Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #16

Viv - I use the Mamia 4-9kg on Kieran (he's only around 6.5kg though) and I find them brilliant. I won't use any other nappy overnight. K never fit into Huggies newborn either, I just gave an entire box to a friend who is due in March!

Willow
    - Woohoo on getting into the sleep school early! I'm sure you are doing everything right ATM, but like you said, the support will be great. Even if they only tell you that you are doing a great job already!

Peta - I hope Kaylee's teething settles down for you soon. I found when my eldest was teething he'd have 2-3 off days, then the tooth would break the surface and he'd be his happy self again.

Julia - Yay for Max's poo LOL! Hope he left his cranky pants behind with it!!

Kellie - Good luck with the sleep school, have you called them yet? IKWYM about letting them cry. I only leave Kieran if it is just a little grizzle, I can't leave him crying hysterically.

Mo - How cute with the Tickle Me Elmo!

Well I took Joel to the intro Kinder day and he LOVED it!! It was sooo funny, I said, "We'd better get you changed, we've gotta go to kinder now", and he sprinted down the hall to his room and when I got there he had completely stripped off and was pulling clean clothes out of his drawers LOL! I am hoping his first day on his own on Tuesday will go well now that he is a bit more confident with it all. I'm actually looking forward to it a bit more!

Trish that's great Joel loved he's first day, hope next Tuesday goes a-well.

Willow-Good luck with sleep school, Thought about going to one for Maddi but after going to a new parents group i figured out what i was doing wrong & now Maddi goes down without a fight.
    Now she seems to wake up once during the night instead of sleeping through, I think it's because she sleeps too much during the day sometimes.

Thanks girls, like I said, I do think we're doing everything right but I just feel like I need a bit of reassurance and maybe a few tips. He goes to sleep just fine, it's mainly the night waking (which only started last week) and the resettling after one sleep cycle that we need to work on.

Trish - so glad Joel liked Kinder! Certainly makes it much easier - DD didn't want to come home with me this afternoon LOL! At least she's enjoying it.

I only leave Kieran if it is just a little grizzle, I can't leave him crying hysterically.
    Kellie - same here. I've never left L to cry while teaching him to settle. Grizzling yes, but not crying. If he cries, I pick him up and give him a cuddle. You don't need to leave them to cry to teach them how to self settle and it makes it so much easier on mum!

Woo Hoo - My little man is 3 months today!!
    Last edited by Willow; February 1st, 2008 at 02:24 PM.

Willow that sounds so like Chelsea...i drop her off at care and she waves and shuts the door in my face....got o pick her up and doesnt want to come home...have to drag her out!

Woohoo Joel liking Kindy....probably cos he is playing with kids his own age!

Afternoon everyone - seems today is a happier day for everyone! Happy birthday Nerida! Hope you are having a FANTASTIC day!
    I picked C up from daycare yesterday and they told me that she had a really bad day. Pulling her legs up and crying and crying so much she was sweating! But.....I gave her a cuddle and she gave me a grin! Hmmmm then when we got home I emptied her bag....still had 2 full bottles! I give them 4 and she was there for a bit longer yesterday - 9 hours! anyway - we went through our usual routine...play till 530 then bath, feed, bed. No dramas - lots of smiles and talking no leg pulling-up or screaming. She went to sleep at about 615 and then when I woke this morning thinking it was around 2 (her usual wake up time) I was VERY surprised to see it was 455!!! So of course I went into a mad panic and dashed into her room to see if she was alright. Of course she was....just lying there - awake but ok. Just enough light in her room for her to look at the ceiling. Of course me going in there woke her up! But that was ok cause I had caught up on all my missed sleep! I did however have some guilty thoughts that I might have slept through her crying but she seemed ok and I think DH would have woken up had she been crying! Well, at least I hope he would have!
    anyway - i had better head off and do some washing (yay) and cleaning (double yay). Am going to work this afternoon to have a drink with the ladies there - have to take little miss C with me but I am sure she will behave herself :cross fingers:

How frustrating Rebecca....why didnt they give C all her feeds??
    I get that now with Chelsea's carer 'She didnt want all her lunch and food today'. Get home and she is starving...and thirsty. So ive made a point of 'Chelsea MUST eat all her food packed'. Sometimes works...but not always!
    Im sure C will be an angel while u have some drinkies...enjoy it!

Kim I spoke to them this morning about the feeds.....she wouldnt take them supposedly. She took the full bottle when I gave it to her though. She does pull off a bit lately but I think it is the heat that bothers her more than anything and it has been HOT lately. I have been bathing her in quite cool water to try and compensate a little. Am SERIOUSLY considering getting a little paddling pool - jsut have to figure out a way to keep the dogs out of it!
    I realyl do wish that I did have a choice of daycare out here but am stuck with the only centre. My friend who is due in July said that she checked some out back in townsville for her little one and they are cheaper! there is one that actualyl supplies the nappies and food and has the BEST security around - parents have to have a PIN to access the rooms! God - every morning I drop C off there is no one at the desk....and I drop her in an hour after opening time! \
    Anyway - we will see how she is when I go to get her this afternoon!

i read about kids who won't eat properly at DC. they save themselves for mum to do it at the end of the day. maybe chels is on a hunger strike waiting for you?

Sorry i have a lot of reading to catch up on, i will post my info first then try and have some reading time while the boys are finally asleep!

Last night 31st Jan was the night Tyron was conceived!

I had Tyron weighed today.
    My big porka was
    weight 7.5kg
    Length: 65cm
    HC: 42.5cm

I know i cant compare Nixon cause he was prem but at the same age Nixon was 4.6kg, 59cm and 38.5cm hc
    Tyron is 3kg heavier and 6cm longer lol!

One feed a few nights ago he only had half of, since then his routine has been out of whack. instead of waking at 6-6.30am he woke at 5am. Therefore his last feed last night was earlier 7.15pm.
    So then he woke at 4.15am thismorning! hoping we can get him back into his normal routine of last feed about 9pm and slept till 6am.

DH has gone away again for a week so see how i cope!
    went to Playgroup for the first time thismorning, Nixon had fun and did some painting.
    Ive been on the phone all arvo because of my stupid health fund still trying to sort out carp from October when we were in hospital. I swear EVERY single time i have to claim something its never straight forward im soooo over them atm.

ok off to try and catch up on the goss for the last two days!

Viv you might be right on that one....not to sure...but i know it worries me....especially the fluid side of things...she can drink 4-5 sippy cups a day...but when at care she wont even have half gone..not sure if its not offered...or she just doesnt drink!

Nic - woohoo! Another chubby bubby boy! I thought L was going well at 7.2kg. We're the same, DD was about 7 months old before she cracked 7kg!!

ok i am all caught up! I had to jot down notes to what i want to reply to otherwise i'd have no chance loL! does anyone else do that?

Viv- How long is James do you know? I think Tyron at 65cm is pretty long and being 6cm longer than Nixon shocks me cause Nixon is taller than most kids his age.
    And Ty being 7.5kg he must be up there as one of the fatty's hehe he definatley caught up thats for sure. I think because for the last few weeks he's been on mostly FF has porked him up. and even when he was getting Breast milk its always been from a bottle so always known how much he has had. I miss having a sml bub though i seen a 6week old baby who was 8lb at 6weeks and she was soooo tiny! god it wasnt that long ago but i already forget how small he was!

Becky- WTG on the weight loss! i had a not so good week this week, couldnt even make it to a WW weigh in but acording to my scales stayed the same. i knew i was bad, for like 3 days in a row Oz day, birthday p[arty and pub holiday were my culprits

Nerida _Happy Birthday!` hope your having a fantastic day!

Trish- LOL i had to laugh at your post of the boys a few nights ago. i know it wasnt funny you kept getting woken up but the way you wording it had me giggling! Glad you had a better night since.

Someone told me recently for BF babies 12-16weeks is usually a hurdle when Baby's demand more quantity and maybe thats why so many of them are waking, want more feed to increase your supplys maybe??

Happy 3months to Keiran, Tahlia & Lachlan for yesterday! i remember you all just scrapped into the October bubs lol!
    Happy 3 months to Logan for today! (it is Logan isnt it?!)

Celtic- how did you hospital visit go the other day?

alz- your feeding routine sounds great, i used to dream feed Nixon like that and it worked for me too. hope it continues to work for you!

Who got the storm last night in Sydney? God it was bad, worst one i have seen for some time i thought the big gum trees out the back were gonna fall. they didnt but been out today and there are trees down everywhere. Our ppower went out lucky we already had dinner but only for about 10min. My sister who is 3km away power was out for about 8hrs. I was thankful in a way i didnt still have 2 freezer fulls of EBM i would have been on the ground sobbing if it had to be thrown out!

Star- well done on getting to the gym, gosh i miss it. when i was at playgroup today the room next door was some excerise thing, the kids kept poking their heads over and i though i wish i could be in there doing that while the kids were in here lol!

Willow- glad the head circ was just a mistake. i looked on Tyrons chart and he went from the 25th at 2months to the 50th at 3 1/2months. i forgot my blue book when i went so she didnt get to see his progress only wrote it down for me to plot when i got home. His head was 42.5cm which was 4cm bigger than Nixon's at the same age

Nic - Bummer your DH is going away again. You really are supermum! Glad my o'night capers made you laugh! I definitely wasn't laughing at the time!! Wow, Tyron is a big boy!

Willow - Happy 3 months to your DS! I forgot to say that before!

Rebecca
    - How annoying the DC didn't give Caitlyn her bottles. You should get one of those clam shell pool thingys. You could keep the lid on when your not using it to keep your dogs out! How are the kittens going?

Kim - I wonder how hard the DC people try to get kids to eat? They're not like us annoying nagging mums!

Man I am sooo tired! After a few dodgy nights you get to feel pretty carp. Even though I didn't have to give K multiple feeds last night I still had to get up to settle him twice. I just want some unbroken sleep again!!! He only had a 40 minute nap after we got back from kinder, he was a bit unsettled after the whole ordeal of sleeping in the Bjorn. He is having a big nap now though so at least I could get dinner cooked, eaten and cleaned up! I've now got my feet up until he wakes up or I shower Joel, whichever comes first.

Ha ha Nickers - yes I jot down notes all the time!! Otherwise I never remember what people say!! :-) Yeah, have really been enjoying gym for the exercise and also just a little bit of time to myself - I am finding I have so much more energy than I used to. I hope you can find something to fit into your timetable - it must be hard with two!!!
    Well done Tyron - what a little boofer!! Mateo is only a skinny little fella - 6.4kg which my midwife makes me worry about every week! But took him to paediatrician and he is really happy with how he is doing and we don't have to go back now that he seems to be so settled and content. It was good to know that all is well - now we can just enjoy our little boy!

Oh Trish - it sounds like your days just never end! Ihope you get a rest soon!

Hope it's a good night for all. xo

Spew, loo, pains and bed for me...hope u all have a good night ladies and you all sleep well

Ew, Kim that doesn't sound good hun! Hope you're feeling better.

****To the gods in the heavens above - PAHLEASE let us have a better night than last night....*****

Hope everyone had a good nights sleep last night. Maddi slept right through which was fantastic.

Kim hope your feeling better today

Not us....another shocker. I have no idea what's going on. If he were older I'd be starting to think teething, but he's too young for that. It's that sort of irritable, restless waking though. He's fine till about midnight then he just wakes constantly. So tired....

At least we're going to sleep school on Monday, maybe they can help. I dunno, I'm out of ideas.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast