Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #10

Is there anybody out there??!!

Marion

Hey ladies! I see some familiar faces in here Do you mind if I wiggle myself into a space here? If youll have me after my defection to the Sept BB Ive been stalking you guys occasionally.

I cant believe all these grown up babies!

Thanks Kate We're pretty stoked, I cant believe that we didnt have to go through the 2yr effort like last time. Thankgod for Drs who know what theyre doing! Its been pretty tiring though having a badly teething, on the go 8mth old to deal with as well as being pregnant and getting the starts of morning sickness. For a few days there I thought I must be nuts to do it so soon but I know it will get better and go by so fast before I know it theyll both be in school.

How are your girls doing!? Getting big I bet.

Thanks Kate, nice to know that it will not be as tragic as people make out to have them this close together. Im really excited, I feel Jett will benefit from a sibling close in age, he is such an energetic child.

Yeah I try not to listen to them. My mother is the worst though. Typical of her though, she's negative about everything and everyone.

Hi all. I am here but we have had a lot of problems with our broadband and are now without it totally while we change providers. Also I have had two sick little boys which has meant busy days and nearly sleepless nights.

Anna, congratulations. I totally agree with Kate. I have 19 months (so a slightly bigger gap) between my boys but I really love it too. As Kate said, there are definitely "moments" like having two sick at once LOL, but overall it is great and I wouldn't change it for anything. The boys absolutely love each other and it so heartwarming watching them together.

Well, it has been a busy week for us. The boys have both been sick as I mentioned. Also Thomas had some breast refusal with it. I think it's been because of his blocked nose and sore throat. DH and I now have it, and are exhausted from 3 bad nights, but at least the boys seem better today.

Also, Jack has now decided he doesn't need day time sleeps. This has just made my days more difficult although I am still persisting with trying to get him down. The other day he said "Jack pushing boundaries" while I was trying to get him down. He said it again the other day when he was putting clean nappies in the nappy bin so I guess he knows what it means!

Thomas is now saying Mum and Dad like a champion. I am sure he also said Thomas the other day. And yesterday he pulled himself to his feet for the first time. SIGH! There goes the very last of any spare time!!

I am starting work 2 days a week in 2 weeks so I guess that's going to kill spare time too LOL! MIL will mind both boys one day, and Tom on Thursdays as well until I can get him into day care. Jack is already in day care on Thursdays.

My sister's baby girl was due on Friday and there have been no signs of her arriving yet. I can't wait, it's the first niece/nephew on my side. And now it's just a week and a half until my other sis gets here from London and meets the boys for the first time. So I guess you could say it's all happening here!

Hi Girls

Long time not chat. I am trying to stuff solids into Ashton now as he only put on 100g in over a month which has worried me. So we have gone for a jar of food at night just about every day to 2 jars of food a day and a quite alot of farex rice cereal in the morning which he scoffed this morning. Plus I am still feeding him in between, but I do think my milk is drying up

He isn't screaming like he is hungry or anything and has always been happy and content and slept well. So we will see what happens now with the extra solids.

I hope everyone else is well.

Love

hello, welcome and congrats Anna!

Melanie - Tom is coming on so well..they both sound like bright boys! Kirsten has had a cold too, and I have a bit of gastro, so I feel your pain. She was also having feeding problems with it, especially in the mornings, she would eat and throw up.

My sister-in-law's baby is also due any day, she went into hospital yesterday but the contractions stopped and they sent her home! Hoping for a girl as a playmate for Kirsten!

She is throwing up a lot at the moment, with her cold, and also the fact that because she is teething she keeps making herself gag by sticking her hands down her throat. We went through 4 outfits yesterday before we could go out!

Kathryn - Hope the solids are doing the trick. Kirsten's weight gain also slowed recently, and I do see her looking a bit chubbier since we upped the solids. Not sure they 100% agree with her as she has had a bit more reflux and wind and been more unsettled at night since she has been taking them though. It doesn't help that she won't take any until too near her bath and bed! We are taking it slowly though, she is still quite fussy about what she will take. Is Ashton eating anything and everything now?

She isn't having good nights at all actually, since she is rolling over and getting stuck, or getting her feet caught in the bars of the cot, and waking herself up!!

She really seems to be coming on fast at the moment, she is communicating with us a lot more and really trying to crawl..scary!!

Marion

x

motherduck Guest

Hi all it sounds like we have all been a bit busy .

Annat Congratulations and I wouldn't worry about what the age gap Jett will love it heaps of people have thiers close together its your choice, People seem to think having twins is hard work but most of the time its pretty good, like most kids they all have thier moments our 3yr old is full on at moment.

Melanier Isn't it nice went they start to learn all about pushing buttons and realising they are doing it. Thomas is a smart little one, I cant wait for Jack & Jessica to say mum Jack already says dad but no mum yet and Jess is just into blowing bubbles.

Astrolady He might just be using all his food intake as energy if you are a bit worried maybe ring your health nurse I'm sure evey thing is fine.

MarionI find Jack also rolls over in bed and gets caught in the bars and aslo kicks off his blankets so I have started putting him in sleeping bags that way he can't move around so much and I don't have to worrie about him catching a cold if you live in a warm area you can get light wieght ones.

Well not much happening hear the bubs are getting bigger now you can't even tell they were premmies so thats good, now they are getting bigger we don't get stopped in the shops all the time, so my shopping days are getting quicker YAY.

WE went to one of my best friends weddings on the weekend and it was realy lovely they got married next to the swan river at a winery the bride was gergeous, Kinda makes me want to get married but we never seem to have the spare money or the time oh well one day it will happen.

All you ladies have a good day.
    Jean

Well after over 7 months i think we've figured out why Charlie is a spewy baby. I think he's lactose intolorent. I decided to give him to S26 formula, lactose free. Since then he has hardly spewed at all. Maybe 3 times a day instead of every 15 minutes. I'm seeing the GP today about it. I really can't believe it's taken this long to figure out.

Marion - Ashton loves pear and banana rice cereal, any pureed fruit and custards. Can't stand vegies of any sort and hates yogurt as well .

Tegan - Goodluck at the GP. I hope you have found the solution

Love

Well i went to the GP. Not very happy with her at all. She basically says i over feed him and that it will lead to him being over weight!! He weighs 10kgs which is in the 97th centile for his age, but his height is also in the 97th centile at around 79cms. So he's very much in proportion. He is a solid boy but overweight? I don't think so! She really make me feel like a bad mother

She said he could be lactose intolorent though and i have to get a poo samle from him and sent to the pathologist. Nice job that'll be. But she said it probably won't show anything.

So i just don't know what to do. I feel like the worlds worst mother at the moment.

Tegan - Charlie has never looked overweight in any picture I have seen of him!
    He is doing so well too, you are a great mother!

If his height and weight are in proportion then he is just fine. I have had people tell me I overfeed Kirsten, even though her height is in the 70th percentile and her weight is in the 30th..some babies just eat more than others, she eats all day!!

Just think of her as the world's worst GP instead!

Wow @ him being 10kg Tegan, but I agree I would never have thought of him being that big looking at his photos cause he is definitely in proportion. He will burn some of that anyway when he gets into crawling and then walking/running LOL.

I totally forgot to get Ashton weighed tonight, never mind. Mum will soon be able to say if he has put any weight on since the last time she saw him, cause she hasn't seen him for a while, and will see him on Saturday.

Love

Hi ladies ..
    i havent been in here for ages...
    tegan- nixon is having trouble with spit ups as well , like alll day long... i ve been trying to keep him still in his high chair after a bottle but thats no easy task but it has helped a bit !!

he also has been unwell for the last few days.. the nurse said he was teething and he has a purple ridge on his top gum, she said hes cutting a tooth.... but i didnt tell her that now he has started crawling ( !! crawling !! soooo cute) he bumped his head and i think he cut his gums coz there was a tiny bit of blood

i felt so bad that day ! but i just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the mumas that are doing a great job !!!
    have a good day !

My sister finally had her baby girl late last night. Hooray! I'm an auntie!!

motherduck Guest

Congratulations on being an aunty Mel.

Tegan your little man looks good to me not over big just right.

Not much happening hear lately trying to think of what to do for Cassies 3rd bday on saturday thinking of taking her to see Shrek #3 just me DH and her then inlaws for tea all she will be interested in is the Cake and jumpping on her poppy.

Congratz Mel on becoming an Auntie!

Kate, how is Rylee doing? Any sleep yet? have you been to that sleep school?

Well i am sick at the moment. i have a very bad ear infection and keep getting fevers. I'm always feeling hot and cold, very weird. i hope it goes soon.

Not sure if i mentioned but Liyl and Charlie are now in childcare twice a week, monday and fridays. They both love it. Lily has a great time there. I'm hopinh they help me with her toilet training.

DH and I are thinking of going to Hawaii for a week for our (belated) honeymoon. Probably in a month or 2. MIL has already told us she'll look after the kids, so that's great.

I've also enrolled into a bachelor of nursing course at uni. I find out if i got in on 25th June(day before my b'day) i hope i get in!

ETA: Oh and thanks Kathryn on my avatar! I love it!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast