Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #7

Hi gals. Yep, Tom is moving around early. I can't remember when Jack first commando crawled, but Jack first rolled over at 7.5 weeks and Tom did it at 4.5 weeks so I think he's going to be mobile earlier (EEEEKKK - Jack was crawling by 5.5 months and walking at 9.5 months, I'm not ready for that again LOL).

We have had 2 better nights with Tom now. Last night he went 4 hours then 3, the night before he went 5 and then 4 (but the 5 hours was from 6:30 so I didn't get to sleep for most of it).

We took Jack to see a Thomas the Tank Engine display today at the Railway museum at Ipswich. He loved it. The whole way home he said 'go to see trains, one more time'. He even held 1 finger up for the one more time.

Motherduck, welcome. How are the twins going? Were they in hossy for long? 33 weeks is pretty good for twins isn't it, but still early. You must really have your hands full.

Kate, great to hear that Kelsey is better. Now we just need Rylee to sleep better! I hope you are still somewhat sane (although I read your post about still wanting no 3 so maybe you have totally lost your mind already LOL!!).

Kathryn, OMG at 3 boys and no car for 4 days. At least I only have 2 boys and will have a car. When I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown I will think of you in March and hopefully that'll get me through LOL!!

Hi to everyone else, sorry I've lost track of posts a bit and I'm too tired to catch up now.

hey everyone

Been a bit behind on keeping up with everything here, i will get there eventually!

Had to laugh though as i just read what Kathryn said about the commando thing, that was funny

All is good here, kids are good

Went out for dinner friday night and didnt get home till 4.30am, oops lol but it was fun

Well nice i am on someones mind anyhow

And i really hope the course works out for you and things improve

Oh Belinda I am dead if I am up till 11pm let alone not crawling home till 4.30am !!

I put Ashton to bed an hour early last night (8.30) and he woke up an hour early this morning lol little bugga. He is in his cot just laying there awake atm, so I will leave him there till he starts getting fed up. It is going to be hot today and he has a ceiling fan in his room, so the longer he stays in bed the better. I wish someone would let me stay in bed rofl Feel like I have been hit by a mac truck this morning.

Hello to everyone !!

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

hey girls

sorry selfish post........just got back from step aerobics......can hardly lift my fingers I'm so pooped!PMSL

Jazz's still sleeping about 6-7 hours in a row then wakes for a bottle at night. Corey actually did sat night feed for me as we couldn't settle Gemma so I slept in Gem's room and got to sleep all night....pure bliss. Apart from that Jasmine is 3 months this week..man its gone quick and shes such a chatty smiley little girl. Even at 3am after her bottle she lays there talking to me as I doze on and off!

Have a great day ladies.........

Wow - Tom slept for 7.5 hours last night. He woke only once at 4:15 - hooray! I wonder if he can do it again tonight!

DH is off tomorrow for 8 days - I'll either be here more often for company, or less because I have no time LOL!

Hi everyone. Kate, LMAO, I will look out for your lost mind! I suspect mine might be in the same place LOL!!

Kate - that is a really good weight considering her reflux - well done!

Melanie/Kat - hubby is going away for 4 days too, next week, am nervous about being on my own, he is such a great help!!

Kirsty - I AM impressed by the step aerobics, I thought I was doing well pushing the pram for 20 minutes!

Jean - hello and welcome!

Hello to everyone else too, will do more personals soon (I always say that!)

Kirsten is back being quite settled again, although she is feeding lots. She has got herself into a strange routine where she will not go to sleep until after 1130pm..in fact until then she is more awake/hungry/playful than ever, then sleeps through till between about 8 and 9am, has a small feed then goes back to sleep for the rest of the morning.

It's good in that I can get things done in the morning and have hubby to help in the evenings but it would be nice to have some time together at night and also I miss her in the morning!

Does anyone have any tips for trying to move her bedtime forward?? i don't really want to wake her up too early in the mornings and have a fussy cranky baby on my hands and am also worried she won't eat enough in the evenings to sleep through if she is put down early!!?!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Kate-Marion-I must say after step I'm pretty sore, mostly in my calfs!!LOL Was pretty funny, I managed to keep up but tripped a few times. Its been soooo long since I've done step its ridiculous. I also went to aqua aerobics last night, but thats more of a warm down as its not that hard. Tonight I'm off to body balance which is yoga, pilates, tai chi all combined and its quite a work out.I love it cause at the end you get 10 mins of relaxation where you just get to lay there, I nearly fall asleep every time!!

Kate-I don;'t want Jaz to grow up and I don't want Gemma to either!! BUT I do look forard to more sleep in the future!LOL!WOW thats an impressive weight Rylee is!!

Well we had a kinda good night, jaz went to bed about 6.30pm and slept till a bit after 12 then up again at 3.30am but it took me ages to get her back down as all she wanted to do was talk and make squeely sounds!PMSL She was so happy it was ridiculous! In the end I lay her in the cot next to me and let her go for it, she woke Corey up with her happy squeels! Eventually she feel asleep 1.5hours later. I'm a bit zonked now but hopefully I'll get a nap in somewhere or possible fall asleep on the couch again while Gemma runs up and slaps me and tickles me!

Have a great day!

Woo hoo - Toms slept through last night! I can't believe it! He was really overtired by the time he finally fell asleep about 7. Then he woke for a small top feed at about 8:30 and didn't wake again until after DH was up at 6am. Fingers crossed he does it again!

The boo hoo is that poor Jack cried and cried when we said goodbye to DH at the airport his morning. He is ok now, although keeps saying "daddy coming back, daddy coming back". It was heartbreaking. Poor DH and I were in tears too just watching Jack. DH rang before getting on the plane (international so we said goodbye a while before he actually got on the plane) so Jack and I got to say goodbye again. It seemed to cheer Jack up knowing that daddy was on the phone.

Marion, not sure what advice I can offer. I have found with my boys that they tend to fall into a pattern that suits them and trying to change it can cause more problems. Maybe just try putting her down 15 mins earlier each night and see how you go. Or try some wind down time before bed? Otherwise maybe just put up with it, she'll probably change routines on you pretty soon anyway. Good luck!

Hi girls.

Nah not coming down with Gastro Kate, just plain tired with the heat we have atm. already was 38c at 11am. Change is on the way though (just hit the Nullabor) so counting down the hours till it reaches adelaide

Ashton slept all night again, put him down at 9.30 and he woke at 5.30. i do go back to bed but I cant' really sleep cause I know the other 2 will be up within the hour. House is a tip cause I do just let me kids go feral when it is hot. Too bloody hot to tell them off rofl. So when that change has come I will be doing a big clean up. We dont' have air/con so can't bask in luxuries rofl.

Love
    Last edited by Astrolady; January 16th, 2007 at 11:31 AM.

Kirsty77 Guest

I know how you feel Kathryn its been so hot here to, more humid too. Today its finally raining on and off and the cooler change is wonderful. Both girls have been in nappies or nudie the past week and Gem has also been running around feral, playing with cups of water!! But even with the change in weather it feels like its going to be humid and hot again soon.

Yes I just walked outside and got attacked by the boys fire fighter hoses that they got for xmas each ARGH !! Note to self STAY INSIDE I am saturated LMAO. Time to buy myself a super soaker I think for pay back

Love

Got Charlie weighed today. He is 5.55kgs and is 63cms long. Still a tall skinny thing! Bit worried about his weight gain though, he only gains 100g a week yet he will happily drink 240mls of formula every 4-5 hours.

Kirsty77 Guest

OMG Tegan 240ml every 4-5 hours is fantastic!! Jasmine has only just now started to take the entire 120mls of her bottles and even then its not all the time. I wouldn't worry, hes long like Jasmine and hes gaining , so thats all that matters!

Talking of pills Emma.I'm on the mono pill thats supposed to even out your moods cause it doesn't have all the hormone tablets like the tri type pills, but I skipped the sugar tablets and have had AF for the last week and a half!Go figure.I'm so over it! Must go back to the doc and talk about what the heck is going on. Apparently it happened to my lil sis to. Bloody buggar! Jasmine actually grabbed her foot th other night, total fluke of course but boy did she get a fright! And shes now rolling from front to back. I had her on her play mat the other day(when gem's in daycare as so she doesn't get slapped or smothered!) and she was on her tummy and when I came back in she was on her back, laying there giggling and talking to her mobile. I stood there scratching my head for a while!PMSL

After saying she was more settled, we tried to put her to sleep in her cotbed as she is getting too big for her moses basket, and she woke upset at 530, and wouldnt settle back down, we had to put her moses basket into the cotbed before she would fall asleep.

Not sure how we are going to manage this one!!

Marion, Emma had the same thing with Gaby, but it didn't last long. Hopefully it will be the same for Kirsten. Maybe try putting the linen or blanket from the bassinette in the cot with her for the familiar smell.

Tom didn't sleep through last night, but only woke at 3:45 so not too bad. He slept most of yesterday so I think I was lucky to get that! He's been quite grizzly today so I'm hoping for another good night.

Jack has been so good since DH has been away. We have survived our first two days quite easily. After tonight just 6 more sleeps to go. I can't believe how good Jack has been. Tonight when I asked him to clean up his toys he cleaned up everything in sight (whether it needed it or not LOL). He is such a great kid.

Tom's passport arrived on Monday. They tried to deliver Jack's today but we weren't home so I have to get it tomorrow. THey were both sent on Friday so not sure why 1 took 2 extra days. Anyway, at least we have them in time for our trip, one less thing to worry about. It has just occurred to me how much luggage we will have - think of the nappies alone!

I hope everyone is well. Kate, are you getting any sleep yet? Tegan, I hope you had a tanty free day. I have a friend with a daughter who is 2.5 and she has terrible tanties too (the dd that is!). Maybe it's worse with girls (here's hoping for my sake LOL!!!!).

Just back from Dr..Kirsten was taking the good sleeping a bit too far..she slept from 1130pm-1130am last night then for another 3 hours after a feed..she has also been coughing...so she officially has her first cold. She is taking it in good spirits though!!!

Marion

x

Awww Marion I hope Kirsten gets better quickly.

It is 8am here and not a peep from Ashton yet, he usually wakes at 5.30/6. So he has offically been asleep for 10hrs. I really should get Kam and Lach's breakfast sorted in case he wakes. Kameron is already telling me he is starving lol

Kate - We have Ashtons Naming ceremony on March 3rd and I am already dreading the to do list for it. I am going to keep it a small affair this time around though, just immediate family and close friends, as we really can't afford it. I have had 2 dates chosen (a week apart from each other) since before he was born and now everyone else has planned stuff around it as well.

I was going to go for March 10th, but then Andrews mum decided to have a 60th birthday dinner on March 14th and Andrew made plans to goto victoria on march 16th. So we would be forking out too much money in that one week considering that week is mortgage week too ARGH. So now I have had to bring Ashtons forward by a week. I also have to work in with his godfather-to-be who works on oil rigs for 2 wks on 2wks off

Love

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast