Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #18

cindy how much does relocation cost roughly.
    nikki

OMG!!! What exciting news!!!

Ooohhh I'm sure you'll love it up there and will never want to come back to Melbourne!!!
    Wow at you moving maybe as well Cindy!

Well, I'm just going to have to come up and visit!!! hehehe. I'm sure you'll do fine with the move as you'll all be so excited!

Sorry for the late reply - I only just got my email notification - grrr.

Not much news from me - kicking back today...nothing exciting like you Nikki!!

Cindy, maybe it would be good for you guys as well as you said how much you enjoyed the lifestyle.....

Hi to everyone!

Kristie - ours iant set in concrete yet, I do have a friend though that is keen to move up with us if we decide to go, she is to scared to do it by herself but would do it if she was going to know someone etc etc.

Nikki - From memory the removalists were about $3000, it all depends though on how much you have to move and if you want insurance etc. that was the main cost obviously but get a few quotes and just go with someone your comfy with, we had quotes as low as $800! but decided to go for another company coz they guaranteed that our stuff wasnt going to be unpacked from the truck we saw it going on untill it hit melbourne and we were there! Heaps of them load up and then take your stuff to their warehouse and unload and wait till they have a full truck going your direction and then they repack etc. I just didnt want our stuff messed with to much!

best be back to work

Well I'd be happy for you not to go!! hehe.

Nikki - Just a little bit of something I found on the net for you: The town of Deception Bay lies 30km north of Brisbane in the south-eastern corner of the bay of the same name which separates the Redcliffe Peninsula and Bribie Island. It is a central base from which visitors can explore Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast and its hinterland. It is part of the Caboolture shire which extends from the coast into the Glass House Mountains and the D'Aguilar Ranges. We are about 3 hours away or so.

I hope everyone else is well?

Melissa

Talking BIG NEWS

Well I have exciting news..... Jordan said his 1st word, DA DA DA DA DA DA
    We are so exciting and he has been saying it all the time. He started talking on Monday but I have been soooo busy I havent been abe to log in and tell you all.

Nikki I am so excited for you and the family and the move the QLD but am sad to see you go. Its great having you so close and being able to catch up now and then. I am sure you will be fine in the move, you are super organised and a super mum you can do anything.
    Cindy Yeah on the 1st haircut. I think we are heading for a hair cut soon. Jordan has a mullet and a half happening at the moment.
    Krisite Poor Louis missing his Dad I bet he was rapted to have him home and you also. Hope the preg emotions calm down a little.
    Melissa LOL on the cat biscuits. The kids across the rd from me used to eat cat biscuits. I guess they must taste ok as they were in primary school when they ate them

Well we have done the hallway now so the only rooms left is our bedroom, study, bathroom, toilet and laundry. Sounds like a lot but the major rooms are all done. I spent all day tuesday painting, it was awful but glad most of the hard stuff is over. I wont be painting again any time soon.

Takecare everyone

Hi!

Melissa -

Tracey - Thats fantastic!!! Woohoo!!!! There'll be no stopping him now! Sounds like you guys have been super busy painting!!! I don't envy you at all! I can barely keep up with my housework! hehe.
    Yeah, things have settled down for both of us which has been nice. Sometimes you just get in a bit of a rut I think. We're actually being nice to each other again. He really is such a great help with Louis most of the time! Especially when he works so hard....

I know you're all going to think I'm mad but last night dh was saying about working down here for another 18m before we move because of finances which I agree on but I also told him that I don't want to leave too big a gap between 2 and 3 and he didn't argue with me!!!! (He's been certain we're only having 2!) I said I definitley don't want to have 3 babies in this little unit but I could get p/g here and then we would have to move! hehe. I think the gentle talk of having 3+ may finally be paying off! hehehe.
    Yes I have rocks in my head! hehe.

Louis has been a little terror lately too throwing the biggest tantrums....but now he gives me a big squeazy cuddle and pat pats me on the back! soooo cute. I love it!

K better get a move on we're off to swimming! Enjoy your days!

Hi! I just got a call from tinlids and I have to take Louis down for an interview this afternoon for a medibank add!!! I'm really excited other than I have to drive to Elsternwick! hehe. Apparently they want a crying baby.....so one to be really proud of! hehe.
    It's just an interview though so we'll see how we go!

Krisite I hope the interview goes well but Louis is such a happy little man how are you going to make him cry?????? I am with you on not having a big gap between the kids. I am working on DH to start on #2.
    Swimming was great today but only 2 lessons left and then we break up for xmas. Jordan will miss his classes but he can always hop into his nan and pops outdoor spa, thats like a pool to him.
    Still heaps of painting to do but I have tidied up the house so its looking a little more normal. I just couldnt get motivated to start again today. I think it will be a weekend job.
    We have a work xmas party on the weekend for the kids so Jordan will get to see Santa again and get another pressie. Sounds like the weekend will be nice so thats a bonus.
    Take care everyone and enjoy the day

Hi!

Well, it took me about an 1 15min down there and over 1 30min back!!!! We were only in there for 5min and who knows if he'll get it. They had heaps of kids so I doubt it. I almost hope he doesn't as the traffic was horrible!!! Poor little man did so well in the car on the way but well and truly cracked it in the car on the way home. I don't blame him - I was hungry and uncomfortable as I'm sure he was.

Feeling so tired from such along afternoon...then my Mum called and ended up yelling and screaming at me and hanging up!!! GRRr. She's having an operation in Feb (a choice - for her snoring) and wants me to run her business for 2 weeks. I said thats fine but I won't be able to do it on my own - I have obvious limitations with Louis and I'll be 30+ weeks p/g. She was all like well work out what those limitations will be so I can organise everything - wtf?? How am I supposed to know how I'll feel then or what situation I'll be in. I can't just drop everything if Louis is sleeping etc and I can't pack boxes and lift them. She told me I'd have to answer the phone, take credit card details, write invoices, take orders, pack orders, organise couriers, organise payments etc - all of this from a location she has her stock at and where she's living for the invoices - both of which are about 20min away from me. I told her I'd help but best to have someone else as well...anyway she cracked and said we (her kids) have never supported her - ra ra ra. Anyway, I don't know if I sounded horrible. Sometimes other people need to hear the situation....Sorry for the rant. She just wound me up. Little Dylan has been giving me big kicks to tell me to calm down! hehe.

It's very quiet in here - I had to check if anyone replied earlier as I didn't get my email notification so I wonder if thats whats happening.

Tracey - I don't blame you for not doing more painting today! Thats good you've got two more lessons - we've only got 1 more now. I'm hoping to take him for some swim time before classes start back so he gets familiar again. Thats great your work do a break up like that with Santa!

hey guys,my commputer **** itself and had to be sent away but it is back and beautiful now,
    kristie,thatis excellent about the tinlids job.goodluck,i do hope he gets it cos it is something you can treasure for life,it is worth the run around hassle.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - bugger about the computer! Glad it's all sorted!

It's so smoky down here! Crazy! The fires around Dh's parents area but they're under no thread (they're also surrounded by 100 acres of short grass so should be fine anyway) It's a bit scary though - I think of all those poor firefighters!

Yesterday Louis and I went to the park and he had a big run around! We also did our food shopping in the arvo so he had a big 13 h sleep last night!
    Last night I had a dinner out with my mothers group girls. It was fantastic and as much as we all chatted about our bubs we also found heaps of other stuff to chat about. We didn't leave until after 11pm and thats because they brought out the vacuum cleaner!!
    Thats the first time we'd gotten together without our bubbas and it was really good. We've vowed to do it a bit more next year - perhaps for mums b'days or something.
    Another mum has announced her p/g! So that's 4 out of 6 that are now p/g! (Cindy - Elise told us she's expecting in Aug!) So exciting that we'll be doing it all again together as well iykwim.
    This is the first weekend we've had in I don't know when where we've got absolutely nothing planned and dh isn't working. Needless to say I'm at a bit of a loose end. I know I should just kick back and enjoy it but I just don't get to do that very often!! hehe.

Hope you all have great weekends!! Hope you all pop in over the weekend cos I'm bored and I'll just keep rambling!! hehe.

it is really smokey here too.god it is hot.james has a basketball final and then we are off to doncaster to have a swim and bbq at dh dads house,tomorrow we are going to ocean grove to the beach,this house has no aircon so we have decided to escape,it is unbearble.all else is well.good on you for going out kristie,it is nice isnt it.
    nikki

I hope you have a good swim and fun at the beach tomorrow! Sounds like a great idea to cope with the heat. It's still pretty cool in our house - no aircon yet. It's just a bit stuffy though - we can't open the doors or windows as it stinks outside.

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678