Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #21

Default Babies Born October 2007 #21

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Evening all!

We've had a busy day and we still have to go out again! It's DH's birthday on Tuesday so we had a family barbie at his mum's house today. We are going out to another barbie this evening after K wakes up. I'll only pop in with the boys and say "hi" and DH can stay and party on. K hasn't had any big sleeps today because we have been out and about so I think he'll be pretty cranky when he wakes up.

We're going to a baby market tomorrow morning. I haven't been to one since before K was born so I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I find some bargains.

Anyway, better run and do some stuff before we head out again

Have a great night all!

Trish

for the wrappers out there...

jamo used to be obsessed with being wrapped, then all of a sudden... no more. he actually just sleeps under a sheet and bunny rug now without problems. it may be that the bubs are just ready to do it.

for day naps i do a cursory arm-free wrap, just so he knows it's nap time. he usually rolls straight to his side and hooks his feet onto the cot bars to keep himself there.

his night routine (shower and long suit) i think tip him off that it's big sleep time and he seems to crash without issues... my guess, it could be time to let the wraps go for some of the octo-bubs.

on the solids angle... i have a gutso on my hands. he LOVES it. i make it gluggy and he wolfs the lot. he's having cereal twice a day this week and i'll intro vegies when he's about 5 months.

as for his 'happy chucking' ..eh... i'm sick of it. i'm going to do the unthinkable and do the elimination diet starting tomorrow... which means no irritants for me. bye bye chocolate, coffee, wheat, dairy, the odd beer and everything else fun. i suspect i'm making him worse, and since he won't have a bar of this formula business, he leaves me no choice. *sigh*

Hi all

Nothing much happening here.

Don't know what is happening with L atm. He isn't sleeping all that much and feeding all the time and having so much. Maybe a growth spurt??

Transition to the cot is progressing. Bassinet still sitting in the cot. Will start putting him in the actual cot for his day sleeps. Doesn't seem to be worried about his cuddly. He looks so cute the way he holds onto it.

Kim - hope its not gallstones. Have a family history of it, tho I haven't had them. Very painful.
    Trish - have a nice time at the market.
    Viv - good luck with the elimination diet. Sad that your diet has to be eliminated!

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

becky Guest

No way I could stop wrapping the princess here. I think she would be ok with not being wrapped if there was some way to keep her dummy in!! (Masking tape me thinks!) Seriously though, tat is really her problem. Maybe I should try on eliminating the dummy first?? But then I dont think thats gonna work either. Dummy's my saviour! Its so cute, when ya wrapping her for bed, she can appear wide awake, th minute the dummy goes in, her eyes roll back and her eyes close. So, Im in a pickle!! What to do.......

Saffi - Maybe a growth spurt.... Maybe teeth?? Did you hear we migt postpone the meet up til the week after. Does that suit you better?

Trish - Hope ya had a good night!

Sweet dreams everyone else!

Morning all,

The boys and I didn't end up going out last night because we were all so tired. I thought it was best to put them to bed early after our busy day. DH went and didn't get home 'til 3am. Great help he will be today . Also won't be going to the market now . 1. Because DH is still asleep! 2. I had a shocker of a night with K and 3. We are all sick with colds. Don't we sound just miserable today?!

Saffi - GL with giving L day sleeps in his cot!

Becky - IKWYM about the dummy! It is a PITA, but you can't live without it either!

Viv - Bummer about your elimination diet . I hope you find out what food type is causing the problem soon so you can eat other yummy stuff again. Have you tried eliminating dairy first? I've heard this can be a big problem to babies who are lactose intolerant.

Kim - I hope you don't have gallstones. How are you feeling today?

Have a great day everyone!

ETA - LOL, K was 4 months and 1 day old yesterday according to my ticker and today he is 4 months old! I think today is correct because he was born on the 31st.
    Last edited by ~Trish~; March 2nd, 2008 at 07:40 AM.

trish - i am actually no good with dairy myself but have been having milky mochas and stuff because 1) calcium and 2) it's so yummy. milk does mess with my sinuses, tummy and gives me acne. i know it but why does the good stuff have to be so hard to give up?

i had rice with golden syrup for breakfast this morning... woooo

Morning everyone,
    Just a quickie from me as today is Ethan's baptism and I am about to go and pick up his cake.

Tish - my thoughts are with you as you start your elimation diet. I am gluten and lactose intolerant so I know what it is like. Lately I have just been eating what I like anyway and putting up with the consequences. Since I am not bf'ing it's only me I'm messing with.

Question for the day - does anyone else have a really whingy bub at the moment. Ethan is driving me crazy. He is very whingy. I think he is teething because he has a lump in his gum that has been there about a week. I have tried teethers, rusks, cold face washers, and have just resulted to lemon juice (Mum swears by it). But he is still really whingy. HELP !!! I'm am going insane. He is also being really fussy with his bottle. Suck, suck, suck, cry, cry, cry. Am going to chat with the nurse on Tuesday.

Have a great day all. Wish me luck with the crazy relos this afternoon. I have some very interesting family coming to the baptism. Talk soon!

Happy 4 months Kieran

Alz - your description sounds exactly like L atm. I haven't felt any lumps on his gums tho but haven't been looking too closely either.
    Becky - yes, the week after would be better for me for a meet up. Have a very busy week coming up and as we only have one car it would leave DH without it for most of the week. Who is coming? If the southside girls aren't able to come perhaps Indro????
    The dummy - hate the blessed thing. Also hate the bassinet, the blankets, the weather and L's jumpsuits atm.

L gave us hell overnight. He was up practically every hour. The first 2 times I put his dummy back in, the third I fed him (both BF and EBM), and the final time DH attended to him and gave FF. He's been down a couple of hours now so we have all been able to catch up on some sleep.

We were suppossed to have ILs come and help us with the house renos, but we cancelled. DH has just mentioned that we might go and look at getting a stroller for our trip up north - lighter etc.

Q - who is using a stroller now? Any suggestions on what I should be looking for?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Saffi-I too am looking at getting a stroller. WAsnt sure how soon they could use one. We walk to daycare everyday in her pram and gee its a PITA getting up and down the stairs. The other day I had her strapped in in the front yard and walked up the stairs (only 3 of them mind you) to close the door and the bl00dy dog jumped up and put her paws on it and it almost tipped her over!! Just glad I caught it in time.
    Anyway - am having a pretty good day. I think C (althoughsooky) is settling a bit more. She still likes having the one arm wrapped - dont think she is quite ready for both arms out just yet.
    I guess I had better head off and get some more housework done Have a great afternoon all mwah

becky Guest

alz - I hear ya on the whingey baby! Chels has been like that for a few days too. She is fine in the mornings. Really good, but as of about 4pm, just whinges and whines all evening! Drives me bonkers too! Hopefully they snap out ofd it soon!! Hope you have a wonderful time at DS baptism!!

Nerida - Yeah Im easy, doesnt bother me. Not 100% sure who's coming. Pretty sure Amber will. Not sure if Terri is back then? Sorry you had such a crap night! Make sure you catch up on rest today!!

Re: stroller. Chels has been in one for a few weeks,. Only cause we had to get one of those double ones for her an Liam. She is fine in it, can see around a bit more. Only prob we have is when she wants to have a sleep, cause as youi all know, she must be wrapped, so I kinda have to wrap her, put her straps over the top of her and her wrap and then put a sheet over her. She's safe enough, just looks odd.

Man Im feelign clucky again lately..... (slap slap!)

Well, may be back later. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hi girls just popping in quickly am addicted to the nappy hunt at the moment!

Well Myles was 5 months yesterday wow time flies! I cant believe he has been part of our lives for that long!

We went to see phantom of the opera today! Wow is all i can say! So amazing! And the boy was so well behaved for daddy!

Terri will be back next week so will organise the meet up!

Am off to get my hair done tomorrow so hopefully will feel young again and get rid of the greys!

Have a good night will bbl tomorrow for personals hopefully! x

Morning everyone!

I had such a [email protected] night last night, but I've decided to stay positive today lol! Joel's cold has turned into a nasty cough and he kept me up all night coughing or whining. I may have gotten 4 hours in total of broken sleep, I'm not really sure!! K did OK o'night. He did the usual 2am and 4am wake up, but was easily resettled. I'm not sure why he keeps waking during the night, he isn't hungry.

K did his first poo in the bath last night! It was so yuck, I quickly pulled him out! He only poos every 4 - 5 days now and the bath must have relaxed him. It was only a matter of time I suppose!

Viv - It will be interesting to see if dairy is the thing that is bothering James. It sounds very likely if you are also intolerant. Hopefully you will have it all sorted soon. If it is lactose intolerance, does that mean he shouldn't have normal formula too? (Not that he seems to want to take formula anyway!)

Alz - I hope the baptism went well yesterday! K definitely has his whingy days where he just wants to be picked up and lugged everywhere. Just normal baby stuff, who knows why they do it!

Saffi - Hope you had a better night with Lachlan last night. I use a stroller with K for short trips to the shops so I don't have to bring out his big pram. He is fine in it. I have a Maclaren Quest which I love. They are really expensive, but Maclaren's are definitely the best stroller I have found. (Of course I didn't buy mine new lol!). I suppose, just make sure the stroller has long enough handles so you aren't hunching over, a reclining seat is really handy (most don't lay completely flat), and a good sunshade. Test drive a stroller with L in it and see if if it feels easy to push and steer. Steelcraft do a good stroller too if you don't want to spend a fortune.

Amber - Ooh, happy belated 5 months to Myles! Lucky you going to see Phantom! I saw it years ago and absolutely LOVED it!

A question - Does anyone here use an Ergo carrier? I have been doing some research and I really like the Ergo. If you have one what do you think of it? I want a carrier that won't hurt my back and shoulders like the Baby Bjorn does. Kieran loves to be carried around and I need something that will distribute his weight evenly. I like the Ergo because it looks pretty simple and quick to use, but I don't know anyone who has one to find out if they are worthwhile. If anyone can help that would be great

Hi everyone, been around just nothing interesting to say.

Maddi deiced that she no longer likes sweet dreams formula, so i had to change her over to Nan Gold & she seems to be going well so far.

Off to Moomba next Sunday,Phil wants to see the birdman rally & i want to go on the rides lol, hoping it's going to be a nice day.

Trish sorry you had a bad night, Hope Joel feels better soon.

Viv good luck with the diet, With the formula maybe J didn't like that brand.
    Maddi is fussy with her formula.

Hey everyone,

Work is over I don't know what to do with myself! Ryan has had a bottle, played with his rings all morning and then went off to sleep he is too good! Almost wishing there was a loud noise from next door mowing or something to wake him up so I have something to do! The house got cleaned over the weekend from top to toe and I've done all the shopping all there is is a few glasses to wash up and 2 bottles. Can't believe I'd ever be whinging about nothing to do..

Hmmm dum de dum maybe I'll go read for a bit..

Claire Guest

Morning all!

Kim - feeling any better?

Wrapping - With Emily I moved her into a grobag about this age and the transition wasn't hard, she was getting out anyway so seemed the right time to change over. With Harry I never wrapped as he never seemed to need it, I'd just resettle using the hammock and bounce him back to sleep.

Viv - Emily is allergic to dairy and I first noticed after she got hives on her face after I had breastfeed her (having just eaten a bowl of cereal myself!). She's finally growing out of it but she also had issues with egg, tomatoes, strawberries and wheat. Harry hurls a lot even though I have restricted my dairy intake to almost zilch but I have eggs for breakie almost every day and that's the only constant I can pinpoint in my diet. Maybe I am looking for something that isn't there? Mind you his night sleep is rubbish at the moment too......

Morning all

L spent his first night in his actual cot! He had his afternoon sleep in it no probs so I thought why not, and just put him in for his evening and night sleeps. My evening routine is usually feed, play, bath, feed, bed. He was really grumpy after his bath when trying to feed him, so I put him into his cot. I brought the bottle with me to try to give him some more. Not only did he take it but held onto the bottle himself. He looked so cute lying in his cot, holding his bottle. Not a habit I really should be getting into, but....

Overnight sleep was carp tho. Don't know if it was being in the cot or what. He was only down for an hour so far this morning, so I will get on with the day and hopefully catch up on some zzz when he goes down for his lunchtime nap.

Also got his shots today so hopefully he will be tired from that. Not that I am hoping he will be unwell, just wanting to sleep longer than usual. Does that make me a bad mum???

Celtic - don't worry before you know it you'll be very busy and wishing to be back at work for a break.
    Trish - sorry to hear J is not well. Hoping he gets better soon.
    Claire - thinking about the grobag option too. Since being in his cot he has managed to travel practically to the head and turn onto his tummy. Thinking that at least if he is in a bag that he will be warm and I may not have to go in and reposition him and worry that he is too cold etc. He is able to sleep on his tummy ok.

Oh, think AF might be paying a visit. Mmmmmmm???

*grumble grumble*

day 2 of boring diet ... and guess who hasn't hurled???? he's gone back to the hiccups, which is what he did when he was really little.

i miss my goodies. waaaah.

if only he liked formula - the only one i tried was the one that has a sample size. there's no point buying a big tin if he's going to reject it. is there a way to get samples of brands other than S-26? (although i suspect lactose so... yeah)

i notice that he's not demanding more food as often as when he's hurling. i think i have stumbled across the solution (though boring for me). i suppose i need 3 or 4 days without hurl to prove it. gah.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast