Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #16

Default Babies Born October 2007 #16

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie
    ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Previous thread here

Heya everyone,

What did everyone get upto today? Ryan has been such a good boy all day today went to the shops and caught up with some friends and did some shopping. Stayed awake for 3 hours quite happily he was all smiles and laughs even let me wait in line without a peep! Usually he's had enough by the time I get to the register and starts crying lol

Rolling-Ryan doesn't get a chance to move around or he would, he has a My Little Bed that holds him in place or he ends up in all sorts of weird and wonderful positions! Cost $70 from a baby store still fits nicely :-)

Rebecca77- glad I reminded you! I only organised mine so early so I could get all his appointments on the one day so I only have to take one day off work to do it all. I hate the needles I'll have to have some yumyums at the ready for straight afterwards as soon as he got a bottle he was fine like it never happened! He has some awsome thunder thighs happening I'm hoping they soften the impact hehe

Becky- I was more upset taking Ryan than he was missing me, he was a bit whingey for two days and now I hand him over and he's full of smiles and laughs and tries to talk to all the kids and they try and show him how to play with all the toys. He has an absolute blast he is such a socialite he loves being around people! Even when work finishes end of Feb/start of March I'm still going to keep him in one day a week so he can keep up with other kids. None of my friends here are having bubbies any time soon so it keeps him in contact with other kids... and although that also means other germs I'm hoping it means he has a good immune system built up by the time he goes to school otherwise he'll catch everything in sight!

Anyways lil monkey has just woken up and is starting to whinge. He goes to sleep so well except for last thing at night can take upto two hours before he'll settle but hey if he's just got cranky pants on two hours out of 24 I'm happy!!

Becky- I know what you mean about taking yourlittle one to daycare. I went back to work about 2 weeks ago and had to put Caitlyn in daycare. I dont have any options out here - there is only one centre. I felt sooo guilty (and I still do) but I try to remember that no one I know out here has kids her age and so it will help her with social skills. She can also mimic other babies and learn from them and they can learn from her. Oh and the lonliness------you have no idea - its why I am on here so often. Gives me a chance to talk to and listen to other ladies who are going through the same thing taht I am. If I can help I am glad and I receive more help/advice/support than I give I think!
    Saffi-Yes my birthday on tuesday - I am going to be 21 again! I wish! Nah I will be 31. It will also be one year since Caitlyn was conceived! She was my 30th birthday present from DH!!! He he he
    Oh dinner has arrived - will check back in later!
    MWAH

Very random question for everyone out there, has anyone thought of changing their names? Not bubbies, but your name. A lady came into work and had changed her name and needed to update share registry details and another guy who had a share tried to get his member discount but had changed his name from a very boring sounding name to a very exotic and hard to pronounce name lol. Has it ever crossed your minds?

ETA-Does anyone else feel like a faerie goodmother floated in and bopped bubs on the head and suddenly they're a hundred times more aware, alert and attentive? Just seems like over night the amount of talking, smiles, squeals and the "reach and miss" has kicked in. He used to just look at the dangly toys but now he grabs at them and I put a rattle in his hand and he realised when he shook it.. it made a noise.. my god thats AMAZING! lmao aww today's been so much fun
    Last edited by LadyRaven; January 26th, 2008 at 06:57 PM.

Sounds like Ryan is a trooper Celtic...you should be very proud of your great mothering

As should all of you....all your kids are growing up nicely.. *claps loudly*.

LizzysMum Guest

Hi everyone,

Sounds like a pretty good day was had by all

I tested out the Phil and Teds pram for the first time - I am in love!!! I didn't find it any harder pushing both than one, great manouverability and fits out checkouts and down aisles. I am sold! Amara even had a little sleep on the way home.

I had her weighed today, 6.36kg. She has put on 360 grams in 2 weeks, so not too bad.

Amara has not started batting toys yet she is completely obsessed with hands in mouth. Constantly! Sticks one almost all the way in, drool city here LOL!

Eliza is improving a bit too which helps. I am going to see my midwife on Tuesday - she is lending me a book called "The Active Alert Child" supposed to be good for kids like Eliza. Meaning extremely verbal and curious and just wants to know and do everything right NOW! I am sure her frustration comes from the body not being quite up to speed with the brain. Love how my midwife is still involved with us, she is so lovely

Night all,

becky Guest

Awww, thanks Kim! You too!

Lauren - Ummm, nup sorry, never thought of changing my name here. Think it would just be too hard to get used to. It was hard enough when I got married and change surnames!

Rebecca - Yeah know what ya mean, I feel guilty already and I havent even done it yet. LOL. I know Im being pathetic, he is 2 and its only 1 day a week, Im just gonna miss my little baby! But it is great for their social skills!

Leah - Thats great that you love ya pram. Dont even think I know what a Phil and Ted is. LOL

phil and teds are great arent they? my sister has one for her 2 boys which are 13kg and 14kg, its as easy to push as my pram with one little baby in it, only problem is if you need to lift the back to manouvre, lol, then you feel the weight!

Can't say I've heard of them either but if you're in love then woohoo! Nothing better than finding something that fits your needs perfectly! I love my pram except for when I turn the handles over so Ryan is facing me if he gets a bit whingey it doesn't steer as good as when he is facing away which is what it seems it's mostly been designed for! Does it make it through the mini isles? I've noticed some stores have decided to slash an extra 10-15cm off isle width so they could shove in an extra unused register or something, coles normal isles here are terrible for prams

Anyways think I've finally made myself tired enough for sleep so goodnight all, DP and I have planned to take Ryan to feed duckies tomorrow or monday, hopefully tomorrow, will try and take the vid camera and start getting some vids up for ppl

Saffi - Hibiscus Gardens Sports Complex at Mt Gravatt do swimming lessons from 3m onwards, but I'm sure a lot of other places closer to you would do some too. I would ask what program they do - the one where they use nursery rhymes as musical cues is excellent - they teach safe water practises as well as how to swim and don't push little ones under the water too early like some do. If L loves his bath time he would love swimming lessons I'm sure!

Leah - what a fantastic midwife, that's wonderful she stays so involved!

xo

Morning everyone, hope you all had a great Australia Day!

Ours was OK, had dinner with family last night which was nice. It was sooo hot though, mum doesn't have air conditioning at her house!

Willow - Glad your DS had such a great sleep day yesterday! Kieran did well too until we went to my mum's. How cute your little man is chatting during a feed! K is moving around heaps in his cot and I find him facing sideways with his legs sticking out of the bars ALL the time!

Celtic - It is so fun when they start being more interactive isn't it! Kieran loves to grab toys and put them in his mouth ATM. He has been batting toys from about 5 weeks old and grabbing them at around 10 weeks. Joel was exactly the same, must be genetics!

Becky - Best of luck putting Liam in daycare! Joel starts 3yo kinder this Friday and I am soooo nervous! I know it will be so good for him though and I look forward to a bit of a break.

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a great day!

We had a nice day, Maddi & Jas both behaved them selves.
    It thunder & rain for 10mins & it was still hot, they have a portable air con so it was nice & cool in the house.

Hi everyone

We had a nice Australia Day here....Took Max in the pool. It was a bit cold for him at first but he got used to it. He doens't have much expression when he's in there though....probably because it's not me holding onto him....I'm the only on that makes him laugh ATM!!

A friend of mine's wife had their baby yesterday. What a cool birthday...you get fireworks every year!!

Mo - is there a nappy land near you? They have the same huggies nappies for I think $51.95 a box, which is also not too bad. The smaller boxes are also on sale at Safeway this week for $30

Trish - hope your feeling better soon! Those doctors are painful when they try to rush you in and out... probably best to ask the chiro like you said!

Willow - were any of your photos published? Don't you love those good sleeping days? Tahlia had a 3 hour nap yesterday morning, and I didn't know what to do with myself! In regards to your feeding issue where he just wants to chat, a friend of mine was having a similar problem with her bub except he would keep unattaching for no reason, and the nurse advised that when he started doing it, to put him on the ground.. eventually they get the picture that they need to feed properly and now she doesn't have any problems

Becky - I'm sure Liam will be fine... it will do him good playing with other kids, but I can imagine it would be hard for you!

Saffi - glad you had a nice time getting pampered! It sounds very tempting! Way to go on L's weight gain!

Celtic - I know what you mean about the fairy god mother... just in the last few days Tahlia has been really grabbing her toys, and she hits the toys now on her play mat too. She was concentrating so hard on a toy before, that she had her tongue stuck out the side of her mouth like I do when I'm concentrating! Very cute!

Leah - Tahlia is also obsessed with putting her hands in her mouth, sometimes she shoves her fingers in so far that she gags! I can't stop her from doing it though.. she spits a dummy straight out!

Trish - I bet Joes has an absolute ball at kinder! He is such a cutie! Wasn't that weather horrible yesterday!

We just watched back the videos we have taken off Tahlia since she was born! I can't believe how much she has grown! She was so tiny! And her cry has changed so much too!

personal question time...

how are things between you and your DH/DP?

i feel like i'm slipping down a dark hole where the 'baby nurses' go - and that the 'me' that was, isn't, anymore. it sucks.

DTD couldn't be less appealing and is not likely to happen round here any time soon.

i can't complain about how much dh does round the house and for the boy but i've still got the ****s up with him... can't say why exactly.

perhaps it's that james will absorb every last molecule of love and attention that i have in me and then there's nothing left for me, DH or anyone else. eep.

Well we had a pretty uneventful day yesterday. Not a lot to do out here in regards to Australia Day - well nothing really family friendly anyway. If you want to go to the pub and get pi$$ed then you have 5 options! DH didnt get home till around 2 so we just spent some time with Caitlyn - talking to her.
    Leah- Caitlyn is the same - fist in mouth all the time! She spits her dummy when she sees her hand so that she can put it in her mouth. Drool everywhere - we have taken to automaticalyl putting a bub on her every morning now.
    Celtic- My pram is EXACTLY the same. DH says its because the wheels that do the steering are independent of one another and then the ones at the back are joined. But when you flip the handle over the ones that are joined are supposed to become the "steering wheels" but because they dont work independantly of one another it becomes a PITA. Or something like that! Am SOOOO not mechanically minded. I just nod and smile when he tells me stuff like that.
    Caitlyn doesnt grab for toys - she sees them and her little eyes go all buggy but then she sticks her fist in her mouth and forgets about them! ha ha ha
    Anyway DH has run off to get us something for brunch - he got up at 5 and has had Caitlyn since then so I could get a sleep in. We had LOTS of lightening (bit about 5 drops of rain) last night and little miss C was hard to get back down to sleep after her feed cause of the light show entertaining her when normally it is pitch black. Took me an hour to get her back to sleep and then one hour later she was awake again - unwrapped. I just CANT keep her wrapped anymore!! But she can't sleep unwrapped!! Dilema! Even the velcro wrap - which I admit she is probably a bit big for now- wont keep her little chubby arms in! Looks lioke I will just be re-wrapping her a lot at night!
    Have a fantastic Sunday everyone! Am talking to the priest next week about getting C christened.
    Mo- Fantastic shot of MJ's bot bot!
    Becky- I out Caitlyn into daycare one day before I had to go back to work. So on that day...I planned to do HEAPS! I got my eyebrows done, my hair cut, I did a BIG grocery shop, had lunch with DH, visited work to see what I needed to do before coming back to work, basically I tried to keep myself occupied so that I didnt think about it too much. It was hard but once I realised how much easier doing the grocery shopping was for example....I didnt feel as bad.
    Viv - I know what you mean. DTD has become the VERY last thing on my mind. Is it maybe lack of sleep that is making you pi$$ed with DP? I found that when I was barely sleeping I would snap at DH every 5 minutes. "They" do say that when a new baby comes into the house one of the parents will always feel "left out" or that there isnt enough love in the house to go around....same as when you introduce a second child into the family how the first child feels. Does DH understand what you are going through? I found that I needed to sit DH down and spell out how I was feeling and now things between us are much better - althoug DTD is still a bit of a rare occasion!
    Last edited by Rebecca77; January 27th, 2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Wow 2 more posts while I was posting

Oh its me AGAIN! I remember someone said that they were using the sweet dreams formula but I cant remember who it was - sorry. I was just wondering if you were using it for every feed? Or just the bed time feed/s? Is it a thicker formula? Just curious!

Thanks Kellie, there is one 10 mins down the road will go there next week and a grab a box

Rebecca-Thanks She always sleep with her booty in the air during the day, looks so cute.

Viv-i was always snapping at Phil for something,then we had a long talk & we seem to be better now, he'll wash & sterilize her bottles, Changes her nappies & he baths/showers her everyday.
    That made me happier & feels like he's doing things for her now.

Rebecca-it's me using the formula we use it for every feed, when you prepare it it's not thicker, but must go thicker in the tummy.
    Took Maddi abut 2 weeks to adjust to it, because it was thicker she was constipated for awhile, but she's fine now
    Last edited by Khaleesi; January 27th, 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Answering Rebecca

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast