Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

Happy 5mths today

Kirsty: Sorry meant to say in last post that i hope there isnt too much drama with the guy at work not listening, he is just being a stand over man by the sounds of it, not your problem if he didnt work hard to get into a higher position that suited him better

Kathryn: yah to the first roll over as well, shame you missed it but i am sure there will be plenty more to come

Ggrr! So here I am in the middle of packing thinking Jack is down for a nap. I go to check on him and is lying on his bed, awake, with his nappy off, white cream everywhere. Turns out he wanted to put sudocream on his bottom, so he figured out how to climb up and get it from the top of his tall boy. Then he took his nappy off and put the cream on his bottom. And nose. And hands. And sheets etc. And then of course he wees on his bed (wetting the linen, doona, and the waterproof matress protector). And he also wees in two spots on the floor. Got to love 2 year olds!!

Hi everyone..

Kirsten is still going well, apart from her eczema..bandaging her several times a day and expressing all her milk is getting a bit tiring, not to mention all the repositioning and amateur physio for her flat head!!

She is now waking twice every night after sleeping through for months *aargh* and feeding all day so we have been trying some baby rice but she isn't too impressed with it yet!

She is now 6.7kg and 64cm long so is getting big!

She also just did her first roll onto her side this morning!!Unfortunately she likes to try to roll onto her left, which is the flat side of her head, which we are trying to keep her off! We have probably been doing to well as her head is now a wee bit flat on the right..you can't win!!!

She also did her first proper big push up when on her tummy, which was good to see!

More soon...

WB everyone who has been quiet for a bit!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; March 26th, 2007 at 05:36 PM.

Said in other thread but Melanie Ah the joys of kids hey!

Marion: yah to the rolls, shame its on the side you dont want but she will get there

Oh Kate your poor thing. I can't believe you have managed so well. I would have been a wreck ages ago. It's great to hear that your liquid gold has been so good for Rylee.

Marion, that's great. Kirsten is doing so well. I can't believe you have managed so well either. That is a huge effort to express all the time.

Well, we are more or less moved. Everything is here, but of course not all unpacked yet. We haven't done too badly though. The boys have been good as gold. They stayed with ILs on Friday (day of the move). It was the first time Thomas and I had been apart for more than a couple of hours, and certainly the first time he's had to drink EBM for more than one feed. Luckily we both managed fine. Turns out he will drink from a sippy cup if he has too! The boys both slept well too.

Then we had dinner at the ILs and came back to the new house. Jack's room was finished, all done up with his Thomas the Tank Engine stickers around the walls. He was so excited. Thomas' room had the stickers and everything, but his cot wasn't together yet so he slept in the portacot for the first night. Didn't seem to bother him though, both boys went straight to sleep and slept through the night. What good boys!

Oh and AF returned yesterday - not so happy about that LOL! It's about 3 weeks earlier than after Jack even though Jack wasn't having a feed in the night after 6 weeks and Tom still does about half the time. Oh well!

Oh and Tom isn't crawling properly yet but can get from one end of the house to the other with his semi-crawl. And quickly. Speaking of which, got to run and rescue him from under the dining chair.

Jean- Glad Cassie didn't get sick!

Kate - Sorry to hear Rylee isn't sleeping. Kirsten has woken a couple of times in the night just for the past two weeks and that was tiring enough! Hope it improves soon! Glad you are getting to catch up on SOME sleep at the weekends!

Melanie - Glad it all worked out with the house, and that the boys have settled in so well!
    Isn't it awful when AF returned, mine did very early, have just had my fourth one. Luckily it isn't nearly as painful as it used to be before I had Kirsten! Sounds like Tom will be crawling soon. I think we will have a while to wait as Kirsten has just mastered rolling onto her side and now turns in a huge circle on the floor, or turns round 180 degrees in her cot..she looks so pleased with herself when she does it!!

Not much more news here, her eczema got a lot worse so we were back to the hospital and got some stronger creams for it, hopefully they will settle it quickly and we won't have to use them for too long. They were just as useless there this time, and kept us waiting for an hour while they tried to find a doctor to prescribe antibiotic cream for her, by which time she was tired and screaming inconsolably, then had to be undressed and have her dressings done, it was awful!!

Off to the inlaws again on Tuesday, am totally dreading it but have to do it for DH I suppose!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Well we've moved too. All set up.........kinda, we have a dedicated box room! Gemma and Jasmine are currently sharing a room and its going well. Gem is now officially sleeping in her big girl bed. We live 3 houses from the girls daycare now which is sooo handy. We walked the girls together this morning. Gem was so cute holding both Corey and I's hand. Jasmine is totally unphased by the move of course. We don't have internet at home yet, so using works internet!SShhhhh!

Jasmine is on 3 meals a day plus bottles!Such a change from gemma, my sparrow eater!PMSL Yet shes not that chubby. Still our little happy chappy, never cries unless shes starving, or if gemma hugs her to tight.

Emma-Glad to see you hun!Gaby sounds like a dream. And your ticker photo....argh what a cutie!!

Hi to everyone else...........gotta go do some work.........or I'll have to fire myself!LMAO

Hi girls! God i am missing BB so much!

Im still on holidays at MIL's. Will be here for another week or so. so that's 3 weeks off, feels great.

We bought a new computer too! So happy about that.

Charlie is well. Can't believe he is nearly 6 months old! He's sitting and rolling lots and commando crawels backwards lol. Hasn't been able to go forward yet though. He is a complete guts at meal times though. He had 2 solids a day(morning and night) and has 240mls of formula every 2-3 hours! Seriously its getting me worried because he will scream and scream until he gets the bottle and then will sleep/play until 2/3 hours later and then screams for more. He is a big boy(very solid) but his weight is only in the 60th centile so it's not like he's fat! but geez, how do i get him to slow down with the eating?? Everyone here reckons he'll be a footballer for sure because he has very big solid thighs and his shoulders are nearly as broad as Lily's, no joke! Even though she's quite petite they are still 2yrs apart.

Anyway, that's my update. I hope everyone elser is well. Almost Easter! Putting on an easter egg hunt for Lily, bet she'll love that!

Take care everyone.

Hi girls

Not much going on here. Ashton still has only rolled the one time, definitely no where near crawling or sitting up etc which is fine by me He doesn't really get alot of floor time though, cause as soon as he is, 2 older brothers smother him and think it means they can play and annoy him LOL, so he spends alot of time in his rocker. He isn't really into solids yet either, but does love apple and knocked of half a can of apples at tea time the other night. He has tried teaspoons of other stuff but apple he has gone back for 2nds.

Love

Kathryn- Ashton sounds very similar to Kirsten, she is not really anywhere near crawling either. I suppose they do take that little bit longer if they arrive early!!

She isn't rally into solids either, we have given up for time being as she has started sleeping through and seems quite happy on milk. She is not at all interested in the solids and just sits there and ignores them so I suppose she is trying to tell me something! Might try the apples though!!

Emma and Tegan - Glad Gaby and Charlie are doing so well!

Kirsty - Glad the move went well. Jasmine is certainly a good eater!

Marion

x

Oh Marion I am glad to hear Ashton is not alone !! I stuck my finger in our chicken gravy tonight and Ashton loved that, saw it on my finger the 2nd time and attacked LOL. So I got out a can of chicken and vegies and warmed it up but he only had a couple of teaspoons.

Sort of rolled again tonight but was like 3/4 over, and not all the way like the other day.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Jasmine is nowhere near crawling either. She hates tummy time!LOL She is sitting though but gets the wobbles after a while and collapses to the side. She just wants to sit by herself all the time but shes just not strong enough yet! Jasmine is a champion eater. Gem was the same as Ashton and Kirsten. Not interested in solids till she was about 8-9 months and she could feed herself!LOL

hello everyone!

Was sad to see thread not even on first page!

Am staying with ILs over Easter, its not quite as bad as last time but FIL is still driving me mad!!

Hope you are all well, more when I get home,

Marion

x

Oh Marion you poor thing. I hope you survive FIL this time!

Kate, lucky you on no AF! I had PMT so badly this time - I think it was the 15 months worth all in one hit LOL! Pity it coincided with moving which is stressful anyway. Hopefully next time she visits it won't be so bad!

Kirsty and Kat, LOL at your little ones.

Tegan, great news that you have a new PC. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Emma, so great to hear from you again hun. Please pop in again and give us a bigger update! You have the cutest little girl!

Tom is only just sitting in the last week. His book is still in a box I haven't unpacked yet, I'm dying to find it so I can write the date he first sat up before I forget! He still isn't properly crawling, he can't stay on his knees for long enough (maybe due to the hard slippery floor boards??) but boy can he move. He has found the cat's bowl now and keeps going for it. When the shops open again I have to buy a mat to put his play pen on so hopefully he will play happily in that and not get into mischief. Jack would never sit in there unless I was in there with him (which kind of defeated the purpose). But I hope Tom will, at least until we get a chance to properly child proof.

Jack is settling down now. He has been very disobedient and willfull since we moved, and even refused to go down for his daytime sleep 3 days in a row. But we seem to be back on track now (mostly!!). Funnily enough, another little girl from his daycare moved the same day, and her mum said she has been the same as Jack. So probably it's just the age for being disrupted by a move. How has Gemma been Kirsty?

That's it for me, Tom keeps waking up at 5am (not bad seeing as he goes down at either 4 or 5pm and has no curtains yet). So I am very tired and I'm going to bed now. (How do you do it Kate??) Happy Easter everyone.

Oh, forgot to mention that I started Thomas on solids a couple of days after he turned 6 months. I was going to wait until after the move as Jack had no interest in food until about 8 or 9 months, but Thomas really seemed to want it. And amazingly he loves food. He eats it all and reaches out for more! So the two boys are quite different.

Also, he has started vocalising - he says "mamamama" and "babababab" and "dadadadad".

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma has done the same. Won't go down for her naps now during the weekends. She does however crash out on her barbie flip out sofa in the lounge so thats not to bad. She has turned into a right demanding diva though!!LOL welcome to the terrible twos!PMSL She certainly has come out of her shell! The move hasn't gone to badly. At least shes now sleeping in her big girl bed and not the portable cot anymore!!

Jasmine is the same as Tom Melanie. Loves her solids, such a change from Gemma. She'd eat more than 3 meals a day if she could. The last couple of days shes been restless. But I think its cause we've been home with them for the last 4 days. They are both so clingy with us!! Its lovley but drives you mad at the same time!

Hey everyone

Happy Easter!!

I havent done much worth saying and the kids havent really either but thats a good thing

talk soon

LOL Belinda.

How are we all girls. We are doing well here, just in the process of Toilet Training Lachlan who I must say is doing extremely well with it and we only started training on Good Friday.

Ashton rolled in his cot last night, glad I checked on him prior to going to bed. I still have not actually seen him roll either LOL little bugga We gave him Heinz choc custard for easter sunday which he seemed to really enjoy, but Sunday night he was throwing up quite a bit and seemed generally unwell, so not sure if it was related to the custard or just a coincidence. He was okay again on Monday.

Still Breast-feeding at least 5 times a day which is great, and still haven't had AF yet which is fine by me LOL. I am usually not very good at expressing milk, not that I do it often anyway but we had to go to a restaurant last month and took Ashton with us so I wanted to express milk and only got 90ml over a 2 hour period. On the weekend I thought that I would really like at least 1 bottle's worth stored in the freezer in case there was ever an emergency, so I sat down and got 125ml within 20 mins so was very impressed with that achievement considering any other time I would get next to nothing. Now i just have to get another lot like that and it will be a bit of peace of mine. Has always worried me that there is nothing in the freezer if I needed it for whatever reason.

Anyway must go and get myself organised. Don't usually log in prior to 9am now cause I have to get kids organised etc for kindy/playgroup but the boys were up early this morning so I was up early too.

Love

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast