Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

Got Charlie weighed. He's 8.6kg and 72cm long. Big boofa! Seriously his wrists are bigger than Lily's and that's the bone, no fat or anything. No idea where he's got it from cause none of our family are solid, like that anyway.

Charlie got his first modern cloth nappy in the mail this morning. There is a pic of him wearing it on his site in my sig. Just adorable.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Awww to cute Tegan that Charlie has said his first word!!

Well I finally had my gallbladder out yesterday. I got released this morning and would be lying if I said I felt fine! I feel battered and bruised and swollen. Its honestly worse than both c/s's. The cuts themselves are tiny, the longest being about 5cm and my belly button has been cut to shreads! Argh never mind thank god its gone. The doc has given me 2 weeks off, she obviously doesn't have kids!LOL there is no time off with kids. I'm just glad to be home. The morphine still has me sleepy!!

Will catch up a bit more later.........

Oh kirsty. Wishing you a speedy recovery !!

Well I am off to lay down for an hour I think before Ashton's appointment. just took a panadine forte to shake this headache.

Love

Back from immunisations and Ashton is 6.2kg going by their scales and 65cm long.

Love

Hi gals. Kirsty, glad to hear that you have finally had your surgery, but sorry to hear that you aren't well. I really hope you recover quickly. Hopefully Corey will be loads of help.

Kate, I can't believe you are still managing on so little sleep. Have you been back to sleep school yet? I hope you get another sleep in this weekend.

Tegan, wow, Charlie is so gorgeous. Jack said dada first too, I am so thrilled Thomas said mama first! I'm glad Lily is better.

Kathryn, wow little Ashton is doing so well after his early start isn't he. I hope your headache has gone away.

Belinda, how are you going?

Emma, are you still out there hun? Pop in and say hi!!

Hi to everyone else.

Well, I have been so busy. Still madly trying to get the house into order with unpacking and putting away, as well as every day washing and cleaning etc. And three days this week I had a child who wouldn't sleep so got very little done. I have been offered some work which I could do from home part time so will see how that pans out but I have to get this house in order first. We are having a birthday party for Glenn / home warming next Saturday so I want it all done before then.

Jack went on his outing with the ILs on Monday and it went well. He had a great time and was very well behaved. They took good care of him. But Tom didn't sleep all day with teething or something so I didn't get any of the stuff done I wanted to.

Jack has settled down heaps now, he even called this place "Jack's home" the other day. Thank goodness that has settled down. I still have trouble getting him down for his day sleep most days but I think once we have the blinds that will fix that problem. His room gets the arvo sun so I don't blame him for having trouble.

Tom is doing really well after a couple of really unsettled days (and no teeth to show for it either). He is so grown up I can't believe it. It is hard to feed him when we are out or someone is in the room as he wants to look at everything. If he does feed, he pulls off and turns around everytime someone speaks LOL. Jack did the same thing at that age. He is still loving his solids too, unlike Jack!

Hopefully soon I'll have more time to hang around here!

Tegan: Yah to charlies first word

Kirsty: have a had the same op so hope that you feel better soon, no more attacks will be so worth the pain atm though, i had to have open surgery to get mine out as keyhole didnt go well and it was the worst time of my life, but no more pain eventually was a godsend i know that

Kathryn: Ashton is quiet light compared to Cooper, is he a small build or just cause he was earlier? Cooper is over the 8kgs now, pulled my back out carrying him in sling last week and its been horrible!

Melanie: hope it all comes together for you soon

Cooper is now sitting unaided!! he was sitting up fine with a bit of support but wobbly for awhile, but yesterday he sat there for ages with nothing holding him and was fine so i will call it, sad but third kids need to do things for awhile before i will call it lol

He has said mum a few times here and there, all my boys said mum first, so glad to see he is another one lol

Like i said i pulled my back out so have been in pain for a few days with that, then had a mega migraine yesterday so took enough pills to knock myself out, wasnt the best time to be asleep but i couldnt look after kids with a migraine either, luckily Bill is off work cause his back is out too, sounds suss but havent been near him lol, he goes back on tuesday to work so hope its all good by then

Mason got a swing set given to him today and he loves it of course, have to buy a couple of replacement seats though so will ring the company and price them, hopefully not too dear, does anyone know if you can buy them at the shops? playtime by hills set

hi everyone!

Kirsty - Get well soon, recovering from surgery is no fun, especially with kids!

Belinda - Hope you feel better soon too, must be hard looking after 3 kids with back pain and a migraine!

Melanie - Sounds like the boys are doing well!

Kathryn- Ashton is growing well, he seems to be the tall slim type like Kirsten!

Kate - Hope you are getting a bit more sleep!

Kirsten was weighed yesterday, the health visitor was a bit concerned as she has only put on 0.2kgs in 4 weeks, she is now 6.8kgs and 66cm tall...tall and skinny ( like I used to be!) So we are to really push the solids, although she is just not interested in them at ALL. I am a bit worried about the slow weight gain though, she has done so well up to now!!! Hope its just a blip, she is VERY active at the moment, the liveliest baby I have ever seen!!!

Marion

x

Marion, I can understand your worry. At about 6 months Jack's growth slowed right down too. He went from about 80th percentile in height and weight to about 10 to 20th. He was crawling and walking early and eating late, compared to other kids who were eating but less mobile. He has caught up again now and was fine. I am sure Kirsten will be fine. Try not to worry too much, it is very normal for bfed babies to plateau in weight and to start solids later. Funnily enough Tom eats solids really well and is still lighter than Jack at the same age.

Kirsty, meant to say about your cleaner, that sounds expensive but it will be well worth it if she does a good job. I don't know how you have managed to work full time and not have a cleaner! I had one when I went back to work and couldn't have managed without one. I was paying about $30 an hour and she was ok but not brilliant.

Thanks Melanie,

I don't want to push them too hard on her, as she has gone from just ignoring them, to getting upset when we try to feed them to her, don't want it to turn into a battle every time!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Things are going great........apart from my little sister but thats another story! Jasmine has been so hungry of late. Surgery recovery is not fun with kids! I've lifted them both already, it really cannot be helped! But I'm healing well and Gemma comes ot look at my cuts all the time!LOL When she first saw them she went 'oww sore belly' and rubbed her belly!! So cute. She keeps thinking though that her belly is sore too. But she is being gentle with me, well as gentle as a 19 month old gets.

Will catch up more later........still a bit dizzy and nauseous from sugery.........

Hi Girls

Belinda - Ashton is a small built naturally, like his mum and dad LOL, but it is also cause he was a touch prem. She always adjusts it for correct age, (ie 5 mths) but I usually tell her not to bother cause his weight doesn't bother me. Both of the other two boys were heavier at the same age, but at 6 mths I stopped feeding Kameron and put him onto formula where he stacked on the weight quickly. Ashton I am hoping to continue to feed till 12mths.

Anyway I *think* Ashtons god father is calling in on his way home from Whyalla, so he should be close to being here if he is. So I better get our tea sorted out so all I have to do is turn in when he leaves.

Love

motherduck Guest

hELLO ALL YOU LADIES
    Sorry I havn't been around much hope you are all well. Just got pased another birthday god I hate getting older

Jack & jess are doing well going for thier 6 month needles next week Jessica has croup at the moment so have to see the Dr first.
    Hope to chatch you all soon.
    Jean

Mama2Addison Guest

Hi, my name is Zoe & my daughter Addison was born on October 27th last year. She is a good baby, generally just waking once a night for a bottle - and she USUALLY sleeps well during the day! She still isn't rolling over a lot, but she's sitting by herself and is learning new 'tricks' each day, so I'm not worried. She has just begun 'talking' which is so cute, I love hearing her rambling off a big story!

My DP is James, we have been together for coming up to 3 years now, and are thinking about starting to TTC#2 next year, and I can't wait, I absolutely loved being pregnant, and being a Mum is the most amazing thing in the world - as I'm sure you can all agree with!

motherduck Guest

Hi Zoe welcome to oct bubs not much happening in hear lately I'm mum to DD #1 Dell 15years DD #2 Cassie and twins Jack & Jessica born 26 oct 06
    Jack and Jessica arn't rolling over yet either Jack is nearly thier but Jess isn't interested yet she is still quite happy to watch the world go bye.
    Look forward to hearing more about your family soon.
    Bye for now Jean.

Hi and welcome Zoe!

Hello again Jean, glad you are all doing well!

Will post more soon..Kirsten is hardly napping during day just now so never have much time!

Marion

x

Welcome Zoe, welcome back Jean. Yes, it is quiet in here isn't it!

Tom has woken 3 times in the night the last two nights. Sat I put it down to having people round for DH's birthday and home warming, but then he did it again last night. But I think I know why now - today he started crawling. He is very fast at commando crawling anyway, so he was already very mobile, but this is exciting. It's a month later than Jack crawled but then again Tom was 3.5 weeks early! He is also still going great guns with the solids.

Jack is toilet training atm. He is doing really well. I think he's been ready for quite a while but I haven't been LOL!! He has also started to stutter in the last couple of weeks. I have been feeling guilty that we have caused it by moving and causing him stress. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing. He's still talking really well so I'm going to worry yet, just wait and see what happens.

Thank goodness we finally have broadband again, hopefully I'll be able to chat more again now!

Hi everyone! Where are you all??

Hi Kate. I feel for you. I thought of you after my bad nights - they would have been good nights for you! I hope sleep school helps.

Kathryn: Fair enough with him being small like mum and dad and weights dont bother me much either, i just stand on the scales here now and take my weight away to get theirs, couldnt be bothered weighing them elsewhere lol

Kirsty: Glad to hear you are healing well, is very hard with the two so glad its coming along for you

Kate: yah for sleep school not being far away

welcome to the new girls

Melanie: yah to the commando crawling , poor Cooper will have to start walking here because we cant leave him on the floor much because Mason will come and sit on his back and want him to give him a horsey ride lol

Thinking of that, Mason was trying to teach Cooper to crawl, he was crawling in front of him then looking back at Cooper saying walk walk, poor Cooper had no idea lol

All is well here, Cooper decided last night at 1.30 that singing songs would be good, i got tired so just put him in bed and let him sing himself to sleep, was so funny though, he would sing and then you would here snoring, then his legs would start running wildly then singing again, then snoring, thought make up your mind

otherwise have a new computer finally, had some start up issues with it but all good now thankfully, love that the whole family has there own account on it so they cant touch my stuff and they cannot download anything without admin password, so yah to no more crap in computer!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast