Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006

Christy, the Phil & Teds is great. I use the sling a lot too, but sometimes its just easier having them both in the pram. I hope you are in here for real very soon!!

Welcome Marion. My little boy was 3.5 weeks early (so technically I should be in Sep baby buddies). I was lucky though that he was still 6pd 8 ozs so we haven't had any weight issues. Good on you for expressing and bottle feeding. I had to do that for just 2 days with my first son and I was exhausted from all the time feeding and cleaning and preparing took. I really admire you for doing it longer term. I hope Kirsten is able to attach really soon. Do you have a lactation consultant or the ABA or someone to help?

Kathryn, glad Ashton is gaining again. Hopefully with 3 hourly feeds he will be fine now.

LMAO @ threatening Jovie, Christy. Poor girl is already under pressure

I have a hug-a-bub sling here but haven't used it yet. I thought Lachlan would have a hard time giving his pram up (which we did actually buy for Ashton lol) but he has been okay so far, will see how this week pans out when we are walking to and from kindy full time again.

Love

I am feeling a bit like a cow on a milking machine already! She just will not take to the breast at all, she starts to suck but then stops and falls asleep or pulls back! The bottle feeding is suiting us well at the moment though as my husband can do a night feed and let me sleep so I can recover. Luckily she only wakes every 4 hours at night, although today she has been feeding on and off all day!

Melanie - I had lots of help from the midwives and nursery nurses in hospital but to no avail. I think she just needs some time, if she is ever going to be able to do it. I don't mind the expressing so far, as I have quite a good milk supply and a very helpful husband who sterilises and prepares everything!! Luckily she was also a good size at birth like your son.

Kathryn - she has also had problems gaining weight, and is 5lbs 13oz at the moment. I'm sure its because they are too sleepy to feed at first, but it is hopefully improving. She tends to eat too much now then be sick and very windy.

Have also just been back up to hospital..was referred by my midwife as I was feeling so sick and dizzy, she was worried as my haemoglobin level was very low after losing 1500mls of blood at delivery and thought I might need a transfusion...but blood count is improving and apparently I have a viral infection and a wound infection...

So glad not to be kept in though!

Hopefully it will go soon and I can take her out and show her off!!
    Last edited by mmack; October 23rd, 2006 at 02:55 AM.

Oh Marion, that sounds awful. I hope you feel better soon. Nothing like being ill and not getting enough sleep!

It sounds like Kirsten is doing the same as Tom. He also guzzles then vomits and gets windy. At least he is gaining weight though. But last night the wind was worse than it's been and I was up quite a bit. Jack was never a chucky baby so this is new to me! Tom is sleeping soundly now, he fell asleep 5 minutes before Jack got up! I'm hoping to get a nap in this afternoon but I've got to take Jack to storytime at the library first. Last week a dad fell asleep during the story, maybe that will be me this week LOL!!

Marion - I really strugged with feeding Ashton those first few days as well as all he wanted to do was sleep, would get on the breast have a few sucks then fall asleep again. I would have to tickle him to get him to wake up enough to get back on and then 5 mins later he would be asleep again. Hang in there !!

Love

Well 1 very tired and headachy mummy here today. Lachlan has been a brat too as well but he is currently asleep now, pity i have to wake him soon to go and get Kameron.

Hoping Ashton has a nice weight gain tomorrow so I can stop waking him during the night to feed. That way I might get more sleep as well.

Love

skyelar Guest

Hi all!!!

Havent had a chance to read throught the thread but just wanted to ask the mods a question...Am I allowed to have my details added to the front of this Baby Buddy group even though Asha was born 27th Sept? I did email Nat about it & read her email in a blur at some ungodly hour during a feed & now have no idea when she told me :eek:!!!
    I really want to be in this BB group because all these gals were in my preggy buddy group!

Hi skyelar

Cause she was born in sept your details will have to go into sept. But we are not stopping you from posting across both threads. I am in the same boat, as Ashton is menat to be a Nov baby but gives me a good chance to get to know the Oct girls as they filter in.

Love

Hey girls... on another mod note... as hopefully I will be giving birth in the next week or so... if you need anything, please email one of the other mods if you haven't gotten a response from me in a few days

Karlee Guest

Hi all

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello here. I had a baby boy on the 10th after a 5 hour labour, things were very hectic and didnt go as planned afterwards but he is getting there now and on his way to full health. We called him Antoni William, he weighted in at 6 pound 7 oz

Look forward to sharing this journey with you all

Hi Karlee

Congratulations on the birth of Antoni !! Look forward to getting to know you and Antoni better

Love

Just a quick Ashton update -

Midwife has been and he has put on 80g in 3 days. He is now 100g off his birth weight. They will come back on Monday to check him one last time

Love

Kathryn, great to hear Ashton is nearly back to this birth weight!

Not much happening here. Not even getting sleep because Charlie feeds all the time. He's such a piggy! Bit worried that he's constantly hungry.

great to hear from you Kate.

Last night I let Ashton wake me up instead of me waking him up and he was whinging around every 3 hours anyway probably just a bit longer, so his body must be into that 3hrly routine now. He was stressing me a bit yesterday cause he wasn't feeding for very long, but he did okay throught the night. Have to remember that he is prem and the midwifes did say that he may get sleepy again at some stage.

I can't believe he is 2wks old today !

Love

Kathyrn~ good to hear ashton is gaining weight

Kate~ U must be a very busy girl with the 2 girls i think anyone who can do that is GREAT i couldnt do it thats for sure im struggling and my boy is 5!! I thought i would join this group as i enjoyed chatting with all the OCT Belly buddies!

Me~ well i have stopped BF now as i hated it we got thrush and just couldnt get rid of it and it was painful but jaxen is so much better on the bottles really settled and he seems satisfied after bottle where as he seemed hungry all the time on the boob and my other boy was being really naughty when i was feeding him as it took over and hour to feed it was just to stressfull so im much happier now!

Hi to Tegan, Skylar, Melanie, Karlee, Marion & anyone else i may have forgotten!!
    Last edited by ~Britney~; October 26th, 2006 at 08:56 AM.

Hi all. Glad to hear that all is going well.

Kate, we haven't used a dummy for either boy. Jack wouldn't take one and never needed it anyway (he slept well and never really cried). I haven't tried Thomas with one because Jack was so good without one and I don't want to create a problem with having to get up to "replug" as you say. I have considered it on his bad nights, but I don't think it would help. When he is screaming in pain he won't suck on my finger even so probably wouldn't take the dummy. When he's not screaming in pain he's settled and doesn't need a dummy anyway! I have just got some tips from my local ABA counsellor though. With both boys I have had an oversupply of milk and apparently this can cause many of the things Tom is experiencing. By feeding on one side only for 2 consecutive feeds then changing sides for 2 feeds etc this often relieves the problems. So I'll give that a try and see what happens.
    You must be finding it even harder getting out then I am. At least Jack walks really well (he was walking at 9 months so is very experienced by now!).

Kathryn, glad to hear that Ashton's weight is doing the right things. Doesn't the time go quickly!

Hi Britney. Sorry to hear that you've had so some problems but hopefully all will be well now.

Tegan, I hope Charlie's feeding settles down. Some of them seem to just feed often. Jack did that but luckily only during the day!

Welcome to Karlee. What a shame you had a difficult start but I hope everything is going well now.

Today is my errands day as Jack is at day care. I have been out all morning and now have a heap of stuff to do around the house then have to pick him up in an hour. Looks like Thursdays are going to be my busiest days and here I was thinking I'd get a rest day once a week!! LOL!!

Hiya Girls

Great to hear everyone is plodding along nicely. Took Ashton to his 2wk health check and he is now 50cm long !! I knew he had got longer. So that is 3cm since birth. Also going by their scales which are bloody old he is 2.7kg so past his birth weight meaning he would have but on 170g in 2 days (yeah right) so I am not even going to get excited by that and just wait till the hospital midwife comes out and weighs him on Monday.

He hasn't had a dummy yet either. Want to try and avoid it if we can as I am not a very big fan of them, but I guess neither of my boys had them for very long anyway. Kam gave his up at 8mths old and Lachlan was 5mths old both gave it up of their own accord.

Going to get back into the cloth nappies soon too, just wait for his little bum to put on a bit more beef

Oh the doctor also said that he is going to be tall cause of his large hands and feet and said that he is very well eqipped downstairs as well if you get my drift. Andrew said "what did he say" so I said "that he will be tall and well hung" my poor doctor just cracked up laughing and was still laughing when we left.

Love

Kate, a tip I got for fast let down is to try a couple of posture feeds (attach bub then lie back so you are lying on your back with bub across your chest). Apparently doing that for a couple of feeds in a row helps. I have the same thing!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast