Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

LOL Kirsty at Jasmine and Tom both being good eaters. I wonder if no 2 wants to eat bcos they see their older sibling eating. I hope Gemma settles down for you soon. Jack has settled somewhat but is still not the same child he was. I think the terrible twos have started now - uh oh!

LOL Belinda, I hope you enjoyed doing nothing over Easter!

Kathryn, oh no at Ashton being sick. I'm glad it didn't last. I guess you won't be in a hurry to try choc custard again jic! Well done at expressing so much. With Jack I took it for granted I could express heaps in no time at all, but alas this time, it is definitely harder. I know exactly what you mean, I have always had a huge supply of EBM in the freezer, atm I have just 4 ice cubes and I feel like I need heaps more in case it's needed.

I am sure Tom is asking for what he wants now. He seems to say "mamamama" when he wants me and "bababababa" when he wants bb.

I must go too, Jack is "mopping" the floor and Tom is in the playpen - I'd better make sure Jack doesn't mop him! BTW, Tom actually will stay happily in the play pen for quite for a while, and amazingly so will Jack, either with Tom or by himself. We have put one of those mats with the roads and stuff on it under the play pen and Jack loves to play with his cars on it. Also he loves anything Thomas has LOL, he even sat at the table and said "mamamama" the other night, just like Tom does!

hey again

Kathryn: YAh to being able to express well, have fun at playgroup, i was meant to go to gymbaroo but couldnt be bothered today
    In relation to the custard, every time i ever gave Mason chocoloate custard he would be sick, no idea why just didnt agree with him i guess

Melanie: cute with Tom asking for things
    i wish i could leave Mason and Cooper in the same room alone, not going to happen

Cooper isnt well, woke up to his bassinet full of gastro then put him in my bed after i cleaned him up then he projectile spewed all over my bed, so washing everything now!

Gunna go to maccas to get breakfast in a minute i think, start the day off with something i want lol

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    We gave him Heinz choc custard for easter sunday which he seemed to really enjoy, but Sunday night he was throwing up quite a bit and seemed generally unwell, so not sure if it was related to the custard or just a coincidence.
    Kathryn, we gave the same thing to Charlie on easter and he was sick too afterwards. So maybe it was the custard.

Kate, you poor thing still not getting much sleep. I hope this sleep school works for you all. Is Rylee's reflux getting better?

We just got back from holidays on Monday. Was a 10 hour drive. I'm still very tired from it. But very relaxed now. i think we all really needed it. Going back up there for my 21st in June too, so quite looking forward to it.

I'm booking Charlie's vaccs today so hopfully he'll be getting that in a couple of days.

i still can't believe he's already 6 months old. He is tryiong to crawl forwards now but always jumps forward onto his face! His sitting is going well but he is still quite wobbly because he's always so excited and jumps around all the time. He's also starting to get the 'b' sounds in his babbling too. I swear he said bub the other day but i'm not sure.

Wow at all the bubbas sick with choc custard.

On subject of talking I have heard Ashton say mum mum a few times as well. Andrew was not impressed as the other boys started with dad LOL.

anyway's Ashton is crying so time for feed.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Geez Jasmine's talk is just babble!! No real sounds as yet just a kind of one toned roar followed by lots of happy squeals. Had to PMSL kathryn at you not seeing Ashton roll........to be honest I've only ever seen jasmine roll once!LOL the rest of the time I come back into the room and shes rolled. Jasmine loves custard but we haven't given her the choccie one yet. She seems to have settled down again now. She didn't want a bottle last night. Think its cause day care tired her out becuase they just had the 4 days at home.

I'm interviewing someone to do our house cleaning this arvo. yup I can't be bothered with cleaning and working, stuff that! Shes expensive though $35 an hour!!WTF She better work quickly!LMAO

OMG Tegan just noticed that you guys are ttc again in sept!Holy cow girl your brave, a brave brave woman! I just can't do it again, I'd go insane!PMSL

OMG @ $35 an hour Kirsty, she better be worth it LOL.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Yeh thats what I thought. I started to feel guilty and have second thoughts!LOL But I met her and she was really nice. She has triplets that are in prep this year. Shes coming for an hour tomorrow morning. Not sure if I'll keep it as a regular thing. Seems a bit expensive!

hehehe you will have to let us know how she goes.

Love

Kirsty: She does sound a little pricey, 25 would be better, but the way i work out stuff is say you pay her 100 dollars a week to clean, then work out your hourly rate into it and it should only work out you are only working a few hours the whole week to pay her, i think its worth it if you think of it that way

Kathryn: LOL at Andrew not being impressed with mum mum

Cooper has said mum mum a few times but hasnt lately, all my boys said mum first, they know whats good for them early lol

Tegan: Sounds like Charlie is going great

Mason goes to gymbaroo and they are going to put him up a class as they feel he is too advanced for his level and at daycare they are moving him up a room for the same reason, so i am really proud of him, but he is sooo naughty lol, hopefully just a frustrated smart kid maybe! he is definately going to have to do some sport though as he is really good at catching and kicking balls, anyhow sorry for the big boast in here but hard to boast in forum where the other kids are all the same age as Mason lol

Hello everyone!

Back from inlaws..surprisingly it went much better this time and I actually feel I had a good rest and now find it a bit tiring doing all the childcare all day again!

Back to work next week, but only doing a Tuesday afternoon and a Wednesday morning so shouldn't be too bad. My mum is going to come and stay over, hopefully it won't be too much for her!!

Kirsten is still doing well, her eczema is not too bad at the moment. We keep pushing the solids but she is just not interested and clamps her mouth shut so it seems she is not ready yet. She is still sleeping through, and just eats her usual huge amount of milk during the day!! Not sure what to do as I don't want to force them on her..but I have heard they need more iron and vitamins after 6 months. I think she would eat them if she was needing them though!

Got an appointment next week for her flat head but it seems a lot better than it was and hopefully will continue to improve!

Belinda - Hope Cooper is feeling better. Mason sounds really bright and alert!

Kirsty - Good for you for getting a cleaner. I have found it hard to do the housework while not working so I can't imagine how anyone could do it and work at the same time!

Tegan - Sounds like Charlie is developing really well! You must be looking forward to your 21st in June...can't believe it is 14 years since I was that age!!

Kathryn - Well done on the expressing, I have had 6 months of intense practice and don't get much more than you!!

Melanie - Jack sounds like a real sweetie! It's great Tom is asking for what he wants. Kirsten is getting better at that and sort of "shouts" at us when she wants milk!

Kate - Hope the second visit to the sleep school helps!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; April 13th, 2007 at 08:03 PM.

Charlie cut his first tooth this morning!! I'm so proud of him after all this teething.

Hasn't been a good day for us. Lily is really sick. She had been off her food since yesterday and is really sooky and quiet which is not like her at all. Her temp this morning was 38.4 so i took her to the doctors. Had to get her an x-ray to see if she had pnemonia. Luckly she doesn't and it is just probably a virus. I checked her temp again tonight and it was 39, poor baby. Gave her some more panadol and she's cooled down a bit. I hope she get's better oon because it's the first time she's been sick.

Aww, sorry to hear Lily is sick!

Hopefully Charlie will be on good form now that the tooth has appeared though!

Marion

x

Hugs Tegan, I hope Lily is better soon. Well done on the tooth Charlie!

Marion,I think you are right, if Kirsten's not interested in food she doesn't need it. Jack was the same. I got heaps of advice and discovered that many bubs, especially if bfed, don't need iron and stuff until 12 months. They actually absorb more iron from bm than from food anyway. Don't worry, she'll take it when she's ready. Jack was VERY slow taking to solids and is now a champion eater so it works out in the end.

I tried doing shopping with both boys in the pram today. Tom lasted for 10 mins then decided he wanted the sling. That was ok though cause then I could put the bags in his seat and that was actually easier. Jack sat happily in the pram the whole time.

I went to dinner tonight with my ex-neighbour and some of her friends. It was really good but I'm so tired now.

Morning girls

@ Lily being sick Tegan. It is hard when it is their first major sickness. Kameron used to quite often get ear infections and his temps would soar but has since grown out of that.

Marion, Kirsten will definitely take food when she wants it. At this stage Ashton only really eats apples. Anything else he might have a couple of teaspoon fulls and that is it. Last night he polished off a whole jar of apples in one sitting. Not looking forward to those nappies today LOL.

I got Ashton weighed yesterday at the chemist and he was 6.06kg. Will have to sort out his baby clothes and bundle all his 0000's up and put them up for sale he is starting to push into some 00's now so better sort the clothes out so I can make more room in the wardrobe LOL.

Anyway I better go get sleeping beauty up. I think he is awake. My boobs are about to explode LOL.

Love

Lily is much happier today thank god! She had a bit of a temp this morning of 37.5 but is normal again now.

I woke up sick this morning though! i have a stuffed nose, sore throat, sore ear, headache and stomach ache. i hate being sick.

Charlie's tooth is coming up more today. I'm going to miss his gummy smiles.

I totally forgot to mention too that while i was away i went and got myself a tatoo! Bravest thing i've ever done. It's a rose with purple hearts down one side, looks really good. Pretty much healed up too. It hurt so much getting it done though coz the top of it is on my collar bone, owie!

Kate, glad you got to have a sleep in. YAY on rylee being 6 months! Goes quick hey?
    Last edited by Antheia; April 14th, 2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: typos

Hey where is everyone?

Just came in to say Charlie has said he first word! 'Dada' He says it all the time now. Too cute.

Hey all,

Well done Charlie!!

I have been quiet as I was back to work this week! Am only doing one afternoon and one morning, and my mum is staying to look after Kirsten for me..

It's enough as my tailbone and pelvis are still sore (SPD) so sitting at work is rather painful.

Anyway it was nice to see everyone and get out of the house, and it went well for my mum, and Kirsten didn't cry once!

She is doing well, still not keen on the baby rice, although she ate some carrot and sweetcorn more eagerly yesterday. We had a check up for her eczema and they were very pleased with her and said we are using the creams properly, which is good!

More soon, hurts to sit at PC for too long today!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; April 19th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

Morning girls.

I am here just. Have a bloody headache this morning that I am trying to shake cause we have to go out to tea tonight. Thankfully andrew knocks off in just over an hour so I might get a small arvo nap. Also have Ashtons injections today at 2.30pm.

I took him to the chemist yesterday and put him on the scales and he was 6.28kg, so up 0.22kg from last week. I will get a proper naked weight today at the injections and find out how long he is.

I don't think teeth are very far away cause he loves chewing on everything in sight.

Anyway Kameron is telling me to make his lunch *sigh* LOL

Love

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast