Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #3

Have to say lovely pic of yoru girls in your signature Kirsty

They look like two little dolls sitting there

LOL at him coming home early Kathyrn and thanks will give it a go with the sig thing now, well that was easy so thanks, just cut and pasted what you put and took out the spaces and filled in the blanks lol

Last edited by Belinda; November 15th, 2006 at 12:19 PM.

aww sorry to hear about your supply Emma.

how are the no dummy families going?? still dummy free? We still are dummy free for now lol

Love

Emma: Still thinking about going to shops lol, asked Luke if he wanted to walk there with me but he said he has a headache and doesnt want too, so we shall see, if i say i will buy him something i am sure his headache will dissapear quickly

Sorry to hear about your supply drying up on you

And cant comment on the dummies we have one here

Ally - have you tried pear juice? After both my births the physio told me it's the best thing for bfing women as the powders and things rely on lots of fluid to work and bfing mums tend to be a little on the dehydrated side. I have found it works really well and even drink it when not bfing! You can buy it in tins - Goulburn Valley. Also drink heaps of water.

Tegan, sorry to hear that you are still struggling. I hope the doc helps when you get there. If they say he's just unsettled push the issue and say that you are sure there is more to it. Many docs will prescribe Zantac to see if it helps even if they are not sure that it is definitely reflux. With regard to expressing, as Emma said, the mini-electric or electric pumps are much easier. Also you can try leaning forward, massaging your breast while you do it, smell your baby or look at a photo (or both), make sure you are relaxed and comfortable and think of Charlie smiling! Hope some of this helps.

Emma, sorry about your supply. Do what you have to do and don't feel guilty. If you are keen to persist with bfing, maybe try to attach Gaby again. A baby sucking will stimulate supply more than expressing. Now that she is bigger she might attach more easily. HTHs. If things don't work out with bfing at least you know you've done it for this long and given Gaby a great start in life. You can be proud of that.

Kathryn, yes, we are still dummy free and will stay that way now. Yay!! Life is much easier without the hassle of falling out dummies and having to wean them off later. How are you going with the cloth nappies? It must be a lot of extra work. I feel like I should do it but there is no way I could manage it with 2 in nappies I'm sure. Do you have only Ashton in nappies? What is your reason for using them?

Last night was mixed. Tom had one 4 hour stint between feeds but only short gaps at the start of the night and early this morning. I ended up taking him to bed about 4:30 and then he slept until after Jack woke up at 6:45 (which is late for Jack now the sun is up so early).

The storm with hail and all has just passed over here. It was pretty heavy, lucky I got back from the shops before it hit. It took 3 hours to get to the shops, park, go to medicare, mbf, the bank and 2 shops! Tom needed a feed while we were there and both boys needed nappy changes. It's amazing how long things take with 2 boys. Luckily they were both really well behaved again.

Must go, time to eat again!! Oh drat, both boys just woke up

Kirsty77 Guest

We're no longer dummy free...........we use it if Jazz is really unsettled and as soon as she drifts off she spits it out.

Well i finally got to the shops lol

And it wasnt that great, walked there with Luke and Cooper ended up being really unsettled after we got there so had to carry him and Luke had to push the pram, i will end up with arms of steel pushing that thing though, great on the flat but there is grass i have to cross that is not even to get home and it works out the arms and legs i know that!

Got Cooper weighed though, he is now 8.09pounds, seems a good weight gain, will check my book later

He was so unsettled when we got home and was only happy bieng a koala on my shoulder, must of been very windy, passed him off to DH when he got home and he finally settled after awhile and i got other stuff done at least

Just cooking dinner now and then making bottles then doing nothing for the rest of the night, it can all wait till tommorow i say

Melanie: hope tonight is better and hope that storm doesnt make it up here, dont really feel like dealing with a hail damaged car atm

Hi girls

I got ashton weighed yesterday, but he was fully dressed and therefore weighed 3380g. 8 days ago he was 2830 so that is 550g up but like i said he was fully dressed.

I know our midwife takes 50g off for singlet and dry nappy, so taking that off makes a 500g increase and even allowing 250g for his other clothes which I think was quite generous lol, it is still up 250g in 8 days!!

Melanie - We are not in cloth nappies yet, but will be staring pretty much from now sice Ashton is now over 3kg. I told myself I would wait till then. Reason for doing it that I do still have Lachlan in nappies so want to keep the shopping bill down a bit, as Kameron also wears pullups but only at night although he is starting to have dry nights now. I also did do cloth with Kameron for 18mths and really didnt mind it.

Belinda great to hear you attempted the shops

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

I'd love to try cloth but all that washing....argh.....WOW thats a great weight gain too.

We had a good night, up every 3 hour, but took me a good 1hour + to resettle Jazz which is unlike her. Its cold here today and windy. We;ve had huge storms and heat waves then all of a sudden a cold front. This global warming is doing weird things to the weather.

It is the same weather wise here Kirsty. Had 8hrs of storms saturday night and now gone into a cold snap. They are saying it is meant to be 36c again by monday !!

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Yeh I just heard that on the news now, that by the weekend it will be hot again........a world gone mad!!

kate - how do you carry Kelsey with Rylee in the HAB ?!?!?! I am not even game to pick up Lach when Ashton is in the HAB LOL.

love

Kirsty77 Guest

I can relate Kate. Gem still wants to be carried everywhere despite the fact shes been walking since she was 9 months old! Its certainly a work out and a half!LOL!

Just a short one

Picked luke up from school today and he has chicken pox!!

So rang doctors as i was worried about Cooper and Mason getting them, so they made an emergency appointment for me to take Mason to be immunised a week early, which i had to pay for because he isnt 18mths till next week, think thats pretty crap but anyhow, turns out i havent had it before either so i had to get a needle too, i was way more scared than Mason but it didnt hurt at all

So i am praying the rest of us dont get it, at least Luke is old enough to deal with it, would hate for the little ones to have to try and cope with it

Will read back tommorow when i get more time, only just getting dinner now, been running around here and there

Nite

Morning Girls

Well the no dummy rule broke in this house last night 2. After 2 full on days of Ashton crying for no real reason that I could figure out anyway I gave in at 9.30pm last night. Took about 30 mins for him to take it and once it was in 2 sucks he was sound asleep and spat it out LOL. He never had it at all again during the night and had it for about 5 mins the morning, but didnt really do anything that time, so I gave him a top up feed instead since it had been 2hrs since the last feed, and he is now sleeping peacefully without dummy. So it will probably go back into the drawer again.

We are officially into the cloth nappies now as well, so I just have to remember to change him a bit more often LOL

Belinda - that really sucks having to pay for the chicken pox 1 week out grrrrr to them.

Love

Well sounds like it helped settle him down again anyhow

And thanks girls, hoping the rest of us dont get it, but more than likely we probably will, but hoping its mild cause of having needles yesterday, we shall see

Kirsty77 Guest

What a PITA Belinda at having to pay for the needle.I be pi$$ed about it!! really hope you and the boys don't get it.

We had a good night, up every 3-3.5 hours but it was freezing cold! Remind me if we ever have bub #3 that I do not want to have bub in winter! Might pop out to my sisters today as I haven't been able to visit here this last week and a bit as one of her girls has had gastro, so I'm looking forward to some gossip and adult company!PMSL!

Well I don't know if I've mentioned it but I've applied for a job, yep I'm on maternity leave still but an opportunity arose for me to work in another town in a job that I'd love to do. Problem is its fulltime so Corey and I would have to switch for a while, but its in disability working for thw government(I work currently with kids and young adults with disabilities)I'm REALLY passionate about working with in the disability field and this job would be awesome.It closes on monday and I'm nervous as hell about it. For a start I'd have to go through a selection panel, and I seriously still have pregnancy brain, and I'll tell you why............

I rang chrisco yesterday to ask if we could change the delivery address as last year the jerks who delivered to us stole a toddler hamper from us!! So here I am on the phone to them and they say ' well its a bit late to change details as its getting delivered this saturday 18th nov!!'WTF!! I got the letter which is even more embarrassing but put it to one side and didn't read it! My own fault but lucky I rang or I might not have been home! Tragic really!!

Rofl @ your chrisco debarcle, and OMG at them stealing a hamper from you. We have never had any major issues with Chrisco and been doing it for years now. Our gets delivered on the 27th. Can't wait

Love

Well i am winning the battle of gapping out his feeds a bit more today, seems all i am doing is feeding him and i think its wind more than hunger lately

Only problem is the only way i win is by him sleeping on me! so defeats the purpose i guess lol

Luke seems ok today, has more spots today but not heaps yet, hoping he only gets it mildly

Going out tonight for the first night out, cant wait to drink and be merry, was praying other two didnt show signs of CP today so i could still get out

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast