Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

Jean, it sounds like you took Jessica and Jack to get their needles on their own is that right? Normally I take them when DH has the day off, but he doesn't have one for weeks now and I'm so scared to take them alone, what if they are both wanting hugs like you went through, I'll end up in tears too.

motherduck Guest

Briohny... Yes I do take J&J to get thier jabs by myself I must admit I get someone to watch Cassie nearlly 3( or I would go crazy she is a very active girl she has 2 speeds stop & go) any way I usualy put them on the boob but this time I took along bottles cause i'm not breast feeding any more,( not happy about that ) it seems to settle them quite quickly they soon forget about the stinging when they have somthing to take thier mind off it ( milk monsters ).

It's cool how they are so close in age, I think Emmas little girl is born on the same day. there is a set of twin girls born the day after mine that go to daycare on a wednesday with mine ( I work one day a week ) Jack thinks its great when they are all put down on the play mat together surounded by girls.

Lea... I woul'dn't get to stressed about the solids as the other ladies said they realy only need milk, Jessica & Jack realy only had one soild feed a day Jessica has the hang of eating but Jack has no idea so I try him with a spoon for a while maybe five min then if its cusard make his into a bottle, I put half a tin in the bottle with one scoop of milk and the rest boiled water he loves it, Idid the same thing for DD #2 and she was breast fed for 9 months.

Well at the moment J&J are in the play pen happily playing they are both just discovering thier feet its so cute when they both hold onto the opposite foot from each other.

Hope you are all well catch you soon .
    Jean

Thanks for the tip Jean! I appreciate it. I'll be going this week so I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Girls

Great to see so many new faces. Dont really have a lot of news Ashton wise. I haven't got him weighed since the injections the other week. He cant sit up yet when I put him on the floor but he is slowly getting there. Starting to lift his bum up when on his belly, but I hope crawling is still a while off lol.

I brought a limo pram from a friend on the weekend as even though Lachlan is 3 he still likes to go in the pram somedays instead of walking, he used to just sit in the fron of the single pram i have, but Ashton is getting too long now LOL.

Love

motherduck Guest

Kathryn.... I hear what your saying about not wanting them to get going to quick these are my last babbies I want them to take thiee time I want them to stay babbies for ever LOL

I'm dreading G&T crawling and walking. It's going to make my outings so stressful. I see my friends 8 & 9mth olds crawling and into everything, they are constantly getting up, grabbing them and saying "NO!" Unless I go to a baby proof house, I wont be attending. Am I being unreasonable or realistic?

motherduck Guest

At home I've started to put the twins in there play pen even thoug they arn't going anywhere just to get them used to it before they get mobile

I did the same with DD #2, when we went to speedway I would take a travel cot so that she could still see every thing but not have worry about her getting trodden on when older kids are running around.

I am planning on putting a travel cot in the boot of the car for times when we are invited to our non-childern friends houses or go to the beach especialy if im by myself wich is most of the week.

I think I will look a bit silly but the main thing is keeping them safe without them sitting in the pram all the time while trying to keep Cassie occupied.
    Jean

i wont be around much 9as youve prob noticed) coz we had to cut our internet off because they kept charging us double what we owe and they would never answer their phone or emails!! So i'll prob be on every few days or so but not perminatly for about a month or more. i'm gonna miss yas all again! hope all the bubs are well. Charlie is good, crawling now, bugga, he is into everything!

Hi all. We had a shocker last night, but otherwise things are going well. Tom is trying to pull himself up now, and is crawling everywhere (although he still commandos more often). He is also babbling all the time - everyone thinks he will be an early talker like Jack as he never stops. The only word he says though is Mum - he's been saying that for months. He seems so grown up, I nearly feel like I don't have a baby anymore. And I think it's gone even quicker second time around.

Good idea with the travel cot. Thanks for that!

I am also dreading Kirsten crawling, can't imagine two of her!

She is sooo lively and interested in absolutely everything, when we go out I can't feed her as she is so busy wriggling around looking at things and trying to grab everything in sight, can't imagine her when she can actually move towards things *eek*

Not much to report here except the arrival of the first tooth last week, think more are on way as she is very cranky and won't go to sleep at night!

Been back to work for a few weeks, Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning - my mum is staying over to look after Kirsten..the break is quite nice but I had forgotten quite how much i hated the actual job! Still its good hours and I
    can' t afford to leave!

Marion
    Last edited by mmack; May 11th, 2007 at 05:57 PM.

All i can say is help! Charlie is not only crawling but he will get on his hands and stand on his feet and walk on both hands and feet! What? He is only 7 months old!!

What can I say Tegan? Just look out! Tom is also doing that, as was Jack by this age and Jack was walking at 9.5months. I was hoping not to get another early walker but I might be out of luck - and you too! All I can say is that is very hard work having them walk early, even crawling early as you know. I guess we're in it together though LOL!

How is DH's foot now?

Marion, I hope work improves for you, but it can be nice to have a little break, can't it! I think the hours are great, you are very lucky there.

I will be starting back at work 2 days a week soon. I will probably be able to do at least some of the work from home though which will be really great.

Melanie - Working from home is great, I used to do it full time but it all fell through just after I found out I was pregnant, which wasn't ideal!

Tegan - it must look so cute to see him standing and walking when he is still so small!

Kirsten made her first move towards crawling yesterday I think.....when down on her tummy she lifted her bottom in the air for the first time and made crawling movements with her knees to try to reach a toy...so it might not be too long before she is mobile either! *eek*

Marion

motherduck Guest

HI ALL YOU LOVLY LADIES HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY
    My DH is out the back playing with his speedway car at the moment the last meeting for the season was yesterday YAY so over it at the moment, four months of freedom coming my way ( NO SPEEDWAY YAY )

We are heading over to the inlaws soon then, off to this little animal park, they have free entry, coffee & cake for mums, the kids can go and feed the animals Cassie loves the place.

Anyway you girls have a good day see you all soon.
    Jean
    Last edited by motherduck; May 13th, 2007 at 11:29 AM.

Happy Mothers Day to you all!

We already had it here..Kirsten gave me a lovely card and some earrings..she has good taste!

Jean - that animal park sounds great. We took Kirsten to the Zoo but she just slept the whole time, we are hoping she enjoys it when she is Cassie's age!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; May 13th, 2007 at 06:39 PM.

Mel, DH's foot is still quite sore. He has to stay off it for another 6 weeks. I think they should of given him crutches if they wanted that! He won't listen to me. He walks everywhere and then complains that they hurt. silly male!

motherduck Guest

Tegan My DH is the same a few weeks ago he tore the ligaments in his knee and was told to take it easy (HE DIDN'T)
    Even now it gets sore when he kneels down but he still dose it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast