Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #13

I have Jordan and Jackson.. The name Jordan came from a girl I used to work with - she mentioned it one day and from that day on Jordan was going to be Jordan whether a boy or a girl (spelt Jordyn if a girl)... Jackson was a last minute name we picked out, the second bub is harder to name because it has to go with bub number 1 - do you agree? We kind of like the idea of the 2 J's as well. I saw a baby photo of me today and Jackson is a spitting image of me OMG, I thought he looked like his dad - how wrong am I!!! LOL

We have a Pizza Capers in Ipswich and YUMMO. I have eaten there a few times and you can't go past their delicious pizzas.

Hope you all had a great day today catching up, it sounds like so much fun and there are quite a few brizzy girls so I look forward to the next one. xxoo

Hi all, sorry beenr eal busy lots to catch up on.

Claire- i was planning to go on monday but a big spanner was thrown in the works today. Lori (tupperware Mgr) has a family emergency in England and booked a flight today leaves tomorrow! she just handed me all her parties in the next few weeks (10 of them) so i have to see how many i can do and what others can i really dont think i can make it. i wanted to see you again b4 u left, but if i cannot have a very safe trip, take lots of pics and if u get a chance to go online update us when you can!

Tyron looks like me as a baby, as did Nixon. but as a boy Nixon looks alot like DH so i assume Ty will too.
    Our names we chose to keep the initals the same as dh & i.
    so Nixon got my initals NMP and Tyron got Trents TJP.
    Nixon = Nics Son and also has the same name meaning as nicole (victory of the people) His middle name is my fathers Milton (was also my way of having something from my side of the fam seeings as i loose my last name!)
    Tyron i found the name while searching T names, the more common name is Tyrone but we preffered tyron (pronounced Ty- RON) James is dh middle name + my dads middle name + dh grandfathers name.

anyway i must go to bed i am nakkered. good night all

ohh one last update tyron rolled from back to tummy yesterday!! looks so cute he gets his arm stuck sometimes though!

Hello hello!

Just checking in. I'm soooo tired so it is a quick one. Personals tomorrow I promise!

KIM - I just saw somewhere else that you lived in Camden before moving to Campbelltown. I was born in Camden and lived in Campbelltown all my life until I met (my now) hubby and moved to Forster 4yrs ago! So there you go!

I took Tiera for her first swim today. She just loves floating in the water. When we got home she was poot! Slept well this afternoon.

Have a great night everyone!

becky Guest

Hey all!!

Thanks for today gurls, was great!! Must do it again soon........! Real soon!!Still cant believe all the spunky boys around! And weren't they all well behaved today? Amber, didnt realise you lived so close. We should catch up at Browns Plains for a coffee sometime! You can meet my ratbag boy! LOL

MiniMax - Yeah we started off with a list of names we both liked. Then when we found out we were having a girl, pretty soon after we decided on Chelsea Monique Amber, although we did have a back up just in case she really didnt look like a Chelsea. LOL

Amelia - Twas me who got the tattoo. I'll post some pics soon I promise. What do you plan to get and where? I tell you , it is addictive.... Im already starting to plan my next one .........

Bec - Are you thinking about another bub soon? Thats exciting! It would be nice if the male could do the hard work ths time though hey?

Amelia Guest

Becky - I am planning to get a baby buddha with a blue blanket around him!! That is what the surgeon's called him when he was born and that name has stuck with him cause he is a chubba bubba!! I will be getting it about the size of my hand and tossing up whether to get it on the left side of my lower back/butt right on the pant line or on my front same place!! Not sure as yet!!

Off pram shopping today cause the manufactures relised that the pram was r00ted and was manufacture's fault and not mine!! I think we will be getting a Phil & Ted!! Well that is what I have planned in mind but open for anything else.

Have a good day ladies!!

PS: Rhys is almost rollingfrom back to front but his arm gets in the way and gets stuck on his side!! xxoo

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

MiniMax - Amara was 3.6kg and 52cm when born. They are 3 months today!!!!!

Amara is from the Spanish Amarinta, meaning unfading, so she is our unfading Rose

Amara is dribble centrala nd maximum fist sucking. I have started using bibs, since I make them I have billions and I have made her some really cute and funky ones.

Have a good weekend,

3 Months Old Today!!! Yay!

(even though my ticker doesn't say so...stupid thing - OK changed it now!!!)
    Last edited by YoYo; January 12th, 2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: to bag out ticker and get a new one

LizzysMum Guest

Question for you all.

For those who have bub in a cradle or like in their room, when are you tinking of putting bub iin their own room? AMara is hitting the sides when she escapes her wrap but has plenty of length left in the cradle. But when we were away recently she seemed to sleep better in the port a cot, maybe she likes more room???? SIDS says 6 months is best in your room, but don't know if we will make that? I am guessing sleeping in a port a cot all the time is not good?

Leah - I've had Max in his own room since day dot (it's right next to my room so can hear everything..even poo explosions) so don't really know when the best time to move them is, but my opinion is that I would move them earlier rather than later as they become more aware the older they get and it could be more trouble moving them as time goes on. She might think 'what the hell is mum thinking putting me in this room on my own' if she knows too much iykwim.

Here is another question for you all.... How 'to the book' are you? I listen to what the organisations say but I only do something if it works for me. SIDS for example, I personally find that Max sleeps better on his tummy, and he only sleeps on his back at night. I also had a friend tell me I shouldn't spray fly spray in the house, or take a baby to swimming lessons coz they could get athsma, and NOT to eat peanut butter coz it could make them allergic.....hmmmm....I do all those things....does that make me a bad mother? What do you all think? How far do you go?
    Last edited by YoYo; January 12th, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

Leah- We have had Caitlyn in her own room since we got back out here when she was 3 or 4 weeks old. I can hear everything that goes on but the room is at the other end of our rather small house and we use a monitor. She seems to go alright by herself. I do bring her into bed with me after her 5 am wake up call though. When we have people staying at our place she will be sleeping in the portacot in our room.
    Julia - We are not by the book at all. Caitlyn sleeps on her tummy during the day (helps with her wind), I always spray flyspray in the house cause we seem to get LOTS of bugs here. The whole peanut butter thing....I hate peanut butter so I dont have a drama with that. However, I had a bounty bar the other day and had a tiny (really tiny) bit of choclate on my finger and i stuckit in her mouth.....she didnt like it! Some books that I have read lately have said to not give baby water but we do....although I read one the other day that said I should add sugar to the water.....I wont do that.
    In fact I have to say that we didnt even read that many books so have nothing to "go by" we have just tended to use common sense and a little bit of advice from family.
    Anyway am off to surf facebook a little! MWAH

Thanks for the lovely day out yesterday Brissie girls!
    Becky - i forgot to look at your tattoo - you'll have to make sure you show me next time!
    Amelia - I like the buddha idea - very cute!!!!
    Lizzy'sMum - Mateo moved from his bassinette at about 11/2 months old - he could still fit in his length wise but is a wriggly little fella and likes to move around. I personally think it is whatever you feel is right for your bub and you. Mateo slept in our bed most of the time for the first month and even now if he is really unsettled I just pop him in with us and he goes out like a light - and I find it makes no difference to how he settles in his own room as he loves his cot and happily sleeps in it. I think he just likes to be close sometimes! :-)
    MiniMax - I'm not much to the book at all but I do listen to statistics and advice and then weigh up the choices with what I think is right. Mateo has always been a belly sleeper - never once settled on his back from day one. The fly spray thing I wouldn't do, but the pool thing I definitely would! I think the chances of your baby drowning cause they don't know how to swim are way higher than the chance of getting astahma.

Actually wanted to start swimming lessons with Mateo next week - has anyone else started their bubs? Pish was the pool heated you went to? Cause I've tried putting Mateo in our pool and he cries cause it's too cold!!

becky Guest

Leah - I agree with Julia. Chels has been in her own room since 1 week, as was Liam and they were really easy to get used ot it. I think the longer you leave it the harder it is.

Julia - Im not really to the book at all. I think cause this is baby #2, I am waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more relaxed and just do what is reight for me. Of course I take advice and read books etc, but I basically follow my instincts.

Leah we moved Jasmine to her own room when she was about 7 weeks old. Settled in really well. Chelsea on the other hand was in her room from day dot and i wish i had done the same for Jasmine.

As for being by the book....sooooo not me. I do wat i want...its done Chels no harm to can only hope Jas will be the same. However on the sleeping issue...ALWAYS on the back here....ive had 2 friends loose their babies due to SIDS and ther sleeping position was deemed the cause. Its when they beging rolling i worry about that. Food wise im a little hesitant with wat i give. I give water to Jas. She also goes in the pool. Get them used to water from an early age. Both girls watch tv.

Only one thing i stand by is no smokers are allowed in my house (to smoke) if they wanna smoke its a walk up the road right away from my house

heya girls.
    lachlan went into his room on the first night home. has been great since

L has been sleeping in his room since around 4 weeks. Tho we have an Angelcare monitor we don't use it cause he is right across the hall from us and I hear every little snuffle and moan. Not sure when we will move him into his cot and not wrap him. He still has heaps of room in the bassinet.

Only thing I really follow is the sterilising bottles etc and the SIDS sleep recommendations. Noticed L is starting to sleep more on his side. Can't really help that if he moves to that position in his sleep but don't intentionally place him on side.

Didn't tell you all about my scary incident the other day. Was at home alone with L and the dogs and went to check the mailbox carrying L in my arms. As I went out the front door which I need to have closed but not latched so the dogs don't escape, it latched behind me. We were locked out! The back door was open but to get to it needed to go through a gate which was locked or through the downstairs area, also locked. In the end I had to climb up on a wheelie bin and scale the fence. In the meantime L was lying on a bed of junk mail on the ground. Needless to say we have had spare keys cut and hidden now just in case it happens again. I recall Nickers was locked out when she was really pg. Just glad it didn't happen to me then as I would have had no way of scaling anything.

Was up much of the night with L as we are trying a new routine to get him to sleep thru. He woke me up at 12.45am, 3.45am, and 5.45am. Hope he settles soon as so tired today.

Any ideas for next Brissy meet up?

becky Guest

Nerida - I hope L settles down for ya soo, in his new routine. God, what a scary incident!!!! At least it wont happen again!! Im happy for anytime with the meet up. Was thinking, is everyone happy with how we do it (you know just pick a random time that suits everyone) or did ya maybe wanna make it a set date. You know, the first wednesday of every month or something? That way we always know when they are and can try to get there. Whatever though, Just a suggestion, Im easy.

Terri - I'll be sure to show you my tattoo next time! LOL. Your baby-sitting kiddies were so well behaved by the way! Gorgeous!

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks guys I love having her in with us so I think it will probably be later rather than sooner. My experience with Eliza was that when a change was going to happen I made more of it that it actually was. As far as settling at night, when Eliza was old enough it only took about 3 nights for her to get that we were going to come in and settle her but not going to pick her up and then it was all good.

Amara pretty much always self settles now, I hold her and make sure she is calm and happy then put her down and say night night and that si pretty much it - hope it keeps going like that. I am also putting her down in the rumpus room sometimes as it is downstairs and much cooler - unfortunately our room is the hottest .

Hmmmm by the book - I seem to be a bit like Kim, pick and choose and follow my instincts a bit. We ALWAYS sleep our babies on their backs, when they start rolling I use one of those sausage things. I also had a friend lose a baby to SIDS due to sleeping on the tummy and I am a bit freaky about it. Also no smoking or animals in the house. I am not a TV fan and turn it off whenever I can. Eliza is allowed to watch it I just don't want it to be the centre of the house YK? I eat peanut butter & peanuts (my midwife said it is fine if we have no allergy history) and have a Coke every now and then. We do use a dummy but it is strictly for sleeptime only never to keep the baby quiet at other times. With Eliza I was also fairly to the MCHN's guide of when to get rid of teats (bottles) which is 12 months. It wasn't really because the MCHN said to do it - I was concerned more about ear problems as I had chronic ear infections when a child. As soon as we could I got Eliza onto a cup/straw and tried not to associate the last milk drink with bed. In other words I never feed my kids to sleep. I prefer to use wrapping, dummy, singing etc as their sleep cues rather than a feed.

Night All,

Saffi- LOL yep that was me that locked myself out heavily pg and with Nixon inside the house! we have a key hidden now also. Glad you got in ok!

Tyron has been in his own room from day one, as was Nixon. In regards to the bassinett DH is out right now buying a bed for Nixon. we will set it up in his room and i will start trying to put him in it for day sleeps. when he gets the hang of that we will try night sleeps and once he has transitioned Ty will move into the cot. however i like that i can just wheel the basinett on a hot day like today for his sleep. But he is starting to hang his arm out the basinett etc also so another month or so he will be ready i'd say.

By the books- well i guess to an extent we all are with out own added ways! eg: i would not turn a car seat around before he had good head support and had reached the 8kg mark. I do sterillise but reading some things on aba forum about EBM rules i think my god i dont do half of that but he's fine with it. Smoking definatley no where near or around my children.

Happy 3months yesterday to Amara and Max! Ty will be 3 months tomorrow. My mum minded him for a few hrs yesterday and when i came back she said she had him laughing..... huh? he hasnt laughed for me yet! I was a bit upset he did it for them first so when i got home i made him laugh hehe!!

Ty sometimes still gets his arm stuck rolling from back to belly, he's only been doing it for 3-4days.
    Booked the christenning for 10th Feb, combined with my (will be) 8month old nephew.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast