Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #14

Nikki - thank you for your support. I know it is going to be hard!! DH is great though, he knows he has to be strong because I would give up so easily! And I honestly think that to do it half heartedly would be worse, because it would just confuse her. She was a bit clingy this morning, but not too bad. I can honestly say that I am an emotional wreck ATM, but I feel good about the decision...

Kell - go Will!! Can't wait to hear when he is crawling!!

Hi girls,
    Just wanted to say I am glad everyone is enjoying their little bundles and having a ball watching them learning to crawl and cruise and chat away in baby talk! It's so cute and they are soooo adorable. I know I enjoy watching jess and kat playing and giggling with each other! Kat plays at pretending to eat Jess' tummy and they both giggle SOOO much. This is such a lovely stage!

Linda - Well done!! As nikki said, they seem alot happier through the day when they put themselves to sleep dont they! Perhaps its just that we feel more rested and better able to handle them.

Nikki and Tracey - Sorry I havent given the address yet, totally forgot and its kind of cruicial! 2 Closter Ave, Nunawading. Just go to the end of the eastern Fwy, turn right onto springvale rd, right into Springfield and its the first right (which is just as you turn into springfield rd. We are at the top of the hill on the left, has a white picket fence with blue on the top of it. Nikki, its just around the corner from where I actually live. You can actually see my house from this house! Looking forward to seeing everyone again tomorrow!!

Have a good night all, Tori has just gone down for her nap, a bit late but thats ok, so I must be off to organise something for tea.

Hi!

Louis and I are sick at the moment so I just haven't had energy for anything. I'm so sorry to miss out on seeing Tracey, Nikki and Cindy (and bubbas!) today but I don't think you all need this cold! Louis is sleeping now as well so I think he would have been a misery guts missing it. I hope you have a great catch up! Cindy I hope you got my message this morning....
    Louis has been waking heaps through the night with his snotty nose the poor little monkey. We're back on 4 bfs as well as he's wanting to feed through the night and I'm giving him an extra one through the day as he's not eating as much as usual. It wouldn't normally be so bad but I'm really sick as well. I suppose it's not to bad to get to 10m without being sick together!!
    We've got to head off to work this afternoon though which is crap. I've got one of the mums watching him (she's a family day care and a family friend) but I don't know how he'll go being so sick. She's just staying on the premises with him so just for today I might need to give him cuddles.
    I think I have a solution with work. I"m just going to downsize it all and run some pre-primary classes for next year through school hours - just on one day a week. So Louis will go into care for a day while I do that. Then there will be no concert and no pressure just keep it really low key. Then when I'm near having bubba no.2 I'll just finish up.....I think it will definately be too difficult to run it with 2 kids and definately not worthwhile to pay for two in childcare. Thats also something I definately don't want to do with a little bubba as well. I may as well just enjoy these years at home with my bubbas and focus on business when they're at school.....
    Sorry to rant...

Linda - Wow on the paintball - I'd be way to much of a sook for that....YEAH! on Emma sleeping through! Thats fantastic news!

Donella - Sorry to hear you guys have been unwell. I hope you're all feeling better now!

Tracey - Glad you had fun at your costume party!!! Yeah on cutting Jordan back to two feeds. That will make life a bit easier for you at least....

Cindy - Thats great news about work! That will be very handy. Wow on Tori's 6th tooth! Bugger she's not eating again....Hopefully when she gets over the sniffles she'll be ready for some solids again.

Kell - I'm sure it won't be long before Will's crawling around everywhere!

Nikki - Sounds like everythings under control still with Chantelle. Thats so great!! It certainly makes life easier! I've definately noticed having a couple of bad nights with Louis again how much it mucks you around. Can you believe it was like that everynight for so long! No wonder we were losing our minds!! hehehe.

Kerrie - The girls sound absolutley gorgeous playing together....

Have a great day!

Kristie - that sounds like a great idea with work. That way you are in control & don't have to worry about staff etc. It must be a big relief to have made that decision.

Nice av Kerrie!

Hope you girls had a great meetup today!

Well, believe it or not - Emma took 5 minutes to fall asleep last night!! :eek: I am still in shock. In my head I feel really pleased with how it is going, I really didn't expect such fast results. So why the hell do I feel so lousy? I am on the verge of tears all day long. I feel so damn guilty!! Nikki - I think I need your advice!! I feel like I have got the best result possible, but I just feel like ****! I guess that too will pass. I hope so, because I can't stand feeling like this, I'd rather be tired...

Linda, I know how you are feeling. I too felt guilty when we started CC with Kat and then too with Jess. But seeing a baby who is happy and not grumpy because she is tired and having more energy to play and being in a better mood so you actually want to play and laugh with them is soooo worth it. I hope when she wakes up and gives you the biggest grin and giggles and plays with you! Maybe seeing how happy and undamaged she is will help you feel better? Oh I am no good at explaining things like this. I'm sorry if I have botched it. I am just saying that once you are both getting a full nights sleep with little if any interruption, she will be happier and so will you. And she will be greatdul for a rested and happy mum!

Hi!

Linda - You'll feel better soon I'm sure! There were times I felt like that with Louis but I honestly needed the rest so got over it pretty quickly - hehe. (does that make me sound mean? - hehe) I know it's horrible when you're doing it though....Thats great that she's taken to it so well though!!!

It is a relief to finally have a plan I'm happy with. It will mean things will be tight with money but for all the stress we're really not that much better off now! I know I definately do not want my waters breaking from teaching a class with the next bubba - hehe. I think I'll always feel a bit guilty for him coming a couple of weeks early. I know I'll never know if he would have anyway but I really don't think the little monster was quite ready....

CIndy and Nikki I had an awesome morning with you both and Jordan had a great time with the girls. He was knackered on the way home and was asleep the entire way home.
    Nikki Chantelle was just gorgeous with all the kisses she gave Jordan and Cindy, Tori is the cleverest little girl, with her walking with the coffee table.
    Kristie sorry you werent feeling well we will see you soon though. GLad to see you have worked out a better work schedule.
    Linda I hope you start to feel better soon. You are doing a fabulous job with Emma and you should feel proud of yourself for raising such a happy and smart little girl.
    Kell Hope that WIll and Molly are doing well.
    Kirstie how are you and Gus doing?
    Kerrie how is everything in your household?

Hope everyone gets a good night sleep

Hi Tracey!

Gorgeous piccie by the way - I'm so sorry I missed you guys but glad you had a great time!

Poor Louis was so grumpy at work and just wanted his mummy, but obviouly couldn't....I felt so bad because he just doesn't feel well. He didn't want to go to bed tonight so was up until 9pm! I hope that means he'll sleep well (not holding my breath)

Sweet dreams everyone!

Kristie - Sorry I didnt get back to you with your message, I'm sorry to hear you guys arent well though, i have my fingers crossed for you that louis decides to sleep well tonight for you!!

Tracey and Nikki - As usual, it was great to catch up with you gals and bubs. I swear it feels like I have know you guys for ages the way we natter on about everything! Tori was worn out from all the playing today and had a 3 hour sleep this arvo so I got a nap too which was great but then I bought her to bed with me for cuddles and I must have dozed off when mother of the year (thats me - Not) hears a thud and my princess crying as she had fallen off the bed yet again. That is twice in one day!! I am very glad that the bed is only about 30cm from the ground to mattress but even still it gives her a big old fright!

Linda - you are doing fantastically, Emma has taken to CC really well by the sounds of it and hopefully for your sake it will continue and you can get some more rest and start to feel a bit more like you again! I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so down at the moment, its just not fun!

Well, I am off to bed, the princess has just gone down again and i love it when its this late coz I actualy get some sleep instead of her waking just after I get to bed!I have to somehow get into the swing of going to bed earlier, I'm such a night owl though.

Well last night was pretty awful. Jordan cut his right top tooth last night and he was up from 3.30am till 5am. When my alarm went off at 6am I rolled over and went back to sleep, no work for me I was too tired.
    We dont normally have bad nights so I can only empathise with anyone who has interupted sleeps most nights.
    Cindy I hope Tori slept well for you. OOPS about her falling off the bed. It happens though so dont feel too bad.
    Kristie Poor Louis feeling sick and wanting his mum! I am sure he got plenty of cuddles once you had finished work. Hope you are both feeling better.

Today is a slack day although Jordan is all over the shop, He had 1/2 hr nap this morning I just gave him some lunch and I have put him back to bed??? I think he is still knackered himself from last night. Hopefully he wont be too out of sorts as we have to babysit our friends kids tonight at their place so he will be sleeping in the portacot.

Have a great day everyone, wish the wind would ease up and I could take Jordan to the park. Its awful at the moment

Hi!

We had a shocker here as well. Louis was really unsettled and then at around 12.30am decided he would like to scream. If I tried to cuddle him he would thrash all around and was just not happy. Eventually he settled when I was walking with him but when I went to lie down he would scream again. I eventually got some sleep sitting up on the couch with him! So after a few hours of broken sleep he started up again at 5am! Dh's alarm went off and I handed him over because I was ready to go crazy! Dh let him cry it out and he went to sleep until just after 8am so at least I got a few hours in uninterrupted. He's still quite sick today but at least had about an 1 1/2-2 sleep this morning which is good.

I really should be doing work but I haven't even showered yet - I can't be bothered doing anything and the house is a pigsty!

Cindy - No worries! I hope you got a good nights sleep in!

Tracey - Sorry to hear you had a shocker as well. I don't blame you for not going to work today!

Ooh some other news for us - we have decided that we are going to move to the country!!! Not just yet but when we're ready to buy our next house we're going to move up to Bonnie Doon/Mansfield area...a major lifestyle change but I think it will be great. Hopefully doing a Nikki and buying land to build on....Dh would have work with his dad and so I definately wouldn't have to worry about having to work myself! Anyway I'm a bit excited even though it's at least 12m off. It's kind of scary though as well as I haven't lived anywhere else really. But I figure if we don't like it we can always just come back.

Have a great day!

melissa,kerry,kell,donella and kirstie,how are you all traveling?
    linda,how are you and em going,are you getting some good results yet,dont worry,i cried non stop for 3 days and thought i was getting a touch of depression,it will pass and get easier.promise.
    cindy and tracey i had a great time on tuesday,look forward to the next one.
    kristie,hope you and louis are getting better,rest up love you need it.
    chantelle has teeth,explains the fever the other day,i have been checking regularily and couldnt see any but have just realised i was looking in the wrong places,she is cutting the top 2 next to the front,my boys cut there teeth in the right order so i am suprised that she isnt cutting the front four first,hope this is normal.needless to say...yippee!!!!
    nikki

Hi!

Louis slept through last night! Woohoo. He hasn't in about a week so that was nice - especially after the other night. He's sooo clingy through the day though at the moment with his cold. I so don't want to take him to childcare today but I don't have a choice....grrr.

Nikki - Wow on Chantelles teeth!!! I must say I've only been looking at the bottom of his mouth...I'll have to have a look later (although I'm pretty sure there's no sign of any of them! hehe) From what I've heard it doesn't really matter what order they come in...Cindy would probaby know!

Hi to everyone!

Kell Guest

Hi to all!

Nikki - travelling along nicely here. I just dont know where the days go atm, i cant believe its thursday already :eek: How are you feeling?
    Kristie - poor Louis, i hope he feels better soon, it is so heartbreaking when they are sick. You have been making some exciting decisions too, moving and downsizing work, heres hoping it goes very smoothly *fingers crossed*
    Tracey - hope Jordan went ok in the portacot, Will doesnt like them much grrr
    Kerrie - You must love watching the girls play together, Molly loves to play with Will and he just adores her but she gets a bit rough sometimes

had a weigh in this week, 12.2 kg 79cm and 50 head circ. so all well there. My birthday next week, YAY 27 this year ( I had to double check with DH i couldnt remember LOL)and it's my mums the day b4 she will be 51 so we have a week of bday cake coming up mmmm I have made the move back to cloth nappies, i bought some new covers etc and i am actually really enjoying it. Otherwise not much news here, ooo i did put in my application for uni, should hear next month yay!

Cheers

Hi!

Kell - I so agree with you on the time flying!! It's crazy! Dh tells me not to get excited about the move yet but when I think of finishing up work and having another baby before we do it we will be so busy that it will go so quickly! and there would be so much to organise!

Wow Will is so big!!! Glad that he's going so well. Yeah on your and your mums b'days next week. mmmhhhh....cake....!

Glad that the move to cloth is going so well! You're a brave girl!! The way Louis' backside it I wouldn't dare!hehehe.

would you believe Emma didn't even cry last night when I put her down? I'm still in shock. she hasn't been up ONCE through the night since we made the changes. She has taken to it SO well. I am getting more used to it too. still emotional, but it is getting better. I feel so bloody silly getting so uptight about this all. It has jsut been a really hard adjustment for me.

Kell - I'm going cloth with you mate!! I'm so excited!! HAve a few on order & in the meantime have only been using cloth (terrys) during the day & disp at night.

Nikki - thanks, I am feeling a little better each day. Will get there. HOpe those teeth don't cause too much trouble. I have heard of them coming in that order too.

Kristie - poor Louis. Hope he goes well in child care. He will probably be fine once he is there.

Hi!

Linda - so glad Emmas sleeping so well for you

GUESS WHAT????

I did a test and its a BFP!!!!!!!!!

I felt a bit queasy this morning and over lunch and just thought I'd test as I've been sick (I got a bad flu when I fell p/g with Louis)

I can't believe it!!!! I'm so excited and a bit scared!!

Geez Nikki I'm not too far behind you!! hehehe.

I'm a bit nervous though because I've been working out at the gym and even the instructor the other day asked if we were p/g and we all said no because the workout was so hard.....I hope my new little bubbas ok in there! hehehe

At work all afternoon will catch up with everyone later!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast