Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #11

wanted to add this about the ducts...

try to get your baby to drain the duct by pointing their chin to wherever the blockage is. this can mean a bit of serpent-type winding around your side.

my last one way on the left outer side so i had his body round my side and held him sideways in football, if that makes sense. if you have to lay them over the top then so be it. they know what to do. you might need someone to help.

Im sick of having sick children! Going back to the docs again today this will be the 3rd Monday in a row. Since Sat arvo Nixon has had a 39+ temp, nurofen brings it back down but as the 6hrs come around up it goes again. Sat night he was up half the night just moaning and whingy and last night he woke at 3am and vomitted. He spent the remainder of the morning in our bed. The morning before we had to actually wake him at 11am???
    he hasnt really eaten in a few days but did have some dinner last night. I just want them to be all better before xmas it just keps lingering on. I'm cleanin the whole house atm trying to rid of any germs that are hanging around.
    So will see if doc will do Tyrons needles at the same time but if he still thinks he is not well enough he wont and then it will be yet another trip back, i want it done before xmas cause otherwise they'll be closed and be busy busy on the few days they are open.

minimaz i hope its not mastitis. i come down with it a few weeks ago and it knocks you for 6. i felt so horrible i couldnt do anything, achey all over etc.

catherine how is Miss Ro doing?!

Has anyone heard of the pride of the Nation book? it comes out once a year with professional pics of children around oz. all proceeds go to bonnie babes foundation. I had prof pics of Nix last xmas so he is in the 2008 book. its such a lovely book lots og gorgeous pics in there, if anyone has one or gets hteir hands on one Nixon is on page 57!
    Last edited by nickers; December 17th, 2007 at 11:41 AM.

Hi all,

Just got back from grocery shopping and Kieran wouldn't go back to sleep so I'm currently feeding him. I think we'll have an interesting day of sleep today after our busy weekend.

alz - How is Ethan now after his injections? It's horrible when they get unsettled from them. My first DS used to grump the whole day afterwards.

Leah - Nice ticker, well done! IKWYM about tearing up when your bub gets injections. I'm not looking forward to getting Kieran immunised.

Saffi - Hope you had a better night last night.

MiniMax - How are you feeling today? Have you found anything that helps?

Kellie - Yay for Tahlia sleeping through!!!

Rebecca - I hope things look up for you and your DH soon

Viv - Where do you get your material from??!! (eg. "the little man is pinging me from his cot..."), you always manage to crack me up!

Catherine - Good to see you in here! How is Ro going?

Nic - Sorry to hear Nixon is so sick. You are having a rough trot of it lately

Can I ask the B'Fing mums - How long is your bub taking to feed now? Kieran only feeds for 15 minutes during the day now. It is convenient, but I miss having an excuse to sit down for half an hour! He feeds longer at his 5am feed though.

trish - all my material is made on the fly. i think humour about 'pinging' makes me more of a nerd than a comedienne of any stature.

he's at it again, btw.

gotta go.

LOL Viv, I love it!

hi ladies,
    I'm not at all looking forward to Tahlias injections after all of the stories I've heard in here... I think I'm definitely going to take DH with me when they happen for the moral support!

Nickers - sorry to hear Nixon is not well, hope he gets better soon

Trish - Just over the last few days Tahlia has been so much quicker at feeding, she must be getting more efficient at sucking. I just gave her a bottle with some EBM in it and it felt so strange! I much prefer her drinking from me... usually when she has had a bottle before my DH has given it to her, but I thought I should have a go to get used to it as well!

Good to hear from you Catherine, make sure you keep us updated

Tahlia slept through again last night from 11 till 7.30, so that makes it 4 nights in a row! Woo hoo for us!

Melb gals - did we decide on a date for the next meet up?

Trish Myles feeds are quite quick during the day, but his night feed before he goes to sleep is quite long!

I bought an Ergo carrier yesterday, and its fabulous! Went shopping today with Myles in it and fed him while shopping! So easy! I love my HAB bu this is so much easier and DH will use it!
    Not much else happening here just the same! So excited about christmas, I love it! we cant wait to see our family and have a day of eating whatever!!!!!!

Sorry I have relpied to everyone you all talk so much!

x

LizzysMum Guest

Boomba - how do you cary him in the Ergo? I have one but thought I had to wait 4 months until their head control was better. Are his legs OK being so far apart? Yo may inspire me to try as we have tried a sling - NO, the HAB - OK, and another carrier like a HAB that was also OK but I am busting to use my Ergo. I loved it with Eliza!

Nic - so sorry to hear you guys are so sick. My brother is also having a run of it in his place and he reckons he has a "sick" house. He is testing for lead in the paint etc. His family have been in on and off sick since about May.

Caitlyn just had her shots - 2 seconds of crying and that was it!!! YAY!!! For such a sooky baby she did really well. And just to get DH back - he had to hold her - on his birthday!!!
    She weighs 5.25 kg now! Woohoo!!!
    The nurse stuffed up though and marked us down as being finished so the Dr didnt take us in for over an hour!! Oh well - he is a great doc and worth waiting for!

Kellie i think we only decided on a weekend after christmas.

Nic hope Nix gets better soon.

leah I asked the sales lady if he would need the infant insert and she said no, so I poped him in yesterday and he was a bit fidigety but today I walked down the shop and he was fine! It supportes his neck ok and just put the hood up when he was sleeping? His legs were ok i think? Hope he is alright or I will be back to shop telling the lady off!lol!x

Nixon has tonsilitis. explains the vomitting, high temps etc. Thismorning after running a temp of 39.4 he started shivering and had blue lips. so still couldnt get Tyron's needles as doc said its hard enough having to look after 1 sick child if Ty wasnt well after them and his chest is still real heavy mucousy. SO i've booked in for Thursday to have them done and a follow up on Nix as a few days on anti-biotics should hav kicked in.
    Nixon was only sick once in his first 12 months in Melboure and i swear since we have lived in Sydney for 6 months he has been sick atleast half a dozen times maybe more.

Mo & Amber your ticker pics are cool hehe!!

Catherine - thanks for the tip RE: hot and cold compresses!

Was at the doc today for Max to get his needles (yucky!!!!) and the doc checked my boob. She said to just keep massaging it and feeding from it etc. It's a bit painful in the nipple area too so I'm using a shield which is helping.

How awful are needles. I swear Max had real tears, I have never heard him cry like that before ever. He was asleep before it happened so she gave him the oral stuff first, then the doc and nurse gave him a needle...one in each leg at the same time. It was sooooo sad! He has slept, and fed and now he seems like little normal Maxxy again. Just about ready for a nap. Thank goodness for the thunder thighs!

Nickers - Tonsilitis is awful. I remember having it as a kid. Ended up having to get tonsils and adenoids out when I was 10, and I was always really healthy after that.

LizzysMum Guest

I hate immunisations!!!! Amar ahas been screaming since 2pm - not crying SCREAMING, lip quiver full on screaming. Won't feed, won't take dummy does not matter what I do. To make it worse I had to pick Eliza up from preschool so she screamed all the way there and all the way back. I am ready to cry too!

I want my happy bubba back!!! (wishing she had thunder thighs)

Amelia Guest

Oh I am so glad my lil michelin man has the biggest thunder thighs around. I am so not looking forward to his imm's on the 29th!! Glad DH is taking him otherwise I don't think I would be able to cope!!

Ohhhh I didnt/dont think Caitlyn has thunder thighs but she has taken immunisations really really well. They happened at 12 and we got home just before 1240, had a bottle and has been sleeping ever since! Yay! For once I dont have the unhappiest baby in the world. I must admit i was really really dreading how she would go with them. She was asleep at first too but we put her on the table and the Dr checked her hips and she woke up (not grumpy) and then the Dr gave her the oral stuff which she LOVED! Then both the nurse and the Dr jabbed her in a thigh each and then the Dr jabbed her again. She cried a little but about 2 mins later she was happily sucking on her dummy! Gotta love Panadol I guess!

becky Guest

Oh Nic - Poor thing. I hate seeing my kiddies sick. Breaks my heart. I hope he gets better soon.

YAY!!!! Chels slept from 10pm yesterday until 9am this morning!!!!! 11 hours!!!! Surely that is unnatural????? But she is fine today, her normal self, eating and sleeping fine. I thought she might have been sick or something but nope, she is fine. Just decided to give Mummy a sleep in!!! YAY.
    We have needles on Thursday. Not looking forward to it, although Liam was always fine with them. Fingers crossed....

LizzysMum Guest

Rebecca - how come she had 3 needles? Did you have something extra? We also had the oral thing - its for Rota virus, A hated it but only 'cos it was cold LOL.

She has finally stopped screaming prolly only Panadol kicking in - tonight will be fun - NOT!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast