Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #11

ggrrr....going to have a little vent....
    earlier tonight we were down at the local pub having dinner with DH extended family where it was so noisy and bright and little Hayley was a bit tired but no chance to sleep there, so we come home and I feed her about 30 mins earlier than normal so we can then try to settle her and all get some sleep - well DH - no wait tonight he is just H - takes her from me after the feed and not surprisingly she is a bit unsettled - he tries to settle her in his arms for a whole 10 mins before getting the s**ts and giving her to me saying hes going to bed shes being a ratbag - then goes to our room and closes the door.
    10 mins!
    It took me a while to settle her and I've put her down now, been in three times to put the dummy back in and pat her down - he is so impatient sometimes!!! I know he gets frustrated which she must pick up on but its hardly fair to me
    ggrrrrrrrr
    venting done
    for now anyways

LizzysMum Guest

Hugs Kate! Men are just useless sometimes.....

My DH spent all night on the computer, is playing golf before work tomorrow, going out tomorrow night and then playing golf in Sydney ALL day on Saturday. I keep wondering when I will get to do something fun for me.......but like most men I am sure he never gives my fun a second thought.

Hope the night is good for all mummies

Hi ya

Talk about a busy day. We were up at 5.45am and out all day only getting home close to 8pm. Poor L only slept in little blocks all day mostly in the car and in the baby bjorn. He was so good allowing me to do the grocery shopping. Cracked the ^&%*$ when I was having my eyebrows waxed tho. I was so embarrassed I couldn't get out of there fast enough. 5 mins later he was asleep! At least he will sleep soundly tonight. Put him down and didn't even need to go in and replace his dummy or settle him.

Amber - I know it was days ago when you asked, the lullabies were downloaded by DH. It isn't quite on the level IYKWIM. I could give you a CD when we next meet up if you are interested. DH is a real computer geek and knows all the tricks so I couldn't even begin to tell you how to find them.

Weighed L today, a whopping 4.17kg (up 200gr on last week). I know, still small but he is growing and I feel it is all worth it. Still in 0000 and newborn nappies tho when we finish these nappies will go up to 4 - 9kg size. Do Huggies make them in that size?

DH is off to a Bucks Night on the weekend. Actually on the Gold Coast and will be staying overnight down there. Now that L sleeps really well, don't feel so worried about it.

Parents arrive tomorrow for 5 days. So excited to see them and for them to see L. Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Anyway, better get to bed and get some sleep before L wakes.

More tomorrow.

becky Guest

Thats great Saffi that Lachlan is so good now! Im sure your parents are going to absaloutely love him!!!
    To look at, CHels looks like she is getting so big now too, but she is still in 0000 as well. I think when I have finished this box of newborn nappies though, I too will put her uo to the next size (OMG.... Is that crawler????????????????)

So for all of those with the "Jelly Belly", how do you plan on working it off? And is that even possible??

good morning all

body whinge - I'm also almost back at prepregnancy weight, but am in bigger size clothes! Dont get it at all! My tummy is horrible, all jelly like and full of horrid stretch marks... can't wait to get back to the gym, my doc told me to wait until 8 weeks, so after Christmas I'll be back there! Its probably going to kill me!

qhi - don't feel bad, we all have those moments! Hope Theo is better today

Kate - I know what you mean... when my DH is trying to settle her and can't, he just gives her back to me and says 'she wants boob', when that isn't always what she wants... I do kind of feel sorry for him though, cause sometimes when she is crying for him, he gives her back to me, I give her some milk and she is instantly quiet.

Becky - if your using Huggies, the next size up is Infant which is 4 - 8kgs from memory... we've just moved into those too, but I'm having horrible issues with leakage! Not sure whether to try another brand or not, I thought they were meant to be the best ones!

Have to go, Tahlia is stirring

ON to the weight issue - I have lost about 5 kg that I put on during pregnancy - 15 more to go! I can't go walking out here - I think it would be cruel to Caitlyn! The worst thing is the sagginess of everything! I'm not breast feeding but my boobs have gone up 2 cup sizes from before I was pregnant - when my milk came in I went up to an E and am back to a DD now (DH doesnt mind!) however they feel so saggy! and my tummy feels horrible! So do my thighs! I think my self esteem has taken a real battering with this.
    On to something a little different - has anyone heard of or even use the Dunstan baby language system? I would be intersted to hear what others think of it - whether it works for them or not.
    Saffi - Huggies make an infant nappy. Dont know what weight they go up to but I am pretty sure they start at 4.5 or 5 kg. We are in the "big girl nappies" now.

Rebecca - I actually bought the dvd on ebay, I only watched it a few days ago, so I'm still trying to pick up on the sounds she makes, but I can definitely tell what her hungry cry is now... pm me if you like, and I can email you a summary of it

next size huggies is "infant" 4-8kg they have boys &girls but u cant buy the big boxes of them (well ive never seen them ) its like a 42 or 50pk i think.

Nickers - Yeah I know how frustrating is it that you can buy every other hugies nappy in a box but can only buy a pack of 42 or seomthing of the infant ones?! Its like they are only going to be in them a little while - from the look sof things - CAitlyn will be in them a while - she was only 5.25 kg at last weigh!

i think the next size after infant, which is crawler, starts at 6kg, and you can buy them in the bulk boxes

Hi everyone

Totally amazing night. After Max had changed his routine a bit night before last by cutting out his 10pm feed, thought I'd try something different last night. Instead of bath before a 10pm feed, we gave him one before 7pm feed. He was in bed by 8pm and slept till 7AM!!!! Had the biggest feed ever, and was very happy, then slept for another 1.5 hours! At the moment he is hiccupping in his rocker chair just next to me!

He weighs 5.8kg so am guessing that he is getting enough food. He gained 800g in 3 weeks! and his weight (according to the book!) is above the norm.

Max is in Huggies Infant which is 4kg - 8kg. They fit him just nicely! I have had recommendations by friends (for those of you having trouble with leakage) that the Woolies Select brand nappies are good, and a lot cheaper too. I haven't tried them though.

RebeccaI watched the Dunstan DVD and thought it was pretty beneficial at first, but now that I know Max a lot more it has tended to go out the window a bit. The concept is good as long as you can hear the different sounds in their cries.

Anyway, better go, going to get my very last Xmas presents today. Going to take Max in Bjorn. I've had way to many bad pram experiences for my liking!!

I thought I'd seen Huggies in 4 - 8kg but could find them in a box. Maybe they figure that after a short while bubs will be ready to go up to the next size so not worth buying a box. Dunno...

Rebecca/Kellie - I've seen Dunstan baby language. TBH I found it a bit gimmicky and not convinced that her findings aren't cooincidental. That is, bubs made this noise and checked the nappy and what do you know, it needs changing. But if it makes you more attuned to all the various verbal and non verbal signals that bubs sends then it is a good thing. I just wouldn't rely on it solely.

Was told of a way to do tummy time that works for me. Put bubs on a bed on tummy and kneel down beside the bed facing bubs. L usually screams when I put him on the floor so when I did this he seemed to like it. Anyway, if it means that I will do it more often that is a good thing.

Anyway, L's nappy needs changing. Pooee.

Have a good day all.

Saffi that would be really nice if you could burn the songs for me! I will give you some money though for the cd! Good idea on tummy time, we do it on the bed too sometimes!

RE nappies I found the woolies select nappies quite good. We have never had any leakage problems here? We are using Bamboo nature ones at the moment, but occaisionaly put him in the woolies ones! They have cute litlle forgs on them which is nice cause I dont really like winnie the pooh!

Not much happening here Myles is back into his sleeping routine which is nice! Just getting ready for christmas we cant wait!

x

Wow - not a lot happening in here today!
    Caitlyn is down for a nap finally. I have been reading things and they say that the average 10 week old should have approx 10-16 hours a day! She has nowhere near that! But she seems fine - just needs a lot of attention from me.
    Anyone elses bubs not sleep for that long?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678