Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

Default Babies Born October 2006 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

me first.
    our group has definantly gotten smaller,we are only oct buddies again with racheal.woohoo racheal,good on you for sticking with us,the other girls dont know what they are missing out on.did we say/do something wrong perhaps.....what group were you from before the merge racheal?
    have gone ebay mad,selling all of our uneeded baby goods,doing very well i must say!
    soooo hot here today.
    ok gotta go vaccum while both babies are sleeping
    love ya
    nikki

Hi all just popped in to say hi.

Ray ray love the new ticker....soooo cute...
    Not much happening here. bit boring...lol...
    How is all you ladies doing....??? Callum being good but woke at 5am today so abit tired and grumpy . Thats me im talking about. He is being a little champ.
    Well im off as Im going to put him to bed and then I might have a kip too.

Bye for now

opps wrong thread...lmao...sorry all...hehehe

I think this is the right thread for me lol, was wondering what was going on

oopps.sorry wrong thread for me too.hehehe!

Aww, I thought we had some new members in the thread!

motherduck Guest

Wow that had me thinking to.

Mmack I hate it when people in the medical profession treat you like an incoveniance its not your fault Kirstenneeds there help I hope her echema gets better soon.

Jack had his hearing test yesterday the lady said it all looks ok but he is a bit young to get 100% positive so we have to go back in another three months.

Cassie went to day care this morning till 12pm and she has slept all afternoon on and off, she dosn't seem very well at all, she hasn't been vomiting or anything but it is so not like her to be this sleepy not sure what to do might just wait for a while and see if she gets worse.I just hope it's nothing serious not nice when they get sick.

Thanks Jean.

I hope Cassie is OK..last time Kirsten slept like that she was just getting a slight sniffle - hopefully its just something similar! Maybe daycare was just really fun and tiring today!

Glad Jack's hearing seems fine!

Marion

x

Hi gals! I won't have much time to post until we've moved (next Friday) and then we could be without internet for a week or so. Good luck with your move Kirsty, we have boxes everywhere too. Not enough packing is getting done though - DH doesn't have holidays unfortunately. I do some during the day but I still have to spend time with the boys and do the day to day housey things etc and of course Jack wants to help so not much gets done.

Marion, good on you for standing up for yourself. I hope the eczema improves, poor little Kirsten.

Hi Jean, I hope Cassie is ok. I'm glad Jack's hearing test went well.

Hi to everyone else.

Kirsty77 Guest

I hear you Melanie!! Corey actually got really sick not last night but the night before. This old house we're in has a really bad mouse problem and Corey has been cleaning up mouse poo and we are about 99% sure that that is what made him sick!.He has found mouse poo everywhere!! And I mean everywhere... Its just so gross. I'm so over this house. We're moving to a house thats less than a year old.......nice change. One of the conditions though is that a fence be put up by the time we move in and so far.....nothing!! I'm scared it won't happen now~!

Hopefully they'll do it this weekend! Sounds like you've found a great place. Well done on it being so close to child care too, that should make life SOOOO much easier! I hope Corey is feeling better. How awful for him.

xox_jessie_xox Guest

so i joined the Oct "06" babies just after i had bub and i havnt really had much time untill now to actually sit down and read thro everything an actually post stuff... so anyways i dont think anyone would really remember me so here goes hehe...
    Im Jessie, my DD Portia is 5months old, born 13th of October... shes trying to crawl but just cant get the hang of it yet lol... shes got the leg movement worked out its just that one of her arms always seems to get caught under her.. its so cute... shes started teething but none have come up yet poor buba...

Hows everyone elses little ones going?

Hi gals, welcome Jessie.I dare say this will be my last post until we get internet again after the move.

Tom is going great guns. The 6 month vax went without a hitch - the best so far actually - no temp, or grizzling or anything. It was just like he hadn't even had them. His 3rd tooth is still coming through but doesn't seem to be bothering him now. He is sort of crawling - he can just go one "step" at a time so far, but I don't think it will take long to be full on crawling. Wow, where has half a year gone. He was 6 months yesterday!

Jack has settled somewhat, but still has moments (or hours!) of disobedience. I hope it's just some unsettledness due to the move, and probably this hasn't helped, but it is more likely his age. Oh well, had to happen sooner or later. He is still (so far) not as bad as the 2 year olds of friends so fingers crossed we get off lightly. Also in the last week or so he has started singing nursery rhymes by himself from start to finish which is sooo cute.

I got the most awful news the other day. A met the wife of a colleague of DHs at the 40th we went to a few weeks ago. She was lovely, and about 20 weeks pg with triplets. She was amazingly well and not very big even though the bubs were good sized. We talked heaps about babies and stuff and she was so excited, asking heaps of questions and stuff. They had even named them. It is just so sad, last weekend she lost them. All of them. Isn't that so horrible? I just can't believe it.

Well, that's enough from me for now, the packing beckons.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Hey Jessie!!

OMG Melanie that is sooo horrible!! That poor women and her hubby...argh that is to awful!

Well our move is causing problems!! Of the weird kind!LOL

Poor Corey has broken a toe when he dropped a draw on it.........it was kinda funny though!PMSL His toe is black and blue. Ok I feel kinda bad for him!

Gemma is a bit out of sorts cause of all the boxes and not sleeping well at night. Argh the joys. Of course Jasmine is oblivious, thankfully! I'm having a busy busy week at work. And I'm having probs with a staff member. Hes in his 50/60's and cause I'm 30, and the same age as his kids he thinks he doesn't have to listen to me. Well is all came to a head on friday. I was away thursday for relies that were over from NZ and he thought he was in charge...hes only the bus driver!LOL Anyway to cut a long story short I had to council him and give him his first warning....did not go down well. I was sooooo mad about the incident that happened it wasn't funny!! I had to wait an hour to talk to him so I could calm down. Ok vent over....I am still quite mad about the whole thing and will be watching him closely let me tell you!!

Morning girls

I hope everyone is keeping well. I have been really busy this last 2 weeks with so much on that I have hardly even managed bb time. It all came to a head yesterday with Ashton's naming ceremony. Ashton is going great guns, weighs around the 5.5kg mark at a guess, still exclusively breast fed but will be introducing solids very soon, as I don't believe he really gets alot. I had to express one night last week for him while I went out and in let down only got about 45mm !! which I thought was a pretty dismal effort. So I had to express twice and managed around 90ml in total for him. So I think with introduction of solids that will give him that little bit more.

He rolled over for the first time the other day and I bloody missed it !! Andrew saw it though which he was wrapt about.

Anyway I have updated his webpage, so click his name in my sig if you want to view it. I will try to keep up. I hope.

Love
    Last edited by Astrolady; March 26th, 2007 at 08:53 AM.

I remember you too Jessie and dont worry just post when you can, you dont have to be all caught up to post stuff here

Melanie: hope the move went well and see you when you get back

Kathryn: Hope the solids help out

Kirsty: LOL at the broken toe although i am sure it hurt and i hope the rest of the move goes well

Kate: Sorry to hear Rylee isnt sleeping

Cooper has had a cough off and on for the last week, nothing serious but seems bad in the mornings and he is very snuffly, so not sure what it is, gave him demazin but that doesnt seem to do much so might take him to the docs this week

Otherwise kids are going well, so happy that i had Cooper, he just smiles so much and is so happy most of the time, besides when he fights sleeping though then his lungs get a full work out!

I really cant shake the wanting another one! wish i could because what i have now is really what suits us financially and my car just fits us in now, but i just feel like someone is missing if that makes sense, on the gender boards here and there though lol to give an effort for a girl as well, would be a nice change, no garantees of course and would just expect my forth boy anyhow lol, but worth a shot

motherduck Guest

Good morning

Kristy I had the same thing when I was a superviser before #2 but the ladies I was supervising had been doing the same job for ten years, one of them wouldn't listen to me and it does get very frustraiting don't let him get the best of you good luck with it all.

Kathryn hope Ashton likes his solids

Hi Jessie & Portia.

Kate I'm sure Rylee will sleep throu soon.

Melanie see you when you get over with the move.

Belinda I know what you meen about feeling that you want to have another thats how I felt before getting PG with Jessica & Jack (now i think my family is complete but that dosn't mean i wouldn't love just one more or mabye two more).

Cassie was realy sleepy all that afternoon but got her energy back about 6pm that evenning so i figure she must have been realy worn out.

Jessica & Jack moved out of our room last night into there own room and into cots it was very strange not hearing them throu the night, I woke up three times and went to thier room just to listen to them, WOW they are five months today.

My DD Dellinia turns 15 next week god that makes me feel old.

Hope you all have a good day.
    Jean

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast