Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #8

Tegan I've replied in the other section, but I've been thinking about it heaps. I know for a long time there we didn't have anyone to look after our children & with Matilda's sleep issues we haven't been able to go out sometimes when we do finally have someone. I have befriended a few neighbours & those with kids haven't been able to help at night, but we have done a brunch where we left Matilda with them and went out on the weekend for a lovely brunch & then came home just in time for her to have a nap. We felt sooo refreshed and for some reason I wasn't as upset as night... strange I know.

SOOO.... different ideas: I have utilised neighbours, older ladies who come over after Matilda is asleep. I used a service twice and what I did was have the person over 1 arvo to help me out with Matilda to check her out & see the interaction going. I still didn't feel as comfortable as I would with someone I know, but it was really important for DH & I to get some of that quality time. We are starting to have a hard time with our relationship with 2 kids so we have signed a neighbour on for every other week coming for 2 hours so we can go out. One week it will be a Sunday morning so we go out to breakfast and one week it will be a night during the week after kiddies are in bed.

*hugs* I can totally sympathise.

Hi everyone. hope your all having a better day then i am! i really do admire you mums who manage with more then one child. im flat out coping with the one ive got! he's decided that he doesnt want to sleep during the day. i put him down for his morning nap, and he SCREAMED the house down. i mean for a good 15 minutes. everytime id walk in he'd stop and give me a big grin. cheeky little man. so ive resorted to feeding him to sleep today. geez i hope today is a one off thing! anyway im sorry for the whinge!

time for a new thread everyone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567