Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #9

glad irfanview worked for you kerry,it is great isnt it.make home made pumpkin soup hey!!!!!!! wow you girls are good,its the tin stuff for us,i hate cooking although i made 2 really nice curries tonight and they were yum!i went shopping today and bought myself a georgous new watch for my birthday tomorrow,cant wait for the kids to give it to me so i can show it off,we are going out for dinner to the local pub with another family and then out for dinner with friends on saturday so my birthday will run for 3 days,hehehe!
    chantelle didnt sleep well last night....boohoohooooo....already tonight she has been unsettled since she went to bed also.oh well should be thankful that i did get 2 good nights after 7 months .my poor cat is not doing very well,he went back into hosp[ital today as he has deteriated more,he has lost alot of weight,isnt eating or drinking and is not moving from his bed and weeing in it.not good prognosis,they did more tests today and have said that if they are still inconclusive he will probably die,dont know how i am going to explain that to the boys especially james who sleeps with tazzy every night and has photos of him on his desk.tazzy is only 4 years old.very sad.dh is trying to give him food and drink right now in the kitchen,dh is very sad watching him wither away.
    anyway,off to bed for me,very tired
    nikki

Nikki - bummer it hasnt continued for you. It has been so cold though, maybe thats all it is...

Emma was up at 3am, then 4am, but woke as I put her back down. So I decided to 'pat' her to sleep, because that is what everyone keeps telling me to do. Well after 15 minutes she finally went to sleep, only to wake as soon as i left the room. so I brought her into bed with us & slept great! It is so hard to know what to do!! I feel like I wasted 15 precious minutes last night, but I realise unless I do somehting consistently I wont see real results.....

Sorry to whinge again....

Kell Guest

Linda - I think thats the trick, pick a method that works for you and stick with it. hopefully it wont take long for your chosen method to work. If that is taking Emma into your bed, then just do it! During Will's unsettled times usually patting him to sleep works, it may take a little while though which sucks in the middle of the night (how lucky am i though my DH usually gets up thru the night ) i have put him in bed with me too, DH goes to the spare bed, and that works really well.

Nikki - Sorry to hear about your cat, it is so sad when a family pet is not doing so well Sounds like you have a great bday planned, hope you have a good one! btw, pumpkin soup is easy, but then i love to cook!

Thanks Kell, I really need that kind of assurance right now

Hope you are all going well!

Hi!

Well Louis is so close to crawling!! He basically is but not quite properly. He can get to a toy the other side of the room but he sort of shuffles both knees along rather than one at a time!! So exciting - we haven't done any baby proofing yet though so I suppose I better get on to it.
    Has everyone lowered the cot down? If Louis is sitting up he always stands up in there but he hasn't worked out how to sit up yet. But yesterday he had rolled on to his tummy and was holding on to the bars so I figure it won't be long.....
    Louis has been a bit funny screaming at certain points through the night. We had him up after 40min into his night sleep for about 45min before putting him back down and then at 5.20am this morning I fed him (he didn't feed well last night...) and he wanted to wake up which just wasn't going to happen as he didn't go to bed until 8.30pm. Anyway I ended up cc him, which I know a lot of you don't agree with but...it took about 20min (I went in 3-4x in that time) and he went back to sleep for an hour and 40min! Which I was grateful for. I think we're going to have to do that at night as well as there''s nothing wrong with him when he does it. As soon as you touch him he stops and looks like he's trying to go to sleep. I feel guilty because I could just cuddle him or let him sleep with us, but dh and I end up sleeping so badly. I mean if he gets worked up I give him a cuddle but I don't cuddle him to sleep iykwim? Anyway...

Nikki - I hope you have a great day! Ooh a nice new watch sounds great! Sorry to hear about your cat....Hope Chantelle slept well for you for your b'day!

Linda - I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. That's great that she sleeps well with you though. She must just want ther mummy with her. As long as you get enough sleep and it works I would just keep her in your bed...You know they'll all grow out of it and we'll all be silly enough to go and have another one - hehehe!!! I hope your keeping on top of it all. I know I get so frustrated easily now at night just because it's been nearly 8m of it! It really starts to wear you down....:hugs:

Kell/Kerrie - I make my pumpkin soup with pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, leek and those little red lentil things...mmmh yum I feel like it now! hehe

Do me a favour girls...? Check out Kat's page and let me know if there is anything I can do to make it better? I think my girls are soooo cute. But I'm meant to. I'm their mum. What do u girls think?? Do u think Kat and Jess have a chance in baby modelling?

I control cried Jess and Kat. They are now both VERY good sleepers! I got Jess of the Dummy at around 3 months of age (she was waking and wanting it put back in at least 6 times each night and I couldn't handle it anymore). We haven't wrapped her or anything since. She now sucks her fingers and puts herself to sleep. Even if she's upset crawling around (and yep....she's been crawling for a month now and just sunday pulled herself up onto Kat's lounge so she was kinda standing.....I think that was a fluke tho) she'll put her fingers in her mouth and calm herself down. CC'ing worked for me....but it's not for everyone and even now I have to stop myself running to pick her up when she chucks tantys. But in the end it is worth it. My girls sleep thru without much trouble. Kat sometimes wakes up and cries (sometimes I just give her another bottle of milk) but she settles again within 5mins usually. And Jess only cries if she's STARVING or can't get her fingers into her mouth. So we rug the girls up in sleeping bags and make sure their hands are free etc and we get good nights sleep (ok. I'll stop sounding so proud now). I went shopping this morning by myself with the two girls..... SOMEONE KILL ME! It was SOOOOO hard! Kat wanted to run and play and kept throwing things out of the trolley and jess kept sucking on the dirty straps of the capsule! EWW! I ended up giving her Kat's milk bottle to suck/play with to stop her! I have pics on the camera of jess drinking from Kat's sippy cup! She actually drinks Kat's drinks so I've stopped steralising. I just use sterile water and I might even give that up soon as Kat's water is just plain tap water and she's handling that........ AUUGH! I think I need a BREAK. Thank god the girls are both asleep now!(kat's eye teeth top and bottom are coming thru so she's tired and grampy so she's getting extra sleeps) Jess has two bottom teeth, they can thru two weeks ago and I don't think it'll be long before the top ones come down either.... Two teething babies.... Is it any wonder I'm going insane at times?? Oh add moving stress and DH's short temper....I need to be committed!!!

I have missed 2 days and there is way to much to respond to now!

Like alot of you, we sre struggling at the moment to get a good nights sleep. We have ended up with her in bed with us the last 3 nights which is nice but means we dont sleep to well with a riggly worm in the bed.

Gotta go, sorry girls, got to get some stuff done before the princess wakes! The house looks terrible and my brothers are useless at helping out!

Kerrie - they are both adorable! The site looks great!

Sorry to hear you arent getting good sleep either Cindy! It's going around...

Kell Guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI!!!

Kell Guest

Beautiful big blue eyes Kat has kerrie The site looks great

Kell Guest

Krisvee - I havent lowered the cot yet, but Will is not pulling himself up yet and he is soooo heavy i will probably need a crane to get him out if i lower it LOL. If cc works for you then dont feel bad about using it ( you obviously arent leaving him to scream to himself or to get too upset!). I used cc with Molly after about 6 months, she has always been a champion sleeper but she had her bad days and then cc worked. I havent really used it with Will, sometimes in frustration i leave him to cry for a minute or so but not dedicated cc, iykwim? and he sleeps from 7pm to 6.30am, patting and rocking works for him generally, so you need to find what works for you and Louis, and if it is cc, dont let anyone make you feel bad for doing it - YOU need sleep to be able to be the best mummy you can!!!

happy birthday Nikki!!!!! Hope u have a wonderful day!!!

Happy Birthday Nikki! Hope it is a great one & you get a great sleep tonight!!

Nicole I hope you are having a nice day the celebrations continue in the weekend

I cant stay long, I just signed onto net to send an email to a client, my 2nd set of plates have now been ordered, she wants 2, one for each of her boys. How exciting.

Hope you all get a good night sleep as appears some bubs are having a hard time sleeping.

Take care and hope to have a proper catch up over the weekend.

Hi!

Well here's hoping to a good nights sleep. Louis is down for the night and it's time for me! hehe. (he'll wake up now that I said that!) He woke up just before and dh went in and he wouldn't settle for him so he walked out in frustration and about 10 sec later all was quiet and he seems to have gone back to sleep! We'll see how the night pans out...

Kerrie - The girls are gorgeous! They look very happy! You do such a great job. Louis drinks water from a sippy cup and has for the last month or so. I stopped sterilising the water back then as well....Naughty mum. I couldn't be bothered anymore - hehe. He's been fine so far. When you think of him crawling around etc I can't see how boiling water is going to keep germs away...

Hi Cindy - Good to hear from you! You sound busy looking after everyone at the moment. We'll have to catch up to get you out of the house! hehe.

Nearly the weekend again - how quick is this year going - we'll be planning 1st b'day parties soon! hehehe

Kristie - I forgot to say wow for Louis crawling!! How exciting!! (& a bit daunting LOL) What a clever little man! Emma tries, but ends up just flapping everything at once & hoping to go somewhere PMSL. It's so cute!

hi everyone
    i had a terrible birthday,it really sucked.during the day was just another day,the boys gave me my watch so that was lovely.then dh came home and decided he didnt care if it was my birthday or not,he decided he wanted to have a huge fight about money.*******!!!!he was upset about how much the vet was charging me to pay for our cat!!!!!i just walked off and said thankyou very much for a lovely day and went to bed,that was at 5.45 pm.and that is where i stayed.i know he feels very bad now cos he has tried to ring me endless times today but i am not answering the phone.anyway......
    i took chantelle to tinlids this morning and they were really happy with her and she is all signed up now,so heres hoping she is in the next kmart/target catalogoue.LOL!!!wishful thinking.have a great weekend everyone
    love nikki

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast