now. I have just lately realised that he doesnt really cry or grizzle much anymore. he will if he is over tired or hungry but otherwise he just is happy to be playing, rolling, sitting around - a very happy easy to please bubba i think, i hope he stays that way LOL (his sis is very high maintenance ) I have decided to go back to cloth nappies, i have been browsing the web for different types, there are SOO many out there i am not sure what to get LOL. Otherwise not much happening here, hope you are all well....

I am now officially annoyed with work. I only found out last night after doing all this overtime, that I won't be getting paid for it...I was not told that with being on work cover you do no overtime and leave at 11:30pm. I did a full week last week including overtime and now the overtime doesn't count. I am How are you expected to know these things, I'm not a mind reader...Anyhow, the supervisors pretended they didn't even know I was on light duties. Turns out only 2 of them knew and one had gone on holidays and didn't relay it to the others. Not happy!

Nikki - That's a shame about the photo shoot. How's that rash under her chin?

Kristie - No little miracle for my sister...In a way, her not being pg has made her kind of happy...

Melissa

Kell Guest

Melissa - sorry to hear you are having a bad time with work, i must say it sounds like they are making things hard for you *fingers crossed* you can get things sorted soon. I also send my best to you and your sister, it must be a hard time for her but at least she seems ok with the whole situation...

Kell - She took herself out of hospital the other day. They had her in the maternity ward, which she was very uneasy with since she had recently miscarriaged. She is at home with mum now.

Melissa

Hi!

We had a busy busy day. First off we had an hour at the child care which I was actually really happy with. I had a good chat with the child care lady and she was really nice and she picked up on the kids if they were a bit rough with each other and stuff. So yep, really happy with that. So Louis goes in for his first afternoon on Thursday.
    Then a mad dash over to our mchn app which went well. Louis is going well. He is 71.5cm and 8.8kg. So still a little man but thats just the way he's going to be I think. The nurse said that I could start weaning at any time now which I found odd but it's nice to know. She said especially because he's eating so well and having plenty of dairy anyway. So I think I'll probably drop his lunch time feed at some point in the next few weeks and then another a few weeks after that and I'll be all weaned by his 1st b'day. Part of me would like to keep going but I also would like more bubbas so...he's had a pretty good go at it anyway.
    Then I had work so was busy all afternoon.
    I've just finished doing the census online thus being up so late....it didn't take too long so that was ok.

Cindy - I'll see you tomorrow at mothers group! Hope the photos went well.

Nikki - Hope Chantelle's still sleeping well and your going well! Have you done your baby shopping yet?

Kell - Wow at going back to cloth nappies. I so couldn't do that now....I'm glad you're enjoying your little boy. Sometimes it feels like your heart is going to burst with love for these little terrors....

Melissa - That sounds sooo bad with work. I would tell them to shove it if you don't really need to be there....Perhaps it's worth looking into a new job? Good luck with it all....I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. It sounds horrible that they put her in the maternity ward of all places!!! I'm glad she seems to be going ok.

Kristie - I've just about had enough with work. I love the people on night shift, but hate night shift hours. I've had 3 hours sleeps, because Benjamin wanted to be awake at 5am. He's been sitting there sticking his nails into my hand and arm to get my attention. I'll be geting the nail clippers to them very soon.

Benjamin has another tooth! That's 3 now and another is almost through.

Melissa

OK, I'm back. It was a huge funeral, very sad, but the number of people there & the beautiful service just showed what an amazing man he was.... .....Anyway, the trip was huge, we got home at 11pm last night. Emma went really well for most of the trip, but we did have one hour that I just wanted to get out & walk ROFL.

Melissa - that is awful!! I would be SO mad! How can they just not pay you??

Nikki - how exciting! Even though she iddn't get to do the shoot it would have been a fun experience! And yay on getting paid just for turning up!

Kristie - ooh - it might not be long then until you fall pg!!! How exciting! I'm a bit torn too with TTC & bf. For now I'll keep BF, but we'll see what happens after 12 months.

Sorry for no more personals, I have just been through & read all of your posts, just in a hurry!

Linda - I was told that I may as well forget the overtime they owe me, because I've got bucklies getting it because of being on worker's comp. It sucks big time! Funerals are so sad...

I've had my hair chopped again, due to having to wear it under hairnets and stuff all the time. I'm in the process of dying my hair a deep red brown. It's looking good. Well, that's in my opinion...

HI HO HI HO it's off to work I go...Well to get ready anyhow...

Melissa

Hi!

Not much news....

Cindy - Great to catch up with you this afternoon. I can't wait to see your bonnie babes photos!! Tori is looking very well - It is so cute when she says "good girl"...hehehe.

Melissa - I hope you got a snooze in today - I'd be an absolute mess on 3 hours sleep! Good for you for doing your hair - I'm sure it looks great too!!

Linda - Glad that it all went ok....I've cut Louis down to 2 feeds today so I'll see how he goes overnight. He's had heaps to eat but he just doesn't stop so we'll see. The dr today was trying to tell me to keep feeding just one feed at 12m + as well and said that I could get p/g so we'll see....I would like to have my body back for a little while but if it's not to be I'll still be happy! I saw 2 newborn babies at the dr's and they looked so cute and tiny......

Goodnight!

Kristie - so does he have a formula feed as well?

Emma's not well. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but she has a bit of a temp & is just miserable. Could be a long night...

Linda - How is Emma today? Is she any better than yesterday?

Kristie - I didn't get to have another sleep before work. I felt like a zombie yesterday, and today I've had a little more sleep but I still feel wrecked.

Benjamin has cut his 4th tooth. That's 2 in only a few days. He's been so miserable...

Melissa

She's not well at all. We had a terrible night, high temp. She cried in her sleep a lot. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, but Mum is coming over later so that will be good...

Linda - I'm sorry to hear Emma is still sick. Its so hard when they are sick at this age, you cant ask them whats hurting or anything like that. I find that Nurofen is the only thing that will bring toris fevers down again.

Melissa- Wow on Benjamin getting two teeth in as many days! I say lets get all the teething over and done with in one go!
    I wonder if Emmas fever is teething related?

Kristie- You have disappointed me girl! Where is your epic post you promised me? (joking) It was fantastic to catch up with you again yesturday and I definately think we should try to get Nikki and Tracey over here in the next week or so. This house I am in is just fantastic for kidds to get around!

Nikki and Tracey - Kristie and I were wondering if Tuesdays suit you if your free to catch up? I dont even mind if its this tuesday coming if that works for you girls! The place I am in we are hous sitting for a few weeks and the lady who lives here does family day care so it is fully child proofed!!!! It is also really easy to find, its just down the street from where i live so you just go to the end of the eastern freeway and its not far at all from there.
    Better be off, today is my day of having 3 kids under 5 and boy am I warn out by it at the end of the day, I can here the older two getting annoyed with eachother about something!!!

Have a good day all - Sorry about the long post, I dont even think I have particularly said anything in it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast