Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #9

Hey Melanie, what's going on?

PMSL girls - you are all hopeless!

My news is that we just bought a house. We have been renting for 12 months as we sold our house a year ago, unexpectedly quickly (we hadn't even put it on the market yet) and with a 30 day settlement. Then the day after signing the contract I discovered that I was pg with Tom. So we found a house to rent and signed a 12 month lease as we (especially me) didn't want to move again in a hurry. Word of advice, never move while pg, esp first tri when you are exhausted and sick. So, long story short, our lease is up, the rent is going up and we now have to face moving again. But we found a house we like, I've been running around like crazy for 2 days organising finance etc. We still have to wait for everything to go unconditional, but it's looking good so far. Lots of packing ahead of me, I will prob be scarce for a while LOL!

Congrats Melanie! That must be really exciting!!

Marion

x

Omg i've had a rotten day so far! Firstly i was late to my physio appointment. Then i went to go get a B12 injection coz im very low in it. But no one locally had any in stock and the manufactuer doesnt have a date of when they will get any! So i had a wasted appt and now cant get any B12 so dont know what im gonna do about that. Then i came home to notice out air con on the wall was leaking water all over the wall and carpet and tv so now the air con is pretty much stuffed and it's such a hot day here too. Tv is ok though. Then DH got stung by a wasp on his bum(thought that was pretty funny though lol) Oh what a nightmare!

Melanie: Congrats on the house

Tegan: all i can say is the only way is up from there surely! And have to say lol at the bum sting

All is ok here, Cooper seems better today though still not wanting all his bottles but will probably take him a day or so to get back to normal
    So quiet here today, Luke and mason at school and daycare and cooper has slept all day nearly, so cant complain
    Thinking of going out tonight, we shall see

Thanks Belinda.

Hugs to you Tegan. That does sound like a pretty [email protected] day. I hope it gets better for you!

Congratulations Melanie that's fantastic news.

Tegan, what a day, don't you just wish you didn't get out of bed? Big hugs!

I went to Tweddle today. Was very informative and reassuring, but stressful. Both G&T were up at 7am, we had to be there at 8.45am and didn't leave until 3pm. In that time I think they only slept 2 hrs in total. So I've had fun trying to learn these new techniques on overly tired babies! Hubby and I had a fight because he didn't come with me so I was explaining to him what to do-he cracked it because I happened to be speaking during the sports report! SORRY!!! So as punishment I stormed out of the house to visit a friend for an hour, I needed a break. And guess what, poor Gemma and Teagan apparently started pretty much as soon as I left. So for an hour they were so upset. I came home to a house in distress-suffer to him for not listening to me. I felt so guilty for abandoning them for my own selfish needs.
    They were upset because they were so hot in their bedroom, I honestly feel like I am doing things on my own sometimes, common sense things aren't common sense to some people obviously????

Sorry this isn't the Boo Hoo room. LOL.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Awww Kate look at your ticker piccie......your girls are totally gorgeous!! And they look so alike!

Nothing much happening here. I was supposed to have my gallbladder surgery on thurs but I got all prepped for surgery and ready to be wheeled up when it was cancelled due to the machine breaking down!! The poor guy that was before me was knocked out, incision made, tube inserted and when they put the gas into his tummy he blew up like a balloon!WTF!! The machine didn't stop so the poor guy probably has the worst shoulder tip pain from all that gas in his diaphram. Man I was so glad it wasn't me!! Never mind though, I'm on the next list for April. Not long to wait really.

Apart from that Jasmine is doing wonderfully. Still such a happy social little girl. Gemma is really talking to her now and trying to play with her. Its so cute to watch. Jasmine just adores her. She's still not sleeping through. Wakes at about 4 am for a bottle. Last night it was 6pm, 12am and 4am. I'm not fussed as she drinks the bottle(with her eyes closed!) and then goes straight back to bed. I'm only up 20mins tops.

Am adjusting to working fulltime quite well and the girls are adjusting well too. Gemma just LOVES daycare still. Jasmine loves daycare cause there are so many people to talk too!LOL They call her miss social there as all she does is talk!PMSL

Have a great weekend ladies!!

Kate: great pic of the girls

Kirsty: Sorry to hear the surgery didnt go through and ouch to that shoulder tip pain if that guy got it, i have never felt anything like it pain wise when i had it after gall bladder surgery, i had open surgery after keyhole didnt work out though
    Glad daycare is working out well

Kirsty77 Guest

They offered me open surgery Belinda, but I declined. No way after 2 c/s's did I want to be opened up again even if it is in a totally different spot! They said I'd be off work for 2 weeks! I could not afford that as there is noone to run the place if I'm not there.And the thought of being opened up near my rib cage made me shudder!! Can I be so brash as to ask why it didn't work? Were your gallstones to big?? A friend of my mum's told me horror stories the day before I went in of her surgery(Seems to be so common huh!) that her gallstone was just a bit bigger than a golf ball!!Mine are just little clusters thank god!

i am still unsure what happened with mine, so cant tell you really, i just know that they thought all went well after the keyhole but a leak was left or something so i was transferred to brissy to get it fixed

And i was with 3 other ppl to have keyhole and theres all went fine if that helps you

aaaww how cute and glad her sister thinks it funny

nothing much happening here, Cooper still isnt getting better with the spewing and gastro thing so will take him to docs tommorow

motherduck Guest

Belinda hope Cooper is feeling better soon.

Hope all you other ladies are going well.

Not a lot happening here just got the bubs down for a nap and the other little one is in the bath so I probably get fifteen mins time out, then off I go again.
    Th 14yr old is at work so get no teenage bother for a couple of hours the only prob is she gets off work at 9pm so another trip out.
    Sorry for going on its all good !
    Jean

Kate, I love the photo too! Thank you! It will be more exciting once the moving is behind us I think!! We will be moving around the 22nd or 23rd of March.

Kirsty, what a big pain about your surgery. At least it wasn't you with the belly full of gas! I hope you don't have any more attacks before the rescheduled surgery. The girls sound so cute, I'm glad they are settling in well.

Belinda, poor Cooper, I hope he is better soon. You've had a run of sick littlies haven't you.

Jean, I hope you enjoyed your spare 15mins!! You must really have your hands full!

Briohny, thanks! Glad your session at Tweddle went well. Men get better at the baby stuff as they go. I'm sure your DH will be more helpful soon. It is stressful when you don't get the support you need.

Emma, how are you doing sweetie?

A big woo hoo here. Tom slept through the night last night. It is only the second time ever and it's been weeks since the first time. Last night he went down around 6:30, I gave him a dream feed at 10 and then he slept through until 6:30. Jack came in and woke us at 6 thank goodness as I forgot to set the alarm for DH, and I suddenly realised that I hadn't been up to feed Tom all night. Hooray!

Another busy day ahead. Will be back when I can!
    Last edited by MantaRay; February 26th, 2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: missed a bit

motherduck Guest

MelanieR Congrats on your big move & Tom sleeping throu it is always good when they give you a good rest.

Well I can't belive Jessica & jack are four months old already Jess has been officialy sleeping throu for one month and Jack for six weeks if they didn't sleep throu i think I would have gone mad by now.

Jack has started dribbling big time in the last week or so not sure if he might get some teeth soon DD #2 had four at for months so we will soon see.

Enough blah from me catch you all soon.
    Jean

Thanks Jean. Got to love that dribbling - not!

Well, Thomas woke once last night, around 3am, and took over half an hour to go back to sleep which is most unusual. I wonder what will happen tonight! He is so interactive now, smiling and laughing more than ever. It is getting hard to bath him as he grabs the cloth really tightly. When I get it back and try to keep washing him, he grabs it again! But he and Jack really play together in the bath. They splash each other and laugh when they do it. It is so cute. If I didn't have to hold Tom in the bath I'd video it.

Good to hear from you Emma. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time atm. I hope it gets easier soon. I know how hard it must be when you were looking forward to TTC soon, but things will work out one way or another I'm sure. Hang in there and enjoy your beautiful little girl!

Tom woke once last night again but went straight back to sleep. We are getting there!!

Hello everyone..just a quick post to say I'm still alive!

Have had a pretty exhausting week with hubby being sick and Kirsten having cold and now teething..she is very grizzly and cries easily as well as chewing her hands and licking at her gums all the time, and her gums feel hard, so I am assuming thats what it is! She is just not herself!

She has her vaccinations on Friday, don't want to put her through them but they have already been postponed so should probably just go for it!

Luckily she is still sleeping 10-11 hours at night as I am quite tired/sniffly/worn out myself!

Will post more soon when things on even keel, hope you are all doing well..

Marion

x

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast