Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #19

HOWDY ALL,WE ARE BACK AND GUESS WHAT!!!!
    WE HAVE A BABY!!!!

just kidding hehehe,did i get you.HAHAHA!!!!
    holiday was great,we had some rain but still got to dream world and australia zoo,chantelle had a ball but corey was a feral little **** nearly the whole time we were there,he feels bad for his naughty behaivior and has been an angel since we got home.but i am still not impressed with him.....
    i had no probs on the flights at all and am still prg.my tummy is low now.i cant beleive i will have harry in 12 sleeps time.when we got home i cleaned all of chantelles room,tomorrow i will do some more organising and spring claening around the house.i am nesting like crazy at the moment.i dont think harry will come early at all.
    sure is hot here.i am really looking forward to a nice shower and my own bed tonight.
    kerry and melissa.i have complete faith in you both on the weight loss.i bet it would be as hard as giving up smoking but if you want it bad enough you WILL do it,good luck to you both.
    tracey cant wait to see the new haircut,hope you are enjoying your trip away.
    kristie,congrats on the sale of the ute,what a releif for you financially.well done.
    staying in a unit or cabin is great,we always do it.
    as for moving to qld,we wont be doing it now,dh is just not keen,it didnt feel right to him while we were there and the houses were more expensive by about $100,000 for what we wont.i was feeling rather disappointed but dh has agreed to look for aN established home in the next week and if he cant find the house of his dreams we will begin building straight away.i am ok with that,i just needed him to finally make a decision and stick to it.
    well we will have to catch up after harry is born,i an sure you girls will be hanging to meet harry soon after he is born so if you wont to come to my house and dote over him and wait on me(having a c.section)you are very welcome to come within a week of me getting home.so between you all you can choose a date from the 22nd onwards.the sooner the better i say.just as long as you dont mind the long drive cindy and kristie!it is only 15 minutes down the road for you tracey.
    kell,kirsty,cindy and linda,i hope you are all well,log on and let us know how you are going.
    night all
    love nikki

Hi!

Nikki - I'm so glad to hear from you - I jumped when I saw the reply was from you!!! Cheeky for trying to trick us!!! hehehe. I'm glad your trip went well - sorry to hear Corey was a horror! I hope you got some rest in as well!!!
    I'm glad your not going to Qld!!! hehehe!!! I hope you can get something organised that your happy with though down here. I can totally understand that you just want to be settled.
    Yep - I'm soooo excited to meet little Harry! We will be over for sure - I'm sure Cindy is very keen as well! Probably best for her to go over before her move as well. Please let me/us know if you need anything won't you?? I can't believe your going to have your bubba so soon! Very exciting!

K - nearly past my bedtime!! I hope you sleep ok in the heat!

Hi!!

Louis just did his first wee on the potty!!!! Woohoo! It was bath time and we took his nappy off and sat him on there because he had said poos which he didn't do but he did wees instead!!! Hehehehe!

Anyway, just had to share! hehehe. Hopefully we'll catch a poo soon!

(Sorry for the gross topic! hehe)

Hope you're all well - it's very quiet in here!

Kristie- I cant believe that louis used the potty! Thats fantastic, I plan to get ours out for tori this week and give her a go! Congrats on selling the car too!

nikki - you cow saying you had a baby already!! I am so going to have to hit you for that one when i see you! I am glad for my own reasons that you arent moving up north but understand your disappointment too.
    Like i have said before, i am happy to come over and help out whenever needed, i dont mind driving at all! I am hanging to get to hold such a little baby again! I got to play with one yesturday at a party i went to and she was 12 weeks old but so tiny. I just cant get it in my head i am going to have one even smaller than that to play with soon. Tori was really good with the bub too and was playing with her hair so gently. I hope she is like that when ours comes to play and doesnt leave!

Crap, sorry just realised the time and i am meant to be picking my brother up from the station in 10 mins so better be going!

omg kritie,louise is such an amazing little guy,chantelle is no where near ready,i gave her nuddy time tonight and she weed and pooed on the floor.the boys were horrified.
    cindy haha,got ya!
    nikki

I'm sure was just a fluke that it happened there and then!! The other day before we got the potty I let him have a nudey time and he managed to do 3 on the floorboards!! He freaked himself out though and started crying when it was on his feet poor little munchkin!
    We made a big fuss of him doing it tonight though so hopefully he'll want to do it again. Of course I'm not worried - he is only so little!! He'll probably do it a few times and then not be ready for toilet training until he's 4!!! hehehehe.

Cindy - Good to hear from you!!! Tori sounds sweet with the little bubba! You must be getting excited about moving soon!

Should got to bed....

Well ladies i am back home and we had a great time in lakes entrance. The weather was superb and it was nice to get away for a while.
    The only downside was that the cabin we had was made up on 1 room and a tiny area with 3 bunks, the walkway was only wide enough for the pram. This meant we had to set the porta cot up in the kitchen so Jordan didnt want to sleep at all. We ended up putting him to sleep in his pram in the other room until we all went to bed and then transfered him to the porta cot.
    He did so well with everything we did, sometimes missing naps etc. He loved the beach and the pool.
    He is now walking all over the furniture and gets annoyed when he cant go any further. I really think walking isnt too far away for us now. He also gets frustrated when he cant get down. I am trying to teach him to fall on his butt which is working now and then.

Nikki I got so excited and then read you were only joking. Glad to hear that you had a good time, apart from Corey being naughty. I am fine with any tuesday or thursday to come over and let me know if you need any help with shopping etc as I am more than happy to help out if you need it. Cant beleive Harry is nearly here. I am happy for my own reasons that you are staying in Melb but sorry that things fell thru.
    Krisite LOVE the new photo and WOW on Louis using the potty. He is the most clever little man I have ever seen.
    Cindy Thats so sweet of Tori with the new baby. I am sure she will be the same with her new sister when she arrives
    Kell and Melissa good with loosing weight I am sure you will both reach your goal weights. I too am looking to gte motivated to do something as I am not overally happy with my appearance at the moment
    Linda everything is going well. Have you had your dating scan yet?

Oh I forgot to mention that Jordan has cut some new teeth, 2 mollers and he also has cuahgt a cold. He is so miserable and snotty at the moment, poor little guy.
    Take care everyone XX

Hi!

Another successful potty tonight! hehe. Another wee at bath time. I'm sure it's just the running water making him go. We haven't been able to catch a poo yet but we will keep trying! hehe.
    I feel like a bad mum because yet again I thought I better check his toothie pegs and his 4th top one is well and truly through and we didn't even notice! So thats 6 now! We're getting there slowly but surely.
    Had a checkup this morning and everything is going well with Dylan. He's already head down which is good - I'm getting lots of kicks up near my ribs. Next visit is the diabetes test - yuk!

Tracey - So glad you had a great time! That must have been a bit awkward with the sleeping but I'm glad you managed! Wow at Jordan walking so much - It won't be long!! Sorry to hear that he's sick - hope he gets better soon. Yeah on more teeth!

Krisite YEAH on the sucessfull potty again. He is so clever. You are far from being a bad mum for not noticing teeth. If thats the worst thing you do you are doing an awesome job Glad to see that all is wellwith Dylan, cant beleive he is head down already.

Well today we had a litle accident, we got our fingers shut in the kitchen drawer and it took skin of Jordans little finger. I felt so awful but he quickly got over it. He is getting a lot better at entertaining himself also. we have been leaving him on his own to play in his room instead of him relying on us for entertainment. It also gets him away from the tele
    Does anyone else do this with bubbas? leaving them to occupy themselves?

I am a little concerned about his developement in regards to talking at the moment. Jordan only says DAD. He can point to objects if we ask him to like pictures in a book or his toys but he seems to be a little slow in the talking dept. Should I be worried? Is there something I should be doing to encourage more talking?

Hope you are all having a nice day. I am back to work tomorrow what a bummer. oh well its only 1 day

im still here,had dr today and all good,
    kristie sorry about the missed call on your phone,chantelle got hold of it and decided to call you,must have wanted to talk to your little louis about what a spunky little fella he is .....
    night all.
    nikki

Hi!

Just a quick one from me! Dh has borrowed a nintento wii from his brother and we've been playing. It's such an awesome game! I'm not normally into computer games but you actually have to move to use it. My brother and his gf came over and we played 10 pin bowling and golf. So you actually hold the remote and throw like your really bowling. I'm surprised I haven't gone into labour! hehe. I'm so sore though! (I know thats really sad!)
    Anyway....Louis did his wees again tonight and was so excited I had to go in there (he was about to have a bath with dh) and he pointed at it and said wees! hehe.
    Today was the first day ever he's gone the whole day without a sleep!!! LIttle terror wouldn't have one! Needless to say he was very tired by dinnertime! He did pretty well though and we even had a play this afternoon outside with the fingerpaints, in the sandpit and little pool thing!

Tracey - Sorry to hear about Jordans little fingers. Louis is always hurting himself now. He comes over and says "ow" and holds out his hands or feet for us to kiss better - so funny! Yep, I try and let Louis occupy himself a lot of the time. He just goes in his room and plays with his blocks or sometimes when he's quiet I peek around the corner and he's just reading his books! It's nice time when they occupy themselves! It lets us get stuff done too. Dh and I were in the bedroom sorting out some bills and stuff and we had Louis sitting on the couch watching new mcdonalds farm (he was very tired and cranky by that stage so its the only thing we can do!) and he would have been there for 30min I reckon just chilling out. He's usually happy doing his own thing as long as he knows where we are and obviously isn't tired or hungry.
    I think he'd be fine in the talking department. Otherwise go visit your mchn maybe?? I've heard from lots of people that boys may talk a little later. I don't know about encouraging talking - the only thing I do is not shut up (as you all know!! hehe) Wherever we are I just chat with him about whats happening or what we're doing. Oh and read those little books with everyday items in them. But otherwise they'll basically do it when they're ready anyway I think!

Nikki - Hehe - thats ok!! I was just thinking you may have had the baby or something!!! hehehe. Glad to hear your going well - thinking of you in the hot weather the next couple of days!

OK - really must go to bed. We're heading off to the beach tomorrow for a swim so that should be nice!
    Hope you're all well!

Tracey - Dear little Jordan, you're not meant to be in mummy's cupboards or drawers. you'll end up getting hurt. I think we forget how quickly you all learn sometimes, and you do things that we already know not to do. I hope your fingers get better soon.

Kristie - I was told you have to have a big clear space for the Nintendo Wii, only because they cause breakages and injury. It's amazing how all these games are becoming so interactive.

Nikki - Time is getting really close for you now, not unless you've already greeted a special person into the world and you've been to busy to get back on here to tell us all the good news???

Melissa

Hi!

Yesterday we headed down to the beach for the day which was nice. Louis loved his blow up boat and we just paddled out in the bay with it. It was pretty hot but luckily none of us got burnt! Today we're having a quiet one. Our car is finally going in for a service so hopefully it won't cost us a fortune! We've stupidly put it in at Ford which means they'll probably charge us double for everything! It hasn't had one in over 2 years though so thought we better do it now while we've got the money there!

Melissa - Hi! Hope you're well!!

Nikki - How are you??? Hope you pop in soon and let us know how your going!!

Have a good day!

well i am off to the beach tomorrow morning with my sister which will be nice. we are staying at my uncles holiday house which is aparently gorgeous, its opposite the beach and is 3 stories and has a balcony with a bbq on the top level! Perhaps us girls should grab it next time it is free and has a bit ofa break bubs and all! its 3 bedrooms but has lots of pull out couches etc. i will report on it when i get back.

I am so sick of thie hot weather, my feet have been so swollen! I have an appt at the hospital today to confirm i am ok to go for the water birth!!! I so hope they dont find any reason why i cant but they do a bit of a physical before they even giveyou the paperwork for it!

nikki- i cant stop thinking how soon you are going to have a bub!! I am so excited!!!!! Once you get home you be sure to let us all chip in and help out, I am free any day but wednesdays and i am more than happy to do the drive and also even to come out without the others too if you would like us to help out in shifts or different days!

Best de off, got to have a shower while i can

Kell Guest

Hello all! Sounds like things are going well in here... Nikki any news yet?? LOL

Kristie - hope the service wasnt too expensive, we had one done b4 xmas and had to get 4 new tyres as well! The beach sounds great, i am taking the kids to the pool tomorrow with one of Molly's preschool friends it is sooo hot here!

Tracey - Poor Jordan's fingers, ouch! I wouldnt worry too much about the talking, he obviously understands you and can identify objects etc so his hearing is fine. I would just give it time, some kids talk lots then stop for a while others talk 'late' there is no 'normal' i spose... Will is the same with the walking along furniture, he can fall onto his bum tho lol. He will stand for a bit on his own but just wont take that first step yet. He doesnt mind playing on his own, but prefers to be with me, he is a mummies boy Also Molly never leaves him alone anyway...

Speaking of the monster he has just realised I am busy and is heading straight for me so hi to everyone else, i will try and post more regularly as Molly starts full days of preschool soon....ahhhh the peace

Hi!

Had a pretty quiet day. Louis was playing up as per usual! He's such a terror. He gets frustrated and just wants to hit us or throw something. Last night I was on the phone and had some choccy and he wanted it and when I told him no (both my hands were full) he put both his hands on my chest to scratch me!!!! Little rat. My mums having a go at me that we need to stop him quickly ra ra ra but how much can you discipline them at this age?? He's hurt me a couple of times in the last week and I did smack (lightly!) his bum and put him in his room and we make him say sorry and give us a hug and a kiss before he comes back out but it doesn't really sink in I don't think. Like he knows it's wrong but does it anyway.
    I'm sure it's just a stage but it's hard when I've got my mum and sister making it out like we're doing something wrong and thats why he's doing it iykwim??
    He's not a little monster or anything - majority of the time he's good and loving and wants lots of cuddles and kisses so I'm not too worries....
    Sorry for blabbing...

Kell - Yep - it's turning out to be a bit! About $600 because we need a new immobiliser as well (my car wasn't starting properly) and we also need 4 new tires so all up it will be around $1000!!!! Lucky we sold dh's car and have some money as there's no way we would be able to afford it normally! Best to do it all before something major goes wrong though I suppose. Have fun at the pools tomorrow! Wow at Molly having full days at preschool! That must be strange but what a nice break throughout the day! I'm definitely in that stage at the moment where I could do with a few hours break! hehehe. I suppose it gets easier to have that time away from them when they're older and more independent.

Nikki where are you???

Cindy - Have a wonderful time at the beach!! It sounds great!! I hope everything went well at the hospital for you! I know about the feet - mine haven't been swollen but really sore by the end of the day. Especially my heels. I assume it's the heat as I never had that when I was p/g with Louis.

hi all,i am here.hehehe!!!!
    WENT TO THE BEACH YESTERDAY AND GOT EXTREMELY BURNT ON THE TOP OF MY LEGS,VERY SORE TODAY,DH STAYED HOME AND INSTALLED A NEW AIRCON FOR US,I AM SO HAPPY WITH IT,IT REALLY MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND IN TIME FOR WHEN HARRY COMES HOME TOO,IT IS GOING TO BE 39 DEGREES NEXT TUE AND WED SO I AM WRAPPED.
    we are off to the shops as james has saved his money and we are picking up a new wii.very expensive though,over $400.
    we had my car serviced last week and it cost us $1000.also.
    ooooh cindy the house sounds nice,i would love to spend a few days there with you guys,count me in if it can be organised.thankyou so much for all your offers for help.that is lovely.will let you know if i need it.
    well i am booked in to have the c.section at 8.30 am on thursday.i will text kristie as soon as he s born so she can spread the good news.
    ok must be off.
    nikki

Hi girls. Nikki, good news about the A/C. My sister has wii and says it's great fun. I never got to try it tho as christmas eve (when she bought it over) was a very busy day. It's 40 here today. I have the only 2 a/c's in the house going full tilt. Once the girls are asleep, I'll open their rooms up so they cools down a bit.
    Kristie, Jess likes scratching me atm. She does it quite deliberately too! Little chook. It's a stage they go thru to learn cause and effect. If I do this, it hurts mummy and mummy won't be happy.... He'll grow out of it and then the tanties will start hehe. Just kidding....
    Cindy, I hope you enjoyed the day at the beach. It certainly seemed the day for it!
    Kell, Ah pre school. I'm trying to get my girls in for just one day so I can do the housework without them under foot and pulling all the clean washing onto the floor! Hehe. I hope you take some time out and spoil urself once it's just u and will for those days!

Well, Jess has 11 teeth, including 3 molars and one on it's way thru. Kat's been going thru another naughty phase and keeps hitting, pinching, pushing or pulling Jess. Jess is a whinger tho *L* However, I do time out with Kat when she's naughty. She gives me a "puppy dog" I'm sorry look, but she's not really, so she's sent into the back room till she appologises. Oh, Jess is swimming by herself now! I am so proud of her! (floaties and swim vest on too of course). Up until yesterday, she refused to go in the pool for long as she wasn't confident enough. She'd just play in the wading pool. Yesterday I put her on the step and she splashed and splashed and then fell in, well she floated and managed to lift her head out of the water and promptly decided she could do it and didn't want mum or dad to help. so she started floating away from us and kicking well. She'd scream at us if we tried to hold her, so we just stayed close and kept a careful eye on her. So proud of my little bub!
    I've finally think I am starting to feel a bit better now. I am still moody atm, but I am enjoying laughing and playing with the kids more now. Having said that, I broke down and cried this morning for no good reason and Kat came over with a cloth nappy to dry the tears and give me hugs, to which Jess promptly decided she wanted some too! Lucky we mums have two legs/laps!
    I believe DH and I are heading to Canberra Tmw as we have to get the kms up on one of the cars and there is the Egypt exibition at the National Museum so we'll take the girls there and make a day of it (a LOOOONG day of it!).
    I hope you girls all have a good weekend and you don't get toooo hot. I think we've ended up with a late summer!
    Love and hugs to all!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast