Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #3

that is fantastic ally !! Good to hear she is going so well overnight. Nice work Katelyn

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

LOL I'm not busy just checking our ebay!!

We had a really good night.....Jazz was up 4 hourly and I feel great with just the extra hours sleep. Gem's at daycare today, gives us both a break from each other.

Belinda- I made sure this time round that I didn't get into the habit of carrying around bub all day. Gemma was a nightmare with wanting to be held 24/7 and even at night she'd scream for hours when we put her to bed even as we patted her or rocked her. Jasmine is quite happy to be put to bed while still awake. She may whinge but not cry at all. Its amazing how different bubs are.

ETA-oh wow Ally on Katelyn only waking once!!Thats fantastic.I dream of the day Jasmine sleeps through!PMSL! Gemma didn't sleep through the night till she was 3 months old :eek:

allyfield Guest

I feel so good getting plenty of sleep. I am blessed this time round. She is such a good baby never really cries only if she is hungry or wet/dirty. At the moment she is lying awake in her basinett just staring into the sky.

Kirsty77 Guest

Jazz is the same Ally. SHe will just lay in the portable cot or at night she'll just lay there till she falls asleep.She is just so different to Gemma!

Mason still doesnt sleep through, so i am learning from that and not going there again

After last feed i put him down again and only had to go back in twice to give him a pat and he went to sleep, so i think starting a bit earlier is the key, i waited too long with Luke and Mason and they were more aware of the change i think

Anyhow just hoping DH will stick with it as well as he is hopeless at knowing when they are tired, he would put them back to bed after they got up if he could some days lol

Ally: Glad you got some rest in

Kirsty: Glad you had a good night as well, and LOL at ebay

DH didnt have a great night he left a note to say he was up from 2.30am till worktime so that is what prompted me to change things a bit today, although i did say to him not to expect him to sleep through for at least a few weeks yet, but even if he can do change bottle burp and straight back to bed it will be better for him to get some sleep

It is amazing how you learn from your mistakes when you are onto your 2nd or third child isn't it LOL. I am hoping Ashton follows in the boys footsteps and sleeps through constantly from 14weeks. Watch him be totally different

Love

Yeah i was thinking earlier to myself, there is no way i would of had a clue what the hell Cooper was crying about at this early stage if he was my first, or even Mason after the big gap, i still kinda feel bad though that i am putting him off to bed, but i know a happy baby means a happy parent and that makes life a lot better

Feel good though as i got a heap of housework done and spent time with Mason, he was so much better for it too, yesterday as soon as i dumped Cooper to DH, Mason was all over me, had missed me, which was normal

I hope that Ashton copies his big brothers nicely for you

I have always dumped the kids into a rocker or the basinette/cot after a feed when they have been newborn. I am considering selling my HAB as I really only got it in case Lachlan cracked the pooey with Ashton taking over the pram but he has been really good, but it might come in handy a bit later on so will hang onto it for a while. Probably wont get much use in Summer as I get really hot with him in it.

It is nice when you get to have one on one time with the other kids isn't it.

love

Oh the smiles reminded me Emma. I said to Ashton at 3am this morning. Where is your smile and he smiled straight away I thought it was just a coincidence, but he did it every time I asked and again at the next feed, he also did it this afternoon.

Woohoo for the big grin Emma

Love

aaawww so cute about the smiles

Cooper did a couple the other day but hasnt really since, he made a cute baby noise today so that was good enough lol, better than crying

I cant put Cooper down straight away as he is sick if we do so have to hold him upright for at least 15mins after his feeds, but after that i do try to put him down, no chance in the rocker cause Mason just attacks him

Well off to finish cooking dinner, talk later

oh yeah i always give them about 10 -15 after a feed too

Love

Well all went great today with him sleeping in bed as i said, then Bill got home and then nursed him, aaaaaaahhhhh to men, but he is unsettled in bed now and Bill is in bedroom so he can deal with it for not listening to me

Well otherwise nothing much else happening, catching up on washing still before my parents arrive back tommorow, havent done floors yet, will be a morning job i think

LOL at those whose new babies are better than their first. My first one was really good so poor Tom has no hope of being as good. Jack was well and truly sleeping through by now and Tom is not even close. Oh well!!

Well done on all the smiles. They are so cute aren't they. Sounds like Ashton is very clever!

DH and I had a really nice dinner out last night. Both boys slept for the whole time we were out so dad had an easy babysitting job. He has left now so we have the house to ourselves for about 3 weeks. Then we have BIL arriving for a week, and then MIL and FIL are moving to Brissy and will stay with us until they find somewhere to live (hopefully really soon!!!). I am so looking forward to us being just a family again with no visitors!!

I am really exhausted so am going to bed now!! Good night!!

Glad you dinner went well Melanie and hope the IL's find a house real soon after they get there

I dont mind my parents here when they visit but MIL i have a 4 day limit and then she drives me batty, told her to buy her bus ticket home on one trip cause i just couldnt stand it anymore lol

New thread time girls

Love

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456