Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #8

Thank you for the welcomes! My little man is Jackson Thomas. He was born 17th October, so is almost 4 months! wow where does the time go. anywho im off to bed. Sweet dreams everyone. talk to you all soon.

Kirsty77 Guest

Welcome Mel (A guess?? cause of your user name!LOL)Jasmines been pretty unsettled wanting me to carry her round. Yesterday in the mall I had her in a capsule thats attached to the trolley and she started crying cause I wasn't holding her!Was the first time shes done that!

Kate-Thats ok. People spell my name wrong too all the time IRL and on BB!PMSL Guess you don't get that with your name........probably why my lil sis named her daughter Kate!LOL I'm so jealous of DH having holidays with you guys! Corey's holidays are in march but only for 2 weeks, but it will be perfect as we'll be moving house around then so he can do all the work

Yep my little angel is VERY clingy. Just started yesterday, but I'm wondering if its because of daycare.....hmmmm could be. We're off to do a grocery shop as soon as Corey gets home from work. It'll be the first time hes come shopping with us since Jasmine was born!!!!Hes pretty excited!

oh Kirsty maybe it is daycare... I hope thats all.

Welcome jacmeldav!

Name spelling... I get it too. There are apparently some really exciting ways to spell Christy... and 9 times out of 10 people say Kirsty to me on the phone. Ah well.... We have Matilda who hopefully won't get it, but poor Jovie will.

Kate, thanks for asking... I've done a rather huge post in Nov babies about my last week but things are okay. We are on survival this week I'm on antibiotics for a burn & Jovie's gone downhill from that. She was a textbook baby a week ago... so much better.

Kirsty77 Guest

Ok Jasmine's stats..........just measured her

Head-41cm roughly she kept wriggling
    length-66cm
    weight-held her and weighed us both!LOL shes weighs about bang on 6kg so around 13lb 23 oz
    Last edited by Kirsty77; February 3rd, 2007 at 09:48 AM.

Kate:Mason went fine thanks for asking, he could of stayed longer but didnt have afternoon tea with him, so next time i will remember, costs on how much food they have to have there, sometimes better for him to be at home and just snacking on small things all day, cheaper anyhow lol

Jacmeldav: Welcome to the thread

Cooper has been really clingy too since a couple of days ago, maybe its just a stage for them, he isnt sleeping hardly at all during the day either, no idea why, he still sleeps well over night though so thats good

Anyhow better go try and sneak Cooper into a bath without Mason noticing lol, we have put them in together but mason is too rough and splashes

Kate & others... I couldn't even find the post I thought I'd done so here is some of it:

My burn is on my belly, from the bottom of my bra to my undies. Its over more than half of the belly area... (just what I wanted people staring at my post baby belly daily...). I sat down with a bowl of boiling water to steam out my head cold around 11.30pm Sat night and accidentally poured the water straight onto my belly. I had to call an ambulance & go to hospital until around 4am when I got home. I had to leave Jovie & Matilda with DH and go by myself... in undies & bra!!! Luckily DH though to run & grab some pants & top, breastpads & mobile for me otherwise I would have had to walk out of the hospital in undies & bra too... & they were soaking wet because after the burn I ran into the shower & stood in my clothes under cold water. Then the ambo's had to take the clothing off and pulled skin with it
    I am having to have daily bandage changes & am reacting to different bandages they are using so its tough going until they get it sorted. It got infected on Tuesday so I had to start antibiotics then.

Oh Christy, you poor thing! *hugs* So lucky it wasn't while you were pregnant too! I hope it heals soon.

Great idea Kate... I think I will ring the burns unit tomorrow to see if they have any other options.

Kirsty77 Guest

OMG Christy I had no idea. I got confused above when you said somethng about a burn?? Definitely ask the hospital for something else to put on the burn if your reacting. Corey burnt his thigh a few years back and they gave us this skin type adhesive stuff, they call it second skin and it healed after about a month or two. You wouldn't even know now that he was burnt that badly as he ended up getting no scarring.

Kate-I get Kristy, Kirsten, Krystal!! And to make matters worse my middle name is Mhairi(promounced Varii) so people look at my name then look at me like I'm making my name up! My surname is also hard for people to pronounce, hence why the girls have pretty simple names, we couldn't give them names that people would have trouble with as they are going to get it their whole lives with their surname

Christy - I'm so sorry to hear about your burn!

Kirsty - I would have known how to spell your great Scottish middle name

Jacmeldav - Welcome!

Kate - I'm so glad Rylee is starting to settle...Kirsten only had a little bit of colic but even when that went away recently it was wonderful!!! It will be so great for you when her sleep improves too!

More soon..

Marion

x

Hi all. I'm back! We had a great holiday, the boys were so good. I can't believe how quickly a week goes when you are away though!

I have read all the posts but there is so much to reply to, so if I miss anything please forgive me.

Welcome to Kirstie, Briohny and jacmeldav. LOL Jacmeldav, we are in Brissy too and my boys are Jack and Thomas. We must like the same names!!

Kate, so glad to hear the Christening went well and that Rylee is a bit better.

Kirsty, wow, congrats on all your wonderful news. I hope the job goes really well for you.

Christy, ooowwww. That is terrible. I hope it heals soon for you and Jovie gets back on track. I'm looking forward to meeting you when you are feeling better.

Kathryn and Belinda, I hope things settle down for you soon. You sound so busy.

Tegan, I hope you start to feel better soon.

Marion, I hope Kirsten has settled back down for you again.

Emma, I hope things are going better for you now too.

It seems most you have had a pretty bad week while I've been away. As I said, we had a really good week. The boys had some "moments" but mostly were incredibly well behaved. I thought we were in for a long trip home on the plane today (2hrs 40min) when Tom started crying just before take off. But luckily I managed to bf him with his belt on and he fed himself to sleep. DH looked after Jack and I ended up reading for about an hour with Tom asleep on my lap. Wow, what utter luxury to have an hour to read LOL!!

I'll take some of those sleeping vibes too. Thomas isn't too bad, he wakes for a feed sometime between midnight and 3am, and sometimes again around 5:30. But I would be even happier if he would sleep through!

Well, off to bed for me now. I'm so tired. Now I need to recover from my holiday! And it's Jack birthday on Monday so I have to get everything done for his party next Sunday this week. What a busy year this has been so far.

well i dont recall reading that story Christy, how horrible!!!

I hope it heals well for you

awww Emma you've had a rough trot lately with Gaby being unsettled *hugs* hopefully she'll start behaving for you soon.

Morning Everyone! Hope you all had an OK night. Christy - thats horrible what happened. hope its not too hot where you are and your keeping cool. one of my brothers had a pretty severe burn late last year and he said that the heat made it feel even worse. Hey melanie, we've got lots in common! my names melanie too! where abouts in bris are you? i couldnt decide between jackson and thomas, so we had to have both. ive gotta go. king jackson calls (actually screams!)

Kirsty77 Guest

Kate-As Marion has said its scottish. My entire name is very scottish including my surname(mackay)

We had a bad night. Saturday nights supposed to be my night off(so to speak!) with Corey looking after Jasmine but hes having trouble settling her so last night or rather this morning I was up 4 times feeding then resettling Jasmine for him. I think I'm going to tell him to give them up as its not a night off if I have to get up!!

Hi Everyone,

These cheaky kids causing us sleep deprivation, whats with that? Big hugs to you all. Gemma and Teagan are being very difficult to settle of an evening. During they day they are angels and fall asleep after some feeds, but when it comes to going to bed at night, uggh! For 30min to an hour + they cry, then scream and Teagan's new thing is to squeal-which gets no reaction from me except a laugh! It's getting really tiresome and I don't understand, I do the control crying and it's not working. I must be doing something wrong? I've rung Tweedle and hope to get into a seminar on sleep settling soon. Any tips? Fortunately they don't disturb each other its just they take it in turns, lol.
    I looked after a friend's 9month old last night for a few hours-it does get easier. He is such a good boy and less maintanance than a 3 month old. He burps himself, he sits there and plays and then goes to bed awake and then goes to sleep, no crying just laid there. He was awsome. It's great to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Christy, I missed all of this. I hope you're ok. Big hugs. Look after yourself.

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma was like that too Briohny. We used to spent ages settling her for bed, luckily by about 4 months she out grew it and would fall asleep at her last bottle while feeding her! Jasmine is a totally different ball game. She has a bottle then abit of awake time then gets cranky so I swaddle/wrap her and pat her bum and she falls asleep, sometimes I can just put her down and she'll drift off on her own. Sounds great but by 2am shes screaming for a bottle and is sometimes hard to put back down and is restless till morning. At least your girls don't disturb each other!! When one of my girls cry the other hears and then the other normally starts to cry........like its a competition!PMSL

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast