Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #14

Love the pic Nikki!

I'm going okay, back at work 3 days a week so I feel busy (I don't know how people can go back to full time) but it's good. Tamsin still wakes about every 2 hours at night, but we're co-sleeping, and usually a feed (or sometimes a nappy change too - DH does those) will put her back to sleep pretty fast. Other than that, she's a happy little girl, crawling everywhere, and has worked out how to cruise (very slowly so far) and get cupboards open...

Sorry for lack of personals, I have trouble keeping up with you all

Just a quick one from me tonight, I am buggered, had a massive day and a baby that looks like is only having one sleep a day at the moment. Not fun! She is getting better at night though, slept 12 hours the last two nights but was up twice both times but I am giving her formula in the wee hours of the morning which seems to do the trick at the moment.

I went to the doctors today and he did bloods, got the results this arvo and my levels of HCG tell us that we I am only about 6 weeks along, I thought it would be way further but no. Now though I am stressing and dont want to tell anyone incase anything happens (this is how I was last time too after having had the miscarriage before tori) and I am trying to not get to excited about it all untill I hit the 12 week mark atleast! On the other hand though, I cant stop thinking about it and am hanging to have an ultrasound done. My dr says to hold off untill we hit 12 weeks though.

Fanella- good to see you back in here, you must be worn out with such broken sleep and working 3 days!

Well, I am off..... Time for a hot chocolate and bed I'm thinking! All this thinking and exctitement is wearing me out. Oh yeah, my calculations tell me I will be due in April, around DP's birthday

Hi!

Fenella - What a bugger you're still having such a broken sleep - I hope she settles down for you soon!

Cindy - Wow! How weird is it that we may be due around the same time again!!! hehehe. Thats poo they won't let you have a scan until 12 weeks! I thought the range of hcg levels could vary hugely so it makes me wonder how accurate in telling you how far along you are is.....

Louis woke at 10pm last night with a poo but then wouldn't go back to sleep but he was ok so we had to cc him. It took ages but then he slept through so it was worth it. I felt a bit guilty because he's sick but if I picked him up he would close his eyes instantly so I knew he wasn't in pain....Anyway at least I got a good nights sleep after that!

Gotta rush - have a good weekend everyone!

Hi Ladies
    well we are back from BRIGHT, it was so lovely. DH took us to Brown Brothers winery, he is a huge fan of their wine and we ended up spending $600.00 on wine, not all for us though which is good.
    Poor Jordan has an ear infection. I had to leave work friday morning as MIL said he was miserable, wouldnt eat and couldnt be put down. I got there and he was so pleased to see my however he was running a temp. Off to the docs and they confirmed an ear infection.
    He was [pretty good on the drive up however he threw up a bit, he didnt eat at all friday only had boobs. Saturday (day) he was great but at night it turned pear shaped. He was up from 1.30am to 4.50am. Both DH and I were losoing it as we had people staying in the next cabin so they would have heard everything. He finally settled after DH took him into the shower at 4.30am.
    He slept 2 1/2 hrs on the way home today which was good but when we went to put him to bed tonight he screamed again. It took a good hour to settle him which is SO unlike him. I hope this passes as I was getting really impatient with him and I hate that.
    Anyways good to see the new mums to be are doing well.
    Fenella good to see Tasmin is well. Hope to see you more often.

Take care catch up tomorrow. Hopefully Jordan will be ok for my mum or another sickie will be taken. I hope work arent to ****ty with me but Jordan is top priority!

Tracey - the weekend away sounds lovely. Sorry Jordan was sick though.

Fenella - it's great to hear from you! Glad all is well!

Emma has a bit of a cold ATM. So on Saturday night the 'rules' went out the window & she ended up in our bed, it was nice But last night she went down no problems again which was great.

Kell Guest

Morning!

Tracey - sounds like a great weekend away, sorry to hear about Jordan tho - hope he feels better soon.

Linda - Will is a bit off atm too, i think it is teeth tho. he is just a bit out of sorts but last night he was running a temp and grizzly - seems better today tho. Hope Emma kicks it soon

Cindy - i hope tori's sleep improves for you, you need your rest atm LOL.

Hi to everyone else
    It is my mum's bday today and mine tomorrow so we had lunch together yesterday (one of my sis's, her dh mum and us). we bought fish and chips and sat in the back yard here under the willow tree, it was such a nice day! Will had already eaten his lunch but when he saw the chips his eyes lit up LOL and he kept trying to grab the paper and pull it towards him it was cute. Every time he did it we all would laugh so he thought that was great and he was laughing and pulling paper having a wonderful time - it was very cute This is such a cute age dont u think? they are soaking up so much information and are just delightful
    Have a nice day...

Kell - Happy birthday for tomorrow!! It sounds like you had a great day today, sounds very nice!
    Tracey - you had a good weekend didnt you! Poor munchkin and his earache though. It so frustrating when they are in pain and cant tell you what the problem is isnt it!

Well, I have a grunpy bub at the moment too, she has a rash which the doctors think is viral but nothing to worry about, just keep her home for a few days etc... Looks like i might catch up on some sleep and reading before my work starts next week!

I'm off anyway, I havent even thought about tea and I am starving, not to mention the screaming bub in the background which DP is ignoring but it is driving me bananas!!

Hope you are all well and had great weekends

Cindy - I hope the rash clears up soon!

Kell - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow & get spoilt rotten!!!

All's well here. Got some new cloth nappies in the mail today so that was exciting!!

I have updated Emma's website if you want to have a look.

Happy Birthday Kell!

Wow - cloth nappies... you're all very brave.

Linda - what has Emma got on her head??? She has such a cheeky grin!

LOL. It's a cloth nappy. Her Poppy put it there. Yep, I was a bit nervous at first, but it's much differnt than the old terry squares! They are jsut like disposables that you wash now - & very funky

Cindy sorry to hear that Tori isnt well I hope that she gets over the infection soon.
    Kell have a great birthday
    Linda one night of co sleeping shouldnt hurt and sounds as though Emma is doing great as she is going to sleep really well now. I bought Jordan into our bed sunday morning at the cabin and he slept with us for another 2 hrs. Best thing I ever did. I will try not to make it a habit though.

Well Jordans is getting better. He ate really well today and went to bed with little fuss.
    We are starting swimming classes now on thursday mornings, how exciting. they are at 10.30 though which is normally when he is asleep so hopefully we can change his sleeps around that. its only for 1/2 hr so will be home by 11.15ish.

Have a nice night everyone, hopes bubs sleep well for us all.

hi girls.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELL !!!!!!!hope you have an awsome day.
    tracey.chantelle is staring swimming lessons next monday aswell.hers is at 11.30 at the melton waves,cant beleive i have to get in with her though,can you imagine my belly in a few weeks,eewww!!!
    cindy and kristie,i hope the m/s is staying away for you both.bet you are both tired though,
    chantelle has been a bit unsettled and very clingy and wingy,i think it might be due to her new teeth that are trying to break through.
    what time do your babies wake in the morning,chantelle has been getting up at 5am everyday for a few weeks now,not happy jan.
    nikki

Nikki - Dylan has been waking at 5.30am for the past couple of weeks. I change his nappy and give him a bottle in the dark and sometimes he goes back down for another 60-90 mins. Even if he doesn't go back to sleep though, I know he's dry and has a full tum, so i go back to bed anyway and he talks happily to himself for a while. Gives me and dh a chance for a cuddle anyway... In saying that though, last night he went from 6pm to 6.15am this morning without a sound!! Didn't even need to go put his dummy in which we usually do at least once a night.

Hi all, with my kids, I put them to bed at 8:30pm and generally they sleep thru till 9am having said that, I am going to have to start getting them up early again because DH will be looking after them at night once I start this new job and he'll get them up when he gets up (tho why I don't know since I'll be home just before he leaves for work....) which is 7am....

Hi!

We had a great weekend! Louis loved it and kept saying "moo" when he saw the cows - so cute! Yesterday was great with Louis having a big 2h nap in the morning so I did as well! I haven't done that in ages! He then had a another 1 1/2 in the pm so I could sit out in the sunshine with a mag! Bliss! I so didn't want to come home.....Dh had a great time as well and it's just really confirmed that we want to move up there!
    I'm going well, a bit of nausea but nothing tooo major but yep feeling very tired. Definately not motivated for work thats for sure.

Tracey - Glad you had a great weekend! Sorry to hear the Jordans was unwell. Brown brothers is my favourite wine - I love the crouchen riesling (I've been known to polish off a bottle pretty easily - hehehe - Not for a while now though!) Swimming lessons sounds great! I was going to start with Louis next year but maybe I should book him for next term now....with the concert and everything it will probably be too much...grrr at work....

Linda - Our rules go out the window when Louis is sick as well. Although for us one night of him sleeping with us or getting cuddles means we have to start almost from scratch again which is a bit horrible....What a gorgoues photo!! I'm determined to use cloth nappies with the next bubba for a bit longer as I certainly don't want to be paying for two lots at once! I'll probably put them into disposables when Louis is toilet trained...I'll also be at home so it will be easy to keep on top of all the washing and stuff as well...Your so good for going back to cloth now though!

Kell - Sounds like you had a beautiful day on Sun! Hope you have a great day today!

Cindy - Sorry to hear about Tori! Hope she's getting better.

Nikki - Have fun at swimming with Chantelle! I bet your tummy will look just gorgeous!!! Louis' wake up times vary so much. Today it was 7am yesterday 6.20am....If he woke at 5am I'd be putting him straight back to sleep after a feed. No way would I get up that early!! hehehe. I hope she starts sleeping in for you again soon.

Have a great day everyone!

Kristie glad to hear you are feeling good. Nice to have a day nap if you can fit one in.
    Nikki we will be starting swimming same time. I am going to flippers in sydenham. We will start next week to make sure Jordans ears are fully better.
    Kell Happy birthday hope you have a nice day

Jordan gets up between 6-7am normally. I have to leave home at 6.45 to get him to mothers and then work by 8 so this works well for me. I wish he would sleep in on my days off but oh well. i cant complain

Hope eveyrone is having a nice day, gotta run Jordan just woke

tracey,love the pic of jordan,what a georgous smile.
    nikki

Nikki - I'm sure your belly will look great in the pool, when pregnant with tori I was swimming every day and some of the regulars at the pool used to love seeing my belly grow. I even went for my swim when i went into labour!! On the waking times, tori is usually up around 6.30 for the day although today she was up at 6, I gave her a feed and passed her on to Al, he managed to get her back to sleep and next thing I know its 8.30 and I have woken but she slept untill9 and then was heppy playing in the cot for about another hour.

We have had a really good day with her eating today, she has eaten the most she ever has in one day and she is finally getting the hang of opening her mouth for the food rather than me havingto trick her into it with toys etc. We have another weigh in tomorrow so will be interesting to find out where she is now!! I'm pretty confident she has put on weight this time though.

Today I had a friend and her kids and my sister and my niece over and it was so nice, tori got lots of cuddles from her aunty without SHae being jelous coz she was to busy playing with the boys outside (when it wasnt raining) I am buggered though and am figting going to bed right now. I need to get dinner organised or it will never happen and considering I have had fish and chips for lunch, i need a proper dinner tonight!!

Ok, I am off, Kristie its great to hear you had a good weekend, sounds like you got to do some relaxing!

Speak soon

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast