Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #16

Trish - she starts tomorrow. Tomorrow is a short day, only from 9am till 1pm on Thursdays, then she goes on Fridays from 9am to 3pm.

The other thing that's stressing me out is that the drop off and pick up times will be right in the middle of L's sleeps - GREAT! As if we don't have enough to contend with. I will see how we go for a few weeks but if it's causing too much disruption for L, we will drop to one day for 6 months and pick up another day later on when he is older and more adaptable. Me being the stress head I am, it's not worth it.

Saffi - enjoy getting your hair done. I've had mine done twice since bub arrived, just don't have much time anymore!

We had a good night sleep wise. Last feed at 8pm...Jas never woke til 630am...but i was to tired to get uo and she went back to sleep until 730. Feed both girls at 8...both back to bed at 930...ME back to bed then too. i only woke up at 1230....Chelsea still sleeping and ive just heard Jasmine start talking in bed now!!!

They must have been tired

Willow i have the same problem with pick ups during a sleep. Jasmine normally has a feed around 330pm then a nap around 4...but i have to get Chels from FDC at 430, so leave here at 415. On those days I delay the feed til 4 and she sleeps in the car on the way to get Chels...and then i get Craig from work....so she gets a good 90 min round trip nap!

I've spent way too much money today, Ordered some things off Kim & Trish.
    Thanks again Trish really appreciate it hope it's not too much to bring with you
    Also brought Maddi some toys since she's really getting into them lately, Even brought her a little pair of Sunglasses, she looks so cool with them lol, will have to take a pic & post it.

Questions for the mums with older kids.
    What kinda highchair do you recommend, would like to lay-by/buy one soon so would love some opinions.

We have a Steelcraft Monet hi/low chair. Got it from Big W and love it!

You can spending money Mo..thats fine by me!!

Since my last post..Chelsea is awake now too! 3.5 hours of sleep for both girls is great! WooHoo!

Kieran just had a 3 hour nap!!!! Wooohoooo!!! Hooray for the chiro is all I can say

Willow - Wow, that is a big day for your DD! Joel has two sessions a week, one is 2 hours, the other is 2.5 hours, I don't think he'd cope any longer because he has never really been away from me and gets a bit clingy. Good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

Kim - Wow your girls are such good sleepers!

Mo - It won't be a prob bringing the stuff, hopefully we can park near each other so I can just give it to you that way. I'll get back to you soon re: the total cost . Re: highchairs, I really liked using a hi/lo chair. It was easy to feed Joel at my height and when he got older we could push it up to the table without the tray so he could eat with us.

Trish - I know, I'm thinking of dropping back to one day already! Might see how she goes and then decide whether to keep her there for the shorter day or the longer one. Thing is, I think she's going to love it. She's never been away from home either, but I feel sorry for her only having me to play with day in, day out, especially when L takes up so much of my time at the moment.

Woo hoo on the 3 hour sleep! L hasn't done 3 hours for a while now, 2.5hr is as good as it gets around here.

Kim - it would be OK if it were a long enough trip in the car cause he would sleep, but it's only 5 mins there and 5 back. I'll just have to play it by ear and see how we go. I could get MIL to pick her up one day, that way it's one less disrupted sleep.
    Last edited by Willow; January 30th, 2008 at 01:00 PM.

I was thinking...is it within walking distance Willow?? Maybe L would be able to nap in the pram.
    If i could walk to FDC i would....but tad to far!

Trish the girls have always been good sleepers...but thats an extra looong sleep for Chelsea...now she has double the energy!!

I have thought of that Kim, it's a good walk for me, but might be a bit far for DD to walk home, especially in this heat. I don't have a toddler seat or anything on the pram for her.

Definitely on cooler days I could try.

Wow! Everyone's babies are such good sleepers! Mateo has now cut out a day time sleep and has one in the morning for about 1/2hr - 1hr and then one big one in the arvey, between 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hrs. His night time sleeps are going great guns lately! Yey for me! :-) Last night he went to bed at 9pm, woke at 5:30am for a feed, then straight back to sleep till 8am this morning.

Left M for the first time today in child care at the gym - he was fantastic! Had a little nap and then just watched all the kids play. So good to do some exercise.

Mo - know what you mean about spending too much money!! I just wanna buy him everything - and at the worste time when you're not working too. ;-)

xoxo

becky Guest

HEY Saff - Ive been trying to PM you but it said you have too many messages in your Inbox to allow anymore. Im gonna have to cancel tomorrow! (So sorry!), but Liam seems to be coming down with a cold, and I think it would be best if I keep him home tomorrow. Im sorry! Will do coffee ASAP!! If ya clear your inbox, I'll send ya my message anyway! I hope you have FANTASTIC birthday Friday!

Everyone else - Hugs, will be back later!

Happy Birthday Nerida for Friday - Hope Lachie is a gem and you are spoilt rotten as all Mummies should be!! :-)

OMG i just seen a Due Oct 2008 thread....that seems like only yesterday we were all joining the Oct 2007 buddies!!

Time has flown....we are all so lucky to have our Princes' and Princess's

Hi all,
    I have been meaning to ask - how are you all going with returning to your pre-pregnancy sizes? I have been trying to lose weight since Ethan was only 5 weeks old (doctors orders) and have gained a little. I am eating a balanced diet (only 1200 calories a day) and walking for an hour every day. I don't know what else to do. Feeling very down about it. Any suggestions would be great.

Becky - no problems. Best to keep the little ones at home than cart them around and them getting grumpy and sicker. Sorry about the inbox cleared now!
    Trish - yes, the big 34 on Friday
    Mo - we got an Activa high chair that converts into toddler table and chair. It was recommended on the Choice website. Love the idea of L being able to use something for years. Choice recently did a review of high chairs so worth checking out.
    Alz - I've got about 3kg to go to get back to my weight watchers goal. Having a bit of trouble shifting those last kilos. Haven't been trying to lose weight mind u. Shape tho is different, bust is bigger than it was and tummy flabbier (was flabby to start with).
    Kim - hard to believe it has been a year. Most of us wouldn't have known yet, but still. Unless someone makes an announcement soon, doubt any of us will have a new bub before 2009.

Hair looks great and nice to have the time to myself. L behaved himself for the sitter.

*wipes sleep from eyes* Morning all (imagine me saying that in a groggy voice),

Another shocker last night! This time both boys were the culprits. I swear they are out to get me!

9pm - Joel falls out of bed. I go in to fix him up, give him a cuddle, etc...He cries about 10 minutes later so I go in there and have a chat with him, read him another book. Good, he's back off to sleep. Go to bed after Kieran is fed.
    12:30am - I hear Joel crying (he NEVER does that usually), I go in there, he wants a drink - he has one next to his bed, I have no idea why he needs me to pass it to him.
    1:30am - Kieran wakes up. I try re-settling him for 45 minutes then think "I could have just fed him and been back in bed already", so I fed him. He goes back to sleep.
    3:30am - "help mummy, help mummy" - Joel's doona is on the floor and he needs me to put it back on.
    5:15am - Kieran hungry again. Feed him, but he won't settle until 6am.
    7:30am - Joel is up for the day. Blurghhh...

I think I'll be trying something new tonight. I think I'll wake Kieran at 9pm, give him a bath then feed him (normally that's his dream feed). Maybe he'll sleep longer? Who knows!

Saffi - Glad you're happy with your hair! I haven't had mine done since the week before Kieran was born. Don't think I will be getting it done anytime soon either!

alz - I still have 6kg to go, but if I lose another 4 I will be happy.

Kim - Wow a year has flown hasn't it?! I would have only JUST been pg this time last year. I remember when you joined the late Oct group!!

Becky - Was it you who lost 4kg recently? If so congratulations!!!

Star - You're a good girl going to the gym!

Willow - Good luck sending your DD to preschool today! I'll be thinking of you!

Happy 3 months to Kieran, Tahlia and (misskate's) Lachlan!!!

Saffi - glad to hear your happy with your new hairdo! I'm off to the hairdressers on Friday next week for the 1st time since Tahlia was born and I can't wait!

Kim - a due Oct 08 thread! Wow! This past year has flown! Been the best year of my life!

Trish - sorry to hear you had another shocker!

I fought to get Tahlia to sleep last night, ended up taking her for a drive, so she finally went down about 11, but didn't wake until 9! She is now playing happily on her play mat

Happy 3 months to Kieran, Tahlia and Lachlan!!! Woo Hoo!

Trish - Kieran is 3 months old today!!! Woohoo!!!
    Happy 3 months to Tahlia and Lachlan as well!! Must have been the day to be born hey?
    Alz- I havent lost any weight at all! Am very disappointed in myself but I just havent seemed to be able to find the time to do any exercise. Once it starts to cool down a bit I will pop C in her pram and take her to daycare . According to the Bureau of Met it is 28 degrees here and its only 9 o'clock! Just too hot to take the little one out for a while. I havent changed my diet at all although I must say in the last week or so I have had no appetite at all but I think thats just been the lead up to this DAMN COLD!!
    Caitlyn had another good sleep last night. She went down at 7 and slept till 230. Then back down at 315 and not up again until 645. Quite happy with that. I slept from 730 until then too!!! I do thank you for your suggestion of waking her around 10 or something for a feed Alz. I have thought about that and am trying to discuss it with DH - not that it affects him anyway cause he doesnt get up during the night. I was going to give it a go when he went away to TAFE but all his TAFE dates have changed and he isnt going away until March now....instead of Saturday!
    Anyway - this head cold is getting the better of me -have taken the day off today and still put C in daycare - they would charge me anyway so may as well take the time to get some sleep! and DRUGS! Something has to clear these sinuses!!!
    Hope you all have a fantastic day! MWAH

Oh Trish - you poor, poor thing!!! You've barely slept a wink - be prepared for today to be a rough one!

Nerida - You must feel so good to have hair done - I haven't done anything since M born and it desperately needs a bit of TLC.

Kim - it is amazing how time has flown isn't it? Mateo would have been a little ball of dividing cells this time last year!! Isn't life a marvel! :-)

Alz - I am 6kg heavier than I normally am but am not looking to lose too much weight as my body has completely changed shape now - used to be straight up and down with NO boobs - now have hips and boobs and am quite liking it! :-) Just want to get my fitness back and tone up. I don't know what else to recommend for you to do - walking for an hour every day is great, especially with a healthy diet. Are you active throughout the day as well? Not just sitting around? They say that incidental exercise (housework, walking to shops etc) helps in weight loss.

Another great night's sleep last night although it took us over an hour to get him to bed the little bugger! I don't know myself with all this sleep - wake up no longer looking like an old hag!! ;-)

Have a good day everyone! xo

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast