Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

Hi Nikki,

Poor Chantelle - all our bubbas aren't feeling too good I don't think. Louis seems to be feeling a bit better now though. Louis screamed while they were getting done but not for too long afterwards. I even managed a smile about 10min later...

Wow - I wish my dh was into renovating. It seems to take forever to get anything done around here. He works so hard through the week though that I don't like to nag...

what weight are you allowed to turn the seat around from?? Jess is over 7.2kgs so I THINK she's approaching.... She has great head control so we might look at turning it before our trip to perth next month...?

I think mine says 8kg...

I thought that was the weight (DH has the instructions somewhere, but I have no idea where)....

Kell Guest

Hi all!

Glad to hear some of your immunisations went ok - they are hard every time aren't they?!
    We have Will sitting up in his car seat, he is over 8kg though. he has been for a while though he just got too long laying down, he still has one of those head support things but he doesn't really need it anymore.
    He has been pretty good lately, although i think he is starting to teeth! he has been really grizzly, not sleeping during the day, red cheeks, SHOCKING poos, and chewing on everything. It is a bit early but i suspect that is it. He is still not rolling but is starting to pull his legs up while on his tummy and getting up on his knees!

How long - total - are bubs sleeping during the day??

Kell - Louis sleeps generally between 3 and 4 hours through the day and around 12 overnight

Nikki - sorry Chantelle was so upset Emma cried for only a minute, but I swear it broke my heart - that must have been so hard for you!

Kristy - OMG at that Dr.!!!! I would complain!! (or at least tell everyone you know )

Kell, OMG teeth! Thats scary!! Are you bf? I'm scared of teeth! Emma often only sleeps about 1 - 1 1/2 hours a day, in 20 - 30 min naps. I asked the nurse about it last week & she said many bubs only need power naps, then sleep really well at night (which Emma does)

jess is doing the same ATM, short naps during the day and then wants up. I can't do that atm. I need a break from the two of them so if Kats down for her one and only nap and I know Jess isn't hungry or pooey and hasn't been down long, I let her cry herself back to sleep. Tough love I know. But I'm at wits end atm. A toddler who is starting her terrible twos early and a baby who won't sleep. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Kell Guest

i thought i had it bad that will only sleeps one hour at a time, maybe three times a day. All babies are different though I spose. He is getting better in terms of not being grizzle while he's up though so thats good.

Katkins - I know what you mean, i try really hard to make their sleeps coincide. Molly is actually weaning herself off her sleeps now but i still put her in bed for an hour so i get that time to myself - i really need it some days! When the baby doesn't sleep it drives me crazy...

Nikki - I hope Chantelle is happier when she wakes up.

Kell - Dylan has 4 naps of between 30 and 60 minutes, but often doesn't really want the last one. But then he goes for 11 hours overnight! \/

I think with the car seat it is that they should be over 8 kg but that doesn't mean you have to move it then iykwim... They need VERY good head control so their neck doesn't get damaged if you have an accident. Obviously if they are too long for the seat in a reverse position though you have no choice. Dylan is pretty long (67cm) but still fits ok so we are keeping it backwards as long as poss - much safer that way.

yep mine says 8 kg also.chantelle has about 3 45 min naps through the day and sleeps most of the night with one feed in between.
    nikki

Hi everyone.

Been so long. I've had a migraine for the last few days, so i haven't been on the computer.

Tristan had his jabs today. He cried so much when it was happening, but after he was fine. He's had a big sleep with some panadol and now he's fine. I weighed him too and he's 8.15kg. What a porker!

I gotta go. Crickets still on.

Hope everyone got something for valentines day. I got flowers!!!(I didn't expect anything!)

Love and hugs...........Bonnie

Hi - sorry just a quick one from me

Who's bubs are still having an early am feed?? Louis is constantly having his 5-6am feed now and going back to sleep... I suppose I'll have to put up with it until he wants to stop it. Maybe he is just needing the extra b/f at the moment. He's certainly not getting fat from the solids and bf so maybe he is just having a big growth spurt!

Yep Kristy, Emma has one around 5.30am. She went to bed at 9pm last night though, so it isnt really surprising. She then went back down for another 3 hours.

babies routines and needs change constantly it doesnt necessarily have to mean that they are having a growth spurt but are changing and developing everyday,while there bodies and minds are going through so many changes there rouines and patterns will differ all the time.
    chantelle has been having an early am feed since she was born and i dont expect that to change for some time soon.they are still so young and it is absolutly normal for babies to not sleep through for quite some time yet.my boys didnt sleep through until after they were 1 so be patient and program your own mind to accept the unexpected each and every day,i know it is difficult when your baby gets into a wonderful pattern that makes you own life more managable but it will be more managable if you go with the flow and let nature take its course
    chantelle woke at 2am with a roaring temp this morning,she took a while to settle after stripping her and giving her panadol and a feed,she is better this morning
    nikki

Kell - We have the same here. Benjamin's teeth haven't come through yet, but they are there all the same, so he chews on anything he can get his hands onto. He has been grabbing his feet this week, I'm just waiting now for him to stick them into his mouth. He does tuck his feet up underneath himself when he is having tummy time, but hasn't worked out the arms have to go at the same time too in order to move. When that happens, he'll be crawling all over the place. He likes to sleep on his tummy with his bum in the air at the moment. SO CUTE!

Kristie - Benjamin has changed his sleeping patterns again. He's still in bed by 7:30pm, but he is waking again at 11:30pm for a feed, then again at 4:30am. He has another feed at 6am then sleeps until 9am. Then the rest of the day he has half our naps. If I go and nap with him, we stretch it out to 1 and a half hours.

I didn't end up getting anything for Valentine's Day from DH, but my Mum gave me some TimTam balls, which I'm sure will go down nicely, with a cuppa of course.

Benjamin's calling for a feed, he's decided he's had enough play time...

Melissa

i got a huge bunch of georgous flowers i wasnt expecting anything as he is not really that way inclined.just got back from the health center.the sucking and chewing on hands is a normal reflex development phase at this age,it is driving me crazy cos we go through so many bibs each day from the dribble and her sleeves get so wet and she keeps knocking her dummy out when in bed cos she wants to suck her fist all the time.
    her stats are
    head 25th percentile (40.5 cm)
    length 25th percentile (59 cm)
    weight 25th percentile (5.7 kilos or 12 lb 10 oz)
    i thought she was 6.2 kilos according to my scales but i was wrong.she is still so little and just a dot.
    appart from that she was happy with all of her mielstones but needs more tummy time
    nikki

Nikki - sorry to hear about the temp - how is she now? Emma is just a little thing too - 5.37kg at her last weigh in (last week).
    She dribbles like mad too!!

Melissa the nurse was telling me that the chewing is developmental & the dribbling is just because they havent learnt to swallow yet - lets hope so!!!

I got a card & some new clothes for the gym, because I joined last week. I have been putting Emma in the creche & its going really well

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast